Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

Do you live in a monastery?

And what's with calling everyone "kid"? It's very condescending.

It's a term of endearment in Cork actually, not at all condescending, apologies if you thought otherwise :)
    NukaCola wrote: »
    Its a Cork thing......... Well I assume so anyway, could be way off.

Spot on kid :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

john why wrote: »
    Allways thought you were a Dub

Ah jaysus no. Get out of that garden. Are yous talking to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    It's a term of endearment in Cork actually, not at all condescending, apologies if you thought otherwise :)

Spot on kid :cool:

Fair enough. I've had Cork people say it to me and it comes across differently when you hear it rather than read it.

A very short period ago Firmino was lauded as being really fantastic in here........ 2/3 poor ish games shouldn't change peoples view of the chap that much.

Very few forwards are consistently good to excellent, he's also after a few games out due to slight injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

orig-21226474.jpg

Its all coming together nicely for next season, Klopp is the man, we love Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Its a Cork thing.......or possibly Limerick? Well I assume so anyway, could be way off.

Since when? I'm from Cork City and only know "boy".

rob316 wrote: »

Its all coming together nicely for next season, Klopp is the man, we love Klopp

Today's win puts us at 20 pts from the last 10 PL games, 2 ppg :cool:

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Since when? I'm from Cork City and only know "boy".

Must be the posh part boi :p

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Since when? I'm from Cork City and only know "biy".

Fixed :p

I feel dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Is it just me, or does anyone else ever get a bit píssed off that the one season Leicester and Spurs make a run of sorts, that they'll only need 82 points or so to win?

Every time we've been close in the last 7 years we'd superpowers to fúck us over.

Yes, I'm a bitter man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Also been from cork city, I use kid if im talking to someone a good bit younger than me but its more common in the older generation, everyone of uncles call me kid. "bud" is used alot more though, atleast I use it more anyway.

Must be the posh part boi :p

Nah, it's bai!

SlickRic wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does anyone else ever get a bit píssed off that the one season Leicester and Spurs make a run of sorts, that they'll only need 82 points or so to win?

Every time we've been close in the last 7 years we'd superpowers to fúck us over.

Yes, I'm a bitter man.

Yeah I'm pissed off about it too.

I wear my bitterness like a badge of honour.

I only "tuned" in at KO today so didn't see this gesture from Bournemouth FC..

https://www.facebook.com/138806056193884/videos/1068212003253280/

Will all ye Cork hoors please shut up now cos no one else can understand a word ye're saying.

Was Ibe any good today?

I thought he was quite impressive, his shooting was ambitious but poor at times, but he was having a go, he seemed confident.

I thought he was quite impressive, his shooting was ambitious but poor at times, but he was having a go, he seemed confident.

Was he running into defenders much?

• Advertisement

Was he running into defenders much?

I don't recall him performing wizadry getting past people too many times so I suppose he ran into people as much as usual. He was involoved in the 1st goal although to be fair Sturridge made it really & his free for the 2nd was decent delivery.

I think Ojo being on the other flank helped Ibe to an extent, bit of balance in that regard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Will all ye Cork hoors please shut up now cos no one else can understand a word ye're saying.

We will yeah

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    We will yeah

Sorry?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fair play to Bogdan.
    bogdanadamofficialCongratulations on your debut big man!����
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BETk3gWCYmu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've noticed this myself but apparently it's been sang at the games since away to Dortmund.

https://twitter.com/RealFootballHub/status/721469237634723843

I hope it continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Watched he highlight there. Looks like the kids played well.

Roll on the Merseyside Derby Wednesday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Klopp's post match press conference was funny. Trying to see him communicate with journalists about Sturridge. As if he was our only player today. I think they expected him to say yeah I'm dropping Origi forever for England's sake

ERG89 wrote: »
    Klopp's post match press conference was funny. Trying to see him communicate with journalists about Sturridge. As if he was our only player today. I think they expected him to say yeah I'm dropping Origi forever for England's sake

I love how you can see the disdain on his face when he's asked a stupid question.

Reminds me of how Kenny treated stupid journalists. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SlickRic wrote: »

Yes, I'm a bitter man.

I'm pissed off we've had 20 odd years of heavy spending, false dawns, new managers, new plans, new owners and numerous world class players and Lecister are going to pull it off one season after they survive a relegation battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

noodler wrote: »
    I'm pissed off we've had 20 odd years of heavy spending, false dawns, new managers, new plans, new owners and numerous world class players and Lecister are going to pull it off one season after they survive a relegation battle.

It will be much harder to take if Spurs do it, given that they've been our closest rival really in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

noodler wrote: »

I'm delighted for sport in general, which is more important to me than the kinship of one particular football club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Milkers wrote: »
    Fair enough but he also coughs it up a lot without even attempting a pass. And btw thanks Augeo for managing to slip a "the likes of you" into a normal civil discussion. Classy as ever.

He also has very good stats at tackling and winning it back so all a bit Meh!

For a first season hard to complain much about him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

K-9 wrote: »
    For a first season hard to complain much about him.

True, but after he seemed to turn a corner there a while ago, it's just a shame to see a few less effective performances, reminiscent of his earlier form.

I'm not worried, though, I've seen more than enough from his first season in a new country to reassure me that we've a really good player on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ERG89 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That guy has a horn for Danny.

"Do you believe Daniel was inspirational for the team"?
    "Daniel Sturridge won the game for you".....then shaking his head while Klopp answered someone else's question......because Klopp said one player cant win you a game of football.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That guy has a horn for Danny.

"Do you believe Daniel was inspirational for the team"?
    "Daniel Sturridge won the game for you".....then shaking his head while Klopp answered someone else's question......because Klopp said one player cant win you a game of football.

He probably already had an article written and was looking for a soundbite.
    Now he has to rewrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm not quite sure I understand Jurgen's irritation at that journalists line of questioning. He seemed to really jump on him for no reason. Does anyone know who the journalist is? It was like Klopp had previous with him or something or was annoyed about something else and just took it out on him.

I don't see the problem with being asked about Sturridge. Sure, it's a team game and there were lots of good performances. But journalists are entitled to ask about individual players.

Maybe Jurgen would have preferred to give some of the younger lads credit as well. But I just thought the way he reacted to the question about Sturridge was strange. I mean, it's no big deal or anything, I'm just wondering is there an underlying issue that Klopp has with Sturridge or that journalist.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corwill wrote: »
    True, but after he seemed to turn a corner there a while ago, it's just a shame to see a few less effective performances, reminiscent of his earlier form.

I'm not worried, though, I've seen more than enough from his first season in a new country to reassure me that we've a really good player on our hands.

He was out injured for a few weeks as well which disrupted him. He hasn't been great since he came back, no, but he still has the desire and the workrate we are looking for, and his goal yesterday was him reacting to Sturridge's shot quickest in case there was a rebound, which there was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At Dean Court Liverpool fc became the first side to win at 50 opposition grounds in the Premier League era. So yes that means there have been at least 51 different sides in the Prem which hardly seems possible somehow.

Note some grounds are the same club at two venues - The Dell and St Mary's for example.

13 - Villa Park

9 - Goodison Park, Stadium of Light, Upton Park

7 - Craven Cottage, St James' Park, White Hart Lane

6 - Carrow Road, Elland Road, Ewood Park, Loftus Road

5 - Highbury, Old Trafford, Reebok Stadium, Stamford Bridge, The Hawthorns

4 - DW/JJB Stadium, Pride Park, Selhurst Park, The Dell, The Valley,

3 - City of Manchester Stadium, Filbert Street, Fratton Park, Highfield Road, Portman Road, St Mary's Stadium,

2 - Britannia Stadium, Hillsborough Stadium, Molineux Stadium, Riverside Stadium, Turf Moor, Vicarage Road

1 - Ayresome Park, Baseball Ground, Boundary Park, Burnden Park, Cardiff City Stadium, County Ground, Emirates Stadium, KC Stadium, King Power Stadium, Liberty Stadium, Madejski Stadium, Maine Road, Oakwell, Roker Park, St Andrew's, Valley Parade, Vitality Stadium, Bloomfield Road, Bramall Lane, City Ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

monkey9 wrote: »
    it's no big deal or anything, I'm just wondering is there an underlying issue that Klopp has with Sturridge or that journalist.

I think it's important to Klopp that the team mentality he values so highly and is trying very hard to encourage can be undermined if one or two players are singled out for special treatment or are put up on a pedestal as that can polarise the dressing room and be very counter productive.

From Klopps perspective which is the more important/worthy story? An established international on >£100,000 a week performs well against Bournemouth or that 3 young PL debutants made their bow and performed well? I suggest it is the latter by a long way and the fact journo's want to prioritise Sturridge doing well so they can write articles about him and the England squad selection in the run up to the Euro's is not something Klopp is interested in playing along with.

Either the Journo's set the agenda or Klopp set's the agenda and I for one am very happy that Klopp is being assertive and doing what is best for LFC rather than what makes the Journo's lives easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Haha, theres a narky Klopp. Say he had a dreadfull hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

At Dean Court Liverpool fc became the first side to win at 50 opposition grounds in the Premier League era. So yes that means there have been at least 51 different sides in the Prem which hardly seems possible somehow.

Note some grounds are the same club at two venues - The Dell and St Mary's for example.

13 - Villa Park

9 - Goodison Park, Stadium of Light, Upton Park

7 - Craven Cottage, St James' Park, White Hart Lane

6 - Carrow Road, Elland Road, Ewood Park, Loftus Road

5 - Highbury, Old Trafford, Reebok Stadium, Stamford Bridge, The Hawthorns

4 - DW/JJB Stadium, Pride Park, Selhurst Park, The Dell, The Valley,

3 - City of Manchester Stadium, Filbert Street, Fratton Park, Highfield Road, Portman Road, St Mary's Stadium,

2 - Britannia Stadium, Hillsborough Stadium, Molineux Stadium, Riverside Stadium, Turf Moor, Vicarage Road

1 - Ayresome Park, Baseball Ground, Boundary Park, Burnden Park, Cardiff City Stadium, County Ground, Emirates Stadium, KC Stadium, King Power Stadium, Liberty Stadium, Madejski Stadium, Maine Road, Oakwell, Roker Park, St Andrew's, Valley Parade, Vitality Stadium, Bloomfield Road, Bramall Lane, City Ground

There hasn't been. Liverpool have beaten Arsenal, Man City, Leicester, Southampton, Bolton, Middlesborough and Sunderland at their 'old' and 'new' grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    and his goal yesterday was him reacting to Sturridge's shot quickest in case there was a rebound, which there was.

His reactions in the box are class at times, the way he pounced on McCarthy's loose ball out away to Palace was just great, was about speed of thought as much as anything. There's a hungry raptor of a striker in there, would love to see more of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We've scored a good few goals from set pieces recently, makes a change from watching them at the other end!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

By my quick calculations, 7 of those grounds are defunct now. Highbury, Ayresome Park, Baseball Ground, Maine Road, Roker Park, Highfield Road, The Dell. White Hart Lane and Upton Park will be added to that list soon also.

Edit: From wiki - As of the 2015–16 season, Premier League football has been played in 53 stadiums since the formation of the Premier League in 1992. This means there are 3 grounds we haven't won at.

47 different clubs have played in the premier league since its inception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Here's an irony - Sturridge could be the only fit striker for Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Everton bought Sturridge?? :eek:

Origi injured?

Also - Happy birthday to Divock, 21 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Firmino seems a bit like Sakho in that it takes a couple of games to get him back up to speed. No worries about him at all.

Also great to see that from Klopp. I am sure he's well aware that stuff like that contributes to Sturridge's attitude, so great to see him shut it down like that rather than foster it like 'The Rodgers' did so often.

Also wouldn't call his performance yesterday inspirational. A good goal, an inadvertent assist :cool: and plenty of spurned chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

47 different clubs have played in the premier league since its inception.

Interesting that - it was 22 the first season, and 3 guaranteed newbies the second season = 25, so its been near enough 1 new team every year since then to get to 47.

Presumably its close to the end of its growth though and it'll only be one or two new clubs every decade from here on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

By my quick calculations, 7 of those grounds are defunct now. Highbury, Ayresome Park, Baseball Ground, Maine Road, Roker Park, Highfield Road, The Dell. White Hart Lane and Upton Park will be added to that list soon also.

That's really sad. Lot of good grounds. Mostly got rid to boost matchday take id imagine? Even when thats a small percentage of where clubs find revenue now.

Good job FSG are redeveloping Anfield, rather than a poxy new stadium in Stanley Park.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement