Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

magma69 wrote: »
    I hope we break the bank for Butland in the Summer. Don't give a shíte what other signings we make tbh as long as we replace Mig with a top goalie. Anything after that is a bonus imo.
    Well, which do you want, Butland or a top keeper.........?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If Sturridge continues to pick up his work rate and sharpness then he'll not be sold for any money. As frustrated as I've been with his God, injuries and looking after himself there is no doubt that if he plays he increases the sides chances of winning a given game by about 50% on his own.

I also find the idea of Coutinho being moved on highly unlikely, sure he is wasteful at times and can be caught cold if not starting every game but he quality hardly something Liverpool can afford to pass on.

Yeah, Coutinho hasn't really moved on this year. Easy to forget he's still young, him and Lukaku nominated as young players of the year.

Sturridge wont be going anywhere. The club are probably giving him his last chance fitness wise and nobody is going to pay mad money for him, even PSG.

No English club will pay £20 or 30 Million. £10/15 Million you might as well keep him, we don't have many game changers in the squad.

Get rid of Benteke and Mario, buy another first choice striker and we'll have Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Firmino as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Well, which do you want, Butland or a top keeper.........?

Butland has been the best goalie in the league this season after De Gea. He's a top goalie imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think the summer could be as much about the players that are going out as much as those coming in I think there could and probably should be at least 10 players going out this summer.

I'd be going with these.

Benteke, Balotelli, Skrtel, Enrique, Toure, Wisdom, Ilori, Teixeira, Bogdan & Alberto.

Mignolet, Lucas, Henderson & Sturridge have all been rumored with exits as well.

We have Ings, Gomez & Markovic to return along with new signings Grujic & Matip

So we will definitely need to bring in a Goalkeeper, Fullback, Central Midfielder and a Centre Forward one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Butland has been the best goalie in the league this season after De Gea. He's a top goalie imo.

I agree he's a top goalie but he's not better than Lloris and Cech this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Mate told me earlier we are only getting 600 tickets for the Villarreal semi away leg.

not yet wrote: »
    Mate told me earlier we are only getting 600 tickets for the Villarreal semi away leg.

Stadium is tiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

not yet wrote: »

Jaysus. I know the stadium is tiny (20k or so), but that's surely way too little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Henderson is brutal and Sakho is brilliant.

• Advertisement

It must be 5% minimum for away fans

You think 600 for the semi final is bad how about this then.
    Another scramble for final tickets awaits if #LFC beat Villarreal. Reds' allocation would be just 9,000 for Basel

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/722084864242139138

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah the UEFA Family - its a very big one. Knackers.

Lucas the best for me :pac:

That's another tiny stadium. 35k in Basle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

You think 600 for the semi final is bad how about this then.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/722084864242139138
    UEFA selected St Jakob-Park to host the showpiece occasion and it will have a capacity of just 35,000 for the final.

Imbeciles.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Selling Sturridge was always a nonsense argument to me anyways.........
    Boom_Bap wrote: »

We should never let Sturridge go. Ever. Even if we get half a seaon out of him. I hope those days are behind him, he changed the dynamic in the final third of the pitch in a positive attacking sense that not many others could do.

Indeed.

£7.5m/annum in wages is his cost to us iirc he meets performance bonuses, £6m basic I think.

There's strong correlation between our recent good form and Sturridge playing, could of course be coincidence but I certainly don't think it is.

Knex. wrote: »
    That's another tiny stadium. 35k in Basle.

How the hell did a stadium that small get a final in the first place!

Crazy stuff

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Crazy stuff

Yeah, definitely.

Should really be 50k+, for a final, all things considered.

Crazy stuff

Brown envelopes stuffed full of cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just bought tickets for that Pool Chelsea game at the Rose Bowl. Stupidly expensive, but needs must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Arsenal fans don't like us lads. :(

monkey9 wrote: »

Gutted. Won't be able to sleep tonight now :(

corwill wrote: »
    Imbeciles.

Move it to Qatar, them boys know how to bribe hold a final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What have we done now? I mean, specifically? To them?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So they can multi-task their enmity then I take it? :pac:

I'd hate us too tbh especially if I was an Arsenal fan. Even Chelsea have a European Cup

I'd hate us too tbh especially if I was an Arsenal fan. Even Chelsea have a European Cup

Yeah but they never got to keep it, neither did the mancs for that matter.

They think we'll get 4th?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I used to hate Arsenal for 89, the day of my birthday. Then Istanbul happened and at 12 O'Clock it was my birthday, so I let that petty hatred go.

Amazing though for all the success they've had since 89 we have Istanbul and nights like Thursday!

I imagine this is hogwash but I'll post it

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/509074/EXCLUSIVE-Liverpool-are-being-lined-up-Middle-Eastern-takeover

Manchester City are already owned by Sheikh Mansour who is member of the Abu Dhabi royal family.

Now a member of his family has set his sights on snapping up Liverpool and has more than £700m in the bank waiting to complete a deal.

Starsport revealed at the start of the month that talks have already opened on a proposed sale.

Although the identity of the bidder remains a closely guarded secret, one likely candidate is Sheikh Khalifa, the president of the United Arab Emirates.

“Starsport revealed at the start of the month that talks have already opened on a proposed sale”

He is estimated to be worth more than £30bn and is even wealthier than his half-brother, Sheikh Mansour who has turned City into two time champions since buying the club in 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You'd wash a lot of hogs with that story I reckon.

Rich Arabs and Liverpool never seem to work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Someone mention Arsenal fans?

Easily the 4th most annoying set of fans on the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ya just have to get on this chief's!!! LOV SAK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you need the sound turned up to the maxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!

https://streamable.com/e/n968

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I dont normally post in the Arsenal thread or read it that much to be honest, but if the thread in some way represents the thoughts of some of the Arsenal fans I know they are probably talking about who they'd prefer to win the title because they are obviously well out of the race as per the the usual yearly collapse, probably hoping Spurs don't win it I'd imagine but some will more than likely begrudge Leicester because the lack of any real success has turned them bitter..........that and probably constantly whining about Wenger......24/7 at this rate I'd say. They should name the thread "Wenger will get another year, I cant understand it, we need a new manager FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mada999 wrote: »
    ya just have to get on this chief's!!! LOV SAK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd imagine I'll be alone in this opinion, but I thought that was pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

mada999 wrote: »

That is the best weird video I've watched this week

and I've watched ALOT of ArsenalFanTV montage's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I hope we break the bank for Butland in the Summer. Don't give a shíte what other signings we make tbh as long as we replace Mig with a top goalie. Anything after that is a bonus imo.

I hope we don't, for no other reason than he would cost a fortune, much better value to be found on the continent.
    If we're going to break the bank on one position this summer i hope it a CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Benteke would be a logical replacement for Mane? In what way?

I don't think he's a logical replacement in a like for like sense. Just that if Southampton lose Mane and they're looking for a forward with premier league experience then Benteke would fit the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Please let that Arab story be true. Nothing against the current owners. I'd just love it if we left Utd behind with their American sports franchise owners.

I could be sorely naive here, but I'd like for us to keep the current owners, rather than turning to some Sheikh who doesn't give a thundering crap about the club, the PL, Liverpool etc.

That in itself is what is refreshing about seeing Leicester, and even Spurs, do so well this year.

In all honesty, while I do like to tell Spurs to feck off, I'd be very proud of their club if I was a supporter right now. Good young squad with a core of English players, a great young manager, and a good ownership and chairman tandem that has them in the right stead.

FSG don't exactly hold back on the spending either, and I'm excited to see what we can do with Klopp at the helm, identifying players. I hope we don't see any more issues with the transfer committee that was so wildly reported when Rodgers was in charge, for one thing.

In short, I like the stability that we have at the moment, both in Klopp and FSG, and I don't want that to change, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Just wondering something and thought this thread was the most likely to have an answer for it. Champions League qualification.

If Liverpool win the Europa League are the 4th place team in the Premiership then not going to qualify for the Champions League?

If (very unlikely) City win the Champions League but finish outside the top 4 and Liverpool win the Europa League and they'll also obviously be outside the top 4, what would happen then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just wondering something and thought this thread was the most likely to have an answer for it. Champions League qualification.

If Liverpool win the Europa League are the 4th place team in the Premiership then not going to qualify for the Champions League?

If (very unlikely) City win the Champions League but finish outside the top 4 and Liverpool win the Europa League and they'll also obviously be outside the top 4, what would happen then?

Top 4 still get places, and winners of both cups no matter their country are still in from what I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The team who finished in 4th spot would drop into the Europa as England can't have more than 5 teams in the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

ush wrote: »
    Please let that Arab story be true. Nothing against the current owners. I'd just love it if we left Utd behind with their American sports franchise owners.

Oil sheik ownership is no magic wand, look what happened to Malaga. AlThani just stopped answering the phone and paying the bills one day, iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

There can only be a max of 5 teams from the league in the event that Liverpool win the Europa League.

So if Liverpool win the EL and Man City win the CL while finishing 4th then that's all 5 teams.

If Man City win the CL and finish outside the top 4 and Liverpool don't win the EL then 4th place still gets it's CL spot.

If Liverpool win EL, Man City win EL and finish outside the top 4 then 4th spot misses out on CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I thought it was just Turty:D
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Someone mention Arsenal fans?

Easily the 4th most annoying set of fans on the forum.
    +£1

FSG are good owners to be honest what they need to do is stop buying over priced sh1t players.

FSG are good owners to be honest what they need to do is stop buying over priced sh1t players.

All owners finance the purchasing of rubbish players for too much money - the Arabs would merely allow even more waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Things Arsenal fans like -

1. Having a moan.
    2. ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement