Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Vicxas wrote: »
    We had 41 attempts on goal..... 41

And only 4 goals? Klopp out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Well. Made a show of them, there, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Vicxas wrote: »
    We had 41 attempts on goal..... 41

That has to be a record for one team.

The record for most in a game was 52 for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Alright biys, I'll scout Villarreal there in the 2nd half against Real.

I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-Dog-02.jpg

It won't help at all, but I might have a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Even 11v11 that is probably the most dominant liverpool game I've seen in a long time. Could of and should of been 10.

Haha Everton slaughtered, especially great for LFC fans from/in Liverpool :D

horrific tackle on Origi, really nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

37 attempts on goal..has to be highest by any team in the premiership this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Seeing Klopp break himself laughing at Lucas shooting was classic.

67% Ball Possession 33%
    37 Goal Attempts 3
    13 Shots on Goal 0
    14 Shots off Goal 2
    10 Blocked Shots 1
    11 Free Kicks 9
    9 Corner Kicks 1
    2 Offsides 1
    0 Goalkeeper Saves 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Knex. wrote: »
    Alright biys, I'll scout Villarreal there in the 2nd half against Real.

I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-Dog-02.jpg

It won't help at all, but I might have a laugh.
    I like your tie, though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Only truly demolishing them would've eased my worry about Origi.

Pity we didn't deliver a beating for the ages but that'll have to do.

Nice to see Sturridge having another good performance.

He's still not had a "he's back" kind of moment but it's starting to look like that might happen one of these days.

Don't think he's getting that explosiveness back though. Despite looking sharp and dangerous in each of his last 3 league performances, and looking like he's starting to trust his body again with how he strikes the ball, he's just not moving very quickly.

I'd certainly love to have 80% of Sturridge fit most of the time in the squad though. I just think we need someone to be the main man week in week out.
    Maybe Dick Orgy is that man.

I like your tie, though...

Thanks man. Spent a lot on that. Its Dogs and Gabbana.

And only 4 goals? Klopp out.

Being serious, it's a bit of an issue.

Lallana is a big offender. He looks so dangerous but he contributes so little in the way of concrete results.

It almost defies reason how he can get himself in such good positions or create such good chances for others but none of it ever seems to quite come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

10 goals this week
    6 different scorers
    1 James Milner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Seeing Klopp break himself laughing at Lucas shooting was classic.

This is bloody great!
    https://twitter.com/SimplyCouts/status/722894120990060544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gbear wrote: »
    Being serious, it's a bit of an issue.

Lallana is a big offender. He looks so dangerous but he contributes so little in the way of concrete results.

It almost defies reason how he can get himself in such good positions or create such good chances for others but none of it ever seems to quite come off.

Lallana isn't there to score goals. He's a vital cog in Klopps pressing machine. I lose count how many times a game he steals back possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Miyagi.jpg

Expert called in to see Origi.

mosstin wrote: »

I love the guy behind Klopp going "should we really be laughing at our own player?" :pac:

What I would love to see is Klopp laughing like this at a United miss the next time we play!! :pac:

rob316 wrote: »
    Lallana isn't there to score goals. He's a vital cog in Klopps pressing machine. I lose count how many times a game he steals back possession.

Sure.

But I'd like some goals too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Miyagi.jpg

Expert called in to see Origi.

Interestingly (or not) my grand uncle was good friends with him since he met him in the 40s in California and used call to visit my grand uncle before he died. Extremely nice man in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Sakho was immense from the first whistle today, right to the last minute with that crunching challenge. Absolutely dominated Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Everything is just awesome again!

Jaysus though that was the worst team to visit Anfield this season. Hopefully Origi is fine especially for next week.

That finish was the Sturridge of old, he's cooler than Crocket and Tubbs when he's one on one with keepers.

£50 million spent on Mario and Benteke and we're doing fine without them. Cash out on them and find 1 good striker and we're looking good up front.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Who was in goal for Liverpool tonight? I couldn't see him!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

67% Ball Possession 33%
    37 Goal Attempts 3
    13 Shots on Goal 0
    14 Shots off Goal 2
    10 Blocked Shots 1
    11 Free Kicks 9
    9 Corner Kicks 1
    2 Offsides 1
    0 Goalkeeper Saves 9

Mignolet made no save again. Charlatan.

5starpool wrote: »
    Mignolet made no save again. Charlatan.

Stealing a living :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Moreno(4) had more shots than Everton(3) tonight.

Moreno(4) had more shots than Everton(3) tonight.

and was about as effective :pac:

It's not often you win a game 4-0 and feel a bit disappointed. Should have had double figures really. Yes,I'm greedy.

87% pass success rate, I don't remember a stat like that even in Rodgers tiki taka days.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Never said he was a friend ;)

Need to attend the IT for a couple of days with 2 other lads from work.

IT conference in Sligo?? Are they finally getting WAP :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Well at least we've stopped seeing 'people' post these stats saying that Klopps results were only as good as Rodgers before him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

How in the fook do you post in the new layout, clicking on the pencil just scrolls the page to the top!

5starpool wrote: »
    Well at least we've stopped seeing 'people' post these stats saying that Klopps results were only as good as Rodgers before him this season.

True, good intelligence marker that was though.

Things are great, need to build on it during the transfer window. We looked great when Kenny initially took over for 6 months so important we build on this. Looking good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

How in the fook do you post in the new layout, clicking on the pencil just scrolls the page to the top!

well, seems like you managed it!

New layout =

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    well, seems like you managed it!

I managed (somehow) to get the old layout to work using an old bookmark, from there i weaved my way through to the soccer forums and then this one, if i close this tab and reload it will go to the new ****ty layout by default.

Not gonna lie , it's taken me 4 hours to get this far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5e1293035ed4ba77c73c77bf7b62e71e.jpg

Joe went a bit mad at the final whistle. It was only Everton like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I managed (somehow) to get the old layout to work using an old bookmark, from there i weaved my way through to the soccer forums and then this one, if i close this tab and reload it will go to the new ****ty layout by default.

Not gonna lie , it's taken me 4 hours to get this far

They don't call you Super tortois for nothing

CghH5AfUEAYPRD_.jpg

Look how much Joe Allen is enjoying his football. 2 men on him and he doesn't give a toss.

CghH5AfUEAYPRD_.jpg

Look how much Joe Allen is enjoying his football. 2 men on him and he doesn't give a toss.

Dancing Jesus!

He really does deserve a new contract. At the start of the season I thought he had nothing more to offer but under Klopp he really has become a different player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

CghH5AfUEAYPRD_.jpg

Reminds me of:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbjWDB0_0fcFGo6O1meLhOUnKHEcczAscNzKvXv_WgwsTkse5e

He reminds me of Bruce almighty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

As a neutral I thought Klopp was a bit overhyped.
    I thought he was living off his Dortmund achievements and playing up to the smiley German persona who gives a good quote to the papers.

In fairness he now looks like that he has got the team going well with a bit of spark.

It beats listening to this type of stuff from his predecessor:

:D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Still haunted about that meltdown when Skrtel came on at HT in the Southampton game.

CghANZKWIAAbeF-.jpg

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Dancing Jesus!

He really does deserve a new contract. At the start of the season I thought he had nothing more to offer but under Klopp he really has become a different player.

That's true of about 10 players though. I know we'll see lots of those boom/bust pics over the next few months, but I don't care, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next season.

I have no real expectations, just willing to see how it goes, but we'll probably break the 100 point barrier. and win 3 trophies at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's not often you win a game 4-0 and feel a bit disappointed. Should have had double figures really. Yes,I'm greedy.

The Origi injury wiped the smirk off my face! Still... Serious momentum!

All aboardbthe Klopp train!

daithijjj wrote: »
    Still haunted about that meltdown when Skrtel came on at HT in the Southampton game.

CghANZKWIAAbeF-.jpg

A win on Saturday are we're in the rear view mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool must wait for an assessment to reveal the extent of Divock Origi's injury but Jürgen Klopp was able to confirm that the striker has not suffered a broken ankle.

The No.27, who opened the scoring in the 4-0 victory over Everton at Anfield on Wednesday night, had to be substituted early in the second half following a challenge by Ramiro Funes Mori which saw the defender sent off.

Klopp said at his post-match press conference: “I haven’t seen [the tackle] until now. I didn’t see the television pictures. It’s a big shadow on the game, to be honest.

“Usually if you tell me before the game we will win 4-0, I would feel different. But now we can talk about the game and this situation – we have to wait for a final assessment. It’s absolutely too early.

“When I came in, everybody who saw the pictures thought maybe it’s broken. It’s not.

“I went to Divock in the medical room and I saw him smiling. The ankle is twisted so we have to wait to see what happens to the ligaments. That’s how it is. I can’t say more.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/217558-post-match-injury-update-on-divock-origi

daithijjj wrote: »

CghANZKWIAAbeF-.jpg

I believe that was Sakhos only loss this year, too. Commentator tonight said he had one loss in 14 games in 2016.

• Advertisement

Daniel can say a prayer for Derek.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement