Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/722909104134496256

Ligament damage doesn't sound nearly as good as a 'sprain'. Spose we'll just wait and see.

5starpool wrote: »
    Well at least we've stopped seeing 'people' post these stats saying that Klopps results were only as good as Rodgers before him this season.
    K-9 wrote: »
    True, good intelligence marker that was though.

Things are great, need to build on it during the transfer window. We looked great when Kenny initially took over for 6 months so important we build on this. Looking good though.

We've not seen much claims the squad is crap lately either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Augeo wrote: »
    We've not seen much claims the squad is crap lately either.

Winning matches does that. We still need the same areas of the squad addressed as people said a few weeks back.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Delighted with Sakho again tonight. The guy used to scare the bejaysus out of me when he tried to control the ball in tight situations and it took away from the fact he was almost always attack minded when passing out from the back. Seems to be the complete package now. Awesome defender. The goals are a bonus.

Winning matches does that. We still need the same areas of the squad addressed as people said a few weeks back.

I myself reckon we need a GK & CM and a striker as Benteke looks to be a goner.

One can realise that a few players are needed without thinking the squad is as bad as "people" made it out to be.

I remember Lallana getting quite a harsh deal in particular. Still, I found such comments a good intelligence marker.

Winning matches improves ppg too as Owen might say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Firmino really did bust a gut to get forward in support of Lallana for the first opportunity and probably a certain goal if Adam had put him through But i don't Blame Lallana for taking on the shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

One can realise that a few players are needed without thinking the squad is as bad as "people" made it out to be.

I remember Lallana getting quite a harsh deal in particular. Still, I found such comments a good intelligence marker.

The squad was not the problem, it was the previous management of the squad that was appalling and a mess was left. Anyone one with a degree of intelligence could see it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Alonso77 wrote: »

Why can't you two just get along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Charlie19 wrote: »

I'm surely not the only who mixes those two up, right?:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corwill wrote: »

Augeo and Augme are the confusing ones for me, not Alonso.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »

He seems infatuated by me.

The squad was not the problem, it was the previous management of the squad that was appalling and a mess was left. Anyone one with a degree of intelligence could see it. ;)

Lots of people without a degree of intelligense in here so. Many regular posters reckoned we needed the guts of a first 11 brought in.

I always maintained we had a very good squad that underperformed, thanks for the support kid.

Lallana is fine as a squad player, ideally he'd be upgraded on with somebody with a similar work ethic but scores more goals. Allen most wanted gone, there was always a player there but it was starting to look like it wasn't going to work out for him with injuries. This season was huge for him, glad to see it work out, he's at that age he needs to getting regular gane time.

Upgrade on Mig, a FB ideally who can play both sides, replacement for Skrtel minimum as him and Toure could be gone, 1 CM minimum as Lucas might want to go and a replacement for Mario and Benteke.

Sorry for the intelligence marker quip. I didn't realise Liverpool fans used it, assumes it was hacksl looking for something to talk about and opposition WUM's.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

thanks for the support kid.
    Seriously? Still using "kid" ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lallana is fine as a squad player, ideally he'd be upgraded on with somebody with a similar work ethic but scores more goals. Allen most wanted gone, there was always a player there but it was starting to look like it wasn't going to work out for him with injuries. This season was huge for him, glad to see it work out, he's at that age he needs to getting regular gane time.

Upgrade on Mig, a FB ideally who can play both sides, replacement for Skrtel minimum as him and Toure could be gone, 1 CM minimum as Lucas might want to go and a replacement for Mario and Benteke.

Sorry for the intelligence marker quip. I didn't realise Liverpool fans used it, assumes it was hacksl looking for something to talk about and opposition WUM's.

I think i'd be ok going into the season with Sakho, Lovren, Matip and Gomez. I think there's a chance that Lucas is kept for desperate measure cover too. Stewart could also end up moving back there too.

corwill wrote: »

Ditto to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Lots of people without a degree of intelligense in here so. Many regular posters reckoned we needed the guts of a first 11 brought in.

I always maintained we had a very good squad that underperformed, thanks for the support kid.

*intelligence

Kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

It's great to finally have a defensive partnership who don't get bullied by big powerful strikers. Remember when Matt Smith went to town on us for Oldham?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Amm, you're welcome?

It is a good squad that underperformed due to woeful mismanagement for about 15 months prior to klopps arriving. There is a sense of purpose and direction now that was nowhere to be seen back then. Still not good enough for where we want be.....yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So you think Klopp will stick with this squad? Nope, nope he won't. He's done brilliant with what he's been left with

Also, you using the term 'kid' now that you know most on here deem it a wind up word is not really on.

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »
    It's great to finally have a defensive partnership who don't get bullied by big powerful strikers. Remember when Matt Smith went to town on us for Oldham?

I don't want to start next season with Lovern as first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    Augeo and Augme are the confusing ones for me, not Alonso.

Damn, I put the wrong one on my ignore list.

Was at the game! Still on a high :)

Cracking atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/722909104134496256

Ligament damage doesn't sound nearly as good as a 'sprain'. Spose we'll just wait and see.

A sprain is ligament damage ye sap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Don't underestimate a badly sprained ankle. It can be a horrible injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hopefully it's nothing a good ice bath and a rake of injections cant help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Not really, he was injured alot and playing ****e. He's playing well at the moment though, would rather someone better but i'd keep him as a good squad player or maybe let him fight for his place. Hopefully we have a long season ahead next season and we need lots of depth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Was boring in net last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

mosstin wrote: »
    Imagine the faux outrage that Benitez would have suffered if it happened during his time as manager - we'd still be hearing about how he disrespected the players. Having a media darling in the manager's seat makes a massive difference. The fact that Ferguson is off the scene helps too.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    So you think Klopp will stick with this squad? Nope, nope he won't. He's done brilliant with what he's been left with

Also, you using the term 'kid' now that you know most on here deem it a wind up word is not really on.

I've explained its not a wind up word.
    Not really on.... LOL

I expect klopp to get a GK, CM & striker in the summer, over his time here the squad will change as you'd expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Talisman wrote: »
    Imagine the faux outrage that Benitez would have suffered if it happened during his time as manager - we'd still be hearing about how he disrespected the players. Having a media darling in the manager's seat makes a massive difference. The fact that Ferguson is off the scene helps too.

Faux outrage!? Not if we were 3 or 4 nil up and cruising.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone got a link to a video or vine of the 2 lads just passing to each other near the centre circle in the middle of all the olés?! Or even just a clip of all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

rob316 wrote: »
    Lallana isn't there to score goals. He's a vital cog in Klopps pressing machine. I lose count how many times a game he steals back possession.
    If the forward (Origi) is occupying the defenders and creating space for he supporting players then it's their job to score goals when the opportunity presents itself. Just because the players aren't good at scoring goals doesn't mean it's not their responsibility. A player getting themselves into a position to score isn't much good to the team if the opportunity is wasted most of the time.

Coutinho, Firmino and Milner all have better stats than Lallana in terms of goals and assists this season. He's only half of the player that he appeared to be at Southampton. He needs to show more composure in the final third of the pitch to merit a place in the starting line-up as an attacking midfielder at Liverpool.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I feel so f*cking bad for Origi, the guy has come back from injury, turned the opinions of fans, media, opposition fans. Is nothing but appreciative and a nice guy and then he picks up another injury, a completely unnecesary injury.

I really think that yer man wanted to get sent off, that he didn't want to finish that game and done that on purpose. It looks like he he even leaned in on the way down, it could be momentum, I hope it was, but I think he wanted to hurt Origi. Then he celebrates it.

And then to cap it all off, Martinez who I actually liked comes out and says it should have been a yellow card. A red card is given to a reckless challenge that could seriously injure, or does actually seriously injure a player. This was evident by the 7 minutes additional time for the on pitch treatment and him being stretchered off in pain.

I'd like to hear what is deserving of a red card.

Other than that, I f*cking love LFC and I love the direction we are going.

I also understand that ankles never fully recover.
    I also think that Klopp was asking is Lucas was really Brazillian after that shot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did fans have a negative opinion of Origi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Disgusting tackle on Origi last night, he's only turned 21 ffs, I hope it's not that bad other than a bad sprain - the second I saw it I knew it was a red....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Did fans have a negative opinion of Origi?

Yes, there were a few games he played in a row and didn't score, then started to get some harsh words said about him.
    Then he scored, then got a hatrick, some nice things were said, then injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yes, there were a few games he played in a row and didn't score, then started to get some harsh words said about him.
    Then he scored, then got a hatrick, some nice things were said, then injured.

There was all the gleeful media focus on his inclusion on a worst team of the year for Ligue 1 that some repellent shower of excrement cobbled together. Never mind that he actually scored more than he had the year before, and had comparable stats to lauded contemporaries in Ligue 1. The weak-minded will always be swayed by what they can puzzle out, lips moving and jutting brows knitted with effort, from the redtops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

How long does a badly sprained ankle normally keep you out for? Hopefully his season is not over as he is in great form.

Coutinho is now on 12 goals and 6 assists in 36 appearances - a career best for him. It's a strike rate of one in three games.

He has five goals in last seven games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In fairness to Martinez I don't think he could come out and say his player was certainly trying to hurt Origi. He did say it could have been a yellow and it could have been a red.
    It really looks bad (& intentional) on camera.
    Imagine if Suarez had kissed his badge after taking a bite out of Ivanovich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

We are really hitting form at the right time, but we keep losing players - Henderson, Can, now Origi. Puts more pressure on the likes of Milner, Coutinho and Sturridge, but no excuses for any of them to not perform, they have not being over-used in recent weeks.

Really hope we end on a high in the EL, nothing else matters now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tusky wrote: »
    How long does a badly sprained ankle normally keep you out for? Hopefully his season is not over as he is in great form.

Coutinho is now on 12 goals and 6 assists in 36 appearances - a career best for him. It's a strike rate of one in three games.

Saw a post on here last night that suggested anywhere between a few days and three months before you could play again.

It depends on the extent of swelling, bruising, etc. This looked like a sore one and Klopp didn't seem optimistic that we'd see Origi again this season I don't think - "only four weeks left", etc.

Coutinho is flying, as is Milner. 11 assists since January including 7 in his last 4 games. I think its 14 in all comps - he's doing very well since Klopp put him out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

gimli2112 wrote: »
    In fairness to Martinez I don't think he could come out and say his player was certainly trying to hurt Origi. He did say it could have been a yellow and it could have been a red.
    It really looks bad (& intentional) on camera.
    Imagine if Suarez had kissed his badge after taking a bite out of Ivanovich.

Thought the whole kissing of the badge was weird , for getting a straight red.
    It adds to the notion of a deliberate leg breaker attempt . So for those who say hes not a dirty player seem to be mistaken. Hope hes fined and ban extended .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hope he gets snapped in the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Newcastle H
    Swansea A
    Watford H
    Chelsea H
    West Brom A

We are in brilliant form and should really be winning all 5 of those remaining games. That should see us finish 5th and probably ahead of united, win the EL which means CL football, plus we got to Wembley for a final, I would call that a pretty good season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Tusky wrote: »

Did he score last night??? :p:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

i did when i first saw him play. i didnt think he was a good clinical striker at all. but he has impressed me lately , as have others, lovern, lallana and millner.
    i put it down to having a game plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Newcastle H
    Swansea A
    Watford H
    Chelsea H
    West Brom A

We are in brilliant form and should really be winning all 5 of those remaining games. That should see us finish 5th and probably ahead of united, win the EL which means CL football, plus we got to Wembley for a final, I would call that a pretty good season.
    Ah man, we build this team up only to be disappointed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Newcastle H
    Swansea A
    Watford H
    Chelsea H
    West Brom A

Winning the UEFA cup would be a successful season hands down regardless of league position. European trophy and CL next season, perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Milner second only to Luis Suarez and Messi in the assist league in 2016, no PL team has scored more goals in added time than Liverpool since Klopp arrived. 2nd only to Spurs in "chances created" table.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement