Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I see match thread is started and locked :) hopefully a good read on Sunday night when back home from the ground :)

The race for 5th or maybe 6th game, can't wait.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sturridge's best bet is probably America now. Very young for that craic, but with the absolute state of his legs, it might not be a bad idea to try get as much for him as we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

GBX wrote: »
    Benitez started in June, so first 100 days was preseason. Klopp started after the start of the season.

I think that's the point, remove Raffa and Rodgers though, then it makes more sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Regarding the idea of a Liverpool specific forum, there have been thorough debates on it over the years. The Spurs forum is an anomaly dating back to a very different type of site structure where there was far less formality about how things got done. Basically a mate of an Admin asked for one, promised it wouldn't be what it has turned out to be (shocked) and was granted it on an ad hoc basis.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055834836

It seems to me that you'd need some dramatically new angles or arguments to justify a new discussion on the topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sturridge's best bet is probably America now. Very young for that craic, but with the absolute state of his legs, it might not be a bad idea to try get as much for him as we can.

I think he could cut it in Serie A, although probably not much difference between there and the MLS.

But now is probably his peak value. As hard as it would be to get rid of a 27 year old piece of glass, it will be even harder to get rid of a piece of glass quickly approaching 30. Even 'Ronnie' being the ultimate physical specimen, and with all his saying his prayers and taking his 'vitamins' has declined as he approached 30. Sturridge if he lasts that long would face a similar quick decline IMO.

Maybe some in the real world (like one or two on here) still have fond memories of 'that' season and could be tempted to take a gamble on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I don't want a sub forum I just want the Spurs one closed down. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

And if Spurs could just fuck off in general, that would be nice too.

More forums means less traffic means less ad revenue equals real reason it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If Liverpool win expect it to be locked again by the time you get back.

Expect it to be locked by the time Klopps post match interview takes place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

GBX wrote: »
    Benitez started in June, so first 100 days was preseason. Klopp started after the start of the season.

Bloody Benitez sympathiser 😉

Fair enough - though I couldn't care less personally as it's been an active community for a long time at this stage (and if you were joking there, bear in mind that plenty on the soccer forum past and present are petty enough to want to tear down the Spurs forum just because). Good luck to them.
    More forums means less traffic means less ad revenue equals real reason it won't happen.

That is the reason, yes. But there are very valid content related reasons to maintain the status quo and always have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wouldn't mind a bit of this on Sunday.

13203074535_b7ab645e00_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bloody Benitez sympathiser 😉

Not really .. he was a lazy ****e. Why didnt he do more in them 100 days. :rolleyes:

FitzShane wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a bit of this on Sunday.

13203074535_b7ab645e00_o.gif

While Gerrard had a nightmare on his last game against Utd, there was no denying that he always led from the front in this fixture and had a huge impact on it over the course of his career. You always used to expect that he would raise his game for it and make things happen, and the times he wouldn't were disappointing.

We simply don't have such a player in the lineup Sunday.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/15/liverpool-inaki-williams-athletic-bilbao
    Liverpool are monitoring Athletic Bilbao’s forward Iñaki Williams, who has a release clause in his contract of €20m and has also attracted interest from Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid.

The 21-year-old is a product of Bilbao’s academy and has scored 10 goals this season for them playing as a winger. Williams operates as a central striker for Spain’s Under-21s and it is understood that Liverpool have scouted him in recent weeks as Jürgen Klopp attempts to bolster his forward line.

Arsenal and Tottenham have also sent scouts to watch Williams but Atlético and Real could make a move for him in this transfer window given that they are facing transfer bans in the summer and January 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Judging by other Bilbao transfers, if true, that one could drag on.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Regarding the idea of a Liverpool specific forum, there have been thorough debates on it over the years. The Spurs forum is an anomaly dating back to a very different type of site structure where there was far less formality about how things got done. Basically a mate of an Admin asked for one, promised it wouldn't be what it has turned out to be (shocked) and was granted it on an ad hoc basis.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055834836

It seems to me that you'd need some dramatically new angles or arguments to justify a new discussion on the topic.

Was always against one but the decent non Liverpool posters are gone or don't post here anymore.

lol, keep on fighting the good fight.

Hard to know, there's some huge 1 club sites about, irishkop for Ireland alone so separate sub fora could be busier.

I suppose the idea is a community of football supporters, not individual club or league communities. You can still have that if you want and stick to your club superthreads, but there's more going on as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

^^^^

I've seen this guy he is ridiculously quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There are as many league games in the first half of season as there are in the second half.

Danny Murphy '' running out of game to get top 4''
    I don't see it that way.

I'm just hoping the second half is better than the first and that we have a fit squad and
    a firing Sturridge, or a new striker.

People talk like it's mid April.
    That was our first league game at Anfield in 2016.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That guy looks like a hybrid of Sturridge x Ojo.
    From that video, he plays like Origi in the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

RAWK has ensured that Liverpool fans wanting our own forum are compatible to Germans looking for a far right government.

Let's not encourage an environment where evils like romantic poetry about managers are nurtured and deemed socially acceptable

Too early to say we are running out of games, need another 6 or 7 yet, though everybody is really hoping Leicester completely fall back. It was kind of assumed they would 2 months ago and the big guys would've caught them by now.

For all the Raving about Spurs they aren't that far away at all. I don't think we'll be consistent enough and that will cost us. I thought we'd be grand against the lower teams away from home but the last few results have been very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Whatever about points, but if you are the only 1 in the top half of the table with a minus goal difference you can forget about 4th. Only 25 goals scored after 21 games is piss poor. We need a striker badly who can find the net consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

K-9 wrote: »
    Too early to say we are running out of games, need another 6 or 7 yet, though everybody is really hoping Leicester completely fall back. It was kind of assumed they would 2 months ago and the big guys would've caught them by now.

For all the Raving about Spurs they aren't that far away at all. I don't think we'll be consistent enough and that will cost us. I thought we'd be grand against the lower teams away from home but the last few results have been very poor.

Too easy to frustrate us and after that it's a shooting gallery for a bumper crop of lower level strike forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol Sturridge - people need to let go!!

No thanks, I know you're now entrenched in that mind set after you had a rant a while ago, but anyway no I won't let go until at least 2 strikers of equal ability are brought in, unfortunately players of Sturridge' class are not easy to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A good read here.

The secrets behind Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool
    Exclusive: Assistant coach Peter Krawietz explains how half-time videos, hard work and laughter are integral to the Anfield revolution

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/12101374/Revealed-The-secrets-behind-Jurgen-Klopps-Liverpool.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

unfortunately players of Sturridge' glass are not easy to find.

Fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Fixed

I'll give you that one.

rob316 wrote: »
    Whatever about points, but if you are the only 1 in the top half of the table with a minus goal difference you can forget about 4th. Only 25 goals scored after 21 games is piss poor. We need a striker badly who can find the net consistently.

Only team in the top 12 to have a minus goal difference, really is mad. Shows what happens when you dont try to replace Suarez and plan for the inevitable Sturridge breakdown.

30m+ on Benteke, how were we so stupid?.....as good as he was for Villa its crazy money to blow on what is a limited striker.

Sturridge is a great player, but he cant play, and if he doesn't come back from these recent injuries to actually contribute over a decent period of time I dont think he ever will. Its frustrating because he is exactly what we need right now, but we should look to replace correctly. Having him available will be a bonus in the future nothing more as he cannot be relied on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Spurs have a GD of 17 while we are -2. We concede too many and don't score enough so it's a huge ask to turn that around. We have to overtake five teams to get fourth spot. We have a slim chance if we beat United, but if we lose I think all hope is probably lost.

The fact that 28 year old Shane Long would probably cost only slightly less than Iñaki Williams tells us what's wrong with the policy of buying prem-proven strikers.

Tusky wrote: »
    Spurs have a GD of 17 while we are -2. We concede too many and don't score enough so it's a huge ask to turn that around. We have to overtake five teams to get fourth spot. We have a slim chance if we beat United, but if we lose I think all hope is probably lost.

Yep, don't think we'll do it. Even if we get 6 points from United and the Spurs game, we'll drop too many elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Considering Real and Atletico can only sign players in this window then not for a year, they will be pushing for signings now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dickerty wrote: »
    Considering Real and Atletico can only sign players in this window then not for a year, they will be pushing for signings now...

Sign him up now

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

From Klopp's comments it sounds like we are in the process of negotiating with Matip for a pre-contract agreement. If we weren't at all interested he'd presumably have said similar to what he said for Pato.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

utd prob get to keep de gea aswell ,which is unfortunate

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

To say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dickerty wrote: »

They might appeal the ban like Barca and get it postponed until summer and make signings then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Akabusi wrote: »
    As someone who has had this injury you are a bit of the mark to say that the tendon will weaken and snap. The patellar tendon becomes inflamed end of. It is very sore but can be firstly managed for a time with anti inflammatory medication while still playing. Rest obviously helps but without changing the dynamics of how you run or exercise it will return. The theoretical cure you talk about is where they take some of your blood and remove the platelets from the blood and directly inject the platelets into the tendon. It is a reality even for the ordinary GAA club player - I have had this done and it worked for me although it took two injections to get right. For me it was just another injury that I have had and once I've gotten over it, I have never given it a second thought. Fraser Forster's knee will not be a gamble for any club. If he continues with the form he showed before the injury he will have a long distinguished career and I for one would like it to be at Liverpool.
    Not wishing to belittle your injury and subsequent recovery but there is more than one form of the tendinitis.

Foster suffered the most extreme. Craig Gordon suffered the same injury in 2011 and it almost ended his career. He spent two years recovering without the support of a football club behind him and they weren't exactly queueing up to offer him a contract when he completed his recovery. It's also the same injury that effectively ended Owen Hargreaves career. The tendons in their knees didn't just become inflamed, they required surgery to reconstruct the tendon and also received the platelet injections.

The platelet injections are not the same as stem cell treatment. Platelet therapy has been a reality for the past 30 years. The platelet treatment stimulates regrowth of the existing tendon using type-3 collagen. It isn't a cure because the regrown tendon (type-3 collagen) is weaker than the original (type-1 collagen) and is still susceptible to becoming inflamed. Given enough recovery time, the body will naturally replace the type-3 with type-1 but it doesn't always occur.

The stem cell based cure will essentially create a new tendon - it's gene therapy. The technology is 15-20 years away. Glasgow University are developing an alternative gene therapy that will create conditions for the body to produce type-1 collagen instead of type-3 so that a regrown tendon is automatically as strong as the original.

Chelsea are linked with pato for 10m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If that happens id be amazed.

• Advertisement

lol, keep on fighting the good fight.

Hard to know, there's some huge 1 club sites about, irishkop for Ireland alone so separate sub fora could be busier.

I suppose the idea is a community of football supporters, not individual club or league communities. You can still have that if you want and stick to your club superthreads, but there's more going on as well.

Lol, your mod is showing. ;)

I think as single forums this one and a united one and one or two others (La Liga, LOI?) would maintain their popularity the rest would most likely fade away, they can't even manage match threads for 90% of their games. Hence a lot less traffic for boards.

I get what the idea is supposed to be and while it fits the broadest of definitions, boards being a community is no more than a tag line for a business. There is a stuff outside individual threads but tribal mentality runs through the majority of it from top to bottom and little would be lost by formally separating them imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

965 days lost through injury this season by Liverpool, second only to Newcastle.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35313650

965 days lost through injury this season by Liverpool, second only to Newcastle.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35313650

Sturridge finally firing us towards the top of a table.

Sturridge finally firing us towards the top of a table.

We're actually 2nd bottom in that table. He also has previous form for firing us towards the top of the table with goals.

We're actually 2nd bottom in that table. He also has previous form for firing us towards the top of the table with goals.

You appear to have missed the joke (the presentation of the list makes no sense, no one cares about no having injuries, having loads of them is the news part of that news-story)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement