Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And people laughed when he said he felt alone with fans leaving.

God I love Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

And people laughed when he said he felt alone with fans leaving.

God I love Klopp.

He does seem to got the crowd going again .
    Nights like dortmund and last night have to help but i like where we're going.
    Happy to with fsg and really dont want to upset things with oil billions.
    Though we haven't won any thing yet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

cjmc wrote: »
    Thought the whole kissing of the badge was weird , for getting a straight red.
    It adds to the notion of a deliberate leg breaker attempt . So for those who say hes not a dirty player seem to be mistaken. Hope hes fined and ban extended .
    Keep in mind that Funes Mori came from River Plate, if he stamped on a Boca Juniors player as he did last night little would be thought of it. I don't think his head was right for the game, early on he was completely at sea on a few occasions where he would normally be composed.

Players make stupid decisions out of frustration, Steven Gerrard made quite a few during his career. Oviedo could have had a red card for the use of his elbow on a Liverpool player (Milner I think) if the referee had spotted it. They weren't the first nor will they be the last.

Liverpool were by no means spectacular, but Everton were made to look very ordinary. Mirallas looked a threat in the first 25 minutes but after that there was nothing to speak of from Everton. Their only player to come out of the game with any credit was Joel Robles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I wonder what sort of reception Rafa will get the weekend.

Glad to see ehim back and I hope he keeps Newcastle up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Was out with a few of these last night.

cccd575e455e984987444ee8da788f20_320x320.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The passage of play where the fans kept going, "Wahey", with every pass

https://streamable.com/fuav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Best Klopp moment recently - holding the collar of the pitch invader after the Lovren goal.
    He just held him there like he was bringing out the bins!

emmetkenny wrote: »

He got a good reception when he returned as Chelsea manager a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

emmetkenny wrote: »

Don't think there is any doubt he will get a great reception. Well deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dickerty wrote: »
    Best Klopp moment recently - holding the collar of the pitch invader after the Lovren goal.
    He just held him there like he was bringing out the bins!

Missed this - any vids?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

13000321_10154030204451132_2247316988753044199_n.png?oh=1b0a777b8961641d411c7e75d484a69e&oe=57B05053

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ooooohhhh, last page...

Shiny, clean, new thread about to kick off where we remain unbeaten:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MD1990 wrote: »
    Don't think there is any doubt he will get a great reception. Well deserved.

I'm hoping for a Rafa chant to be honest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ooooohhhh, last page...

Shiny, clean, new thread about to kick off where we remain unbeaten:)

We;ll probably sqeeze another one in before the end of the season...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I was wondering why his love fest for Man Utd had declined in recent months, and his love in for Liverpool had increased (maybe I'm looking too much into things! :pac:):

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/217017-michael-owen-becomes-lfc-international-ambassador
    Michael Owen becomes LFC international ambassador
    LFC

Liverpool FC has today announced that Michael Owen will become the club's first official international ambassador.

This new role will see the former Liverpool striker engaging with fans around the world and representing the club at various fan and commercial events.

Owen, a product of the Reds' youth system, notched 158 goals in 297 appearances across seven seasons and was part of the team that won the historic treble of 2001, most notably scoring both goals in the 2-1 FA Cup final win over Arsenal.

He remains the last Englishman and only Liverpool player to be named the best in Europe while at the club, having been awarded the Ballon d’Or in 2001.

As international ambassador, Owen makes a welcome return to the club that gave him his first-team debut 20 years ago.

On the appointment, he said: "As a Liverpool fan I am honoured and delighted to have been asked to play this international role for the club.

"Liverpool FC is the world's greatest football family and it's great for me to be able to represent the club in an official capacity once again."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't believe Real Madrid didn't get him first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I have an idea for a corner routine-Milner plays it short to Clyne who gives it back then pretends he's playing for the opposition, trying to close down and block Milner as he whips a peach onto someone's head at the far post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Too simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Ah super, boards has chosen to **** right into it's own pants. Anyone forced into the new format this afternoon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No, cos I'm super smart. Look for the "Legacy" link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sabat wrote: »
    I have an idea for a corner routine-Milner plays it short to Clyne who gives it back then pretends he's playing for the opposition, trying to close down and block Milner as he whips a peach onto someone's head at the far post.

I've a revolutionary set piece idea myself:

Kick the ball over the head of the first man, and see what happens.

I hear Charlie Adams is great at it.

OwaynOTT had a hand in that Owen appointment, I bet.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corwill wrote: »
    Ah super, boards has chosen to **** right into it's own pants. Anyone forced into the new format this afternoon?

You outside of Ireland? It's still 2005 on boards for me, which as a Liverpool fan suits me just fine. Living in the past is great lads. Join Mike and Rebel and I, you'll like it here.

I see Hummels is having sleepless nights about what to so in the summer - stick or twist.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36104368

You know what you want to do, Mats...

No, cos I'm super smart. Look for the "Legacy" link.
    ...says the guy posting by carrier pigeon:D

...says the guy posting by carrier pigeon:D

He actually upgraded to Telex...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The Owen appointment is very strange. He's no El Hadji Diouf, but I can't think of many other players who Liverpool fans have less of an affection for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Touch site is where it's at. Works perfect....if you ignore the ads that pop up when you don't touch of them....and if you ignore the multiple thanks problem which prevents the last page of a thread from opening...and if you ignore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Touch site is where it's at. Works perfect....if you ignore the ads that pop up when you don't touch of them....and if you ignore the multiple thanks problem which prevents the last page of a thread from opening...and if you ignore...

I was on Touch, and there's no legacy button I can see on the mobile "upgrade".

• Advertisement

There'll be a lot of the site ignored if they don't get their stuff somewhat workable before letting it loose on an unsuspecting poster.:mad:

No feature I use seems to work or even be located anywhere on a page anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There'll be a lot of the site ignored if they don't get their stuff somewhat workable before letting it loose on an unsuspecting poster.:mad:

No feature I use seems to work or even be located anywhere on a page anymore.

We need to get into the whatsapp kliq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A man who represented Manchester United Football Club should not be an international ambassador of Liverpool Football Club.

Call me childish if you want but I wiped him from my Liverpool memories when he pulled that jersey on.

Who ever dreamt up this in the PR department should get their walking papers. The role means **** all but there still shouldn't be any association with him.

He is a Judas as far as I'm concerned, betrayed his past to win a PL medal. Are the club that out of touch with their own fans?
    Michael Owen the only club ambassador that would be booed out of his home stadium

Someone could probably just create a 2000 version of Boards, and everyone would migrate there and leave the shiny spacey boards well alone.

Take a look at the city-data forums, even. There's bound to be simple, non copyright infringement, templates that allow you to easily create what the users want, if this all goes tits up.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if it keeps him of the tv im all for it

The Owen appointment is very strange. He's no El Hadji Diouf, but I can't think of many other players who Liverpool fans have less of an affection for.
    FSG want him for a marketing machine, it's the almost perfect role for him. The club want to be seen to be producing talented young players and he is a testament to that story. Owen made his debut 20 years ago, so he fits the narrative that the club have a history of producing young talent.

Any 'new' fans of the club won't have much of a clue about the circumstances in which he left the club after Benitez became manager in 2004 and the club certainly won't be talking up his association with Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rob316 wrote: »
    A man who represented Manchester United Football Club should not be an international ambassador of Liverpool Football Club.

Call me childish if you want but I wiped him from my Liverpool memories when he pulled that jersey on.

Who ever dreamt up this in the PR department should get their walking papers. The role means **** all but there still shouldn't be any association with him.

He is a Judas as far as I'm concerned, betrayed his past to win a PL medal. Are the club that out of touch with their own fans?
    Michael Owen the only club ambassador that would be booed out of his home stadium

I don't even mind that to be honest. Professionals go where best suits them.

He just doesn't seem to give a **** about us or football in general. That's the problem to me.
    He's not a football man.

There's plenty of lads knocking about who're more articulate, had a bigger impact at the club, are more involved in football, rather than going through the motions with a painful commentary team, or simply just seem more sound.

Michael Owen is a gob****e. That's the main issue.

Why are we hiring gob****es?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

so the curse of the hamstring has left us but the curse of the ankle ligaments are upon us.

But on the bright side benteke is nearly back :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So the earliest is 2 weeks and the maximum is 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Milner second only to Luis Suarez and Messi in the assist league in 2016, no PL team has scored more goals in added time than Liverpool since Klopp arrived. 2nd only to Spurs in "chances created" table.

Milner has assisted 6 of the last 14 goals!

Origi has a goal or assist every 103 minutes in all competitions, Sturridge 111 (89 in the league).

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

rob316 wrote: »

I couldn't argue with any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

A lot of talk about Owen becoming international ambassador on page 666. Coincidence? I think not!

Well done Everton fans on Hillsborough chants last night. Was no minority either. Need to educate themselves.

Liverpool fans had constant reminders that it's been 2 decades since their last trophy :)

'Tell yer ma, yer ma, to wipe away all your tears. No trophies for 20 years, tell yer ma, yer ma '

' You're never gonna believe us,never gonna believe us, never gonna believe us.... it's 1995 '

And 40,000 fans chanting' Bobby Martinez' was brilliant!

Half of them left the stadium with half an hour to go. Not a peep out of them 2nd half.

Forever in Liverpools shadow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Balotelli started for Milan tonight against Crapi. Milan have utterly dominated, but yet only had a single chance on goal. Balotelli played much as he did while with us. Off the shoulder of the last defender, standing about, waving his arms, and not looking too fussed. Can see him being hauled off on the 60 minute mark if there's no improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

they should support a proper team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    OwaynOTT had a hand in that Owen appointment, I bet.

OTT stands for Owen the twit. Although I hope he gets us a good deal on trout.
    We need to get into the whatsapp kliq.

If you were a true Liverpool fan, you'd be using old boards and talking about getting into the MySpace kliq but your just jiving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

This sums up Michael Owen for me.

The well done he's 13 comment at the end is particularly funny from Southall at the end.....

Couldn't give a ****e about what he does to be honest, was great for us when he was here though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

#last

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement