Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We are now in Klopp time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

How come this thread is still going?
    La st ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

rob316 wrote: »
    He is a Judas as far as I'm concerned, betrayed his past to win a PL medal.

Two things:-

1. By that standard any player signing for us from another club is a Judas. Yes? How would your conversation with Suarez, Coutinho, Sakho, Sturridge go? :rolleyes:

2. Owen was so far past his best when he signed for Utd that we should be thanking him for taking up a spot in their squad which would otherwise have been taken by someone who could actually have scored goals and won games for them.

Owen did so much good for the club while he was a player. He left to join Real Madrid then played for Utd. So what? Fowler left and played for rival clubs (not traditionally as big a rival as Utd) as did McManaman. Are they also "Judas"? What about Peter Beardsley going to play for Everton? Is he a Judas? What about King Kenny going to manage Blackburn and Newcastle? Is he a Judas?

Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Next one should take us to the start of the new season.... bless :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

New thread up yet?

Just trying to get the last post in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

last one

Very last one

last one

Not on my watch. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Waiting for the they need to post less post and those who post to much post before we can close the thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not on my watch. ;)

Did someone say watch?

Panda-Watch-291x300.jpg

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Did someone say watch?

Panda-Watch-291x300.jpg

The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I uh... Ching... King is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that he's a live bear, he will literally rip your face off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

MD1990 wrote: »

:( Not surprised. That sonofabitch really went in on him.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    OTT stands for Owen the twit. Although I hope he gets us a good deal on trout.

..... Still have no idea.
    :confused:......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The more I think about it, the more angry I am about the Owen thing. Are FSG that out of touch? He's probably the 2nd most unpopular player of the last 20 years, only losing that contest to El Hadji the Oaf.

If United have offered him an ambassadorial role, he'd have taken that too. That's how bad this is. I'm incredibly annoyed about it, and it really puts the owners in a dim light for me. Think of all the wonderful ambassadors we could have picked from our retired ex-players of the past 20 years. Carragher, Barnes, McManaman, Fowler, Hyypia, Hamann....Redknapp even! But Owen? I just cannot understand or accept that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

J Mysterio wrote: »
    ..... Still have no idea.
    :confused:......

For the uniatiated it may appear random but there nothing fishy going on and it doesn't take s great leap of faith to figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This is the thread that never ends, some people starting posting in it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Aaaaaand we're done.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Exciting home kit for next season.

CgmLXKXWkAAqVuB.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Don't like it.

• Advertisement

I'm not gone on the shirt, its like a ralph lauren shirt or something. Seems very similar to last years? Also - where's the fuppin crest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wish they'd stop persisting with making jerseys that only look good on someone who plays football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

1. By that standard any player signing for us from another club is a Judas. Yes? How would your conversation with Suarez, Coutinho, Sakho, Sturridge go? :rolleyes:

2. Owen was so far past his best when he signed for Utd that we should be thanking him for taking up a spot in their squad which would otherwise have been taken by someone who could actually have scored goals and won games for them.

Owen did so much good for the club while he was a player. He left to join Real Madrid then played for Utd. So what? Fowler left and played for rival clubs (not traditionally as big a rival as Utd) as did McManaman. Are they also "Judas"? What about Peter Beardsley going to play for Everton? Is he a Judas? What about King Kenny going to manage Blackburn and Newcastle? Is he a Judas?

Grow up.

What aload of waffle, you totally missed the point not one of those players played for united. As a former liverpool player there is just some things you don't do and this is one.
    The rivalry with united is alot more toxic than that of everton for local supporters and overseas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Grow up.

77b3de8a26998929247119649742f342.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

5starpool wrote: »
    Exciting home kit for next season.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media /CgmLXKXWkAAqVuB.jpg:large[/IM G][/img]

5starpool - account closed ????
    Add your reply here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone close this thread before its end if a fist fight. We've only just put the doors back on from last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

cjmc wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Look more closely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Owen is definitely a grade A tool but I'd never compare him to the like of El hadj diouf, that's just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Twitter saying ligament damage for Origi, 1 month. Focus is on getting him fit for Belgium in the Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Twitter saying ligament damage for Origi, 1 month. Focus is on getting him fit for Belgium in the Euros.

Back in time to come off the bench and score a last minute winner in the EL final. :p

Don't want to see Coutinho or Sturridge starting this weekend. They're too important for a meaningless match. Plus I'm confident we can get the job done without them.

This thread is starting to grow on me...really glad it'll be around forever and ever now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Any update on the middle eastern investment?

cjmc wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Ya I decided to close it to protest on many important things. I know I'll be missed around here. Luckily my account closure comes with the ability to still post. A quirky loophole indeed.

rob316 wrote: »
    What aload of waffle, you totally missed the point not one of those players played for united. As a former liverpool player there is just some things you don't do and this is one.
    The rivalry with united is alot more toxic than that of everton for local supporters and overseas.

I couldn't give a $h1te if a former player gave us his best years and screwed a contract out of Utd at the end of his career during which time he did SFA for them.

Peter Beardsley was one of my favourite players growing up and he was a Utd player before being a Liverpool player. I guess anyone who holds him in high regard is looking up to a Judas?

I also didn't have a problem with Ince playing for us having been a Utd legend prior to joining us.

Life's too short. It's no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Is there anything to be said for another thread?

I couldn't give a $h1te if a former player gave us his best years and screwed a contract out of Utd at the end of his career during which time he did SFA for them.

Peter Beardsley was one of my favourite players growing up and he was a Utd player before being a Liverpool player. I guess anyone who holds him in high regard is looking up to a Judas?

I also didn't have a problem with Ince playing for us having been a Utd legend prior to joining us.

Life's too short. It's no big deal.

I do agree with you're thoughts but I still think it's a very poor decision. There are many many ex-players that would have been much better choices.

Fans are divided over Owen so why would FSG choose him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Any update on the middle eastern investment?

No truth in it apparently. Ayre was seen haggling over a box of 20 Camel and it's grown legs since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

mosstin wrote: »
    No truth in it apparently. Ayre was seen haggling over a box of 20 Camel and it's grown legs since.

I wonder. Normally no smoke without some fire.

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but Origi out for 4-6 weeks, effectively ending his season. So frustrating.

5starpool wrote: »
    Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but Origi out for 4-6 weeks, effectively ending his season. So frustrating.

I have a fúcking vendetta against Funes Mori now. Memento Mori :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement