Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Rodgers is on goals on Sunday at 11am and will be discussing the Liverpool sacking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He's looking kinda rough lately...I'd say he's made ****e of the wine cellar since he retired.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Rodgers is on goals on Sunday at 11am and will be discussing the Liverpool sacking

Outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Spurs are a one-man team up top

An injury to Kane or loss of form and they'll fall back. Stay fit and in form and they should keep top 4 easy enough.

Probably worth noting that he only scored one goal in the first 10 games this season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Ha, as much as I don't like the man Fergie certainly wasn't dumb!
    True, he definitely the dumberer one. :pac:

• Advertisement

Match thread still locked. That's a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I doubt he'll be talking about anything revealing.....it'll be standard media stock answers.....

Club thought it was time to change, Unlucky with injuries, great respect for the fans etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Good guy mods are just building the suspense. Will be carnage when they finally open though

Black-Friday-shopping.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Understandable that it was locked till this morning to avoid any drunken Saturday night posts of cringe, but yeah I think everyone is sober enough this morning to pretend to be civil (before the game at least!).

Anybody else think Kloop will spring a surprise and Sturridge will play today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't see it at all. Firmino up top for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

True, he definitely the dumberer one. :pac:

Well done genius :pac:

Can't see it at all. Firmino up top for me.

Hope so but just saw a couple of rumours on Twitter that Benteke was starting. Hopefully not.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Understandable that it was locked till this morning to avoid any drunken Saturday night posts of cringe, but yeah I think everyone is sober enough this morning to pretend to be civil (before the game at least!).

Speak for yourself, I'm having beer for breakfast.

Speak for yourself, I'm having beer for breakfast.

The breakfast of champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nah. Starting to wonder at this stage what the hell is going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Having Giggs in charge would be even better than having Van Gaal in charge....he'd finish them off completely.

Would love to see family man Giggs get the job. No-one in the dressing room would take him seriously with that girls voice of his.

Character alert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Hope so but just saw a couple of rumours on Twitter that Benteke was starting. Hopefully not.

Unless Klopp's starting Smith to whip in some crosses, I sure hope Benteke isn't starting. He's ineffective when we haven't anyone on the pitch capable of crossing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then according to Rodgers Liverpool were after Alli but no price agreed apparently (not watching)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

So then according to Rodgers Liverpool were after Alli but no price agreed apparently (not watching)

Watching it here. He said he spent the evening in the hotel with Alli and was under the impression when he left hotel that he was join in the club. So basically the club fcuked up by not agreeing either money or terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

fyfe79 wrote: »
    What a sad sad state of affairs - sums up the soccer forum really. You would think it is a physical place or something, not just some place where schoolboys send messages on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Muahahaha wrote: »

Character alert

Just watching it there and they've got to the stage of the Chelsea game, after it he's asked if he'd approach it differently with hindsight if he had the time again . " I dont think you can" is the response because we've played a certain way and won 11 on the trot.

We were never going to win the league. I'm convinced of that now. He was in newbie championship manager mode. "woo hoo, I won a game, not changing a thing now and this will continue forever, go magic formula":(

Would anyone else approach that game against Mourinho the same 2nd time round? I know I wouldnt. Plenty wanted to change things during it. There was no shortage of people who saw we were going about it wrong.

Watching Rodgers here on Goals on Sunday. Covering the nearly season.

Welling up. Was so close. I do like Rodgers and it really was a pity he didn't work out .

Talking about the transfer committee and it's sounding more ludicrous with every word.

There was a list of players drawn up for left back. You need a left back. But the player you want is not on the list of players but you have to take someone on the list because you need a left back.

When you listen to that you can see how transfers don't work out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Just watching it there and they've got to the stage of the Chelsea game, after it he's asked if he'd approach it differently with hindsight if he had the time again . " I dont think you can" is the response because we've played a certain way and won 11 on the trot.

We were never going to win the league. I'm convinced of that now. He was in newbie championship manager mode. "woo hoo, I won a game, not changing a thing now and this will continue forever, go magic formula":(

Would anyone else approach that game against Mourinho the same 2nd time round? I know I wouldnt. Plenty wanted to change things during it. There was no shortage of people who saw we were going about it wrong.

Were you not convinced of that when we didn't win it?!?

If Stevie doesn't slip we win that game or draw it. Chelsea were set up for a 0-0 spoiler role and got lucky. It happens... was just a bad time for it to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Talking about the transfer committee and it's sounding more ludicrous with every word.

There was a list of players drawn up for left back. You need a left back. But the player you want is not on the list of players but you have to take someone on the list because you need a left back.

We all knew that's how it worked just some choose not to believe to suit their rodgers stance.

It's a farce of a system. I highly doubt klopp doesn't have final say now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see it was the owners fault all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Scary listening to how transfers worked.

Rodgers sounding like he had little say in who was being bought.

He was pretty much told to sign Balotelli.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It was Costa who walked away, when have you ever seen that happen before?

So if he'd have stood there like a sad cnut for the next 30 secs he'd have been a great lad. All that faux hardman stuff on the pitch is utter cringe. Ref and cameras everywhere, total showmanship for the numpty section of the fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It really sums up the Balotelli transfer. He needed someone (and we did need a striker) and a few weeks after saying he wasn't going to be signing Balotelli, he's left with little option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

He hasn't said that once... he's stating how the transfer system worked at the end. Do you really doubt him?!? Everything we've heard about it is pretty much exactly as he described. Or do you think that he wanted Mario???

The replacement process for suarez was get sanchez then when they couldn't they pretty much were clueless so we stuck with Lambert. It gets funnier every word said about this tc.

That's bullsh!t

Augeo wrote: »
    So if he'd have stood there like a sad cnut for the next 30 secs he'd have been a great lad. All that faux hardman stuff on the pitch is utter cringe. Ref and cameras everywhere, total showmanship for the numpty section of the fans.

Costa's a coward. Stamping on people etc, but when he's squaring up to people he makes sure there's someone there to hold him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He hasn't said that once... he's stating how the transfer system worked at the end. Do you really doubt him?!? Everything we've heard about it is pretty much exactly as he described. Or do you think that he wanted Mario???

I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

• Advertisement

Yes because that's what he said

Why? :confused:

I see no reason for him to go on live TV , sky sports and lie about the transfer system and dealings at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Most of the players that have been brought in recently have been shocking.

Lambert and Balotelli are not half as good as Suarez or Sturridge.

No ambition from the so called Transfer committee especially when we were in the Champions League that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ive a lot of respect for brendan rodgers,the way he conducted himself and effort he gave to our club,he didnt do a stevie g blame book after he left either , hope he comes back into the prem at a decent club.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Costa's a coward. Stamping on people etc, but when he's squaring up to people he makes sure there's someone there to hold him back.

lol

Players square up to each other in most games several times, the worst that happens is some light head contact and hands being brushed away if one lad points at the other.

It's total horsesh1t. Do you expect them to go at it pub carpark style or something? Seriously.

He didn't blame anyone he said he didn't have final say the whole process was a group thing. Basically he got to pick the best of a bad bunch. Joke system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

BR really let himself down there, trying to shift the blame to the TC and saying he didn't have the final say, indicating that his arm was twisted.

I'm pretty sure I could find many interviews where he boasts that he has the final say on all transfers.

In regard to Chelsea 13/14, I don't really believe we should've set up much differently. What happened was an absolute freak occurrence. You can't account for that. The last man back slips as he receives a pass. It could've happened to Skrtel or Sakho either. Because losing the league in such a manner hurts so bloody much, some people try to rationalize it by blaming Brendan and saying they would've done it different.

rob316 wrote: »
    We all knew that's how it worked just some choose not to believe to suit their rodgers stance.

It's a farce of a system. I highly doubt klopp doesn't have final say now though.

Well to be fair Mr Alan filled us in on the actual specifics of how it worked many times so it's not up for debate. Rodgers hardly has a credible view of things, I trust Mr Alan is correct in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mikeym wrote: »
    Most of the players that have been brought in recently have been shocking.

Lambert and Balotelli are not half as good as Suarez or Sturridge.

No ambition from the so called Transfer committee especially when we were in the Champions League that season.

Have to say i totally agree about the lack of the ambition from the owners in that particular window if not most. This summer will be interesting to see if they give klopp considerable backing to build his team

Augeo wrote: »
    lol

Players square up to each other in most games several times, the worst that happens is some light head contact and hands being brushed away if one lad points at the other.

It's total horsesh1t. Do you expect them to go at it pub carpark style or something? Seriously.

Ok, i'll rephrase it slightly. For someone who pretends to be a hardman, Costa's a coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

To summarise the way I understood BR, all the good stuff was down to him and all the bad stuff was everyone else's fault.what a bluffer

Umaro wrote: »
    BR really let himself down there, trying to shift the blame to the TC and saying he didn't have the final say, indicating that his arm was twisted.

I'm pretty sure I could find many interviews where he boasts that he has the final say on all transfers.

In regard to Chelsea 13/14, I don't really believe we should've set up much differently. What happened was an absolute freak occurrence. You can't account for that. The last man back slips as he receives a pass. It could've happened to Skrtel or Sakho either. Because losing the league in such a manner hurts so bloody much, some people try to rationalize it by blaming Brendan and saying they would've done it different.

What he says makes sense though. He had the final say on who was signed, but he was sometimes choosing from two or three players for a certain position in which his preferred player mightn't have been in that group to pick from in the first place.

To be honest, it doesn't matter what Rodgers says, some people will choose to listen and take from it what they want depending on whatever angle they're coming at it from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    If Stevie doesn't slip we win that game or draw it. Chelsea were set up for a 0-0 spoiler role and got lucky. It happens... was just a bad time for it to happen.

I'm not convinced of that at all. We spent the game taking long shots and getting nowhere. It was fairly likely we would be hit on the break at some stage while playing a really high line.

Just because they got the goal from the slip doesnt mean they wouldnt have got one a few minutes later if things were different. We played in to Mourinho's hands and got away with it a bit because it can be blamed on Gerrard slipping.

I remember him saying we 100% would not be signing Mario, we than signed Mario, he played him for a bit than froze him out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement