Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

I'm not convinced of that at all. We spent the game taking long shots and getting nowhere. It was fairly likely we would be hit on the break at some stage while playing a really high line.

Just because they got the goal from the slip doesnt mean they wouldnt have got one a few minutes later if things were different. We played in to Mourinho's hands and got away with it a bit because it can be blamed on Gerrard slipping.

Well until it can be clarified who has the better crystal ball we'll have to keep wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

This attitude is disgusting to me. He gave his all for the club and lead us through one of the greatest seasons we've experienced in my 30 years supporting the club. The what have you done for me lately attitude is disgusting imo. I hate how it permeates in football today and in particularly in this thread.

He said NOTHING in this interview that we didn't already know. He feels he approached the Chelsea game correctly and I agree, it was just unlucky Stevie slipped.

On the transfers we knew this was how it worked. There is NO WAY in hell he wanted Mario. It was obvious at the time and it was obvious afterwards. He's hardly going to come out and say "I don't know how to work the transfer window" is he? Who would hire him then? He as part of the committee has made some good signings and some bad ones. It sounds like the club thought Sanchez was a done deal and if that was the case then it makes the summer a lot more understandable even if it doesn't make it any less infuriating that there wasn't a real plan b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Augeo wrote: »
    Well until it can be clarified who has the better crystal ball we'll have to keep wondering.

Mourinho clearly has the best crystal ball. He set up the way he wanted and knew what way we'd play. Say what you want about him, but theres a reason he has league titles and others dont. It's no accident.

To summarise the way I understood BR, all the good stuff was down to him and all the bad stuff was everyone else's fault.what a bluffer

Did you not hear him talk about how ridiculously good Suarez was and the impact of him and Sturridge??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rodgers just called Shelvey a wonderful technician. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'd play the same team that faced arsenal, except I'd start Allen instead of can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Apparently Caulker and Beneteke in for Kolo and Ibe.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Rodgers just called Shelvey a wonderful technician. :D

Maybe he served his time as a mechanic in the afternoons when trianing was over.:D

Caulker up front to run about a bit and Benteke centre half to utilise his ability to stand in the middle of the box for prolonged periods and head the ball?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

When you look at how he set us up when we finished 2nd and how he set us up this season were miles apart in terms of attitude, style and tactics. He turned his back on what made us an exciting fearless force and on what made him a success. That was his biggest failing.

You can blame it on transfer committee etc but if he was not happy with how the system was working, after we finished 2nd he could have looked for more control when negotiating a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I see it was the owners fault all along.
    I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

You're a sad act.

That's as kind as I can be, I'd love to say so much more, but you're not worth the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Lucas in for Ibe I'm hearing

NukaCola wrote: »
    When you look at how he set us up when we finished 2nd and how he set us up this season were miles apart in terms of attitude, style and tactics. He turned his back on what made us an exciting fearless force and on what made him a success. That was his biggest failing.

You can blame it on transfer committee etc but if he was not happy with how the system was working, after we finished 2nd he could have looked for more control when negotiating a new contract.

Without someone doing pretty much exactly the same as Suarez then it wouldnt really work. That system need us to score 100+ goals a season (and even that wasnt enough in the end) and without Suarez and with Sturridge injured as much as he is that just isnt going to happen.

I'm not sure the players are around for that , and even less sure they were signable be us.Realistically, who was available and willing to sign for us that was at least on a level with Suarez?

I was always a big supporter of Rodgers, i am of all Liverpool managers until it becomes clear they really need to move on. Early on this season, it became clear to me he had to go, it wasn't going to improve. And certainly, with Klopp coming in as replacement, the timing was right.

But people calling Rodgers a bluffer and a liar is ridiculous. He said nothing radical in that interview and was, as always, extremely respectful to the club and to the fans.

He did a decent job at Liverpool and wasn't the hapless failure some people thought he would be and wouldn't change their stance from day one.

Your sources are ****e hangball. You shoulda asked Moley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's it.

I guess you're trading nothing at all for defensive stability.

Even more emphasis on the full backs and the midfield 3 to get forward.

In this kind of game that's fine by me.

:(

ffs we aren't away to Barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Without someone doing pretty much exactly the same as Suarez then it wouldnt really work. That system need us to score 100+ goals a season (and even that wasnt enough in the end) and without Suarez and with Sturridge injured as much as he is that just isnt going to happen.
    My only problem with that, is he didn't even try the diamond with two strikers for more than ten minute spells towards the end of games. We lost one first team player, granted he was glorious but to change the formation that every other player looked comfortable in and was successful was hard to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess Klopp doesn't think much of Ibe if he is dropping him for a player he has no time for in Lucas.

I guess Klopp doesn't think much of Ibe if he is dropping him for a player he has no time for in Lucas.

Seriously wtf are you talking about? Jive talk of the highest order, complete scutter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

:(

ffs we aren't away to Barcelona

What would you suggest?

We've repeatedly **** the bed against Utd in recent games.

They're always ****e but we just amble up the pitch, trip over ourselves and then hand them easy break after easy break.

They're presumably going to play defensively, so failing having anyone in the squad that can allow us to outplay them and score regardless, we instead have to have a firm grip on midfield and get a stranglehold on the game.

There's no room for sentiment in these games. We have to win by any means necessary.
    Under the circumstances I think this is about the best side we can put out.

Seriously wtf are you talking about? Jive talk of the highest order, complete scutter.

Honestly just fcuking block him at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Does it come across as very patronising to anyone else that Rodgers consistently refers to some players as a 'young boy'.

He said it several times when speaking about sterling. Fair enough if saying it in the context of when he was 17. But he's a 21 year old full international and one of the best talents in Europe. I can't help but find it very patronising and see no need for it.

Honestly just fcuking block him at this stage.

It's hard to do that when his post rate is off the charts, not that that's my concern of course! He's all fart and no follow through that's the problem. Anyway going to watch this match, fck all the jivers on here for a few hours.

I can't call this because we've far too erratic of late.

If United sit deep and challenge us to break them down we could struggle and be hit on counter. If on the other hand they come our and play we could win .

I don't think LVG or United are silly enough to go at us in Anfield with their recent form they'll want to feel their way into the game.

With that in mind 1-1 draw. Which is really no good for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

It's hard to do that when his post rate is off the charts, not that that's my concern of course! He's all fart and no follow through that's the problem. Anyway going to watch this match, fck all the jivers on here for a few hours.

Can you make that a few yrs? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Ibe was brutal against arsenal,if he ripped them a new one he would be playing today

Gbear wrote: »
    What would you suggest?.........

Utd won't come out and attack like Arsenal did, they'll sit back and when they have the ball they'll knock it around if we allow them to.

If Lucas was deemed not required to protect the 2CBs against Arsenal I don't think he's needed against Man Utd. Admittedly we leaked 3 on Wed.

I like playing Lucas allows Milner to be more of a winger though :)

Utd won't come out and attack like Arsenal did, they'll sit back and when they have the ball they'll knock it around if we allow them to.

If Lucas was deemed not required to protect the 2CBs against Arsenal I don't think he's needed against Man Utd. Admittedly we leaked 3 on Wed.

I like playing Lucas allows Milner to be more of a winger though :)

I don't think arsenal initially did come out to attack... they gave us tons of space and sat deep but our movement in the final third was great with runners creating lanes of attack. I'm happy enough with the team. Hopefully Hendo and Can bomb on and cause problems.

I'm not sure the players are around for that , and even less sure they were signable be us.Realistically, who was available and willing to sign for us that was at least on a level with Suarez?

Leicester seem to have it down and they dont have anywhere near the quality available to us. Instead of trying to replace or tweaking it slightly to overcome the shortcomings of losing Suarez we set up like his Swansea side.

• Advertisement

In match thread United fans are arguing who is 2nd best keeper in World is - Neur or Courteous after De Gea so best stay in here for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Firmino 90/1 for the hatrick. Let's go Bobby!

monkey9 wrote: »
    But people calling Rodgers a bluffer and a liar is ridiculous. He said nothing radical in that interview and was, as always, extremely respectful to the club and to the fans.

He did a decent job at Liverpool and wasn't the hapless failure some people thought he would be and wouldn't change their stance from day one.

I didn't say he was a liar or a bluffer or anything of the sort. I actually like BR, and regular posters like yourself would know that. Am I missing why you quoted my post?

I didn't say he was a liar or a bluffer or anything of the sort. I actually like BR, and regular posters like yourself would know that. Am I missing why you quoted my post?

Actually yeah, i don't why i quoted your post. I think i might have benn going to make another point but went off on a tangent. I didn't mean to say it was you calling him a liar or bluffer, it was a general point to what other people were saying about him. Anyway, apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Agent Coulson's view on Rodgers interview

tumblr_n6aappwhDK1rp8gz7o1_400.gif

Potential Underachiever's view.

20160107-world-without-books-gifs-tv.gif

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Agent Coulson's view on Rodgers interview

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Posting someones real life ID is a barring offence ;)

In match thread United fans are arguing who is 2nd best keeper in World is - Neur or Courteous after De Gea so best stay in here for a while

Think I'll be giving that thread a miss.........this game turns us all into ManChildren......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Making De Gea look good there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Elbows going unpunished again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Having Sahko playing is like having a playmaker in the centre of defence. He is so heavily involved when we have the ball, expecially considering he is a centre back. Now I'm not saying he is Xabi Alonso or anything but anyone who thinks he only passes square to his centre back partner is just plain wrong.

Lallana is so fcuking weak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not having a fit quick striker is criminal.

Not having a fit quick striker is criminal.

ah dude... what are the odds that the 3 we have get injured at the same time for prolonged periods?!?

Higher than most teams given one is Danny but still... I still think we went into the season with well above average striking options.

But the club could buy one now and bin Benteke in the summer.

Firmino is really starting to settle in now.

• Advertisement

I'm sure if the right one was available they would. But buying a stop gap would be a mistake imo. We look ok going forward atm with Firmino up top. I'd rather we buy a top class winger with pace.

We'll have to agree to disagree, feels like an opportunity being wasted.

We'll have to agree to disagree, feels like an opportunity being wasted.

But who could we buy that wouldn't cost insane money?!? If we could get Lacazette i'd do it but no idea who is realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Can needs to wake up, not with it today, decent first half though aside.

Henderson's decision making has been poor .

Had we a pacey striker we'd ask a lot more questions of United than we are.

Extremely poor game truth be known

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement