Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Good first half. Quite comfortable. Need a goal quickly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Can't say I'm hugely impressed with the state of our pitch.

Balls bobbling all over the shop.

Too panicky in front of goal so far and Firmino needs to be an awful lot stronger on the ball in the box when bearing down on goal like that.

Why look for a penalty when you've a 1v1 already?

Decent enough performance but no more than that. They look like they're there for the taking and we've been a bit lacking in conviction in the final third.
    With our defence, especially at set pieces, we will be too, so long as it stays level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Henderson's decision making has been poor .

Had we a pacey striker we'd ask a lot more questions of United than we are.

Extremely poor game truth be known

Pacey winger rather than a striker for me. Firmino doing really well up top and along with Sakho and Lucas our best player. I think we're playing better than some are giving us credit for. United packing the midfield and we're having to be very clever to get any space given our lack of pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The pitch is hanging on by a thread, will need a complete overhaul in the summer, if that's possible with the building work going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dont think Benteke will make much difference to this match.

Lallana should have scored with header at de Gea, Henderson's chances were all more difficult to put away.

Same again 2nd half and fingers crossed one goes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Gbear wrote: »

Balls bobbling all over the shop.

Too panicky in front of goal so far and Firmino needs to be an awful lot stronger on the ball in the box when bearing down on goal like that.

Why look for a penalty when you've a 1v1 already?

Decent enough performance but no more than that. They look like they're there for the taking and we've been a bit lacking in conviction in the final third.
    With our defence, especially at set pieces, we will be too, so long as it stays level.

I couldn't believe Firmino didn't get a shot away, he allowed the defender to get back and challenge him with a 5 yard head start in the box :eek::eek::eek:

It's an unusual match so far, United are allowing us on to them and looking to hit on the break.. we need to score first and control the game from there, we need that breakthrough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

hope to see Joe Allen at some stage, we're lacking energy at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Gbear wrote: »

It's not great, it was in the same state this time last year but it was relayed in the summer so not sure what the excuse is now. Hard to play decent football on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Utd to win this 2-0 imo. They'll score early in the 2nd half and catch us late on with a 2nd. It is bound to happen after that 1st half and because it's us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If we still need a goal around the 7th minute make I'd be bringing in Benteke and trying something different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Can needs to wake up, not with it today, decent first half though aside.

Yeah he is doing that thing of his again, looking for the perfect ball instead of keeping it simple.. needs to understand he won't be given time in a derby and to be aware of the players around him before he receives the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The only way I see us conceding is through a set piece or getting done on counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lots of pressure and lots of chances. Makes it all the worse when the sucker punch comes.:(

Lots of pressure and lots of chances. Makes it all the worse when the sucker punch comes.:(

I can see it coming . Mancs coming more and more into it

Firmino best player out there by a mile. Then Lucas.

Henderson is far better than I ever thought he was going to be but he's still a notch or two below what we need to have influence on games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If only Henderson could shoot.

• Advertisement

Time to bring on Benteke

And there it is..............:mad:

That was coming . Being honest we deserve nothing from the game .

Straight at Mignolet.

....still think we don't need a striker anyone? :mad: Wake up.

....still think we don't need a striker anyone? :mad: Wake up.

Then giving the only striker we do have 10 mins to rescue a point. Joke. Nothing but

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Roll on the summer so we can offload the shocking amount of **** that Rodgers left us with

That was coming . Being honest we deserve nothing from the game .

We haven't taken our chances but we don't deserve to be behind. We're all upset but lets not be irrational.

Watching replay of the goal. Mignolet and Hendo both awful for it... why is Mig on the ground..?

0-0 we're looking for a goal to win the game and Ibe is Brought on.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Gutted by that. They're first shot on target but to be honest we've again lacked a cutting edge. One positive is Van Gaal won't be sacked....

• Advertisement

0-0 we're looking for a goal to win the game and Ibe is Brought on.

I imagine the manager felt we were creating chances and didn't want to change our shape too much but wanted some pace on the pitch to go against tired legs. If that was Origi or Ings on the bench they'd be on... or more likely starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

It's getting to the stage now where I think Mig is costing us at least 10-15 goals a season with his awful keeping. How much longer before Klopp says enough is enough?

Is Mr. Glass only shown when we're losing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Not one of this team is worthy of a place. All utterly dross. All huff and puff without end quality. A team of Stewart Downing's so to speak

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We haven't taken our chances but we don't deserve to be behind. We're all upset but lets not be irrational.

We're at home to a team really short on form and confidence . And we play conservatively .We play with no recognised striker.

We bring on Ibe when we're looking for a winner. We bring in benteke when were chasing the game and he's on 8 mins thus far and having put one ball in the box.

Sorry we deserve noting from the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can only hear the United fans on the TV, you would swear it was OT, sakes...

Caulker now on up front. How embarrassing

Play the f*cking whistle.

It's getting to the stage now where I think Mig is costing us at least 10-15 goals a season with his awful keeping. How much longer before Klopp says enough is enough?

I imagine til the summer...

Benteke waiting at the egde of the box. If anyone wants to know why he didn't come on earlier thats why. He is making awful decisions at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

2 CBs attacking the same ball. Classic Liverpool. Drops to Rooney and no one is near him. You cant defend well for almost all of the game. Lack of concentration again.

Conceding from Corners has cost us games for the last few seasons.

Average players = average results.

This season is a lost cause, we are back to hoping (in vain I reckon) that the new boss works wonders in the transfer market whilst blaming the old boss for the problems we had.

Some job ahead for Klopp. I wonder will he be allowed or have the appetite to make the wholesale changes needed, not just on the pitch.

• Advertisement

When a decent alternative is available?

flanzer wrote: »
    Not one of this team is worthy of a place. All utterly dross. All huff and puff without end quality. A team of Stewart Downing's so to speak

Talk about an over-reaction...

We haven't been great but we haven't been awful either. United got a lucky goal after Rooney got away with a blatant push on Lucas up the field. Sh*t happens.

Sakho's been unreal today, Can's done really well, Firmino's made some good runs.

Unofrtunately there's just some players and positions consistently letting us down. We have no striker worthy of starting because Mr. Glass is too busy being injured and Benteke is just poor. Mignolet is also a bag of nerves and looks like he's costing us at least a goal a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Awful, fcuking awful display

The team is not bad (no really) its just hopelessly light up front with a fairly useless keeper.

Anyway maybe a striker now is pointless probably for the league - target now has to be a Cup and the Europa League.

I'm off out now :)

Sums up Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

A striker who can score and a real keeper................. PLEASE !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This squad of players can't be defended,wk after wk we are served up the same **** and same **** ups by the same players, I for one pray I won't have to see most of them in a red jersey for much longer

I'm prob gonna bow out here. There'll be HUGE overreactions as there often is. The best team lost today. we have 3 strikers injured and another who does't suit our managers style of play at all.

We need a keeper and we need a winger asap. In the summer go all out for a top class striker.

When a decent alternative is available?

I imagine he could bid away for Leno or Horn in the morning if he wanted. It's getting desperate at the moment and I would start Ward next game if I were him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

I'm shocked at people's response here, we were by far the better team. A goalkeeper and winger(s) are a must buy now, not a good enough end product. Firmino looking good though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement