Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Pure panic for the goal, both CBs going for the same ball, Rooney left on his own. Dreadful organisation.

Of course, the keeper gets the blame for not stopping a shot from an unmarked player with a free hit from a few yds out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Who's the scapegoat for that goal, I doubt Henderson will get the blame?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

When a decent alternative is available?

You don't wait for a player to become available, you go out and find one or offer big money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If it was a good Utd display I wouldn't mind as much but that is one poor team. The sooner Klopp can put his own stamp on Liverpool the better.

Wan*ers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well no more talk of 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Still haven't beaten Van Gaal. Total lack of quality despite Klopp motivating them. I just see nothing to be optimistic about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

we played well but lost. Should of won that game today but again cant take our chances

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

We were the much better team, probably deserved 3 points if not 1, but we couldn't score against a top keeper. Just shows how vital a good goal keeper is, he kept them in the game and then we concede on a corner again. Sickening loss given the game we played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Depressing. Home & away defeats to the worst utd team in ages. So much work lies ahead for JK...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The team is not bad (no really) its just hopelessly light up front with a fairly useless keeper.

Anyway maybe a striker now is pointless probably for the league - target now has to be a Cup and the Europa League.

I'm off out now :)

What about our cb's, lucas, can, millner,henderson, lallana are they really good enough,I think not,and I'm proved right wk in wk out

• Advertisement

Again Benteke shows why he doesn't belong at the club. He gets into positions that he thinks he'll be able to get a shot of from rather than getting into positions that benefit the team. Rather than tackling Milner for the ball how about getting into the 6 yard box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'll rant later, but just to say I struggle to remember being angrier after a result.

Like, ever.

Utd were fúcking shíte.
    Our squad was so mismanaged it's laughable.
    And we lost to the shíttiest, set piece shíte you can imagine, with the England striker wide open.

Too many fúcking passengers.
    Too many players who look ok, but don't offer anything with substance.

To lose to that inept, lifeless, fúcking shíte Utd performance is utterly unacceptable.

We were set up fine. We controlled the game. There's nothing more the manager could've done to give us the best chance of winning.

The players failed. Miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Feel sorry for Kolo Toure and Emre Can. Some really good performances today. Deserved at least a point. Benteke should have started. Counter attacking at home is not the way to go.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What about our cb's, lucas, can, millner,henderson, lallana are they really good enough,I think not,and I'm proved right wk in wk out

Good enough for what exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pure panic for the goal, both CBs going for the same ball, Rooney left on his own. Dreadful organisation.

Actually 4 Liverpool players went for the same ball and Fellani still won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mignolet not good enough. Need a new GK asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

What a difference having a good goalkeeper makes, it's almost a guarenteed 2 goal swing every match (Instead of saving a sure goal he lets in a stinker). Why on earth was he on his knees looking at Fellani's header hit the bar?? Surely we can't stick with him for much longer.

I'm shocked at people's response here, we were by far the better team. A goalkeeper and winger(s) are a must buy now, not a good enough end product. Firmino looking good though.

We were the better side but it counts for nothing. We've lost 4 games in a row to Van Gaal's crap United side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

To leave two players free at corner with Fellani and Rooney waiting in box was just dumb. They could pick out a cross under no pressure.
    It's school boy errors again costing us goals and pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was ridiculous I'm ****ing sick. Club has to go out and buy a striker now.

• Advertisement

That's about it for top 4 hopes I'd say. Once the Europa League comes back we'll need to put all our efforts into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

MD1990 wrote: »
    Mignolet not good enough. Need a new GK asap.

How can anyone blame Mig for the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

rob316 wrote: »
    That was ridiculous I'm ****ing sick. Club has to go out and buy a striker now.

We need more than just a striker I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

League campaign is now done for the season, but tbh I didn't expect us to get top 4. We will be inconsistent because we are missing top quality. We have lots of good players but no great players; no match winners. Utd can play poxy but they will get results because they have match winners.

Anyway, we have 3 cups to play for, and they really should be our focus for the season. And finishing ahead of the Ev of course. And helping to relegate Villa.

Wouldn't blame him per se but had he stayed big he probably saves it. He actually made himself small so ended up palming it into the roof of the net.

Good enough for what exactly?

Good enough to play for Liverpool,good enough to play for a team in the top 4,good enough to even challenge for top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rodgers really built a squad full of average players.

What a difference having a good goalkeeper makes, it's almost a guarenteed 2 goal swing every match (Instead of saving a sure goal he lets in a stinker). Why on earth was he on his knees looking at Fellani's header hit the bar?? Surely we can't stick with him for much longer.

Mignolet would have stopped what De Gea did today. Shots straight at him.
    No save from Can, just lucky it hit his heel when he was beat, deflected it out for corner. Bit of luck, should have been 1-0.. if we had the luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I'm shocked at people's response here, we were by far the better team.
    I wouldn't say we were the better team by far. Yes, we dominated the game, but at no stage was I ever convinced we had a goal in us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

We're at home to a team really short on form and confidence . And we play conservatively .We play with no recognised striker.

We bring on Ibe when we're looking for a winner. We bring in benteke when were chasing the game and he's on 8 mins thus far and having put one ball in the box.

Sorry we deserve noting from the game

That is a ridiculously simplistic take on the circumstances and unfolding events of todays's match. These things are never black and white like you make them out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Load of nonsense this better team crap.
    For as poor as Manchester United we never had them under major pressure. Their keeper probably made one great save and it got him man of the match. They defended better so deserved the win, we went asleep at a corner AGAIN!!
    Klopp must be raging, huge changes needed in the summer up front and at back. Well done to the winners.

Hard to believe one of the worst Utd teams in decades have done the double over us and hard to believe they won with a single shot on target=(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Think I'll take a break from the thread for a few days after that one.

See ye tomorrow.

Story of the season in one game. Don't take our chances and concede soft goal at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

If he stayed on his feet he would have had a much better chance of saving the Rooney's shot. If he actually dived and tried to save the header I could understand why he would be on the ground but he didn't, he just dropped to his knees resigned to the header going in.

• Advertisement

How do people not see how poisonous Benteke is to the team? Just because he's called a striker and Firmino isn't doesn't mean we'll score more goals with him on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time to concentrate fully on the Europa League I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Feel sorry for Kolo Toure and Emre Can. Some really good performances today. Deserved at least a point. Benteke should have started. Counter attacking at home is not the way to go.

Likewise I agree those 2 players had good games. Don't agree that Benteke starting would have made us any better. United were counter-attacking, not us.

Fack it.

The crapiest man u team in the history of the premiership have just done the double over us,and are 6 pts ahead of us, what does that tell you about this current team, I could tell you but I'll just be told I'm the worst Liverpool fan ever

How do people not see how poisonous Benteke is to the team? Just because he's called a striker and Firmino isn't doesn't mean we'll score more goals with him on the pitch.

He forced us to buy him against our will.

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The crapiest man u team in the history of the premiership have just done the double over us,and are 6 pts ahead of us, what does that tell you about this current team, I could tell you but I'll just be told I'm the worst Liverpool fan ever

It's tells you that we got a new manager 8 games into this season and that we can't expect everything to work out perfectly immediately.

Lallana was saying during the week how he needs to get on the scoresheet, he had his best chance all season at the start when he was clean through. All he needed do was head it over de Gea and he made a balls of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Meltdowns everywhere.

We deserved to win the game, United got lucky. Henderson had 5 good chances at least. He's not match fit yet but he should have scored his second chance.

Anyway, I have just now accepted that 4th is really an outside chance, having previously thought we would make it happen. Klopp will need real time, a few proper signings (and departures) in the summer and hopefully we should be good for next season.

Time to concentrate fully on the Europa League I think.

That is the saddest thing I've ever read on this website. It's just disgusting that its come to this.

If we can't find a striker, or any other player for that matter, this month then I have no problem in waiting until the summer to buy. This season is over anyway, no point spending money in a panic to save a lost cause.

martyos121 wrote: »
    That is the saddest thing I've ever read on this website. It's just disgusting that its come to this.

Disgusting, really? It's a second route to the champions league, it's a European cup, you sound so entitled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Ardent

Yet another game where Lucas switches off and it results in a goal. We need a shake up of the squad in the summer. Too many players not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hard to believe one of the worst Utd teams in decades have done the double over us and hard to believe they won with a single shot on target=(

Not really considering pool are Terrible as well. If they didn't do it thus season, they never were.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

It's tells you that we got a new manager 8 games into this season and that we can't expect everything to work out perfectly immediately.

Is that all it tells you

Disgusting, really? It's a second route to the champions league, it's a European cup, you sound so entitled.

I think you've misinterpreted. It's disgusting that the league is over for us in January to the extent we can't even get top 4. And to make it worse, we don't even have Champions League football to make up for it, just it's uglier, adopted brother. Do you not find that a bit sad?

Wasn't having a go at anyone's post btw.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement