Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Going off topic. Another one for the list.

Is the 4th round draw today?

Tomorrow night I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

What good is getting 25 million for Sturridge??? To buy more strikers like Balotelli or Lambert??? We were crying out for strikers for the last few transfer windows and we have not come close to buying anyone even close to his quality. Even this year where he has spent the majority of the year sidelined he still has 4 goals in less than 350 minutes. We have no-one in the squad with that quality. The club is not that stuck for money that Sturridges wages are crippling it. The problem I think most fans have is they know Sturridge is the best player at the club and they get frustrated when he doesn't play, but why get rid when you have a hell of a lot of other players that even contribute less than an injury ravaged player. Buy a player better than Sturridge and push Balotelli out of the club rather than getting rid of Sturridge and bring in a player and we still only have one player of that level at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Tomorrow night I think.

Yeah. During The ****ing One Show. Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Going off topic. Another one for the list.

Is the 4th round draw today?

Hopefully Exeter will get a good fixture in the 4th round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

price690 wrote: »
    This thread has really turned to sh*te over the last couple of years.

Uh-oh!

raw

price690 wrote: »
    That is all.

Ah ok - Mind yourself on the way out the door so

GIF-Ben-Stiller-happy-oh-you-playful-relieved-Zoolander-GIF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Would be strongly against selling Sturridge, you are strengthening our rivals with on his day a striker on par with Aguero, if you can solve his fitness issues. Still only 26 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

rob316 wrote: »
    Would be strongly against selling Sturridge, you are strengthening our rivals with on his day a striker on par with Aguero, if you can solve his fitness issues. Still only 26 too.

I agree - Unless we got something silly above the 30m mark then we should hold onto him

He's still young enough to not be considered a total write off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

x43r0 wrote: »

Do hip/hamstring injuries tend to get better with age?

Think he's great when fit but honestly cant see him playing a big part in anything LFC does over the next few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People don't want to buy Pato because of his injury record, but wouldn't offload Mr. Glass for 20 + million and run?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Turtyturd wrote: »
    People don't want to buy Pato because of his injury record, but wouldn't offload Mr. Glass for 20 + million and run?

Have you crunched the numbers and revealed it's the same people who are contradicting each other or are you just trying to get Mr.Glass in a sentence? Serious question btw

• Advertisement

mav79 wrote: »
    What good is getting 25 million for Sturridge??? To buy more strikers like Balotelli or Lambert??? We were crying out for strikers for the last few transfer windows and we have not come close to buying anyone even close to his quality. Even this year where he has spent the majority of the year sidelined he still has 4 goals in less than 350 minutes. We have no-one in the squad with that quality. The club is not that stuck for money that Sturridges wages are crippling it. The problem I think most fans have is they know Sturridge is the best player at the club and they get frustrated when he doesn't play, but why get rid when you have a hell of a lot of other players that even contribute less than an injury ravaged player. Buy a player better than Sturridge and push Balotelli out of the club rather than getting rid of Sturridge and bring in a player and we still only have one player of that level at the club.

He's played approx 1500 minutes/17 games in the last season and a half, his absence would hardly be felt.

You dont have to agree with it but how can you honestly not see wheres the good in getting rid of a player on 150k for 25m with a terrible injury record?

rob316 wrote: »

No top club would touch Sturridge with his injuries. If they did they'd only be strengthened for about 12 games a season if their lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd sell Benteke before Sturridge but only by the odd minute! :pac:

Origi, Ings + One absolutely top draw striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

That's a good point, actually.

I would be in that category, I think it's a case of 'better the devil you know'.

If (and that's a big if) we can get him fit, there is no striker available that would fit seamlessly into our attack. Any other buy would be a gamble, again.

NukaCola wrote: »
    He's played approx 1500 minutes/17 games in the last season and a half, his absence would hardly be felt.

You dont have to agree with it but how can you honestly not see wheres the good in getting rid of a player on 150k for 25m with a terrible injury record?

That's actually more minutes/appearances than I would have given him credit for, still fairly pathetic though.

Problem is that people still cling to that 13/14 season as if it's the norm, and react as if we are selling that player rather than a glorified mascot.

And that's without even considering if that season was his career peak that he won't reach again, on the off chance he manages another full season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Some didn't want him in the first place when his injury record wasn't near as bad.
    The one thing he hasn't seem to have lost any of his pace despite the injuries, but if the club can't solve it this time and we are 2 seasons without him well...

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Just watching the Spurs/Leicester game, I actually want Spurs to score, a draw would be quite nice between these two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

NukaCola wrote: »

I can see where it is beneficial for the accounts, but selling an injury ravaged Sturridge doesn't help the team one bit. There are a lot of other players that contribute less and cost the club more that should be sold before Sturridge. If we buy a player thats better or even the same as Sturridge I can understand selling him then but not before.

K-9 wrote: »
    Some didn't want him in the first place when his injury record wasn't near as bad.
    The one thing he hasn't seem to have lost any of his pace despite the injuries, but if the club can't solve it this time and we are 2 seasons without him well...

That's something that I was thinking of as I typed my post. Have we seen enough of him to assess how the injuries have impacted him, or is the impact of the injuries more injuries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

panda
    saps
    sakho/cissohko
    that AVB article
    sturridge
    aresnal
    rarnes and mulitple accounts
    breakfast
    character
    spurs
    jinx
    next year/ our year irony
    anfield cat
    mada postathons
    slow internet and mike/harry
    running from the knees
    PPG
    unbeaten since
    3 games in a week
    suraez and minus 30 goals a season (or sometyhing along those lines)
    and one pound
    phoning in dead
    relentless
    galvanised
    hollow victory
    bittersweet
    roy hodgson
    breakfast club

pulling a doughboy
    shouldn't have sold
    Sakho and painting
    I wish him well
    Net Spend
    Andy Carroll horse gif
    The self portrait
    Colin Pascoe
    Best keeper in the world
    Ginger Mig
    We're signing Reus
    We're signing every good Dortmund player
    Roof truss
    That Shankly picture where he's telling Rodgers he's shîte
    Nervol
    rues as a left back
    Victory Moses and his 20 goals.
    Borini's movement
    Enricky and his few recurring jokes - a complete 180 etc
    Borini and his sisters lingerie
    Sturridge 4.6
    Knex hating Sturridge (I think you're lying here turty, we all know you hate him)
    Chandsome
    **** off Martin
    The Fowler/Ian Ayre piggyback pic.
    the whole 'thank ****' thing.
    leaning
    Stewie and his bins
    5starpool and being a loser
    Hit Der Wuudwurk
    Sterling and his babies
    Mignoletting
    Going OTT.
    Keeping <name> will be the best bit of business this summer
    Adam/Adams
    Doni
    Baboon heart
    combined first elevens
    Mike and being old
    Jay Spearing and Pointing
    Sturridge and not injury prone
    Sturridge and God
    Sturridge injury prone
    insertwordception
    this list
    Worse fans in the world
    "Football friends"
    Welsh Xavi is Pirlo
    Flanagan's Bowie-esque bulge
    Coutinho pulling a Gerrard trying to do it all himself
    Lucas is boss
    Klopp hugs
    Moreno wishes Klopp was his da
    Allen feels like the neglected middle child
    'Liverpool sign bent'
    Babelcopter
    Rafa "let's not go there again" debates
    Enrique in goal
    Hamstrungpool
    Southpoolhamptom
    That kid from the Humour thread

First...second, turtyturd
    Jive Turkeys
    Thanks whores
    Cliquety Clique
    Internet friends

No, we never reus(e) jokes on here.

He's a big boll1x to be honest.

Hang on..... What about Linda and her clean sheets ?

Ibe could be back for the Arsenal game, hamstring not pulled, just 'tight'.

https://twitter.com/IndigoLFC/status/686206447902961664

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just watching the Spurs/Leicester game, I actually want Spurs to score, a draw would be quite nice between these two.

Ask and you shall receive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

x43r0 wrote: »

How many iterations of this thread has that sentence made an appearance in at this stage?

Yep ideal for Liverpool as those two will feel obliged to put out pretty strong sides.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hang on..... What about Linda and her clean sheets ?

Submit you're request in writing via hard copy and quadrupled. And the Joke Committee will review it but final decision is up to The Turdgers

• Advertisement

. Buy a player better than Sturridge and push Balotelli out of the club rather than getting rid of Sturridge and bring in a player and we still only have one player of that level at the club.
    I'd sell Benteke before Sturridge but only by the odd minute! :pac:

Origi, Ings + One absolutely top draw striker

I dont think anyone suggested Selling Sturridge and keeping either Benteke or Balotelli. As far as I can see , and I'd agree, the consensus is to sell the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's something that I was thinking of as I typed my post. Have we seen enough of him to assess how the injuries have impacted him, or is the impact of the injuries more injuries?

You'd have to hope the medical and sports science guys are looking into all this.

We are at the stage this needs sorted now or his career could well be over.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I can see where it is beneficial for the accounts, but selling an injury ravaged Sturridge doesn't help the team one bit. There are a lot of other players that contribute less and cost the club more that should be sold before Sturridge. If we buy a player thats better or even the same as Sturridge I can understand selling him then but not before.

I agree with most but not the bolded part. A lot is a stretch lets be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Daniel Sturridge doesn't play for Liverpool. The chap might as well have left when Suarez left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Selling Sturridge is a tricky one. It's highly possible that his career at this level is all but over already, so if we could get a decent fee and shift his wages too I can see why the owners would be tempted. However, we are a much better team with him available and on his day he's one of the top strikers in the league, exactly the type of striker we need too. We've sold our best players over the years an always failed to replace them so that would also put me off selling Sturridge, it's not my money at the end of the day so I'd probably side with keeping him.

If we are to sign a new striker, who do we go for? In my opinion there are only a handful of elite strikers worldwide, and most would never intend on joining Liverpool at the moment - Aguero, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Benzema.. Probably a few more I'm missing but IMO they are the only strikers in the world who guarantee you goals. Everyone else is a risk to some extent. Last summer Lacazette was the dream signing and look at him this season, he hasn't been anywhere near as prolific. Then you have guys like Jamie Vardy who are on fire this year, but realistically he isn't going to be a world class striker for the rest of his career. I presume the kind of strikers we would be looking to sign are the ones who could potentially become world class, but we could end up spending £30m on a striker who will by no means be a guaranteed success. I think Benteke fell into this bracket, it is very unfortunate that he does not suit our style because I think he would be a success in most teams.

Regarding Pato, haven't seen him play since his Milan days, but wouldn't be the most expensive signing and while he would be a risk, I think it could pay off. Options of Sturridge, Pato, Benteke, Origi and Ings surely wouldn't be too bad.. But again you could easily be left without guaranteed goals if Sturridge is injured.

• Advertisement

No-ones going to pay that money for Sturridge until he proves his fitness anyway. If he does prove his fitness he wont be sold.

His contribution over the last season and a half is easily replaced and if we are all being honest, he should be seen as a bonus when fit and we should plan accordingly. I'd love a situation where we sign a good striker and his fresh injury concerns wont bother/effect the team as much.

He cant be relied on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Selling Sturridge is a tricky one. It's highly possible that his career at this level is all but over already, so if we could get a decent fee and shift his wages too I can see why the owners would be tempted. However, we are a much better team with him available and on his day he's one of the top strikers in the league, exactly the type of striker we need too. We've sold our best players over the years an always failed to replace them so that would also put me off selling Sturridge, it's not my money at the end of the day so I'd probably side with keeping him.

If we sell Sturridge tomorrow, what is it we need to replace? He's not playing ffs. He hasn't got the mentality to play at the highest level.

If we get 25m, that's unbeliveable business. But nobody is going to pay that for him. Any club who wants Sturridge would want a pay as you play contract, and Sturridge isn't going to cancel his 150 grand a week contract he has for the next three years to reduce drastically his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Twitter rumours flying around that we're in for Dennis Praet.

Im feigning ignorance on this guy.

Vicxas wrote: »

I'm feigning ignorance on this guy.

I'm not - he plays in Belgium!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

A young, promising no. 10. Just what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can we have a team of number 10's.... Klopp says yes.

corwill wrote: »
    A young, promising no. 10. Just what we need.
    4 goals and 5 assists in 19 games.

Not exactly outstanding stats for a no. 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Ask lawrenson to pronounce his name

Can we have a team of number 10's.... Klopp says yes.

It's like they're trying to do the most difficult Countdown numbers combination.

Klopp - I'll have from small number and ten from the top please Rachel.
    Rachel Riley- that's a number one, a ten, a ten, a ten, a ten, a ten. In fact Jurgen, that's ten number tens you have. And the target score is 74 points. Lets hope you can do better than Brendan's team.

anigif_enhanced-661-1421411482-2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

More outstanding than Lotsaturns Lallana.

• Advertisement

Stats are meaningless without context.

Thats 4 goals and 5 assists from 11 starts and 8 subs appearances. Or a goal every 409 minutes and assist every 410 minutes.

Top scorer in Belgium has 10 goals, top assists is 10 also.
    Looks pretty decent stats to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/FutbolSergi/status/686255606383132673
    AS say Oliver Torres, who's been left out of Simeone's squad recently, has decided to leave Atleti. If true, all top clubs must chase him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

One can use stats to show what they wish.
    I remember when Suarez left and people were using stats to show we had bigger win % without him.
    SO he misses two games. We win them . 100% win record with out Suarez
    He plays 100 games wins 75 and scores 60 goals, 75% win rate with him

Yep better off without him. Can't argue with stats, they're facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

It's like they're trying to do the most difficult Countdown numbers combination.

Klopp - I'll have from small number and ten from the top please Rachel.
    Rachel Riley- that's a number one, a ten, a ten, a ten, a ten, a ten. In fact Jurgen, that's ten number tens you have. And the target score is 74 points. Lets hope you can do better than Brendan's team.

anigif_enhanced-661-1421411482-2.gif

1438681180-e287ba635b04d4340fcecffe92122176-600x337.jpg

brevity wrote: »
    1438681180-e287ba635b04d4340fcecffe92122176-600x337.jpg

I sure am.:pac:

Pity shes a Utd fan. I'm docking her a point for that, Shes only a 10 now.:D

Shes only a 10 now.:D

Sign her up.

Jimmy Carr on Rachel Riley: "I would crawl over broken glass to suck the **** of the last guy that ****ed her."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Oh love how the shoe is on the other foot now, certain fans up in arms because the English media is reporting about a certain players personal life, same fans were loving it when same media where doing the same to a certain young player last season.

Oh love how the shoe is on the other foot now, certain fans up in arms because the English media is reporting about a certain players personal life, same fans were loving it when same media where doing the same to a certain young player last season.

Wha'?

corwill wrote: »
    Sign her up.

Jimmy Carr on Rachel Riley: "I would crawl over broken glass to suck the **** of the last guy that ****ed her."

Thats was totally unintentional :pac:

She looks like she could do a job,

oSi8WoI.jpg

• Advertisement

Who?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement