Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

monkey9 wrote: »
    Did they put you in beside Sturridge?

No tellies in the morgue, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

The only player I thought looked completely out of his depth was Stewart. Ojo, Teixera and Smith were all very good and I think deserve to be offered an opportunity in some premier league games soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finding it hard to believe it's a coincidence Liverpool waited for Boards to go down before offering Mingolet a 5 year extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

CZMQFxQWYAAU2rk.jpg:large

Even livescore.com are getting in on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Klopp needs to start bringing in the youngsters into the league games now, the league is over for us. Time to start seen who has a future young and old. I'd bin Lallana and Milner straight away.
    I want to see us stick with Ibe, he's young, he needs a run of games. He is no worse than Lallana at the moment and atleast offers more of a goal threat. Ojo too, that was nice to see playing with 2 pacy wingers and a no.10 just like Klopp had at dortmund.

Benteke did alot of good things last night but again in the 2nd half so many times he was on the edge of the box not in the 6 yard.

Smiths delivery is exceptional, we need that from atleast 1 of our full backs, so I think we should give him a go instead of moreno soon. I like Moreno its just his final ball is usually against a defender.

In Klopp we trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ****it, would actually be kind of tempted by an Adebayor loan until summer. Make him think its with an option to buy so he actually tries, then go buy someone decent.
    He's out of contract so a loan isn't an option. I'm sure he's looking for one last payday so no way he'd sign cheaply either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LFC going for Alex Teixeira according to some papers this morning....

Daemonic wrote: »
    He's out of contract so a loan isn't an option. I'm sure he's looking for one last payday so no way he'd sign cheaply either.

Thought he was still under contract until June? Read that Spurs were still paying him 100k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

djPSB wrote: »
    Some very strange comments from Klopp over the past few days.

Mignolet is 'perfect'.

Benteke is the 'complete' striker.

Rodgers would have been burnt at the stake for such jibberish.

Some of Klopp's comments cam be put down to the language barrier.

He may mean Mig is fine for Liverpool, and doesn't literally mean perfect.

And 'complete' simply means Benteke has all the raw attributes to be a great striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/636676/Liverpool-chief-jets-out-to-hijack-Chelsea-s-25million-move-for-Brazilian-star
    Chief executive Ian Ayre has flown to Florida where Shakhtar Dontesk are at a winter training camp and played a friendly with Corinthians.

Liverpool value Teixeira at around £25million which equates to just over 30m euros. Shakhtar want nearer £39m (50m euros).
    Chelsea were keen on signing Teixeira, 26, but baulked at the asking price and have instead targeted Pato in a £7m deal.

Manager Jurgen Klopp has made striking reinforcements a priority with the injuries to Daniel Sturridge, Divock Origi and Danny Ings plus the ongoing difficulties endured by Christian Benteke.

Benteke spurned the opportunity to claim a morale boosting goal in last night’s 3-0 FA Cup replay victory over Exeter City.

26 goals in 25 games this seasin for Shaktar,

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Our Teixeira is out of contract at the end of this season as well as Flanno. Hopefully both will be offered new deals, although Teix at least I wouldn't blame for going elsewhere at his age now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

£24.5m bid tabled for Alex Teixiera confirmed by James Pearce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I hope this doesn't end up like Sanchez, Willian, Mkhitaryan etc.

Positive is how the story is now confirmed by Pearce, without any build up and speculation prior to it, so can be taken that we are serious about the signing.

Hopefully having Klopp at the helm will help us this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hmm, will Teixeira be good enough?

Knex. wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't end up like Sanchez, Willian, Mkhitaryan etc.

Positive is how the story is now confirmed by Pearce, without any build up and speculation prior to it, so can be taken that we are serious about the signing.

Hopefully having Klopp at the helm will help us this time around.

Yea if Chelsea match the bid or better it I'm afraid he'll go there, depends on which Brazilians Teixiera prefers I guess - Lucas,Coutinho, Allan and Firmino or Willian,Ramirez, Oscar and Kennedy. Tough call , if he likes tattoos we win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's puzzling that this has only appeared now, so late in the window.

It'd make me skeptical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

at least we are trying to address the issue, tekkers looks shattered of confidence,that header he scores in his sleep on a normal day,he's trying to be too clever,too technical..

i love the optimism klopp is giving everyone at the club, "hey your good,just listen and learn,ill play you" , young lads must be loving that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

at least we are trying to address the issue, tekkers looks shattered of confidence,that header he scores in his sleep on a normal day,he's trying to be too clever,too technical..

i love the optimism klopp is giving everyone at the club, "hey your good,just listen and learn,ill play you" , young lads must be loving that

Gbear wrote: »

It'd make me skeptical.

Sceptical you don't believe we have bid, or sceptical that you don't think we'll be able to agree a deal? I'd say the bid is real anyhow, it is being reported in the usually sensible places, not just clickbait sites and 'twitter ITK' type places. I'd be sceptical myself though that we can agree a deal though.

• Advertisement

It'd make me skeptical.

Late in the window? There are 10 days of 31 left , not late at all really, there are more transfers done 'late' in the window than early. Plenty of time to get this over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

18 million in for our spectator, 25 out for a forward who will be on the pitch. Make it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Exciting transfer if true

5starpool wrote: »
    Sceptical you don't believe we have bid, or sceptical that you don't think we'll be able to agree a deal? I'd say the bid is real anyhow, it is being reported in the usually sensible places, not just clickbait sites and 'twitter ITK' type places. I'd be sceptical myself though that we can agree a deal though.

Both I suppose.

Its not the sort of thing you do on a whim 2/3 of the way through the window, is it?

If we were planning on doing it the whole time, you would've thought we would've pushed it forward before we let the league season become irrelevant.

I just don't get the thought process.
    Did Klopp just decide he wanted someone the other evening during his tea?
    Did we only just realise he was any good?
    Did we find a spare 30m quid in our pants when we were doing the washing?

Oh yes, a massive transfer I can get behind. Surely the player is interested or Ayre wouldn't of flown out to Orlando to do a deal.

I do have one concern, why hasn't he played for the Brazilian senior team yet?

Both I suppose.

Its not the sort of thing you do on a whim 2/3 of the way through the window, is it?

If we were planning on doing it the whole time, you would've thought we would've pushed it forward before we let the league season become irrelevant.

I would imagine transfer negotiations are fairly complicated, I doubt we just said **** it lets just buy a player in the last few days. There may have been lengthy negotiations for weeks for all we know. The papers have got hold of the story now when there is something more concrete than "sources close to the player have said" etc........chances are his agent has let the media know so he can get a better deal from us or a different club now that his client is prepared to move.

Klopp said a week back that the media were going down the wrong path with Pato, so its plausible we were looking elsewhere.

Anyone else expect pictures of a drunken Ayre with Mickey Mouse on his shoulders, or hanging out in Diagon Alley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hoki wrote: »
    £24.5m bid tabled for Alex Teixiera confirmed by James Pearce.

Never heard of him , but a quick google says he an attacking midfielder.,not a striker.
    Do we really need another am ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Great article here from Barney Ronay on Pato....

*I promise that the link isn't the Kate Cohen AVB article....honestly

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    I would imagine transfer negotiations are fairly complicated, I doubt we just said **** it lets just buy a player in the last few days. There may have been lengthy negotiations for weeks for all we know. The papers have got hold of the story now when there is something more concrete than "sources close to the player have said" etc........chances are his agent has let the media know so he can get a better deal from us or a different club now that his client is prepared to move.

Klopp said a week back that the media were going down the wrong path with Pato, so its plausible we were looking elsewhere.

I'd be well impressed if we'd managed to keep negotiations under wraps for so long.

Alternatively, it could've been that Chelsea were nailed on and their pulling out is what's triggered this apparent scramble.

Both I suppose.

There are lots of this process that we don't see or understand I'm sure. There may have been a process to identify and try and sign players that took a while (yes I agree it could have happened earlier too). Perhaps we wanted to sign someone else but they wouldn't have welcomed the approach. Perhaps we were interested in others but decided against it. Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would imagine this transfer if it happens would impact Lallana's position at the club the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

cjmc wrote: »
    Never heard of him , but a quick google says he an attacking midfielder.,not a striker.

What about the idea of him being a better AM than we already have?

He scores goals which is what we need.

I would imagine this transfer if it happens would impact Lallana's position at the club the most.

Why one is a striker and the other is a headless AM?

Both I suppose.

Maybe Gerrard only got credit to send him a text yesterday?

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Why one is a striker and the other is a headless AM?

Alex Teixeira is a left or right sided or central attacking midfielder not a striker.

Alex Teixeira is a left or right sided or central attacking midfielder not a striker.

Apologies I stand corrected with those stats I was sure he was a striker. Seen a bit of him play in CL never knew he was an AM.

Klopp must be going with the false 9 so, worked well against Arsenal just lacked a bit of cutting edge against united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

In the way Firmino is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Strange that he is not in the Brazil team, nearly a goal every 2 games for shaktar

Obligatory hype him up to the best in the world Youtube video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Don't know enough about Texeria to say too much.

Other than I really hope we're not spending another £30m odd for an attacking midfielder flopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

When asked about Pato, Klopp said "that's the wrong path" (or words to that effect) was he alluding to the fact that we are signing a Brazilian just not Pato?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

cjmc wrote: »

He has a great goalscoring record. I'd have him ahead of Ibe or Lallana on that basis alone, and I've never even seen him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The talk now (Russian journo) is that Teixeira injured his hamstring immediately before Liverpool made a bid. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hedoes seem to be prolific this year.
    22 gosls in 17 apps according to wiki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Teixera's done his hamstring. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ****it, would actually be kind of tempted by an Adebayor loan until summer. Make him think its with an option to buy so he actually tries, then go buy someone decent.

I trust you were after having a few drinks before posting that :)

Harry Redknapp only recently recited an incident with mr billy big-boll1x himself, when Redknapp told him to do something, the great man's response was along the lines of "No I don't think I need to do that, I earn more than you.."

Similar to Mario in outlook, football is not a priority in his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

garra wrote: »
    I trust you were after having a few drinks before posting that :)

Harry Redknapp only recently recited an incident with mr billy big-boll1x himself, when Redknapp told him to do something, the great man's response was along the lines of "No I don't think I need to do that, I earn more than you.."

Similar to Mario in outlook, football is not a priority in his life.

Seems a bit of a Mario alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

monkey9 wrote: »
    Teixera's done his hamstring. :pac:

Of course he has.

We need to invert the injury-news delivery profile, as in.. it's only news if a player is NOT injured for a whole month.

We've signed players with worse injuries than that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement