Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

NukaCola wrote: »
    Thought he was still under contract until June? Read that Spurs were still paying him 100k a week.
    Probably still paying him but released according to this.
    Presentably in the hope he'd sign elsewhere and they could stop paying him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Texeira does his hamstring hours after we make a bid. He's only had 1 injury in the last 8 years it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking for a bit of assistance, my uncle bought tickets off of www.ticketbis.com for the Stoke game on Tuesday, no sign of the tickets nor can he get in contact with them, it looks to me like a scam, has anyone else used them?

Also does anyone know of any sites, reliable sites that would have tickets for the match, any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Vicxas wrote: »
    Texeira does his hamstring hours after we make a bid. He's only had 1 injury in the last 8 years it seems.

Apparently it's not too serious. Sounds more like a strain so he was rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Quick, someone put in a bid for Nathan Redmond :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Boards hamstrings must still be tight after it injury it's moving so slowly at the moment.

Hopefully it doesn't do a Sturridge and break down every 4.6

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Every 4.6 what? I'm dying to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Xenji wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of assistance, my uncle bought tickets off of www.ticketbis.com for the Stoke game on Tuesday, no sign of the tickets nor can he get in contact with them, it looks to me like a scam, has anyone else used them?

Also does anyone know of any sites, reliable sites that would have tickets for the match, any help would be much appreciated.

More than likely he's been scammed. He'll be very lucky to see the money or the tickets.

You can still get hospitality tickets here: http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/

Theres plenty of legit authorised resellers out there. I've used Champions Travel in the past too: http://www.champions-travel.com/products/1545-liverpool-vs-stoke-city.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5starpool wrote: »
    Every 4.6 what? I'm dying to find out.

Rotations of the moon, clearly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Obligatory hype him up to the best in the world Youtube video

Grand goals but that is some of the worst defending I've seen on a professional level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

delaney001 wrote: »
    Grand goals but that is some of the worst defending I've seen on a professional level.

Fit in well in training if nothing else then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

She could crush a cinder block between the them thighs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Inaki Williams who we were linked with earlier in the week signed a new contract with a €50m buyout clause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Inaki Williams who we were linked with earlier in the week signed a new contract with a €50m buyout clause.

We get linked to every half-decent young player in Europe with his deal up for negotiation it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My word. Are we really in for Teixeira? He's a cracking player. Too good for us id have thought.can definitely get behind that. Also happy we're not actually signing Pato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

His buyout clause is neither relevant to clubs outside Spain, nor does it mean those inside Spain have to spend that amount to sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

8-10 wrote: »
    My word. Are we really in for Teixeira? He's a cracking player. Too good for us id have thought.can definitely get behind that. Also happy we're not actually signing Pato.

Can you tell us more about him, in terms of strengths?

Where do you think he would line up if we were to sign him? Would he be the main man up top as a number 9 or would he be a replacement for the likes of Lallana in one of the wide roles?

Assume he's not a 10 as we are well stocked here.

Do you think he has the potential to be a Torres or Suarez and really become one of Europe's top players at Liverpool?

8-10 wrote: »

Considering all the reliable tweeted the same info about the same time today I would imagine we will most certainly be in for him, I assume it's a signing klopp wants so hopefully the club don't dissapoint him on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,956 ✭✭✭✭banie01

He's gonna fit right in! Welcome to Anfield is written in his future!

https://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan/status/690142015007367172

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The moon doesn't rotate. Just like Sturridge doesn't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dickerty wrote: »
    In the way Firmino is?

I'd say it might be more aimed at Lallana or possibly Milner. Both have had decent runs in the team but not shown a lot beyond running and pressing a lot. Ings can do that if needed, Firmino too but with assists, goals and creating chances as well, Coutinho as well.

I'd say Klopp has copped about Lallana by now, players who run and press a lot will be the minimum expected in a Klopp team in a years time. Henderson, Can, Moreno, Ings, Firmino, Coutinho and some others. We need players who can do something with the ball when they win it back and Lallana in particular is lacking there.

On Teixeira, with Chelsea seemingly not interested that gives us a right chance, they'll probably have no CL either. I expect we'll still be pulling our hair out on deadline day wondering who fecked it up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

..waves to everyone still not able to log in :p

Regarding last nights game (FA Cup replay), great to see the side full of youth products playing a better style of game than the seniors manage - lots of confidence throughout that side except of course for the £32.5m striker who must be thankful he did at least get a direct assist and was influential for the first goal as well. I doubt he'd have slept well otherwise. Flanno was really sharp for someone out so long, Ojo's goal was very slick, Brad Smith really looks like he should be the alternative on the left for the medium term. The midfield had such control (take a bow Welsh Pirlo) even Boggers would have looked good last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I see Teixieira and Litvinenko are trending on Twitter.

Does this mean Ayre is trying to sign both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

delaney001 wrote: »

All well and good, but would he do it on a cold muddy Friday in Exeter :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

All well and good, but would he do it on a cold muddy Friday in Exeter :eek:

Or a rainy Tuesday in Stoke... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Fieldog wrote: »
    Or a rainy Tuesday in Stoke... :/

boll1x to that, rainy Tuesdays in Stoke are a doddle these days, Sunday afternoons in Watford or muddy Fridays in Exeter are the places for the wolley glove wearing softies ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

murpho999 wrote: »
    I see Teixieira and Litvinenko are trending on Twitter.

Does this mean Ayre is trying to sign both?

We'd have our own Radioactive Man :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Probably just tore his hamstring so everyone is putting 2 and 2 together.

Play all the Portuguese speakers! :D

Ilori
    Lucas
    --Allan---Coutinho
    Teixeira
    Firmino----Teixeira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Ilori
    Lucas
    --Allan---Coutinho
    Teixeira
    Firmino----Teixeira

What about the scouse Cafu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ilori
    Lucas
    --Allan---Coutinho
    Teixeira
    Firmino----Teixeira
    Just need to recall Doni, and maybe Aurelio while we're at it :pac:

We should pay £35,000,001 for Teixeira just to make him our new record signing and stop it being Andy Carroll. Even if they will accept less, we should pay that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dom king is saying shaktar want 30 million pounds and liverpool would be willing to match it. Is he a spoofer ?

Likely to be work permit issues for him surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ricero wrote: »
    Dom king is saying shaktar want 30 million pounds and liverpool would be willing to match it. Is he a spoofer ?

If true, they should get the deal wrapped up at that price.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/21/liverpool-alex-teixeira-deal-shakhtar-donetsk
    Liverpool will hold further talks with Shakhtar Donetsk over the signing of Alex Teixeira after submitting an initial €32m (£24.6m) bid for the Brazilian forward.

A Liverpool delegation led by the chief executive, Ian Ayre, met their Ukrainian counterparts this week in Orlando, where Shakhtar are competing in the Florida Cup, having identified the 26-year-old as the player to rejuvenate Jürgen Klopp’s struggling attack. Ayre and company returned to Britain on Thursday without a deal but Shakhtar are willing to continue negotiations during this transfer window.

The clubs are far apart in their valuation of Teixeira with the Shakhtar owner, Rinat Akhmetov, seeking €50m for a forward who has scored 22 goals in 15 league games this season plus three in six Champions League matches. Liverpool have scored only 25 goals in 22 Premier League games.

An added complication is Shakhtar’s reluctance to sell in January but the player is keen on a move to the Premier League and Liverpool will again test his employer’s resolve over the coming days.

• Advertisement

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/21/liverpool-alex-teixeira-deal-shakhtar-donetsk
    Liverpool will hold further talks with Shakhtar Donetsk over the signing of Alex Teixeira after submitting an initial €32m (£24.6m) bid for the Brazilian forward.

A Liverpool delegation led by the chief executive, Ian Ayre, met their Ukrainian counterparts this week in Orlando, where Shakhtar are competing in the Florida Cup, having identified the 26-year-old as the player to rejuvenate Jürgen Klopp’s struggling attack. Ayre and company returned to Britain on Thursday without a deal but Shakhtar are willing to continue negotiations during this transfer window.

The clubs are far apart in their valuation of Teixeira with the Shakhtar owner, Rinat Akhmetov, seeking €50m for a forward who has scored 22 goals in 15 league games this season plus three in six Champions League matches. Liverpool have scored only 25 goals in 22 Premier League games.

An added complication is Shakhtar’s reluctance to sell in January but the player is keen on a move to the Premier League and Liverpool will again test his employer’s resolve over the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Don't worry lads, Teixeira is just a cover to stop other clubs from going for Shane Long!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Don't worry lads, Teixeira is just a cover to stop other clubs from going for Shane Long!! :pac:

Buy Long and send Teixeira out on loan to Southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This will drag out and someone else will sign him. If they are looking for £39m, £24m is never going to be enough. Hasn't ayre learned they are dealing with billionaires who have no need to sell.

rob316 wrote: »
    This will drag out and someone else will sign him. If they are looking for £39m, £24m is never going to be enough. Hasn't ayre learned they are dealing with billionaires who have no need to sell.

Willian,mkhataryan and Douglas Costa have shown these players are usually well worth the money they go for too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

It does rotate around the earth though, just not on it's own axis.

So what he said was true - from a certain point of view. #obiwanisms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Dickerty wrote: »
    It does rotate around the earth though, just not on it's own axis.

So what he said was true - from a certain point of view. #obiwanisms

The moon does rotate on its own axis, it has a synchronous rotation to the earth, it takes 27 days for it to rotate on its axis, so as the original poster says 4.6 moon rotations = 124 days per injury......checks out IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Just spend the bloody money. Hasn't the messing with Willian, Mkhitaryan, Konoplyanka, etc taught us anything.. We'll recoup it in the summer when we offload the players Klopp doesn't rate.

We should be adding 1 new first team player in each window. This is the only way we'll close the skill gap to the Top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great goal from Markovic the other night, won the game for Fener in the 90th minute, hope we get him back in the summer. Id rather a manager who doesnt play him at wingback got the chance to run the rule over him first before deciding he has no future at LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wonder who he'll end up going to. London is so attractive.

If you like rats.

And rat people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Only joking. London is great and I love when I simple have to go there and can't get out of it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement