Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rob316 wrote: »
    My mystic ball says Sturridge is going to come back next month and fire us to the premier league title, nothing to worry about lads.

Then your mystic ball is as ****ed as Sturridge is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree with resting anyone tomorrow but being enthusiastic and capable won't prevent them from picking up knocks.

And it's pure hyperbole to say that about the selection for the Madrid game. The team had been playing sh*te in the weeks before and people were crying out for the likes of Gerrard to be dropped. The shameful thing was that he restored the dropped players back to the first team the next game.

It's not hyperbole as Gerrard was not dropped for the Madrid game, he was rested for the Chelsea game along with a few others. There is a difference.

It was a shameful selection by Rodgers to prioritise a league game against one of the world's biggest clubs in the Champion's League that we had tried for 5 years to get back into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

K-9 wrote: »
    It most definitely has, 1 point out of 9 in January killed it, we were 2 points ahead of United in the last table I did at the end of the year.

Arsenal -
    City - 2.5
    Spurs - 6.5
    United - 7
    Liverpool - 13.5
    Southampton - 15.5
    Chelsea - 20.5

Spurs didn't do great either, lost 3 points which is basically the Leicester loss. Leicester still on 0 as well, the same result keeping them joint top.

About 70 points will get 4th based on this. For Leicester I think holding their own against the othe rest of the top 5 will be huge as the Spurs result showed. Get 3 or 4 points there and hold their own against the rest and they've a right chance.

I dont understand K9, I thought you were so biased that you have Liverpool leading the league in every table?

K-9 wrote: »
    It most definitely has, 1 point out of 9 in January killed it, we were 2 points ahead of United in the last table I did at the end of the year.

Arsenal -
    City - 2.5
    Spurs - 6.5
    United - 7
    Liverpool - 13.5
    Southampton - 15.5
    Chelsea - 20.5

Spurs didn't do great either, lost 3 points which is basically the Leicester loss. Leicester still on 0 as well, the same result keeping them joint top.

About 70 points will get 4th based on this. For Leicester I think holding their own against the othe rest of the top 5 will be huge as the Spurs result showed. Get 3 or 4 points there and hold their own against the rest and they've a right chance.

I dont understand K9, I thought you were so biased that you have Liverpool leading the league in every table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's not hyperbole as Gerrard was not dropped for the Madrid game, he was rested for the Chelsea game along with few others. There is a difference.

It was a shameful selection by Rodgers to prioritise a league game against one of the world's biggest clubs in the Champion's League that we had tried for 5 years to get back into.

It's pure hyperbole and sensationalism to say it insulted the clubs reputation when it did no such thing. Similarly there was no form to disrupt going into the game. The players were rested, iirc 'The Rodgers' tried to spin it as them being dropped, the shameful thing was that he didn't follow through on it.

Again it's not his selection for the game that's shameful, you might think it is but that doesn't make it so. While freak results occasionally happen (Bayern losing to Arsenal) and there was a small chance at getting something from the game, a loss was always the most likely result even with the 'first' team playing, and it wasn't shameful to prioritise a league game over it.

If they had won by an embarrassing score line you might have had a case. If it had been a knockout game you definitely would have had a case. But a group game where it was pretty much a given that we were going to lose I think he was within his rights to play a weakened team.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I started the match thread to stop Harry from doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's pure hyperbole and sensationalism to say it insulted the clubs reputation when it did no such thing. Similarly there was no form to disrupt going into the game. The players were rested, iirc 'The Rodgers' tried to spin it as them being dropped, the shameful thing was that he didn't follow through on it.

Again it's not his selection for the game that's shameful, you might think it is but that doesn't make it so. While freak results occasionally happen (Bayern losing to Arsenal) and there was a small chance at getting something from the game, a loss was always the most likely result even with the 'first' team playing, and it wasn't shameful to prioritise a league game over it.

If they had won by an embarrassing score line you might have had a case. If it had been a knockout game you definitely would have had a case. But a group game where it was pretty much a given that we were going to lose I think he was within his rights to play a weakened team.

I totally disagree with your viewpoint. He didn't play Henderson, Sterling, Balotelli, Gerrard and Coutinho in the biggest European tie Liverpool had had in years whilst fighting to qualify for the next stage.
    Yes, they had a bad result against Newcastle, but had won 2 and drawn 2 of the previous four games, so there was a little form there.
    If he had played a strong team against Madrid, and got a result what would that have done for their confidence going out against Chelsea? Ultimately Rodgers decision failed as he lost both games.

It did damage Liverpool's reputation in my opinion as a team that had accepted its position as also rans in Europe. If you don't get that then you don''t appreciate Liverpool's performance and success in the previous 40+ years of European games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

this needs updating with Benteke and Klopp
    image001.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

5starpool wrote: »
    I started the match thread to stop Harry from doing it.

sad-dog.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You can put on your optimistic hats lads, I'm missing this due to work. Other games I've missed include Chelsea, City, Southampton (league cup), Leicester, Sunderland and Stoke. Basically a lot of our wins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Glico Man wrote: »
    You can put on your optimistic hats lads, I'm missing this due to work. Other games I've missed include Chelsea, City, Southampton (league cup), Leicester, Sunderland and Stoke. Basically a lot of our wins...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq5L50aNAo2ds3-9k2c31ycDi9RPNTd0tnL9YKeDX-XhxInwwl

Those three points are needed for the march towards the top four trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

BMJD wrote: »
    this needs updating with Benteke and Klopp
    image001.gif

Benteke's actually in that gif. He's standing in the porch, out of shot, unmoving, demanding better service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

not yet wrote: »
    Unlike Sturridge who's been fcuked for 3 weeks months years or as I like to call it..forfcukingever.

You know, we've had quite a few users name themselves after players on here before but come to think of it I really like how you have named yourself after Sturridge, but in a very clever way. Kudos! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

klose wrote: »
    Dem double posts

Fcuking love them, easy thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Christ i hope we win today

CZZaZFhWkAAwVpC.jpg:large

People are starting to go mental. Bloody hell.

:D:D:D

We have a case against God surely if it can be proven that he was tapping up, no? .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Vicxas wrote: »
    Christ i hope we win today

Ask him as well to have a word in Sturridge's ear

Seems legit......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's enough of the internet for one day, that is the stupidest thing I have ever read. The guy hangs out with hip hop artists, real good Christians they are, I wonder what god would think about this.

I'd believe Messi signing for Liverpool before that makey up stuff above, that's a new low for ITK's.

• Advertisement

Although Hamann said this about Sturridge recently which was strange at the time......not that I believe it or anything......
    “The club has got a responsibility to tell the paying public what is wrong with him. If he has got a hamstring injury, an ankle injury, or whatever he may have, the people who pay for a season ticket have got a right to know what is wrong with him,"

“Judging by the way Jurgen Klopp answered his questions [ahead of the Manchester United game], I don't think there is too much wrong with the player. If there is nothing wrong with him, it is more important to be honest and truthful with the paying public than to protect a player who has hardly played in the last 18 months, who seems to choose when he wants to play.

If we sued Sturridge, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

So we need someone to do a number on god?

Only one man for the job...

biDFHU0.gif?noredirect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

mosstin wrote: »

How do I nominate this for post of the day?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,956 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Read this in a room full of @250 people at a martial arts grading!
    Laughed so loud people thought I was injured and crying!
    Brilliant!

That's fantastic but I bet I know someone that won't like it.

I'll get in before he does...

frabz-LEAVE-DANIEL-ALONE-17d105.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sturridge isn't injury prone he is fitness prone I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I dunno why Fowler had to go and get involved.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I dunno why Fowler had to go and get involved.

:D I was waiting for that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Liverpool should concentrate on signing strikers under 6' in height.

When you look at their bigger signings in price as well as height you get Emile Heskey, Andy Carroll and Christian Benteke. Now it's early in Benteke's Liverpool career but to this point he hasn't really worked out. With the exception of Fernando Torres, the exception to the rule, I am struggling to think of a striker over the 6' mark that has worked out for the' pool in last thirty five years or so.

Ian Rush, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Luis Suarez and Kenny Dalglish would be all the best ones I can think of in that timespan and all of them were under the 6' mark.

Sturridge is also over that 6' mark but the guy can't stay fit and hasn't really proven himself since Suarez left.

I'm sure Klopp will figure this out quickly and get Liverpool their little star striker of the future in the next two transfer windows!

How do I nominate this for post of the day?! :D

Thanks it needs lots of Thanks.

Edit:oops, too slow with the obligatory Fowler=God gag.
    Sturridge is the new RVP. We might get a full season out of him at some stage but doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

mormank wrote: »
    Edit:oops, too slow with the obligatory Fowler=God gag.
    Sturridge is the new RVP. We might get a full season out of him at some stage but doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Or 13/14 was it.

Call absolute horsecrap on that Facebook post. Pure bait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Knock knock?

Who's there?

Orange

Orange who?

Orange you glad I made another Sturridge joke?

Tune in for tomorrows installment of 'Sturridge jokes for boards folks' sponsored by Thankswhoring and Chorley FM 'where the listener comes first'.

Knock knock?

Who's there?

Orange

Orange who?

Tune in for tomorrows installment of 'Sturridge jokes for boards folks' sponsored by Thankswhoring and Chorley FM 'where the listener comes first'.

592bc8f95561fdb230d31bb6ebee145906652d942085f5aae31161f76a3bc51f.jpg

Kerri, stick to the 'I bet I know who wouldn't like' bitchy type of posts, you've found your niche.

You love that Leave Daniel alone pic even though you were whinging when I used it ages ago!

Sturridge joke of the day....he's started 13 of the last 90 games.

Kerri, stick to the 'I bet I know who wouldn't like' bitchy type of posts, you've found your niche.

You love that Leave Daniel alone pic even though you were whinging when I used it ages ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

BT Sport just said Sturridge has only starteted 13 of the last 90 games.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knock knock?

Who's there?

Orange

Orange who?

Knock knock?

Who's there?

Orange

Orange who?

What's this alternative table stuff? Why are you insisting Liverpool will win the league with it? I don't understand!

Oh THAT Orange, or Oranange, or whatever. Closes door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Sakho responsible for that Norwich goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Remember the time we butchered Chelsea and Man City away? Good times.

Anyone know when they're releasing the DVD of both games?

Henderson looks like that nervous lad that first arrived at Liverpool.

He looks like he never played football before.

Where is the leadership and experience Milner was supposed to bring to the team he seems to be hiding.

Or 13/14 was it.

Now that is a depressing thought for all involved. I mean if it really happened that he never had a decent season for us again. Even RVP got it together for a couple of seasons.

Hook lucas, can and milner we might have some hope. Milner I don't want to see in a liverpool shirt again.

Bring on Texeira, least he can play.

I said for the last year Rodgers built a midtalbe squad and turned us into a midtable team and that's exactly wherew we are now.

It's going to take a huge clear out and a lot of work for Klopp to rebuild this club,

I said for the last year Rodgers built a midtalbe squad and turned us into a midtable team and that's exactly wherew we are now.

It's going to take a huge clear out and a lot of work for Klopp to rebuild this club,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement