Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Henderson, Can, Milner and Ibe have been absolute rubbish.
    Easy to blame defenders, but when a player runs from outside the box its the midfielders job to stop him, the defenders are already doing a job marking players in the box. The same could be said for our lack of goals, we criticize our lack of strikers but the midfield do very little unless they have time and space on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Henderson, Can, Milner and Ibe have been absolute rubbish.
    Easy to blame defenders, but when a player runs from outside the box its the midfielders job to stop him, the defenders are already doing a job marking players in the box. The same could be said for our lack of goals, we criticize our lack of strikers but the midfield do very little unless they have time and space on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Milner is just a body to play.......he could be replaced/bypassed by playing a pass 10 yards further........offers nothing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Henderson looks like that nervous lad that first arrived at Liverpool.

He looks like he never played football before.

Where is the leadership and experience Milner was supposed to bring to the team he seems to be hiding.

Spot on Re: Milner. He doesnt even seen to have the experience i.e. knowing when to do what. He often plays the wrong ball (loses possession) or gets caught out of position. He's been very dissapointing. I've said it a number of times, if he plays, he should be LWF, glued to the touchline. Why is Ibe on the left?

****s sake. Bring Teixera on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Benteke on would actually be a good idea today :( But only if he works hard :(

Get Allen on and Milner off

Benteke on would actually be a good idea today :( But only if he works hard :(

Get Allen on and Milner off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NukaCola wrote: »
    Milner is just a body to play.......he could be replaced/bypassed by playing a pass 10 yards further........offers nothing.....

His signing looks like a mistake now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Can and Lucas were awful for that second goal, but how Mignolet gets beaten at that angle is hard to forgive, good strike but has to be better.........cant take 5 more mins of his ****e let alone 5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I can't believe how poor Milner has been for Liverpool. I was delighted with the signing.

Sometimes you sign a Torres or Suarez and that hype is generated around them. You hope for the best but you never know, they could flop.

Milner on the other hand was a transfer you looked at and thought, he's a solid signing, he'll be consistently solid to great in the matches he plays. But he's been so average for us, I can't recall any game in particular where I thought he was very good.

I've watched City enough too over the years to know Milner is a good player, I always said he was underrated which is why it makes this that little bit harder to take. Just don't understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭opti76

we're like that 5 euro brasser i got in prague.... toothless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Vicxas wrote: »
    His signing looks like a mistake now.

He was excellent against Arsenal and perfectly fine against Utd.

I'm not sure a free transfer of a player with that much experience and quality can ever be a mistake.

Making him vice-captain, on the other hand, and giving him assurances?
    We didn't need him enough to prostrate ourselves with the contract we offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Someone needs to let the transfer committee know that a couple of players over 6 foot would be useful.

Absolute farce of a game.

Smith as #1 LB next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Move Moreno up to be the left winger and bring Smith in as LB.

• Advertisement

Some day your kids are going to ask you where you were the day it happened - the most remarkably stupid piece of defending the world has ever seen.

That's brightened up my day to no end.

Klopp is going to have to make a strategic decision regarding the rest of the season.

He must see the league is now dead for all intents and purposes and turn his full attention to the Cups, give Beale the chance to do some management in the Prem while he works with a "Cup" squad for the rest of this season.

Move Moreno up to be the left winger and bring Smith in as LB.

While I agree it would be interesting and possibly a good idea, that would leave no cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Moreno you donkey. Sell him. Absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What a goal.

• Advertisement

Firmino really has settled in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

We're gonna need a chant for Bobby Firmino soon

YES to ****!

If we can get Teixeira and get him blooded into the PL game over the next few months it would be great to have him and Firmino ready to go next season with the experience of this season behind them that would be great I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Moreno could be a great attacking player if only he had a decent shot in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Who was saying what about Milner?

:)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Who was saying what about Milner?

:)

Finishing a gifted 1v1 doesn't change the fact that his Liverpool career has largely been a disappointment so far.

Moreno could be a great attacking player if only he had a decent shot in him.

He has a good shot. I think there really is something in converting him to LWF but we need more cover. Smith is very promising though.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    He has a good shot. I think there really is something in converting him to LWF but we need more cover. Smith is very promising though.

Flanagan is on his way back as cover for both fullback positions at least till the end of the season.

There's more to LB than delivering a nice cross.

He's yet to be properly tested.
    Thus far he's been free to saunter up the pitch and deliver the ball at his leisure.

• Advertisement

Flanagan is on his way back as cover for both fullback positions at least till the end of the season.

Yeah, I would focus Flanno on putting pressure on Clyne in RB myself though.

Gbear wrote: »
    There's more to LB than delivering a nice cross.

He's yet to be properly tested.
    Thus far he's been free to saunter up the pitch and deliver the ball at his leisure.

He needs his chance.

I'm starting to think Benkete thinks he is a number 10 they way he keeps dropping so deep.

Maybe it's down to the lack of strikers around him at training and he wants to join the number 10 gang.

I'm starting to think Benkete thinks he is a number 10 they way he keeps dropping so deep.

Maybe it's down to the lack of strikers around him at training and he wants to join the number 10 gang.

Can't say I'm surprised

Cannot wait for the summer cull. This is a joke.

He needs his chance.

Yup. I wouldn't say I'd be hugely optimistic at his chances though.

OMG

My heart can't take this ****

• Advertisement

We have been in at least 4 games of the season so far since Klopp became manager.

Klopp broke his glasses haha

Klopp was spitting flames right before that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Imagine if we could defend.

You could see angry Klopp ready to explode just before they got the 5th lol

Then in a millisecond he became happy Klopp.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Ardent

Terrible advertisement for the Premiere League. Abysmal defending from two poor sides.

• Advertisement

I love Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp broke his glasses haha

He must have a sponsorship deal with someone!

I cannot believe that game, except I can because its a total summary of the season really - absolute dog-**** defending, lack of control in any department of the game, inspired moments, good substitutions.

Firmino is now showing the form kind of form that I really expected he would once he'd got acclimatised to the hurly burly of the Premier League.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

OK. 4-5. Really. What was that?????

The 90 odd mins clearly show our deficiencies but, 3-1 down away from home ......4-3 up going into injury time....4-4....... And winning 5-4

Football ....like it. ????? LOVE IT !!!!!!

Grayditch wrote: »
    Imagine if we could defend.

Imagine if we could attack against teams that weren't either very good or Norwich.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

OK. 4-5. Really. What was that?????

The 90 odd mins clearly show our deficiencies but, 3-1 down away from home ......4-3 up going into injury time....4-4....... And winning 5-4

Football ....like it. ????? LOVE IT !!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement