Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

FFS, if we'd stop throwing so many jerseys into the crowd we might be able to afford to up our Texeira bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Ardent wrote: »
    Terrible advertisement for the Premiere League. Abysmal defending from two poor sides.

Yeah you're right, neutrals would much rather watch a great defensive 0-0 game.

**** sake, some people.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

didn't see the game, how was Mig today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wow...

I think I've burst my stitches... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Klopp broke his glasses haha

I'm looking forward to the gif.

Brilliant morale boost for Kloppo and the boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Just going to enjoy that......plenty of negatives etc but **** it, 3 points away from home in a 9 goal thriller after being 3-1 down and a last minute winner......theres only so much moaning you can do after that........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

haha benteke punching klopp's glasses off...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Good to see Milner upped his game but I still stand by what I said.

Also refreshing to see Lallana come on and actually get the team going. It'd be great if both of those players could take this into the next match and we'd actually be a decent threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I love Jurgen Klopp.

My little fella is running up and down the sitting room copying his celebration for the winner. He doesn't even like football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We should all enjoy it for now.

It was a defensive shambles but that's for later on today to worry about.

Still in shock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Heart attack football has returned haha love it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the gif.

Brilliant morale boost for Kloppo and the boys

Was actually Benteke.

Obvs pissed off at not starting the match :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't believe how embarrassing that is. It's Norwich, we shouldn't be celebrating the fact that we conceded 4 goals to them. And now we're talking about winning the league too! Really are the worst fans in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Mental game. Lots of negatives etc but fcuk it. We won.
    Lots of egg on faces in the United thread lol.

Mental game. Lots of negatives etc but fcuk it. We won.
    Lots of egg on faces in the United thread lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Cracking game.

Defending a joke for both sides.

Great to win but the celebrations after winning games like this are way way too excessive from the players and manager. We just barely beat a putrid Norwich team who can't defend to save their lives. The celebrations from the players and management were as if we'd just won the league. Yes, I'm sure it's a relief to get the win but jumping around the place and hugging each other is a bit excessive after beating just Norwich.

Same with the post match antics after we drew 2-2 with West Brom at Anfield.

Standards and expectations are dropping.

Firmino looks like being potentially a proper striker, in off the ankle for the first, brilliantly taken 2nd in the box :) with coutinho to come back in I think firmino has to be played up front.

Lallana with a goal & assist.

Milner & lallana are much maligned on here but when they don't play they are missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Can't believe how embarrassing that is. It's Norwich, we shouldn't be celebrating the fact that we conceded 4 goals to them. And now we're talking about winning the league too! Really are the worst fans in the world.

Worst post of the day and that takes some doing.
    You celebrate your wins... as ****e as we were we won the game.

What's with passion being so taboo in modern football? Celebrating too much? ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ah jasus

T-K-O wrote: »
    Worst post of the day and that takes some doing.
    You celebrate your wins... as ****e as we were we won the game.

Thought I put enough sarcasm in that for it to be obvious :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

u ok hun?

But seriously, relax. We just won a game when it looked like we'd thrown it away after coming back. 3pts is 3pts. On to the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Thought I put enough sarcasm in that for it to be obvious :p

Evidently not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Have migraine. Missed up until it went 3-3. Was seeting when Bassong scored then gave the couch a kick in celebration when Lallana scored. I dunno why? :confused:

Need to do something relaxing to calm down after that, maybe a bungie jump.

• Advertisement

I'm not good at jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm not good at jokes.

You need to put a smiley in there somewhere :eek::P:D:p:cool:

Dejavoo feeling. Like back in 13/14 season when we scored lots etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Games with lots of goals aren't good advertisements for the league - games with lots of goals that involve skill and talent are.

That was a masterclass in defensive ineptitude and, on our part, utter disinterest for 80% of the game.

I only hope that the nature of the win gives them a little bit more joy and they can actually be arsed the next time they step onto the pitch in a league game, because they really didn't look like they were for most of today's game.

It was only the impending shame of defeat to a side as atrocious as Norwich that gave them the massive kick up the arse they needed.
    As it turns out, it was pretty straightforward when they started trying.

There's no substitute for belief and desire and if none of this team believes we can score, then we'll struggle to show that in a lot of games, not least because of how labour-intensive our style of play is under Klopp.

But while I think it's really hard to buy into bursting your arse every week for no reward, I think it would be pretty quickly rectified and the mood around the squad would improve drastically if we just had enough lads to put the ball away.

We could've played just as poorly today and still absolutely caned Norwich if we'd had a couple of lads like Origi and Ings available from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Just a few seconds before.... pic.twitter.com/QnVHKs8LJ9
    — Liverpool Gifs (@LiverpoolGifs) January 23, 2016 ">
    Just a few seconds before.... pic.twitter.com/QnVHKs8LJ9
    — Liverpool Gifs (@LiverpoolGifs) January 23, 2016

Don't mind his celebration, I loved this reaction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If you can't get excited when you win with a goal in the 94th minute, then maybe football ain't the sport for you.

Edit......what Super-Rush said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Great honesty from Klopp there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

CZac54xWYAAJDPF.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Ardent

Sakho didn't do his career prospects any favours with another brainless performance today. Expect a major shake up in defence come the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Toby's spot on as usual, game on! ;)

Feck the time added on, feck the glasses, feck Benny and his jets, feck the rain.. we need drama and we got it, that's entertainment!

Seriously though on calm reflection we will have to consider how this team allowed a poor Norwich side to stick 4 past us, at least 2 of them came from allowing a speculative ball to land at the feet of opposition players when surrounded by our lads.. I would generally be a Sakho supporter but one of his main assets would be ability to dominate aerially and both of those balls should have been loafed clear.

Gbear wrote: »
    Games with lots of goals aren't good advertisements for the league - games with lots of goals that involve skill and talent are.

Sure we all know the league is gone to ****e.....sure Leicester and Arsenal are the 2 best teams in the country at the moment! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

klopp-gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Glico Man wrote: »
    You can put on your optimistic hats lads, I'm missing this due to work. Other games I've missed include Chelsea, City, Southampton (league cup), Leicester, Sunderland and Stoke. Basically a lot of our wins...

What did I tell you lads, piece of cake...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I presume we are first on MOTD :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Ardent wrote: »
    Sakho didn't do his career prospects any favours with another brainless performance today. Expect a major shake up in defence come the summer.

According to the part time football analysts in this forum Sahko is a great defender and doesn't need replacing !

Meanwhile in the real world......threw the legs like.

In 6 games as false 9 for Liverpool, Roberto Firmino managed 5 goals and 4 assists.

JK: "I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!"

In 6 games as false 9 for Liverpool, Roberto Firmino managed 5 goals and 4 assists.

Wouldn't even call him a false 9, he's a striker, that's his best position.

Wouldn't even call him a false 9, he's a striker, that's his best position.

I'd call him a striker too.
    Just a quote from twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

"Worldwide sarcasm"

I love his honesty and his interviews as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Teixeira arrives this is what I want to see for the later part of the season

Hendo
    Couts
    Teix
    ----Sturridge---Bobby

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I presume we are first on MOTD :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Just like Owaynn wanted.

Really happy with Firmino, looks to be settling in well, was worried for a while........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Vicxas wrote: »
    Klopp was spitting flames right before that goal.

Spitting flames then splitting frames

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement