Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm all relaxed now.

I just watched two minutes of setanta 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If Teixeira arrives this is what I want to see for the later part of the season

Hendo
    Couts
    Teix
    ----BodyBag---Bobby

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Really happy with Firmino, looks to be settling in well, was worried for a while........

Was looking a bit Depay-esque for a while but showed glimpses of what he could do. Good to see him showing more consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

JK: "I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!"

I know the feeling jurgen. Love that man and his honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Was looking a bit Depay-esque for a while but showed glimpses of what he could do. Good to see him showing more consistency.

I wouldn't be that harsh on him now.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Sakho gets a lot of stupid criticism but today was a poor one from him. Hasn't looked quite right since returning from injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

As much as he frustrates other ball (today being an exception) Lallana seems to be key to our pressing. Once he got on the pitch the tempo flew up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I still haven't caught my breath, gunna wait till later to post my thoughts about the game.

rob316 wrote: »
    I still haven't caught my breath

United game should be on, always good to bring the heart rate down to a snooze level.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It looks like exciting football is back, with a bang:)

A few positives. Our goal scoring problem looks like it has been put on the road to being fixed. Our determination really took off after going 3-1 down. I loved Toure getting the ball out of the net and sprinting (for Toure, it was a sprint) up for the kickoff.

I love Toure, I hope he stays for another season.

On to the League cup tie next, hopefully we can start to build a bit of momentum now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Sakho gets a lot of stupid criticism but today was a poor one from him. Hasn't looked quite right since returning from injury.

Nobody back there looked good today tbh but it was a poor one for him for sure. He's still our best cb and far from a pressing need. Mignolet didn't cover himself in glory today yet again... I honestly think he gives the lads the yips.

Still who cares... that was magic. Defensive criticism can wait for another day. Endings like that, the exhilaration are why you watch and love football.

Also Firmino is a flop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The only player in the starting 11 to come out the game today with any credit is Firmino all the other were at various stages total kack.

Ok Kolo wasn't kack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

As much as he frustrates other ball (today being an exception) Lallana seems to be key to our pressing. Once he got on the pitch the tempo flew up.

I think he's better off as an impact sub from now on. Ibe had a poor performance so it's unclear who starts (maybe Phil when he's fit again), but Lallana looks much better when he comes off the bench and the opposition are fatigued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its just as well football isn't important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »

That touch for Henderson's goal. Beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

credit klopp for changing it when it needed it,ibe needs a good chat,very one dimensional,english media love him though.

but we are a bit of a shambles still. long road ahead again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

credit klopp for changing it when it needed it,ibe needs a good chat,very one dimensional,english media love him though.

but we are a bit of a shambles still. long road ahead again.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It looks like exciting football is back, with a bang:)

That's not what I had in mind when I wanted more exciting football I have to say, although I'm delighted that we got 3 points.

mosstin wrote: »
    That touch for Henderson's goal. Beautiful.

They're the kind of things he has been trying all season but just didn't come off early on.

I think we need a new rule from now on. All Liverpool match threads should ask what bets Mick has on the match so that we aren't all sceptical when he posts his unlikely pre match scorecast that just happens to be the case at that point. It's the only way to save his honour I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

5starpool wrote: »
    I think we need a new rule from now on. All Liverpool match threads should ask what bets Mick has on the match so that we aren't all sceptical when he posts his unlikely pre match scorecast that just happens to be the case at that point. It's the only way to save his honour I think.

Him being a United supporter and that

Score 5 goals in a game and still end the day -2 over all in the league lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The only player in the starting 11 to come out the game today with any credit is Firmino all the other were at various stages total kack.

Ok Kolo wasn't kack.

Lallana did well.

Milner and Hendo were okay too.

Defensive circus though.

Glad we didn't buy Charlie Austin now.

I never want the team to lose and I want to win next week but I also want Leicester to win the league knowing we probably won't get top 4 makes me all confused about the result next week.

Glad we didn't buy Charlie Austin now.

Well I for one am delighted we didn't offer Dele Alli a better wage.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

There's a better video where Klopp is motioning Lallana to run to him :pac:

I love our crazy manager

• Advertisement

Kolo being like the 3rd wheel between Klopp and Lallana.

Stoke appeared to have been played off the park by Leicester City today and with Libpools ludicrous last min winner hopefully there'll be enough spirit in the side to see Klopp reach his first final 4 months after joining

Ryan Fulton made his debut today for Portsmouth and made this double save. They still lost 1-0 though.

https://twitter.com/Wriing/status/690929801188737024

Kolo being like the 3rd wheel between Klopp and Lallana.

Typical of our defence though.

Never spotted the late run from midfield...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Ridiculous game today. Showed good spirit to get back into it which is something and Firmino seems to be way better playing up top than in the attacking midfielder role. Could be a valuable asset if we don't get in a striker. Our defence is shocking tho.

Reading on twitter of a season ticket Scouse lad saying he was banned for life for giving away a children's ticket for the Exeter game. Disgraceful if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Ridiculous game today. Showed good spirit to get back into it which is something and Firmino seems to be way better playing up top than in the attacking midfielder role. Could be a valuable asset if we don't get in a striker. Our defence is shocking tho.

Reading on twitter of a season ticket Scouse lad saying he was banned for life for giving away a children's ticket for the Exeter game. Disgraceful if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

West ham bossing City off the park. Next weekend could be a tough one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Our Raheem looks a shadow of his former self.

Looks similar enough to what he was for a year before he left the club.

I think this will get done at the last minute.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/690961800154746883
    Just a question of whether #LFC can agree a fee with Shahktar, who would rather keep hold of the Brazilian until the summer.

Teixeira tells Shaktar he wants to move this window or next summer.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/23/alex-teixeira-leaving-shakhtar-donetsk-liverpool-chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Got locked out of Boards for most of the day...probably karma for my being snidey and bitchy.

Worst best league in the world.

Worst best boards in the world right now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We've a history of these things falling through at the last minute though. Hopefully they'll really try and close it as Klopp's first big signing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Got locked out of Boards for most of the day...probably karma for my being snidey and bitchy.

Thoight it was just me! Was locked out all day yesterday.

Mad game today anyways, missed it in work but was following it on twitter so was not the most productive 2 hours but feck it.! Looking forward to MOTD tonight.

Password problems?

K-9 wrote: »
    We've a history of these things falling through at the last minute though. Hopefully they'll really try and close it as Klopp's first big signing.

It would be a major statement if we could sign him with Chelsea also being in for him even if he ends up being a failure it shows that Klopp can draw names away from London and the top money teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Same here. Only works on touch site for me. Very slow. Looks on the edge of falling over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

flanzer wrote: »

Brilliant. In case anyone is watching with sound off, turn it on and watch again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

flanzer wrote: »

That is top quality :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement