Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

3959476.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1c5kfj2j9gaid10lt6ffqrq1av/title/thats-entertainment!

Anyone old enough to remember this? It was either live or with some weird 30 minute delay or similar on RTE 2 back in the day. It came to mind today, not just because of the score, but because it just didn't feel that great at the time. Still though, 8 goals in 2 is a hell of an improvement over what's gone before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

flanzer wrote:
    I'm done

Stop stealing my thanks !

We need Potential Underachiever in here to sort out this blatant thanks whoring

Turty and Hangballlouie are gonna have my legs broke f I don't reach my monthly quota

:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

sabat wrote: »
    http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1c5kfj2j9gaid10lt6ffqrq1av/title/thats-entertainment!

Anyone old enough to remember this? It was either live or with some weird 30 minute delay or similar on RTE 2 back in the day. It came to mind today, not just because of the score, but because it just didn't feel that great at the time. Still though, 8 goals in 2 is a hell of an improvement over what's gone before.

Yep, I remember watching that on RTE as well and thought about it today as well. It is the earliest of the 5-4 games that I remember Liverpool being involved in, the only other one that comes to mind is the Alaves UEFA Cup Final in 2001 obviously.

Are there any others in the last 30 years or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

flanzer wrote: »

Ah bloody hell, our manager is just brilliant isn't he. His expressions looks more like a real fan than a manager. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Any idea when we are up on MOTD tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's been too long...

https://twitter.com/smithsonian/status/690917670640717824

Either the Panda loved that last minute winner as much as Klopp or that isn't snow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/690983429459017728

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

flanzer wrote: »

That's fantastic (the video) but also Kloops reaction, you cannot force passion like that, its the kind of thing that IMO would inspire players to give it their all when playing for him, it would also make players want to play for him.

Can't say I'm not a bit jelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/690983429459017728

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

sabat wrote: »

We found the source of a users bitterness :eek::pac::P

That's fantastic (the video) but also Kloops reaction, you cannot force passion like that, its the kind of thing that IMO would inspire players to give it their all when playing for him, it would also make players want to play for him.

Can't say I'm not a bit jelly.

My brother is a United fan and thats something that he keeps banging on about. LVG drives him nuts, because of the lack of reaction on the sideline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

First time watching MOTD in years!! :D

100% a foul on Sakho for their 4th...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just watched the game. WTF!!! Rodgersball at its finest!

Definitely fcuking first on MOTD, called it earlier! And it's on at half ten in case anyone is wondering.

Maybe Underachiever was right about Adam Apollo Lallana.

Reckon this was the match thread in the last few minutes as well

Green-Day-Dookie2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Where was our music?

Great tackle from Can for Milner's goal.

Benteke's stupid run led to their equaliser.

F*cking delighted for Naismith.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That was enjoyable !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »

F*cking delighted for Naismith.

^^^^

This x 10000.

I have an unreasonable dislike for Naismith

I'm not good at jokes.

Yourself and Turty so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Ian Wright annoys the sh!t out of me.

He doesn't think Naismiths ankle breaker was bad because he "went for the ball", yet Morenos admittedly idiotic tackle was "terrible".

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Reckon this was the match thread in the last few minutes as well

Green-Day-Dookie2.jpg

United lads getting into the thread after the Norwich equaliser.

giphy.gif

United lads abandoning thread a minute later.

rs_560x300-131127145911-blackfriday2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

giphy.gif

I thought those clips were of the United fans leaving Old Trafford after 80 minutes to miss the traffic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

giphy.gif

Christ!

Mick looses his wig in the first one.

*shivers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The defending for Naismiths goal was absolutely criminal. Player stood and watched him running in from 20 yards away and did **** all. If you're too lazy to track a player making a run in to the box you deserve a boot in the balls.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought those clips were of the United fans leaving Old Trafford after 80 minutes to miss the traffic?

I actually watched their game earlier with my OH who has no interest in football. At the end I commented on how quickly their stadium emptied out. Her response 'It wasn't that quick, they started leaving 10 minutes before the end.'

giphy.gif

I see gifs get more thanks than pics. You are wise Thank Whore Master.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I see gifs get more thanks than pics. You are wise Thank Whore Master.

Kids just aren't down with Green Day.

I actually watched their game earlier with my OH who has no interest in football. At the end I commented on how quickly their stadium emptied out. Her response 'It wasn't that quick, they started leaving 10 minutes before the end.'

Oh get her in here she'll fit right in :D

In the second Gif I thought it was Rooney pulling back on his wig :D

^^^^

This x 10000.

I have a perfectly reasonable and righteous hatred for Ratsmith

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So just watching MOTD and how bad was that ref, he missed the elbow by Fellaini and played on with a player having a head injury

• Advertisement

So just watching MOTD and how bad was that ref, he missed the elbow by Fellaini and played on with a player having a head injury

I think your watching last weeks MOTD :P

Kids just aren't down with Green Day.

Our shameful celebrations at the winner today.

c8Pxm7.gif

The kids like Star Wars and ewoks, right?

giphy.gif

Look at Fellani's elbows in that gif, all over the place as usual. It's madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

As seen on the BBC gossip pages (sacred I know)
    Liverpool are looking at a possible move for Leicester's Kasper Schmeichel, 29, as they step up their search for a new goalkeeper

It would be wholly uninspiring.

I'm sure many of us could ream off quite a few realistic quality players names before we delve into the depths of mediocrity.

Glico Man wrote: »
    As seen on the BBC gossip pages (sacred I know)

It would be wholly uninspiring.

I'm sure many of us could ream off quite a few realistic quality players names before we delve into the depths of mediocrity.

It would fairly sicken his **** of an auld lad, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ter Stegen
    Ter Stegen wants to quit the Nou Camp because of a lack of first-team opportunities as he looks to win a place in Germany’s Euro 2016 squad.

He is Barca’s Champions League keeper and he also produced a brilliant performance as the Catalans defeated Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey in midweek.

Liverpool have been quoted £20m and there is a belief that the Merseysiders will move now rather than wait for the competition for Ter Stegen’s signature to intensify at the end of the season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-alex-teixeira-hopes-diminish-7232777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ter Stegen
    Ter Stegen wants to quit the Nou Camp because of a lack of first-team opportunities as he looks to win a place in Germany’s Euro 2016 squad.

He is Barca’s Champions League keeper and he also produced a brilliant performance as the Catalans defeated Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey in midweek.

Liverpool have been quoted £20m and there is a belief that the Merseysiders will move now rather than wait for the competition for Ter Stegen’s signature to intensify at the end of the season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-alex-teixeira-hopes-diminish-7232777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looking like top 4 could be decided already. The next 4 clubs are all over the place.
    Game over, congrats to City, Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looking like top 4 could be decided already. The next 4 clubs are all over the place.
    Game over, congrats to City, Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

One of the stories there say Chelsea plot loan move for PSG's Thiago Silva :pac: :pac: :pac:
    I'm sure he's chuffed :o

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    100% a foul on Sakho for their 4th...

Am I the only one who thinks it was offside? Bassong was offside when the hoof was hit and went towards the ball although he didn't jump but it is still offside this season. Glad it didn't matter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

corwill wrote: »
    It would fairly sicken his **** of an auld lad, though.

The guy is 29, in his prime as a goalkeeper, why would he possibly want to make a backwards career move now and leave a team challenging for the title to go to a team struggling to make Europa league? Unless maybe they double his money I suppose, in fairness hard to turn down if they double his wages or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Lol

The guy is 29, in his prime as a goalkeeper, why would he possibly want to make a backwards career move now and leave a team challenging for the title to go to a team struggling to make Europa league? Unless maybe they double his money I suppose, in fairness hard to turn down if they double his wages or something.

You're right. I guess United will also have to look elsewhere for their replacement for DDG when he goes to Real.

I just don't buy into the obsession with goalkeepers and central defenders.

If we score more goals, we'll win more games.

Its fairly simple.

Rodgers nearly had it and I'm fairly sure Klopp will kop onto this magic formula.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Our coaches have an awful lot to answer for for our defensive shambles, wk in wk out now calamity defending both in general play and set pieces, we haven't been able to defend set pieces for a number of years now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Charlie19 wrote: »

If we score more goals, we'll win more games.

Its fairly simple.

Rodgers nearly had it and I'm fairly sure Klopp will kop onto this magic formula.

Rodgers was aided by 2 world class strikers supplemented by some good players playing out of their skin, the Rodgers way for as fun as it was is not really a viable way to go about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Charlie19 wrote: »

Maybe Klopp doesn't buy into the idea of defenders that fanny about, conceding at set pieces, a keeper that doesn't know whether he's coming or going and having to recruit some lad who isn't getting a game at Southampton to cover for injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ush wrote: »
    Maybe Klopp doesn't buy into the idea of defenders that fanny about, conceding at set pieces, a keeper that doesn't know whether he's coming or going and having to recruit some lad who isn't getting a game at Southampton to cover for injuries.

Yep, this is proper silly season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

The defending for Naismiths goal was absolutely criminal. Player stood and watched him running in from 20 yards away and did **** all. If you're too lazy to track a player making a run in to the box you deserve a boot in the balls.

This drives me f*cking nuts, all our midfielders are poor to downright hopeless defensively. They all can press when the player is in front of them, but when players are facing them and start passing around our midfield they freeze and look like they don't know how to get into position to make an interception. It also makes it very easy to blame the defence because they have to leave their position to deal with any danger outside the box, or leave the player they are already marking. I have thought for a while now that even if you put the best defender in the world in our team he will look exposed because of the amount of space and players he is expected to cover. There is also a lack of trust throughout the team imo. Numerous players get dragged towards the ball resulting in them getting in each others way and leaving huge amounts of space when the ball breaks. Uniteds goal last week and again yesterday for Bassongs goal, everytime a ball is played into the box opposition players have space and we are in each others way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement