Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Password problems?

Yep...reset it 5 times yesterday and still can't log in on the laptop. Managed to log in on the phone but don't like typing on it much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bring Rodgers in as a defensive coach, for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone else keep getting asked to enter captchas too?

klose wrote: »
    Anyone else keep getting asked to enter captchas too?

No but it keeps telling me I've had too many log in failures and I need to reset my password even if I've only tried once. It's a right pain in the hole at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It told me to reset my password after to many log in failures but I kept trying and after about 10/12 more attempts it logged me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Bring Rodgers in as a defensive coach, for the craic.
    30m bid for Ashley Williams in the summer. The defensive leader we need.

It told me to reset my password after to many log in failures but I kept trying and after about 10/12 more attempts it logged me in.

I'm picturing you sitting at your computer,giving it the death stare and saying "we'll see about THAT".

Thanks...I'll try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm picturing you sitting at your computer,giving it the death stare and saying "we'll see about THAT".

Thanks...I'll try that.

202.gif

Nah I checked the feedback page with Dav and others were having the same problem :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98464443#post98464443

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Our goals scored in the league looking much better after yesterday. Over 15% of our goals scored this season scored yesterday! We've overtaken Man United who have now scored 2 less than us

8-10 wrote: »
    Our goals scored in the league looking much better after yesterday. Over 15% of our goals scored this season scored yesterday! We've overtaken Man United who have now scored 2 less than us

Yesterday was like the good ol days of 13/14...concede a ****load? No problem,we'll just score a ****load too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

8-10 wrote: »

What about our goals conceded though
    hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep...reset it 5 times yesterday and still can't log in on the laptop. Managed to log in on the phone but don't like typing on it much.

Happened to me the other night, clicked the reset button but couldn't remember the account I used to register. Thought the lads who were messing at Nuri's account might be back on the scene.

Was also having panic attacks about having to create a new account, being out of the kliq, not getting any thanks, Hangball thinking I deserted him, rebuilding my reputation with our football friends. But it let me log in no problem the following morning.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Happened to me the other night, clicked the reset button but couldn't remember the account I used to register. Thought the lads who were messing at Nuri's account might be back on the scene.

Was also having panic attacks about having to create a new account, being out of the kliq, not getting any thanks, Hangball thinking I deserted him, rebuilding my reputation with our football friends. But it let me log in no problem the following morning.

Just tried it on he laptop and managed to log in first attempt. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Full Man U game is on Setanta now, just to really make your weekend :)

Jesus. Why would you do that to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Only glance at it whenever I hear the boo's ;)

Which it turns out is quite a lot :D

Last weekend was one of the few times a loss to Man U did not bother me, yesterday proved why. we have a future, they have none. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've just woken up, why would I want to go back to asleep ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well, if you need to catch up on sleep might be worth throwing it on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Yesterday's game was just bat **** crazy. 2 questions arise re:the defence...

1.When is the last time mignolet actually made a save? None yesterday that I recall and none against United yesterday.
    2. How bad is Caulker if he can't force his way into that side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Utd games games ought to be a prescription alternative to chemical medicines.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

1.When is the last time mignolet actually made a save? None yesterday that I recall and none against United yesterday.

Mig has made some incredible saves lately, unfortunately some howlers are overshadowing them.
    I'm nearly certain that the commentary team were given a memo yesterday to target him for any little mistake yesterday, they were pulling some stuff out of thin air. I know he's had is howlers, he should have done better for one of the goals yesterday, but it's sad that the media are forcing themselves to write non-stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Well we defended awfully that game. But we were pretty stout against United and in general haven't been that bad from open play this season defensively. Its those bloody set pieces. I know every team thinks they suck at set pieces but we really do bring it to a whole new level. And tbh I think that falls on the keeper. He's supposed to be the one organizing back there.

I also think that Sakho could do a better job of leading back there too. He's done it before and its a legit criticism that he's not doing it as well as he should be.

Mignolet is just not good enough, no other way around it.....hasn't improved in his time here and probably wont improve in the future either......a fine backup keeper but Klopp sees him as his number one i think, him signing a new contract will have him here for a while more anyway.....i dont rate him at all.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Mig has made some incredible saves lately, unfortunately some howlers are overshadowing them.
    I'm nearly certain that the commentary team were given a memo yesterday to target him for any little mistake yesterday, they were pulling some stuff out of thin air. I know he's had is howlers, he should have done better for one of the goals yesterday, but it's sad that the media are forcing themselves to write non-stories.

:confused:

No he hasn't. I'm struggling to remember the last really good save he made. He's absolutely appalling. People used to defend him with "but he's a really good shot stopper"...he's not even that any more. I'd give Ward a shot at this stage. See how that goes. He was highly rated at Aberdeen.

• Advertisement

mav79 wrote: »
    This drives me f*cking nuts, all our midfielders are poor to downright hopeless defensively. They all can press when the player is in front of them, but when players are facing them and start passing around our midfield they freeze and look like they don't know how to get into position to make an interception. It also makes it very easy to blame the defence because they have to leave their position to deal with any danger outside the box, or leave the player they are already marking. I have thought for a while now that even if you put the best defender in the world in our team he will look exposed because of the amount of space and players he is expected to cover. There is also a lack of trust throughout the team imo. Numerous players get dragged towards the ball resulting in them getting in each others way and leaving huge amounts of space when the ball breaks. Uniteds goal last week and again yesterday for Bassongs goal, everytime a ball is played into the box opposition players have space and we are in each others way.

Should have played Lucas yesterday a DM was badly needed.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Mignolet is just not good enough, no other way around it.....hasn't improved in his time here and probably wont improve in the future either......a fine backup keeper but Klopp sees him as his number one i think, him signing a new contract will have him here for a while more anyway.....i dont rate him at all.

I'm very much hoping that Mignolet's contract extension was simply a two pronged business decision
    - Going forward he's a very credible #2 keeper and by keeping him we only have to shop around for a #1 at the moment, if he didn't get a renewal there's not much left on his contract so we might need to buy 2 keepers in quick succession
    - we now have him on a long contract so even if he puts in a transfer request we should get minimum £7m+ for him transfer fee

I very much doubt Klopp fancies him as #1 longterm.

I'm surprised Ward didn't get a game yesterday, Klopp has showed a nice bit of grit by getting him get, clear message to Bogdan... "you are sh1t". Maybe Klopp reckons Ward isn't quite ready yet and doesn't want to risk putting him in the frying pan too soon just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Flop Firmino level on goals with De Bruyne and Martial, more goals than Hazard Ozil and Depay and more assists than Sterling, Rooney and Fabregas.

https://twitter.com/Musker_LFC/status/691065844277841920

Selective stats but interesting all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

No he hasn't. I'm struggling to remember the last really good save he made. He's absolutely appalling. People used to defend him with "but he's a really good shot stopper"...he's not even that any more. I'd give Ward a shot at this stage. See how that goes. He was highly rated at Aberdeen.

I'd agree with most of that but the 'give them a shot' approach didn't work with Bogdan though. Ward may well be a decent keeper but the fact is that we have two sub-standard keepers at the club, that's been the case for some time now and it's never been addressed.
    Mignolet getting a 5 year contract is worrying, unless it's to secure a better price for him when we flog his incompetent arse this summer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On Mingolet as a shot stopper. Stats show he has saved the least shots of any keeper in the league this season. This doesn't allow for the fact that he might have faced less shots than some of the other keepers, but still. Lloris at 3rd fewest is another reason to take this with a pinch of salt, but still.

CZfWhsLWkAAZqgS.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Flop Firmino..........

Proper striker, play him up front and he'll score, not suited to the wing/AM/#10 gig from what I've seen. (never watched him in Germany)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Would anyone here take Torres back in the summer when his contract is up. See what Klopp can get out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Flop Firmino level on goals with De Bruyne and Martial, more goals than Hazard Ozil and Depay and more assists than Sterling, Rooney and Fabregas.

https://twitter.com/Musker_LFC/status/691065844277841920

Anyone who's been referring to him as a flop has all the intelligence of the hair on Richard Keys' hands. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Would anyone here take Torres back in the summer when his contract is up. See what Klopp can get out of him.

Not a chance. Aside from his poor attitude when he left, we have enough players who need a chance to see what Klopp can get out of. We should be going for players who succeed by themselves.

mosstin wrote: »
    Anyone who's been referring to him as a flop has all the intelligence of the hair on Richard Keys' hands. :rolleyes:

Speaking of those that didn't rate him, what happened to Tipsy...banned?

He's useless now and won't be getting any better.

peter-snaps-his-neck-o.gif

No. We got the best out of him years ago. He's a risk we dont need to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

No. We got the best out of him years ago. He's a risk we dont need to take.

His next stop is lower La Liga, MSL or Qatar, he's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Absolutely not.

We sold at the right time, just as his pace was gone. He has showed nothing since he left to say he has anything else in his game to compensate for his loss of pace.

I would rather have Robbie Fowler back before Torres, at least Robbie knew how to score some goals after his pace was gone.

And that's even before I remember the sh!tty way he left and the crowd he went to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

West Ham
    The double save. Then the excellent last save.

Pretty sure he pulled off a decent one against Arsenal from a Ramsey shot as well but can't track any keeper highlights from that game.

......I'm not saying I wouldn't want an upgrade on him, but he has made important saves for us. It's only fair we talk about them and not just the worst of him. It's only his worst that is being highlighted and the commentators are looking for anything at the moment.

Lads I wouldn't want him back now either but lets not bad mouth him. He left under a cloud but he'd basically been lied to by the upper management for months. I don't buy into the whole "he downed tools" thing. He lacked motivation for sure but most of the squad did and who would blame them given what was going on at the time. He was the best striker in world football for 2 years with us and was a joy to watch, matched only by Luis imo. Watching him DESTROY defences is how i'll remember him, the whole club was a mess when he left and he imo did nothing wrong. He didn't say Chelsea or nobody or anything like that.

I will say it broke my heart when he left and i don't think i'll ever be as emotionally invested in an individual footballer (not even Luis) again. But what a player he was for us when at his peak.

Lads I wouldn't want him back now either but lets not bad mouth him. He left under a cloud but he'd basically been lied to by the upper management for months. I don't buy into the whole "he downed tools" thing. He lacked motivation for sure but most of the squad did and who would blame them given what was going on at the time. He was the best striker in world football for 2 years with us and was a joy to watch, matched only by Luis imo. Watching him DESTROY defences is how i'll remember him, the whole club was a mess when he left and he imo did nothing wrong. He didn't say Chelsea or nobody or anything like that.

I will say it broke my heart when he left and i don't think i'll ever be as emotionally invested in an individual footballer (not even Luis) again. But what a player he was for us when at his peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Watching the Swansea game and for all the abuse Ashley Willian's get he is a solid centre half and better than any centre half that we have had in the past 3 years, yet you would still get lads who would turn their nose at him

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Re Mignolet The commentators are talking about it because he has given them SO many reasons to.

When I played in goal I made some great saves, I was a shíte keeper though!

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Lads I wouldn't want him back now either but lets not bad mouth him.

Who's bad mouthing him?

Who's bad mouthing him?

Well people are talking about the bad way he left etc, i don't think he did anything wrong. The club was a total and utter mess at the time.

Watching the Swansea game and for all the abuse Ashley Willian's get he is a solid centre half and better than any centre half that we have had in the past 3 years, yet you would still get lads who would turn their nose at him

His age would be an issue, I'd basically take anyone that is capable of defending now though at this stage......

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Well people are talking about the bad way he left etc, i don't think he did anything wrong. The club was a total and utter mess at the time.

He left for Chelsea, he also said he wouldn't join another English team iirc, while I was annoyed at the time but yea, he did nothing wrong.......when the going got tough Torres went.....the club was starting to recover but he didnt want to stick around for a rebuild which is fair enough...

• Advertisement

He left, we got a better player (and Andy Carroll) in. That's pretty much the facts of it.

I didn't wish him success at Chelsea but I actually felt sorry watching how bad he became. He had declined before he left us but wasn't that bad, and I think playing alongside 'Louie' could have made him look like a top striker for a few more seasons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement