Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was good to see Lallana actually be effective in a game for a change. Maybe coming off the bench when the opposition has tired is the best way of using him. It's a shame to see such an obviously skillful player be so absolutely useless all the time.

He played much more direct on Saturday. He didn't slow play down once from what I can remember and turned and ran at the defence/in begind when the option was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    Most of his goals for us were in an 18 month period followed by an 18 month period where he was riddled by injury. The latter is the norm, don't ya know :pac:

We should genuinely feel privileged to have so many soccer experts who are also experts in sports injuries and psychology :)

Can someone decipher this for me please? I can't make head nor tail of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It really is frustrating because it seems that the league this year will be won by whatever team is less sh1t than all others. In some ways it reminds me of the 2013/14 season in so far as Man City and Chelsea were in a transition phase and Arsenal had fallen away by Feburary as usual. This season too sees Chelsea in transition, Utd total sh1te and Man City not quite firing on all cylinders. Its just a pity we haven't been able to take advantage of that because it looks like the league will be won in May with a quite low points total. Next season will likely see Guardiola at Man City and possibly Mourinho at United, both of whom will have big transfer kittys. Chelsea are also likely to get a new manager in the summer and spend heavily again. Our competition next season is likely to be a few notches higher than this one.

In any case its all immaterial to us at this stage. If we had of sacked Rodgers after the 6-1 reverse at Stoke then we wouldn't have Klopp as manager now and I don't think we could have got such a high level manager as him in the last summer break.

Klopp was never going to win the league this year, with a team that is, at best mid table fodder.

I was hopeful of a top 4 push as i figured Leicester would drop off late november. But ive been pleasantly surprised by them..

Klopp said he needed time, and he wasnt wrong. The team isn't his and some of them just aren't getting into the new philosophy, they seem to be stuck on 'how to defend 101, the Rodgers method"

Can someone decipher this for me please? I can't make head nor tail of it.

Start from 1st class curriculum and go to Leaving Cert (applied perhaps) and than re read :) (get grinds as needed)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He played much more direct on Saturday. He didn't slow play down once from what I can remember and turned and ran at the defence/in begind when the option was there.

Yep. The first time ball in for Firmino's second was great. Normally he'd spin himself dizzy and the attack would be over. More of that please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

K-9 wrote: »
    The big change under Klopp is coming from behind to draw or win games, that had gone at the end of Rodgers. I'd say confidence and belief plays a part but Klopp is definitely a more attacking and risk taking manager. I do think he has an attitude that losing by 3 is the same as losing by 1 so he throws caution to the wind and goes for it.

That's great like yesterday or West Brom but when the attack doesn't click, you get West Ham! Speaking of whom, we really owe them one this season.

Having watched them versus City yesterday, I would be surprised and delighted if we get past the Hammers in the cup. Song & Payet were outstanding, the team are solid defensively and they play some good stuff.

Start from 1st class curriculum and go to Leaving Cert (applied perhaps) and than re read :) (get grinds as needed)

Are the smiley faces in every post an attempt to distract from the usually condescending tone of your posts? If so,it's not working.

Also...reread is all one word :)

Yep. The first time ball in for Firmino's second was great. Normally he'd spin himself dizzy and the attack would be over. More of that please.

He played a lot more like that with Southampton and hopefully he can take something from the last match and play like that from now on.

I see Rayne suggesting they highjack our move for Texeria. Watch them say he's useless if we do sign him through !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He played a lot more like that with Southampton and hopefully he can take something from the last match and play like that from now on.

I see Rayne suggesting they highjack our move for Texeria. Watch them say he's useless if we do sign him through !!

Quoting fans of other clubs just invites them in here and then the bickering starts, leave em at it, we have enough of our own lads who love a sniping quarrel.

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »
    Quoting fans of other clubs just invites them in here and then the bickering starts, leave em at it!

Bickering is the fuel the soccer forum runs on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Teixeira is totally cock teasing us before leaving the party with the rich ugly fecker ain't he....

Are the smiley faces in every post an attempt to distract from the usually condescending tone of your posts? If so,it's not working.

Also...reread is all one word :)

You probably suffer from an inferiority complex if you find my tone condescending, complete misinterpretation on your part anyway kid.

Also....so,it's is not one word :)

garra wrote: »
    Quoting fans of other clubs just invites them in here and then the bickering starts, leave em at it, we have enough of our own lads who love a sniping quarrel.

Mods have said before that all fans are welcome in each others threads so let them work away.

A lot of the guys over there are knowledgeable about soccer/players and Rayne made a very good point that £30m is the new £15m because of all the TV money and sponsorship in the Premier League.

From next season when the new deal kicks in everyone will have a lot of money to spend and there will be very few bargains available anymore.

Once West Ham get their new free stadium as well they will be a force in the league. Increased revenue to build on a very solid team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You probably suffer from an inferiority complex if you find my tone condescending, complete misinterpretation on your part anyway kid.

Also....so,it's is not one word :)

Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Teixeira is totally cock teasing us before leaving the party with the rich ugly fecker ain't he....

I don't think Agent Coulson is rich....:pac:

• Advertisement

I don't think Agent Coulson is rich....:pac:

And we all know who agent coulsen leaves the party with..turty & the kerrigoon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We deserve 10 more pts than we have
    What we have we have earned
    We have no cheap pts
    But 10pts missing from great performances
    Performances where we got zero

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It really is frustrating because it seems that the league this year will be won by whatever team is less sh1t than all others. In some ways it reminds me of the 2013/14 season in so far as Man City and Chelsea were in a transition phase and Arsenal had fallen away by Feburary as usual. This season too sees Chelsea in transition, Utd total sh1te and Man City not quite firing on all cylinders. Its just a pity we haven't been able to take advantage of that because it looks like the league will be won in May with a quite low points total. Next season will likely see Guardiola at Man City and possibly Mourinho at United, both of whom will have big transfer kittys. Chelsea are also likely to get a new manager in the summer and spend heavily again. Our competition next season is likely to be a few notches higher than this one.

In any case its all immaterial to us at this stage. If we had of sacked Rodgers after the 6-1 reverse at Stoke then we wouldn't have Klopp as manager now and I don't think we could have got such a high level manager as him in the last summer break.

4 teams got 79 points or more in 13/14. I reckon 79 will be enough to win it this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We we close gap to Spurs to 4pts by April then we will face them at Anfield in April with a chance of 4th if we win. It's very possible if Teixeira hits the ground running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Forget Spurs, string a few wins together and we could overtake the 4th place/calendar year/only for injuries champions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Forget Spurs, string a few wins together and we could overtake the 4th place/calendar year/only for injuries champions.

You forgot /only for Costa

Boards is still acting up.

Did Sturridge buy this site by any chance?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Boards is still acting up.

Did Sturridge buy this site by any chance?

Its acting like Sturridge, works brilliantly for 5 minutes then claps out for 6-8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Forget about 4th lads. I'd like to follow Norwich up with another win for now.

Rumours in twitter about Ter Stegan. Get it done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

We we close gap to Spurs to 4pts by April then we will face them at Anfield in April with a chance of 4th if we win.
    Not if the PL continue to only grant 3pts for a win we won't :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I just don't think we're consistent enough to be in with a chance of 4th.

Too many defensive blunders leading to implosions means we're capable of losing games we'd be expected to win.

It's a pity, league is so poor this year, if we had continued our form around the time we beat City & Chelsea then we could have been challenging for the league.

Either way, I believe we're at the start of Klopp's journey and look forward to future seasons with him. Convinced 17/18 will be our year!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think Toby is the only one who thinks we still have a realistic shot at 4th.

5starpool wrote: »
    I think Toby is the only one who thinks we still have a realistic shot at 4th.

The rest of us are all Doomsayers.

Realistically i dont think there was many people here who thought we'd make top 4 this year when Klopp was appointed, considering how cat the squad was.

Speaking of which, anyone have an update on Origi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We'll finish on the 60 point mark give or take a few points I think, well, based on what we've seen so far......unless we do something we haven't all season. And we'll probably finish around 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I haven't totally given up on it, we are 8 points off Spurs, 9 with goal difference. Everyone above us is flakey, the league might be decided by as low as 75 points this year.
    We have some very winnable games coming up, teams above us still need to come to anfield, if we can stay in touch with Spurs till April when they do come to Anfield, you just never know. I'm more interested in the cups but if moves for Teixeira and Ter Stegen do happen you can be sure FSG/Klopp haven't given up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

rob316 wrote: »
    I haven't totally given up on it, we are 8 points off Spurs, 9 with goal difference. Everyone above us is flakey, the league might be decided by as low as 75 points this year.
    We have some very winnable games coming up, teams above us still need to come to anfield, if we can stay in touch with Spurs till April when they do come to Anfield, you just never know. I'm more interested in the cups but if moves for Teixeira and Ter Stegen do happen you can be sure FSG/Klopp haven't given up yet.

Absolutely no hope of top 4 so don't be deluding yourself. They're not even close to being good enough or consistent enough.

They'll finish somewhere between 8th and 6th which to me is a fair representation on the quality of the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rob316 wrote: »

Don't do it to yourself it's not happening. Remember those so called easy run of games against Swansea Newcastle wba Leicester Watford west ham. Still only managed 10 pts from those 6 games. Spurs have a better squad than us at the moment and Leicester are too far ahead.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I just don't think we're consistent enough to be in with a chance of 4th.

Too many defensive blunders leading to implosions means we're capable of losing games we'd be expected to win.

It's a pity, league is so poor this year, if we had continued our form around the time we beat City & Chelsea then we could have been challenging for the league.

Either way, I believe we're at the start of Klopp's journey and look forward to future seasons with him. Convinced 17/18 will be our year!

I wouldn't be writing off next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Someone over on reddit has done an interesting break down of the 4 goals we conceded, and identified the mistakes involved in each.

Can and Moreno appear to be the most heavily featured. Sakho not covering himself in glory either, having played outstandingly against United

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/42jcdc/blame_game_the_four_goals_conceded_against_norwich/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

We haven't a chance of finishing 4th with our defence the way it is.......any half-decent corner/cross into our box causes chaos.

We were pretty poor against Norwich....very slow and ponderous all over the pitch. The Norwich goals sparked us into life a bit for about 20 mins alright and great to see that Firminio is finally settling in.

You could argue that 4th isn't a million miles off but are we likely to go on the required 10 match unbeaten run/5 game winning streak? I just can't see it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

We we close gap to Spurs to 4pts by April then we will face them at Anfield in April with a chance of 4th if we win. It's very possible if Teixeira hits the ground running.

Spurs are a better team than us. Was very impressed with them at the weekend. Very jealous of a few of their players too - Lloris is arguably the best keeper in the league (between him, DDG and Cech this season) and Kane is scoring regularly, and they have done well buying players that we really should have gone in for harder: Alderweireld, Eriksen and Dele Alli. Put these 3 in our squad and we're instantly stronger. We could have competed for these 3 players.

They are a top 4 team with the quality they have. And I'm no Spurs fan but realistically their squad is a touch above ours right now.

It's hard to see any of the current top 4 dropping out of the top 4 I reckon. Hopefully they do, but there's a definite gap this year. We have a decent stretch of games and none of the top teams away from home after the next league game so we need to focus on our own games and not worrying about the others. Hopefully the team is fully focused on the cups right now and the league can wait for a week.

Obviously if ter Stegen and Teixeira join this will all change! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just waiting for Chelsea to announce they've signed Alex Teirxiera. Think this will be another one that'll get away.

Just waiting for Chelsea to announce they've signed Alex Teirxiera. Think this will be another one that'll get away.

Its sad that im refreshing boards and twitter constantly to see if theres any progress made.

I think with Hazard fit their attention will wane on this one.

I don't know where this idea comes from seeing as we've had loads of transfers go through over the last few years.

Yes, ther ewas Mkhitaryan, WIllian etc but that's the way it goes.

From what I can see though Chelsea are not in for him so it's open to Liverpool to get it done and agree the fee.

Truth is though that the majority of us had never heard of this player last week.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Someone over on reddit has done an interesting break down of the 4 goals we conceded, and identified the mistakes involved in each.

Can and Moreno appear to be the most heavily featured. Sakho not covering himself in glory either, having played outstandingly against United

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/42jcdc/blame_game_the_four_goals_conceded_against_norwich/

What's the LFC sub Reddit like?

Enjoy browsing Reddit but the layout always puts me off posting, but given boards' new state is being constantly broken it's time for alternative sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Rumours in twitter about Ter Stegan. Get it done

Why would Ter Stegan leave Barcelona? Is he being pushed out and if so why?

Rumour is no game time, and he wants to be in contention for the German squad for Euro 2016

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't know where this idea comes from seeing as we've had loads of transfers go through over the last few years.

Sanchez, Sigurdsson, Costa, Konoplyanka, Salah, Alli........as well as your listed Willian, Mkhitaryan, I'm sure there are more.......we do miss out on decent players regularly enough for different reasons.....

What's the LFC sub Reddit like?

Enjoy browsing Reddit but the layout always puts me off posting, but given boards' new state is being constantly broken it's time for alternative sites.

Not bad, really. Setting the sub filter to "new", means you pretty much can find the latest news, without having to trawl through twitter yourself for it.

I use that sub for getting content, more so than actually attempting to discuss anything, or post crap. Most of my posts are in the NFL sub, really.

The layout you get used to fairly easily after a little while.

Not getting enough game time is whats being said......hes open to a move away apparently....

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Not bad, really. Setting the sub filter to "new", means you pretty much can find the latest news, without having to trawl through twitter yourself for it.

I use that sub for getting content, more so than actually attempting to discuss anything, or post crap. Most of my posts are in the NFL sub, really.

The layout you get used to fairly easily after a little while.

Any of the unmentionables posting over there?

Any of the unmentionables posting over there?

Not too sure. The down voting aspect means that if some plank comes into a LFC sub, or wherever, and talks shit, they get banged down voted so much that the comment gets hidden from view, unless you opt to expand it.

The main soccer sub can be fairly amusing, with regards to comments on certain submissions.

One thing that definitely helped me become more comfortable with posting and browsing reddit was using RES (reddit enhancement suite). Can be downloaded in seconds for any browser, and helps you customise the layout a lot more.

Overall, I'm glad I put a little time into browsing it more and getting used to the feel of it. A year ago I never thought I'd visit and post regularly over there, really.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sanchez, Sigurdsson, Costa, Konoplyanka, Salah, Alli........as well as your listed Willian, Mkhitaryan, I'm sure there are more.......we do miss out on decent players regularly enough for different reasons.....

Yes, but so do a lot of clubs, and sometimes for valid reasons too.

It does not mean that they cannot get deals done.

Also, look at the players in that list.

Would we want them all? Only Willian, Mkhitaryan and Sanchez for me and none of them fell through because of Liverpool.

I wouldn't be writing off next year.

Hope you're right. One better than Rodgers second season would be great.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I don't think Chelsea are going to move for Teixeira. He was a Mourinho target, and now Mourinho's gone I think they'll sit tight and see what the next manager wants.

Doesn't make sense to spunk £35 million on a player with the following in-mind:

- Teixeira is cup-tied in the Champions League. Thats a lot of money to spend to ensure Costa is fresh for the PSG games.
    - You have a caretaker manager - does he rate him? Would Teixeira want to come to a club that is going to have a new manager in the summer?
    - Would the next manager prefer to spend the money elsewhere (new CB)?
    - Top 4 is gone. Spending big in January won't change that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement