Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Don't do it to yourself it's not happening. Remember those so called easy run of games against Swansea Newcastle wba Leicester Watford west ham. Still only managed 10 pts from those 6 games. Spurs have a better squad than us at the moment and Leicester are too far ahead.

We actually only got 7 points from those 6 games, not 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not getting enough game time is whats being said......hes open to a move away apparently....

Yeah, looks like he's clearly behind Claudio Bravo who is only 32 and also competing with 25 year old Jordi Masip who is a local lad.

Barcelona signed both Claudio Bravo and Ter Stegan for €12m each in 2014 but Claudio Bravo is the clear #1 and at 23 Ter Stegan isn't prepared to hang on another 2-4 years to get a shot at the #1 spot.

Wiki (I know I know) says he has an €80m buyout clause and with 3.5 years left on his contract Barcelona are in a strong position to secure a big fee for him. Hopefully something mutually acceptable can be worked out. He looks a weapon of a keeper and is very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Any chance we could go for Ricardo Rodriguez in this transfer window?
    Moreno is a disaster at left back and badly needs upgrading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, but so do a lot of clubs, and sometimes for valid reasons too.

It does not mean that they cannot get deals done.

Also, look at the players in that list.

Would we want them all? Only Willian, Mkhitaryan and Sanchez for me and none of them fell through because of Liverpool.

I dont think anyone is saying its purely a Liverpool thing or blaming the club, yes these things happen and have done to other clubs.

The post you replied to was "Teixeiria will be another one that got away" saying you dont understand where that came from. We've had a fair few in the last couple of seasons, so IMO at least its easy to see why people would be a bit wary with transfers and missing out on our targets. Also you can leave out players you dont like but we were in for those players and missed out for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Any chance we could go for Ricardo Rodriguez in this transfer window?
    Moreno is a disaster at left back and badly needs upgrading.

There's talks of Real wanting to spend 50m to get him. If that's the case, we can't compete.

Also, look at the players in that list.

Would we want them all? Only Willian, Mkhitaryan and Sanchez for me and none of them fell through because of Liverpool.

You wouldn't want Costa? Seriously? I know he's a nasty piece of work but that's EXACTLY one of our weaknesses. We need a nasty focal point, someone to give us a harder edge who the opposition will hate. You'd love him if he as playing in a red shirt and when is he ever injured???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Knex. wrote: »
    There's talks of Real wanting to spend 50m to get him. If that's the case, we can't compete.

Da f8Ck? Seriously? Should have bought him 12-24 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You wouldn't want Costa? Seriously? I know he's a nasty piece of work but that's EXACTLY one of our weaknesses. We need a nasty focal point, someone to give us a harder edge who the opposition will hate. You'd love him if he as playing in a red shirt and when is he ever injured???

No I wouldn't want Costa anywhere near us. Don't like his antics at all.

He's nasty and much differnt to the antics of Suarez and not as talented either to excuse it.

Also, he missed 12 games last season through injury, despite "never" being injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Would take him in a heartbeat, great player! I remember when we were linked with him and Suarez was still banned for the Ivanovic bite, it would have been some craic to have those two playing up front, I'd say there would be a red card guaranteed every game....either for Costa/Suarez or an opposition defender for clocking one of them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kfallon wrote: »
    Would take him in a heartbeat, great player! I remember when we were linked with him and Suarez was still banned for the Ivanovic bite, it would have been some craic to have those two playing up front, I'd say there would be a red card guaranteed every game....either for Costa/Suarez or an opposition defender for clocking one of them :P

Costa never gets red cards though. None in the last 6/7years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

rob316 wrote: »
    I haven't totally given up on it, we are 8 points off Spurs, 9 with goal difference. Everyone above us is flakey, the league might be decided by as low as 75 points this year.
    We have some very winnable games coming up, teams above us still need to come to anfield, if we can stay in touch with Spurs till April when they do come to Anfield, you just never know. I'm more interested in the cups but if moves for Teixeira and Ter Stegen do happen you can be sure FSG/Klopp haven't given up yet.

Liverpool fans must be the most optimistic around after a win against Norwich fans think we can get top 4
    If teams above us are flakey what are we ?
    Our league position is about right teams above us are better than us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

He's nasty and much differnt to the antics of Suarez and not as talented either to excuse it.

Also, he missed 12 games last season through injury, despite "never" being injured.

Such bull****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

rob316 wrote: »
    I haven't totally given up on it, we are 8 points off Spurs, 9 with goal difference. Everyone above us is flakey, the league might be decided by as low as 75 points this year.
    We have some very winnable games coming up, teams above us still need to come to anfield, if we can stay in touch with Spurs till April when they do come to Anfield, you just never know. I'm more interested in the cups but if moves for Teixeira and Ter Stegen do happen you can be sure FSG/Klopp haven't given up yet.

We would have to go on an unbelievable run ala 2013/2014, unfortunately with our defence I can't see that happening so that's that.

Spurs were steeped to win 3-1 vs Palace the weekend & they are getting the luck to win games atm.

8-10 wrote: »
    Costa never gets red cards though. None in the last 6/7years

Yeah he's too sneaky, they only get him with the retrospective bans :P

We won't be getting top 4, forget about it, we were absolute rubbish on Saturday, we just got lucky that Norwich managed to have a worse defence than us.

Such bull****!

Look up his record. He played 26 league games last season

According to http://www.transfermarkt.com/diego-costa/verletzungen/spieler/44779 he missed 8 (not 12) games last year due to a thigh problem but that's very much an outlier. On average over the last 9 seasons he's missed less than 3 games a season due to injury.

Such bull****!

He missed a good few games near the end of the season, I know cos I had him backed to be top goalscorer and when he limped off on a Saturday evening game (maybe v Stoke or Sunderland??) I knew it was curtains for my bet!

You must have hated Souness so!!

According to http://www.transfermarkt.com/diego-costa/verletzungen/spieler/44779 he missed 8 (not 12) games last year due to a thigh problem but that's very much an outlier. On average over the last 9 seasons he's missed less than 3 games a season due to injury.

Look at that again, he missed 8 from April 4 but also missed another 4 games in October.
    You must have hated Souness so!!

No, Souness was a fantastic player, very skilled, tough, but not nasty or sneaky. Big difference.

• Advertisement

No, Souness was a fantastic player, very skilled, tough, but not nasty or sneaky. Big difference.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Look up his record. He played 26 league games last season

Your previous comment "Also, he missed 12 games last season through injury, despite "never" being injured."

That was the part i was saying was bull****. He was suspended for most of them 12 games id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Yes our defence is ****, but and its a big but if we could get Teixeira and he hit the ground running coupled with Sturridge (yes I know) making a comeback it could be the goals we need to win games more comfortably and in turn take pressure off the defence. We are 9 off, 45 to play for and Spurs to come to Anfield. It's unlikely given our form to date but its not impossible and when its a season where Leicester are 3 points clear at the top going into Feb, I wont be writing anything off.

Like I said though, I'm more interested in the cups and I actually fancy Spurs to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Liverpool fans must be the most optimistic around after a win against Norwich fans think we can get top 4
    If teams above us are flakey what are we ?
    Our league position is about right teams above us are better than us

66d6aefc410398e05d960fc6114815b7c2194f892105ae4d9e520e1d2d8de8de.jpg

Your previous comment "Also, he missed 12 games last season through injury, despite "never" being injured."

That was the part i was saying was bull****. He was suspended for most of them 12 games id say

No, he was injured so it wasn't bs as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

we just got lucky that Norwich managed to have a worse defence than us.

Definitely! I know people have been dissecting our 4 goals conceded and where the blame lies but imagine if you're a Norwich fan looking over the 5 we scored?

Imagine we gave an opposing player the amount of space in the box that Henderson got for his goal. Or one of our CB's made the passback for Milner's goal. Jesus wept! We'd be in meltdown

• Advertisement

Look at that again, he missed 8 from April 4 but also missed another 4 games in October.
    You're right about that, my faux pas but I still contend his injury record is very good and he's made of tough stuff.
    You must be looking through some seriously rose tinted glasses there. Hadn't you seen the video's above before? Souness was the LFC enforcer for years. The fact he was also a gifted footballer didn't mitigate the fact he was nasty when he wanted to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

12 games is a decent chunk of the season, only looks good in comparison to Mr. Glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What's the LFC sub Reddit like?

Enjoy browsing Reddit but the layout always puts me off posting, but given boards' new state is being constantly broken it's time for alternative sites.

Great for new content/news but the comments section can be awful at times. Prepare to be down voted for any negative comments relating to the club or any player who is going through a decent spell of form. Most of the time it is ultra positive(which I think stems from having a load of American blow in supporters online) which actually makes me miss the downright misery and realism on this thread.

All that considered i do browse it much more than I would here at this stage, this site and the soccer forum has gone to the dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What's the LFC sub Reddit like?

Enjoy browsing Reddit but the layout always puts me off posting, but given boards' new state is being constantly broken it's time for alternative sites.

When you're used to Boards, it takes a bit of getting used to. It does keep conversations together well though.

There are some very good posts analysing our games on there with links to gifs showing what they're talking about.

And as Knex said the overall soccer reddit page is very good for keeping in touch with headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

How times have changed. "That is certainly a booking!" :P:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The thing with Costa isn't that he's 'never' injured, it's that he's ALWAYS injured. The severity of the injury determines whether he plays through the pain or not.

From about January on last season, and until Christmas this season, he was playing with the same hamstring complaint that had cost him some games at Atletico, and led to **** international performances at the World Cup.

When he can, he plays through it, but it'll likely need proper surgery at some point or he'll end up retiring early/sliding down the leagues when he can't keep up the pace.

You're right about that, my faux pas but I still contend his injury record is very good and he's made of tough stuff.

You must be looking through some seriously rose tinted glasses there. Hadn't you seen the video's above before? Souness was the LFC enforcer for years. The fact he was also a gifted footballer didn't mitigate the fact he was nasty when he wanted to be.

Souness's "nastiness" was his competitiveness and sometimes making bad challenges. Reminds me of Roy Keane. He was also an excelllent captain for us.

It's very different to Costa and his all round sneaky play, behind ref's back, a very different approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who gives a **** about Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Chelsea fans, mostly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Arsenal fans too. And probably Wenger and Mertesacker. Mrs Costa too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

and Jordan Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I will say Klopp's master stroke so far for me this season was saying he felt alone when fans left early.

Since then fans have stayed at games and we are starting to fight now to the last kick of the game even if that is in the 96th minute.

He is slowly but surely starting to rebuild the club up from the ground bringing the fans and players back together it will take more time but the foundations for the future under Klopp are being laid right now and I am enjoying every minute of it.

I will say Klopp's master stroke so far for me this season was saying he felt alone when fans left early.

Since then fans have stayed at games and we are starting to fight now to the last kick of the game even if that is in the 96th minute.

He is slowly but surely starting to rebuild the club up from the ground bringing the fans and players back together it will take more time but the foundations for the future under Klopp are being laid right now and I am enjoying every minute of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

*Insert coffee joke here*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

You must be a sadist as some of the performances have been horrific.

• Advertisement

Hoki wrote: »
    You must be a sadist as some of the performances have been horrific.

They have been but after the heat of the moment is over and you step back and look at the big picture you can see the change starting and Klopp is leading from the front with that change that fills me with hope for the future something that really hasn't been there since FSG took over the club.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Chelsea Arsenal fans, mostly

Fixed that for ya :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i actually think moreno could be a very good player,but not in defence,some engine on him,great left peg,eager as fcuk, i certainly would not be selling him any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

They have been but after the heat of the moment is over and you step back and look at the big picture you can see the change starting and Klopp is leading from the front with that change that fills me with hope for the future something that really hasn't been there since FSG took over the club.

I'd argue that the majority of people felt huge hope for the future during our 'nearly' year under Rodgers. Klopp still has an enormous amount of work to do with possibly an inferior squad before he gets back to those highs imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

i actually think moreno could be a very good player,but not in defence,some engine on him,great left peg,eager as fcuk, i certainly would not be selling him any time soon.
    Everton have moved Besic further forward from CB to great effect as well. I like Moreno but his positioning is worse than a five year old:(

Hoki wrote: »
    I'd argue that the majority of people felt huge hope for the future during our 'nearly' year under Rodgers. Klopp still has an enormous amount of work to do with possibly an inferior squad before he gets back to those highs imo.

That was a great season for everything that was involved we had the best player in the league by a country mile a manager who really hadn't a clue what he was doing which in a very good way lead to balls to the wall football that showed we didn't really even have an in game management plan let alone a long term season one.

When you stand back and look at that season as a whole it's quite obvious there was no great plan for the future or even the next game the club lived in the moment of each game that is what lead to the great excitement.

Now that we have a manager with huge experience you can see the him laying the ground work for the long term future not just the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

XXX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

There is plenty about Klopp to enjoy , but for me the team is still underperforming the resources it has , even taking into account the Pi$$ poor recruitment from previous regimes.

I would have expected an A lister like Klopp to have us comfortable performing like the top 5 side we realistically are by now and looking at a couple of Transfer windows to make the changes to move us into challenging.
    Still not seeing that out there.

Stoke presser.

New glasses make me look like a serial killer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It looks like Shawcross will be out of tomorrow's match. 3-4 weeks on the sidelines apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement