Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

i actually think moreno could be a very good player,but not in defence,some engine on him,great left peg,eager as fcuk, i certainly would not be selling him any time soon.

I've yet to see any evidence of this. Very rarely puts in a good cross. Never picks out a man. Sh*te at free kicks and corners. I honestly don't know where the idea of Moreno being having a 'great left peg' comes from. Soon as flanagan is fully fit I'd have him in there at LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I've yet to see any evidence of this. Very rarely puts in a good cross. Never picks out a man. Sh*te at free kicks and corners. I honestly don't know where the idea of Moreno being having a 'great left peg' comes from. Soon as flanagan is fully fit I'd have him in there at LB.

I saw a stat last week saying he's got the most chances created by a defender in the PL or something. I remember it because it struck me as evidence that spurious stats on vaguely defined achievements aren't worth much. The lad is brainless. Every cross is too eager, every shot is full power-bar. He gets a rush of blood every single time he gets the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Everton have moved Besic further forward from CB to great effect as well. I like Moreno but his positioning is worse than a five year old:(

Besic made his debut for Everton as a midfielder I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

We are missing an organiser in defence. Carragher was brilliant at it. He decided when the line moved up, he made sure players stuck by their assignments. Right now there is no coordination and each player in defence looks to be living on their nerves, playing for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Flanagan or Smith for me at LB over Moreno. In the words of Dunphy " He's a bit of a headbanger". Brainless and a defensive liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

5starpool wrote: »
    We actually only got 7 points from those 6 games, not 10.

Oh ye that's right I meant to have Sunderland in those run of games aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The peno Moreno gave away on Saturday showed how thick he really is as a footballer. Standing behind a guy and decided he can get the ball by kicking thru him, I'd say Naismith couldn't believe his luck when he felt the contact.

I've had enough of Moreno now, costs us too many goals and offers very little in an attacking sense. And who the fook decided that he should be on free kicks? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

It's worse he's getting not improving at all. The penalty was atrocious defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

He did the exact same thing away to Newcastle away this season for their second goal. Abeit it was on the half way line. He still was wrong side of the player and thought it would be a good idea to lunge into a tackle two footed (which sissoko rode), yet it was brainless and no need for it.

I've said it before but I'll say it again... I've seen no progression in him since he's been at the club. He doesn't learn from his mistakes. He's still making the same ones over and over as he did 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mormank wrote: »
    Besic made his debut for Everton as a midfielder I'm pretty sure.
    Yeah, I think so but it's only in the last 2 or 3 years he has become a midfielder. Iirc he spent most of his early career as a CB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Yeah, I think so but it's only in the last 2 or 3 years he has become a midfielder. Iirc he spent most of his early career as a CB.

It's very possible. Plenty of players played in a different position before they made their debuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

An ideal scenario now, is for Flanno to actually be able to perform as before, and take that LB spot for his own.

Big ask for someone out of the game for so long, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

There is plenty about Klopp to enjoy , but for me the team is still underperforming the resources it has , even taking into account the Pi$$ poor recruitment from previous regimes.

I would have expected an A lister like Klopp to have us comfortable performing like the top 5 side we realistically are by now and looking at a couple of Transfer windows to make the changes to move us into challenging.
    Still not seeing that out there.

Sacrilege.. how dare you?!?! Are you an agent provocateur? :eek::eek:

Actually I agree with you, but I get the sense that he is pushing the current players to see their limits, even at the expense of short term results.

He is not an Ancelotti or a Benitez, meaning that he will not wring the utmost out of a squad in terms of results, but will implement his philosophy over a period of time. Hopefully this longer term approach achieves longer term success, but we will not know that until.. a longer time.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

amber69 wrote: »
    It's worse he's getting not improving at all. The penalty was atrocious defending.

Unforgivable. This stat about him been the most creative player is BS, I don't seem him create anything clear cut. I hear loads of Liverpool fans say how good of a player he is, all I see is a defensive liability, he is at fault for so many goals and is the weak link in the back 5 along with that clown between the sticks.

Clyne is a far superior defender

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Clyne out tomorrow night With Flanagan to start apparently. Probably said in the presser, which I know was linked above, but I haven't had time to watch that yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I like Moreno, he's got moxy. He does need to work on his decision making process though. I think he could work well as an impact player. He does attack quite well, its just no one seems to be able to capitalise on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Nerdlingr wrote: »

I think the notion of him being a decent attacker probably comes from that Spurs game last year when he did a half decent John-Arne Riise impression and scored a cracking goal.

Loads of people have him in their Fantasy League teams for that reason it seems as well. :D

It was also Balotelli's debut and it looked like himself and Sturridge could really be a great partnership :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

brevity wrote: »
    I like Moreno, he's got moxy. He does need to work on his decision making process though. I think he could work well as an impact player. He does attack quite well, its just no one seems to be able to capitalise on it.

Not being able to defend can be detrimental as a defender
    That penalty he gave away Saturday it something you would see at under 10s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Not being able to defend can be detrimental as a defender
    That penalty he gave away Saturday it something you would see at under 10s

Most of the defending on Saturday is something that you would see at the under 10's.

He can be a liability but I think there is good player there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Moreno's decision making is piss poor......it boils down to that really.......at 23 he's old enough now to know when to dive in, cross, make a run, get back etc.....he has a powerful strike also but has very little control.......he's not the disaster many are making out, decent cover if nothing else however I'd like to see him played further up and a lot of work on his final ball.....defensively he's weak and thats putting it as mild as i can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

brevity wrote: »
    Most of the defending on Saturday is something that you would see at the under 10's.

He can be a liability but I think there is good player there.

Lets not forget also that he got zero protection from the our DM or midfield either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not sure if someone already posted but according to the papers we've had a second bid of £28m rejected for Teixeira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Ward, Smith and Caulker all need to be given a chance over the coming weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Moreno's older than Can, that's crazy. Can must have been born looking about 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not sure if someone already posted but according to the papers we've had a second bid of £28m rejected for Teixeira.

Not the case according to better sauces (Melissa Reddy at TAW, and the Echo) than SKY sports and the Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How come ward can't play the cup games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

still linked with ter stegen for 20 million pounds. He would be a fantastic signing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »
    How come ward can't play the cup games?

I think he can now...he couldn't play against Exeter in the replay because he wasn't in the squad for the original game. Not 100% sure on that but I think I'm right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

/any craic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

NukaCola wrote: »
    Moreno's decision making is piss poor......it boils down to that really.......at 23 he's old enough now to know when to dive in, cross, make a run, get back etc.....he has a powerful strike also but has very little control.......he's not the disaster many are making out, decent cover if nothing else however I'd like to see him played further up and a lot of work on his final ball.....defensively he's weak and thats putting it as mild as i can.
    It's a moot discussion anyway, I think. With Gomez and Smith at the club next year, I can see Moreno going back to Spain in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Moreno has some faults defensively. Still a very good LB in the making. Once his decision making improves he will be an excellent LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

MD1990 wrote: »
    Moreno has some faults defensively. Still a very good LB in the making. Once his decision making improves he will be an excellent LB.

I'm not sure he'll ever naje a LB but think he'd do well in front of one , esp as an inpact sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MD1990 wrote: »

Not convinced it will ever improve much. Think he might just be a bit brainless. Hard to fix that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Caulker (cup tied) and bogdan starting for the u21s. Klopp politely ushering bogdan out the door is good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

nil craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

nil craic

About to head to the shop for breakfast stuff for tomorrow, any advice chief?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

nil craic

Craic free zone in her these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

ricero wrote: »
    still linked with ter stegen for 20 million pounds. He would be a fantastic signing
    I think we'd be trading in the Belgian for the pricier German model. He's prone to Mignolet-esque concentration lapses/gaffes too.

He'll get away with them playing behind the Barcelona or German national team but I'm not so sure about this Liverpool team.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think he can now...he couldn't play against Exeter in the replay because he wasn't in the squad for the original game. Not 100% sure on that but I think I'm right.

You are 100% correct. Caulker was ineligible for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

We are missing an organiser in defence. Carragher was brilliant at it. He decided when the line moved up, he made sure players stuck by their assignments. Right now there is no coordination and each player in defence looks to be living on their nerves, playing for themselves.

To be fair Kolo has been giving them orders the last few games, you can see him talking to and organising the defence, no harm to give the lad another contract IMO because no other CB we have is a natural talker/organiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Liverpool U-21s -V- Sligo Rovers
    Wednesday 10th February 2016
    Kick Off 7:45 PM in the Showgrounds
    Tickets: Adults E10, Children E5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Talisman wrote: »
    I think we'd be trading in the Belgian for the pricier German model. He's prone to Mignolet-esque concentration lapses/gaffes too.

He'll get away with them playing behind the Barcelona or German national team but I'm not so sure about this Liverpool team.

No point selling Ming and buying Ter Stegan. You need two decent keepers to push each other. In this case Ming is our best keeper at the minute. We need to buy a better keeper and move Ming to number 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No point selling Ming and buying Ter Stegan. You need two decent keepers to push each other. In this case Ming is our best keeper at the minute. We need to buy a better keeper and move Ming to number 2.

Wouldn't that be the reason behind getting Ter Stegen? Shunt Mignolet to second tier.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be the reason behind getting Ter Stegen?

I was replying to Talisman comment saying he felt we were going to trade in Ming for Ter Stegan.

What I'm saying is there is no point selling Ming and buying Ter Stegan as were still left with Bogdan for backup then. If we sell anyone then it should be Bogdan.

Ming as back up isnt bad in fairness.

If we were to try buy a PL keeper, two which I would like to see us try for would be Forester or Butland. But my first choice would be Ter Stegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

LOAN WATCH

Lloyd Jones (Blackpool) injured
    Vigouroux, Williams, (Swindon Town) Vig full game in 1-1 draw, Williams injured
    Wisdom (Norwich) not in squad as game against parent club
    Markovic (Fenerbache) played full game in 3-1 league win
    Samed Yesil (Lucerne) Winter break played two winter break friendlies
    Taiwo (FSV Frankfurt) played in winter break friendly
    Sergi Canos (Brentford) played half in U19s Spain friendly and last 15 in 1-3 league win
    Balotelli (Milan) played last 25 in 2-2 draw
    Alberto (Deportivo) played full game and assisted Depo goal in 1-1 draw
    Guijic ( Red Star Belgrade) played two friendlies
    Fulton (Portsmouth) played full game in 0-1 defeat but saved penalty which he caused!
    Marsh (Sheffield Wednesday) not in squad
    Allan (Sint-Truidense) played last 15 mins in 2-1 defeat

New names - Ryan Fulton is on loan for rest of sesaon, Will Marsh is on loan for rest of season, Marco Grujic is on loan for rest of the season. Allan on loan for rest of season (some talk about this being a 18 month loan but not confirmed)

LOAN WATCH

Lloyd Jones (Blackpool) injured
    Vigouroux, Williams, (Swindon Town) Vig full game in 1-1 draw, Williams injured
    Wisdom (Norwich) not in squad as game against parent club
    Markovic (Fenerbache) played full game in 3-1 league win
    Samed Yesil (Lucerne) Winter break played two winter break friendlies
    Taiwo (FSV Frankfurt) played in winter break friendly
    Sergi Canos (Brentford) played half in U19s Spain friendly and last 15 in 1-3 league win
    Balotelli (Milan) played last 25 in 2-2 draw
    Alberto (Deportivo) played full game and assisted Depo goal in 1-1 draw
    Guijic ( Red Star Belgrade) played two friendlies
    Fulton (Portsmouth) played full game in 0-1 defeat but saved penalty which he caused!
    Marsh (Sheffield Wednesday) not in squad
    Allan (Sint-Truidense) played last 15 mins in 2-1 defeat

New names - Ryan Fulton is on loan for rest of sesaon, Will Marsh is on loan for rest of season, Marco Grujic is on loan for rest of the season. Allan on loan for rest of season (some talk about this being a 18 month loan but not confirmed)

Harry from your last few Loan Watches I've seen Alberto has got a few goals and assists.

Has anyone seen how he's playing?

Not sure if this is the right place but has anyone seem this? Absolutely shocking

Chelsea fans after a CL game this year by the looks of it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=903043196472789&id=106356299474820

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place but has anyone seem this? Absolutely shocking

Chelsea fans after a CL game this year by the looks of it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=903043196472789&id=106356299474820

What's it got to do with Liverpool?

murpho999 wrote: »
    What's it got to do with Liverpool?

Nothing other than its a soccer matter and occoured after a champions league game.

I saw it earlier and couldn't believe it. No fan should act like that. It's a disgrace to the club.

I know there will always be a small minority but that's the second well documented incident that Chelsea fans have been involved with in as many years.

Can a club be punished for fans behaviour if incidents like this continue to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There is scum supporters at every club, but the Chelsea ones seem to love being filmed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement