Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »
    Benteke is an average striker don't care that he has a decent goalscoring record so did Ricky Lambert & even Grant Holt.
    His strengths don't suit us but I think he would struggle at Chelsea or any other top 5 club in the PL. Way too passive in his game not making any runs or any decent movement just stands looking for his balls & has no left foot either he is too one dimensional. He is low on confidence right now & better than what he is showing but not good enough for a big club.

I just can't work out why Benteke was targeted buy Rodgers after one of his earliest decisions was to end Andy Carroll's Liverpool career.

Granted, he didn't have Suarez anymore, but surely he hadn't changed his 'philosophy'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

His first challenge was a foul, and should have been a pen, even though he got a touch on the ball.
    Naismith then on the ground touched the ball with his hand before Moreno jumped in. As far as Im concerned he jumped to get to Naismith to stop him getting up. If a guy is on the ground, I dont think a defender should be under any obligation to let him up.....Naismith was getting up, albeit quickly, felt the contact, fell down and claimed a pen.

Consider if Moreno was goalside and Naismith went to get up and collided with him......free out all day long.

Plenty will disagree with me, but can someone explain in detail, why it was a pen (the second challenge, not the first)

Im not defending Moreno, his defensive positioning is woeful....and thats being kind to him, but I seriously cant see where the second challenge was a pen

Whether you are defending him or not, it was a stonewall peno, did you see any of the Liverpool players argue the decision? Did you see Moreno argue it? It was possibly the most stupid challenge I've ever seen, absolute madness.

They guy is not up to it, he's been the cause of so many goals since he joined. He's never gonna learn, send him back to Spain and try recoup some of the fee we paid for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Benteke is going to end up like Mario on here!

In fairness he is much better than Mario, but building a team around Benteke doesn't make much sense. Firmino is settling in, Coutinho to come back, both don't look to cross balls much, our FB's aren't great at crossing either apparently, nor Ibe.

Henderson and Milner probably the only ones really suited to him, though Hendo can play both styles.

So basically you are asking the whole team to adjust to Benteke. It's no coincidence that the games we've scored most in didn't feature Benteke or he came on as sub. That's because the team are on the same wavelength without him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

kfallon wrote: »
    Whether you are defending him or not, it was a stonewall peno, did you see any of the Liverpool players argue the decision? Did you see Moreno argue it? It was possibly the most stupid challenge I've ever seen, absolute madness.

They guy is not up to it, he's been the cause of so many goals since he joined. He's never gonna learn, send him back to Spain and try recoup some of the fee we paid for him.

Moron can play on the wing with a proper LB behind him I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »
    I just can't work out why Benteke was targeted buy Rodgers after one of his earliest decisions was to end Andy Carroll's Liverpool career.

Granted, he didn't have Suarez anymore, but surely he hadn't changed his 'philosophy'?

He'd abandoned his initial philosophy about a month after he'd taken over and brought Joe Allen in to be the focal point of it, so it wouldn't be surprising.

I reckon like all of us he just expected more from Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Thats a bit rough, hes a bit daft, Ill give you that

He can in his hole, can't cross his legs! His delivery into the box is woeful.

But I like the typo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

hefferboi wrote: »
    You seriously want us to argue why the second challenge was a penalty? Naismith was getting up and Moreno pushed him in the back and Naismith went down again.

That was as clear cut penalty as you're ever likely to find. I like Moreno and think he has serious talent that others mightn't see but he can be left wanting defensively.

I said it on Saturday and I maintain it now, that was possibly the worst piece of defending I've ever seen at premier league level.

Just watched it again, and I stand corrected......Moreno knees Naismith in the arse as he was getting up....didnt cop that watching live.

5 Assists in all Comps this season would disagree with you.....add that to the fact that he has created more chances than any other full back in the PL....His defensive positioning is shocking but his attacking player is decent at worst

For the record Assists were Carlisle, Southampton (2) in League Cup, Bordeaux and Norwich at home.

Clyne has 1 assist for comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I'm not trying to be a pr1ck but one thing that grates me is when I see posts are we on tv. A quick google search will tell you that, or better still book mark this site.

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

P.S. Don't mind me I'm just cranky this morning.

Or check the live football on tv Thread :P

• Advertisement

5 Assists in all Comps this season would disagree with you.....add that to the fact that he has created more chances than any other full back in the PL....His defensive positioning is shocking but his attacking player is decent at worst

For the record Assists were Carlisle, Southampton (2) in League Cup, Bordeaux and Norwich at home.

Clyne has 1 assist for comparison

Clyne can defend which is what I expect my defenders to do first and foremost.

So Moreno has 1 assist in the Premier League this season? Watch his crossing into the box and his corners/free kick, they are awful. No point being a winger if you get to the endline to hit the first man every time.

As a matter of interest, how many goals have we scored from set plays this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Benteke is a limited striker who will not be able to adapt to what Klopp needs him to do. If we want to be successful we do it Klopps way not Benteke. I'm sick to death of hearing "We dont play to Bentekes strengths", theres a very good reason Klopp doesn't play to his strengths, if we did we'll stay midtable.

Have people not seen enough of him yet? The goals really covers up how poor he is, he doesn't contribute enough, slows down our attack, makes the wrong choices at least half the time. I'd have Firmino start ahead of him every single time.

Benteke is a limited striker who will not be able to adapt to what Klopp needs him to do. If we want to be successful we do it Klopps way not Benteke. I'm sick to death of hearing "We dont play to Bentekes strengths", theres a very good reason Klopp doesn't play to his strengths, if we did we'll stay midtable.

Have people not seen enough of him yet? The goals really covers up how poor he is, he doesn't contribute enough, slows down our attack, makes the wrong choices at least half the time. I'd have Firmino start ahead of him every single time.

Moreno's not as bad as some people make out, people just dislike something about a player and refuse to acknowledge anything good they do.

Sakho, Lucas, Can, Allen, Nervol, Markovic, Flanagan, Benteke, Enrique are all berated by people on here as if they've never contributed anything to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Phil Thomson says we should sign Shawcross...

Yes, and fast track our way to being the most disliked team in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Double post.... ugh

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sakho, Lucas, Can, Allen, Nervol, Markovic, Flanagan, Benteke, Enrique are all berated by people on here as if they've never contributed anything to the club.

And Sturridge...... ;) :P

Vicxas wrote: »
    Phil Thomson says we should sign Shawcross...

Yes, and fast track our way to being the most disliked team in England.

Wouldn't give a bollix if it meant we improved, it's not a popularity contest and tbh being hated often means you're successful!

And Sturridge...... ;) :P

Glad someone else remembers it, cos Knex denies it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shawcross, Caulker and Williams

Just watched it again, and I stand corrected......Moreno knees Naismith in the arse as he was getting up....didnt cop that watching live.

It was actually hilarious, jaw droppingly dumb.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

A young 11 year old Liverpool lad lost his battle with Leukemia recently. He was a regular attendee at Anfield with his Dad. In his memory, the Kop are raising a banner made in his honour and also giving him applause.

Very nice touch

JS81141431.jpg

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-fans-take-part-10789721#ICID=FB-Liv-main

Moreno's not as bad as some people make out, people just dislike something about a player and refuse to acknowledge anything good they do.

Clyne and Henderson will be all that's left next season.

Coutinho is over rated and everybody knew Firmino was crap months ago.

Wait, Clyne can't attack and Hendo is over rated too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

K-9 wrote: »
    It was actually hilarious, jaw droppingly dumb.

Yes, but if we hadn't gone 3-1 down, we would probably have lost 2-1, so... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    A young 11 year old Liverpool lad lost his battle with Leukemia recently. He was a regular attendee at Anfield with his Dad. In his memory, the Kop are raising a banner made in his honour and also giving him applause.

Very nice touch

JS81141431.jpg

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-fans-take-part-10789721#ICID=FB-Liv-main

Massive thumbs up to them for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Very nice touch

JS81141431.jpg

Deserves to be posted in the good side to football thread.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Yes, but if we hadn't gone 3-1 down, we would probably have lost 2-1, so... :)

True, lucky we got our second so quickly too. Nice to be on the receiving end of such generosity for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Very nice touch

JS81141431.jpg

Yeah they mentioned it on TAW yesterday that It was planned for a flag to be raised in memory of the kid & 1 min silence.

Everton did a lovely thing the weekend.
    A heart-warming moment a nine-year-old boy with cerebral palsy fulfilled his dream of scoring a goal for Everton .

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/watch-goodison-goal-joy-brave-10782484

Clyne can defend which is what I expect my defenders to do first and foremost.

So Moreno has 1 assist in the Premier League this season? Watch his crossing into the box and his corners/free kick, they are awful. No point being a winger if you get to the endline to hit the first man every time.

As a matter of interest, how many goals have we scored from set plays this season?

Not many, and given that Moreno is only on set pieces over the last few weeks would say to me that the likes of Milner Coutinho Henderson etc are not able to deliver quality into the box either....yet thats what they are there for

Not many, and given that Moreno is only on set pieces over the last few weeks would say to me that the likes of Milner Coutinho Henderson etc are not able to deliver quality into the box either....yet thats what they are there for

I think he's been on them since Klopp arrived and seems to take all the direct free kicks, not even sure he's hit the target yet with one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Luis Suarez says he'll ONLY join Liverpool if he ever returns to the Premier League
    Luis Suarez has promised he would only ever play for Liverpool if he secured a Premier League return.

And the Barcelona star lavished praise on the Anfield club’s supporters in an interview with ESPN.

Suarez, who won PFA player of the year as a Liverpool player in 2014, said: “You never know what might happen in the future, but if I were to return to England it would only be to play for Liverpool and never for another team.

“I’ve missed the fans. The atmosphere is incredible.

“Everyone that has played for Liverpool knows how important the supporters are. They know that they’re in my heart.’

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-says-hell-only-7248515

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

True but i think that could be worked on and improved much much easier than trying to teach him the job of a lb. i.e. Defending firstly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I think he's been on them since Klopp arrived and seems to take all the direct free kicks, not even sure he's hit the target yet with one!

He wasn't even ready for the one he struck against Norwich the last day. Think it was Henderson who rolled him the ball and he was caught off guard with it. :rolleyes:

Moreno has a lot of power in his shots.......if he had accuracy it would certainly be an asset.....

Luis Suarez says he'll ONLY join Liverpool if he ever returns to the Premier League

That's a 'come and get me' plea if ever I saw one...... :pac:

:confused: Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Very nice touch

JS81141431.jpg

Having an 11 yr old and a 12 yr old, this brings a tear to my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

NukaCola wrote: »
    Moreno has a lot of power in his shots.......if he had accuracy it would certainly be an asset.....

The anti-Riise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Big if. He also has to come back to Ajax don't forget!
    I've always said on one day I will return at Ajax. Even if the manager doesn't want me, I'll go. For sure!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2622677/Luis-Suarez-reveals-wants-play-Ajax-Liverpool-superstar-sings-Martin-Jols-praises.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I remember a cwrtain mr torres saying liverpool were the only club in england he would play for ( in a sense he was right :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

The anti-Riise...

How is that the anti Riise? Riise was the exact same, loads of power in his shots with little accuracy, especially towards the end of his Liverpool career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The anti-Riise...

Greasy frying-pans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

hefferboi wrote: »
    You seriously want us to argue why the second challenge was a penalty? Naismith was getting up and Moreno pushed him in the back and Naismith went down again.

That was as clear cut penalty as you're ever likely to find. I like Moreno and think he has serious talent that others mightn't see but he can be left wanting defensively.

I said it on Saturday and I maintain it now, that was possibly the worst piece of defending I've ever seen at premier league level.

Yeah it was seriously poor defending. Looking at it again it almost seems as though Moreno was determined to give away a penalty in that instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bring 'Louie' home.

We should get a t-shirt campaign going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can's first English interview. Lets all scrutinise livinginkorea's teaching skills, and tell him he's crap.

https://streamable.com/zqwz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Knex. wrote: »
    Bring 'Louie' home.

We should get a t-shirt campaign going.

The funds from the t-shirt sales can pay his transfer fee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Knex. wrote: »
    Can's first English interview. Lets all scrutinise livinginkorea's teaching skills, and tell him he's crap.

https://streamable.com/zqwz

Pretty good, but most Germans would have a decent grasp of English anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

So it looks like Borini is on his way out of Sunderland, that didn't last long!!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/sunderland-offer-10m-plus-fabio-borini-for-swansea-striker-andre-ayew-34397789.html

£10m + Borini for Andre Ayew. Is Ayew that good or is Borini really that bad? (rhetorical question!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So it looks like Borini is on his way out of Sunderland, that didn't last long!!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/sunderland-offer-10m-plus-fabio-borini-for-swansea-striker-andre-ayew-34397789.html

£10m + Borini for Andre Ayew. Is Ayew that good or is Borini really that bad? (rhetorical question!!)

So that a bid of £10,000,001?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That would be a bizarre move, granted they got Ayew on a free, they are in a relegation battle and he's their top scorer :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement