Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There will be a bid for Allen in the summer I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think we should go ahead and pay £35.1m for Teixeira and get the record club signing title off Big Andy.

If Teixeira ends up being a failure at least he is a Brazilian failure not an over priced English big man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

So it looks like Borini is on his way out of Sunderland, that didn't last long!!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/sunderland-offer-10m-plus-fabio-borini-for-swansea-striker-andre-ayew-34397789.html

£10m + Borini for Andre Ayew. Is Ayew that good or is Borini really that bad? (rhetorical question!!)

That's a great deal for Sunderland. Ayew should be setting his sights higher. Would be an odd one if Sunderland go down and Swansea stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I think we should go ahead and pay £35.1m for Teixeira and get the record club signing title off Big Andy.

If Teixeira ends up being a failure at least he is a Brazilian failure not an over priced English big man.

I'd love to hear a Middlesborough fan's rebuttal here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    Can's first English interview. Lets all scrutinise livinginkorea's teaching skills, and tell him he's crap.

https://streamable.com/zqwz

I'd do it, but he wouldn't understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can sounds like he's actually been living in Korea for the last year. Fk sake, livinginkorea...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I wouldn't mind us going to Ayew. Hard working at both ends of the pitch and can find the back of the onion sack.
    He was even willing to come to us before he went to Swansea and we didn't pay him, at least that's what I think he was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Independent reporting that we have had a 10 million pound offer rejected for ter stegen. Barca want 20 million. sick of the low balling just pay the cash and get it done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Suarez: "You never know what will happen in the future."

fúcking prick-tease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

SlickRic wrote: »
    fúcking prick-tease.

hjntiypost1_Large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

ricero wrote: »
    Independent reporting that we have had a 10 million pound offer rejected for ter stegen. Barca want 20 million. sick of the low balling just pay the cash and get it done

Why would Barca accept that? Unless it's a loan fee??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind us going to Ayew. Hard working at both ends of the pitch and can find the back of the onion sack.
    He was even willing to come to us before he went to Swansea and we didn't pay him, at least that's what I think he was saying.

Yeah he's a big Liverpool fan and said that he would give anything to come to us, saying he would even play for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Dickerty wrote: »
    Why would Barca accept that? Unless it's a loan fee??

That's the kind of bid an elite club with CL football to offer could make safe in the knowledge that the player will do the pushing from their end to make the move happen. We're just not in the sort of position to pull that kind of bid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Looking forward to tonight, think we really need to start off on the front foot and get an early goal.
    I would make a few changes, I would have Allen ( think he actually deserves it ) in for Can or Lucas, and possibly Lovren ( never thought I would say it ) starting instead of Toure, but only if he is 100% fit. I would also start Lallana instead of Ibe, who I personally think is not going to make it anywhere, he seems headless, and never seems to pick correct ball, very poor final ball when he does. I know he is young but even at this stage he should be showing some signs of improvement and I really don't see it and don't see what he brings to the team at all.
    If we let them score first I think we could be in trouble, because if we are relying on Benteke to come on and be the saviour Stoke will be delighted even with Shawcross out.
    Our style of play with Firmino, Lallana etc. would not be suited up against Stoke defending deep, and they would be looking to hold out and score against us from the inevitable set piece.
    I would also be worried about Moreno up against Walters if Walters starts in terms of strength and long balls.
    So I think a quick start, early goal and good performance and we should hold out under pressure at the end, 2-1 win for the pool, Firmino and Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Re: ter Stegen, The Independent are quoting The Mirror who don't appear to have mentioned it today. I think this is a rehash of a rumour from the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

JB81 wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight, think we really need to start off on the front foot and get an early goal.
    I would make a few changes, I would have Allen ( think he actually deserves it ) in for Can or Lucas, and possibly Lovren ( never thought I would say it ) starting instead of Toure, but only if he is 100% fit. I would also start Lallana instead of Ibe, who I personally think is not going to make it anywhere, he seems headless, and never seems to pick correct ball, very poor final ball when he does. I know he is young but even at this stage he should be showing some signs of improvement and I really don't see it and don't see what he brings to the team at all.
    If we let them score first I think we could be in trouble, because if we are relying on Benteke to come on and be the saviour Stoke will be delighted even with Shawcross out.
    Our style of play with Firmino, Lallana etc. would not be suited up against Stoke defending deep, and they would be looking to hold out and score against us from the inevitable set piece.
    I would also be worried about Moreno up against Walters if Walters starts in terms of strength and long balls.
    So I think a quick start, early goal and good performance and we should hold out under pressure at the end, 2-1 win for the pool, Firmino and Henderson.
    He is 20 ffs. Has alot of raw ability to work with. I think under Klopp he can improve alot. Be best used as an impact sub atm but way too early to complete write him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Match thread up, think its my first. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

It will not be up to us to come out and attack Stoke by over-loading on the flanks, the onus will be on Stoke to equalize and go from there. This being the case I think we could do with Ibe's pace to enhance our counter-attacking possibilities. I agree with you that he has been muck, but he has also had good games too.. I reckon we should give him a go.
    Will be interesting to see if we can control the game with possession if we do have that lead in the second half. It's not something we have done well thus far.

• Advertisement

:D kwality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

rob316 wrote: »

Good luck man , bot could have chosen better than s cold , wet tuesday night against stoke :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not really the night the be taking chances. Severe lack of graphics too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ah jaysus......no point watching this one.......thanks a lot guy...;)

Actually my first waa the ill fated international champions cup final against united :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Actually my first waa the ill fated international champions cup final against united :(

Its your first semi though? Ba dum tisshh.......

heh..still got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I would also start Lallana instead of Ibe, who I personally think is not going to make it anywhere, he seems headless, and never seems to pick correct ball, very poor final ball when he does. I know he is young but even at this stage he should be showing some signs of improvement and I really don't see it and don't see what he brings to the team at all.

So I understand why you would be frustrated with him. Early on in games he'll shift on to his right foot and run for the byline then by the second half the full back has adjusted to his movement and pace and will be positioned to thwart him each time rendering him useless. So there I agree he needs variety.

What he brings to the team is important however. Look at the Exeter game. It's clear that he was told to hug the touchline. Very deliberate plan by Klopp to completely stretch them. I reckon if he plays a part tonight it will be the same job. And watch what the team do when he's in that position. Instead of the Barca/Arsenal style of passing around the middle until the opposing team make a mistake, the way we've set up recently in periods of the game is very quickly and precisely move the ball from right to left and back to right and left again. As quickly as possible without hoofing diagonals we pass all the way across the pitch to Ibe who is all the way out there, has a go at the defender then pass inside and quickly work it out to Moreno on the other touchline who does the same. That creates the space as the opposition are stretched and that's where the space in the middle opens up.

I've noticed it a couple of times recently and I can see it being effective. You really need disciplined players who will stay out there and have a go at beating a player when they get it. Clyne covers as the CB's move left as Moreno goes up and Ibe is stationed out there.

Not a plan for every game - away matches on smaller pitches or teams with good fit fullbacks - but what Ibe gives us is that ability to play a really wide high tempo attack that doesn't necessarily have to result in a cross like most wide players, but is primarily aimed at using pace of players and passing to stretch teams and create gaps in the middle.

In short what he gives us is another option. And in what I've just described, he's the best player at the club right now to play that role

So I guess everyone wants Mignolet dropped tonight for Bogdan again since he can't be any worse.

• Advertisement

Boggers didn't have a thing to do in last nights U21 so he'll be up for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

So I guess everyone wants Mignolet dropped tonight for Bogdan again since he can't be any worse.

Same keeper as first leg please

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We should give Ward a run out if Mignolet doesn't improve though and we don't sign Stegen (which I don't think we will).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Not sure what Allen has to do to get a game, he's played well whenever he's been on this season, and Can has been fairly pants lately, disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Where is rarnes lately. Haven't seen him on in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

niallo27 wrote: »
    Where is rarnes lately. Haven't seen him on in a while.

He's still around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah I see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Anyone who thinks Moreno's crossing is decent to good should take a look at his cross from tonight's game at minute 38.54 and rethink their opinion. Brad Smith's crossing is far superior.

Great defending from moreno again. Just drop him he's absolutely useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Playing against a midfield of Whelan and Bojan, and we keep trying long balls. Wtf is wrong with this midfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great ball by Moreno for the chance Flanagan f*cked up there. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Moreno will be on his way back to Spain soon enough, i'd say. We can't be putting up with that nonsense at left back. He's a liability. Brad Smith and match fit Jon Flanagan should be ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

monkey9 wrote: »
    Moreno will be on his way back to Spain soon enough, i'd say. We can't be putting up with that nonsense at left back. He's a liability. Brad Smith and match fit Jon Flanagan should be ahead of him.

Brad Smith has done well attacking, but we've yet to see him really tested in defense. Until we see that, we've nothing to base him being an improvement on Moreno over. Smith and Flanagan as our only options at left back would leave us woefully exposed there. If Moreno leaves, he has to be replaced by a new better player.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Moreno needs to have a break. Promises much, delivers nothing ,Offers nothing really.
    Watch him score the winner now!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Moreno needs to have a break. Promises much, delivers nothing ,Offers nothing really.
    Watch him score the winner now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Always nice to see Charlie Adams grace the hallowed anfield turf again. I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Mignolet just made a save, things are looking up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Really hope Joe Allen is retained and offered a new deal. He's a top pro and gives everything.

Does the simple things well.

He slayed the Zombie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Whoop! Great saves by Mingolet.

Benteke's was pure class.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement