Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Credit to Mignolet, fantastic save against Muniesa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Joe motherfuckin Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Joe Allen needed to dink that peno down the middle to complete his transformation into Welsh Pirlo. Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Really hope Joe Allen is retained and offered a new deal. He's a top pro and gives everything.

Does the simple things well.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'll tell you this I'd love to know why Liverpool are so dammed brilliant at shoot outs and yet so crap while reaching them! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Joe Allen is really making the subs bench his own this season.

It'll be a travesty if Allen doesn't start in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Kerrigooney:

350x700px-LL-bbde5c4a_filepicker_lwJ01F4HSoiw7lqxen5a_denzel.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mig was excellent for the peno's........Tekkers peno was awesome too.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It'll be a travesty if Allen doesn't start in the final.

No it wouldn't. He's now our Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!!! Only player we have to come off the bench and score!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I'd rather start Joe over Milner or Can at the moment. Top pro who's in great form at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

1 cup final reached still in 2 more cups and maybe a chance at the top 4 near the end of Jan with a bang average squad not bad at all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We've ground it out since the Carlisle game, delighted to be there. Great to see the reaction from players, management and fans at the end there. We can be a cup team lads, 2000 / 1 was arguably the best season I experienced as a Liverpool fan. You've got to grind it out and we've been doing that in the cups under Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We're so fúcking easy to play against.

We don't threaten in behind. We've no mobile focal point who can stretch the game. If you match our work rate, you always have a chance if your shape is good.

I can't wait for this team to be given the overhaul it needs. Tonight was further evidence that the balance is all wrong.

Delighted for Mig.

Deserves all the criticism recently but great to see him be a hero tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Hope its Everton in the final...

We gave a pretty gutsy performance.

Not the heights you'd hope that we'd reach, but we certainly didn't deserve to concede that goal or any others, really.

We defended quite well.

Stoke were the ones whom the onus was on to attack, so it's hardly surprising they were the ones tending to push the most for large periods. We kept them at bay fairly handily.
    Given our recent efforts, our defence on set pieces were fairly decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Boom!! Finals and trophies is exactly what football is about!

****ing love it!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nice for Mig. Might give hime some much needed confidence. Delighted for Allen, fast becoming a very important option as distinct from a lightweight squad player.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Boom!! Finals and trophies is exactly what football is about!

****ing love it!!!

And it won't be some embarrassing piss-take against lower league opponents.

The final will be all the better for having some proper opposition.
    We'll play better, it'll have more tension, the quality of the game will be better and it'll actually feel like an achievement if we win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just what we need a bloody extra game it's not like we are playing enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Gbear wrote: »
    And it won't be some embarrassing piss-take against lower league opponents.

The final will be all the better for having some proper opposition.
    We'll play better, it'll have more tension, the quality of the game will be better and it'll actually feel like an achievement when we win.

Fixed that for ya! :D

We've a cup final in Klopp's first season. Get Teixeira in now and go for it.

We've a cup final in Klopp's first season. Get Teixeira in now and go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SlickRic wrote: »

We don't threaten in behind. We've no mobile focal point who can stretch the game. If you match our work rate, you always have a chance if your shape is good.

I can't wait for this team to be given the overhaul it needs. Tonight was further evidence that the balance is all wrong.

It's maddening...when Firmino is there making runs, noone looks for the sneaky ball through. When he's out trying to slip the ball through, noone makes the runs for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hate penalties, i hate them. I spent them getting the little fellas lunch ready for tomorrow and I still ran in for every penalty.

Im a masochist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hope its Everton in the final...

Strange thing is that City's style might suit us better as lesser teams seem to be able to stop us playing.

Also, City have a CL game on the Wednesday before so that might help us.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It's maddening...when Firmino is there making runs, noone looks for the sneaky ball through. When he's out trying to slip the ball through, noone makes the runs for him.

I think it shows the limits of Henderson's game.

He can be a decent playmaker when there's space or if you're not expecting outrageous passes, but he's not good enough to be the sole provider.

Is it really so much to ask for a few of our attacking players back?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Imagine this season with a fit Sturridge, Ings, Origi and say Alex Teixeira. That's what we have to pin the hopes on ultimately. If you have no strikers who can move and dart and prod and poke you are going to have problems.

That said tonight the real issue was actually in midfield - Hendo was rank, Can is tired and Lucas is a DM.

Can't wait for Origi to get back, was playing really well before his injury. He's raw but he's the kind of striker that works with this team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Give Joe Allen his new contract now!

He plays with the determination and calmness that is missing from about half our players and has dug us out of some holes in his last few games.

An important player to have in the squad and, IMO, should be starting ATM. We have games where we look nervous, jittery on the ball and he counters that. Simple passes, not always the most effective but usually, calm and clever football.

Delighted to be in the final, can't wait. I just hope the Liverpool who smashed City, Chelsea and Southampton shows up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Give Joe Allen his new contract now!

He plays with the determination and calmness that is missing from about half our players and has dug us out of some holes in his last few games.

An important player to have in the squad and, IMO, should be starting ATM. We have games where we look nervous, jittery on the ball and he counters that. Simple passes, not always the most effective but usually, calm and clever football.

Delighted to be in the final, can't wait. I just hope the Liverpool who smashed City, Chelsea and Southampton shows up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

murpho999 wrote: »
    Strange thing is that City's style might suit us better as lesser teams seem to be able to stop us playing.

We're on a decent run of results with Everton alright though, haven't lost to them in 5 years, 12 games ago. Under Hodgson typically enough.

Love that from Klopp

"Man City or Everton, I don't care, we will win the cup"

Love that from Klopp

"Man City or Everton, I don't care, we will win the cup"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Brendan Rodgers was holding Joe Allen back. I'm convinced of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Close call with the match thread. Leave it to the professionals next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Loved the Klopp interview. He really hammers home every opportunity he gets that he wants the fans to be a big part of his/this project.

Bold statement saying we will win it but feck it he has be believing now :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »

We have a EL game on the Thursday. I don't think having a day less rest will be an advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Great to be back in a final again regardless of the issues we have within this Liverpool team. Confidence can sort out some of these though... hopefully:o Delighted for Lucas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

CZriNIzWwAAXHoe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Henderson is actually a real issue now IMO. He doesn't dictate. He doesn't pass particularly well. He doesn't shoot particularly well. He just runs a lot.

The lad needs to get his act together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done on getting to final. Cup final is a Cup final at end of day.

Now feck off picking LVG to stay in United thread poll :pac:

Brendan Rodgers was holding Joe Allen back. I'm convinced of it.

His performances haven't been the problem.

His issues are that his job is fairly redundant because he's quite a limited player and he gets injured too often.

When fit he's great at doing what he does, but that seldom involves creating goals, scoring goals, stopping goals going in, beating up other midfieds. He's not fast. He's not strong.

He's smart. He's an efficient passer. He's good at keeping hold of possession. It's a bit of a small niche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Thought sakho was great, a badly needed performance given he has not been great lately. Could nitpick the game now but feck it we're off to wembley !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Henderson is actually a real issue now IMO. He doesn't dictate. He doesn't pass particularly well. He doesn't shoot particularly well. He just runs a lot.

He's grand when he's not seen as the main man, when you're looking for him to be the midfield general you're in trouble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Yeah.

What a tosser. He can't string a bunch of brilliant performances together (after being largely excellent against Arsenal and Utd) after being injured for nearly the entire season.

For shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well done on getting to final. Cup final is a Cup final at end of day.

Now feck off picking LVG to stay in United thread poll :pac:

There's a poll - I'll be right back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gbear wrote: »
    His performances haven't been the problem.

His issues are that his job is fairly redundant because he's quite a limited player and he gets injured too often.

When fit he's great at doing what he does, but that seldom involves creating goals, scoring goals, stopping goals going in, beating up other midfieds. He's not fast. He's not strong.

He's smart. He's an efficient passer. He's good at keeping hold of possession. It's a bit of a small niche.

Yes he is and that's vital because we seem to have quite a few brainless footballers. The injuries are a problem,yes. He needs to be starting games now because for the last month or so every time he's been on the pitch he's been our best player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement