Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Thought Ian Ayre would by still in the US. Looking very happy with that result.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/692124448095207424

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gbear wrote: »
    Yeah.

What a tosser. He can't string a bunch of brilliant performances together (after being largely excellent against Arsenal and Utd) after being injured for nearly the entire season.

For shame.

I think he's still injured...something's not right with him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

CZrnPm6WcAIk4Q7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There's a poll - I'll be right back ;)

I can't seem to find it, any sign of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Close call with the match thread. Leave it to the professionals next time.

I can't tell if my curse is over or not either... I mean... we lost the game, but we also won.

I am in a state of purgatory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Suarez against Spurs on SS1 now, that front post outside of the boot finish...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Well done on getting to final. Cup final is a Cup final at end of day.

Now feck off picking LVG to stay in United thread poll :pac:

Theres a poll on LVG, :) Thanks for the update, must head over there now, I was locked out the last day or so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Glico Man wrote: »
    I can't tell if my curse is over or not either... I mean... we lost the game, but we also won.

I am in a state of purgatory.

Make sure your working for the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

bur wrote: »
    Suarez against Spurs on SS1 now, that front post outside of the boot finish...

Johnson falling over himself at the back post to allow Vertonghen to score a 2nd.

I really miss Johnson ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Our penalties were all very good bar the obvious, Allen and Lucas really stepped up when it mattered. Thought Flanagan had a good game, nice to see him back and fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Delighted. Simple as that. Over 2 legs, we battered them away and were pretty poor tonight. But didn't concede a setpiece so i guess that's the silver lining - especially against a team designed to bomb high balls in.

War a poor game, we are lacking creativity, cutting edge, have trouble breaking down 9/10 players behind the ball. But bare in mind we are still missing a fit Coutinho. So **** it i'll take that for now.

Couple things that jumped out at me tonight :
    - Klopp eating Moreno alive on the sideline when he was slow to track back.
    - Flanagan had a bit of a mare really, only back from injury but badly needs games to get match fitness.
    - Can go on about Benteke all we like but the amount of times we get down the flanks quite easily and do not deliver the ball into the box after 5/6 more passes inside gets annoying after a while.
    - Ibe is our most frustrating player to me, doesn't quite know if he's a winger, keeps cutting inside, refuses to cross the ball, then was super lazy when tracking back allowing the left full to drift past him in the last 5 mins. Was lucky it didn't cost us. I'd love to see him with a bit more fire in the belly.

Of course, that aside, Cup Final on the cards ;))))

Speed of boards back to normal

Adam scoring that winner last Saturday and the celebration

LVG continuing the decline of the other lot

Lucas 300th appearance

Mig looking like a real top class number one tonight

Back in a Wembley Final

Not a bad few days :):):)

Speed of boards back to normal

Adam scoring that winner last Saturday and the celebration

LVG continuing the decline of the other lot

Lucas 300th appearance

Mig looking like a real top class number one tonight

Back in a Wembley Final

Not a bad few days :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Put your fcuking ace of hearts on that son...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SlickRic wrote: »
    We're so fúcking easy to play against.

We don't threaten in behind. We've no mobile focal point who can stretch the game. If you match our work rate, you always have a chance if your shape is good.

I can't wait for this team to be given the overhaul it needs. Tonight was further evidence that the balance is all wrong.

I don't want to be negative on a night like this, but just before the end of August I asked the question about how the squad was shaping up in terms of structure and depth. The problem is that - to some extent - it's hard to assess the quality or effectiveness of some players because they are having to be deployed in ways that really don't seem to suit who they are.

There's a BBC documentary on the Liverpool sides of the 80's in which Paisley is interviewed and he basically talks about buying players to fit the system and that they would tell to players they had signed that 'don't worry about what you think your position is, if we've signed you you'll fit in to what we're doing'. The team we deployed this evening had no pace, no width and no obvious focal point. But what can Klopp do? I'm struggling to think of an eleven that would work from the current squad so long as Sturridge is unavailable (and he won't be by the looks of things).

That's why February 28th may just be a defining game for Klopp's reign. I know that sounds silly, but a trophy under the belt would make a huge difference and allow a bit of psychological breathing room ahead of a very busy summer window and a likely settling in period to begin the new year. It may also take the pressure off the players in later FA Cup or Europa League fixtures assuming we're still involved at that stage.

Bottom line though for me, is we're still demonstrating an ability to win games despite all these problems. Tonight was a good night. Stoke were unlucky - they're a good tough side and Hughes has done well with them. We should be happy, but ultimately until we start unwinding the structural disrepair this squad was left in we are bound to be inconsistent in terms of results and performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Poor Flanagan was legless come the end. Hope we don't need to play him on Saturday. Ease him back in, great having someone with a bit of steel back there.

How'd we end in Anfield road end and going second? Like we lost 2 tosses :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

5starpool wrote: »
    We have a EL game on the Thursday. I don't think having a day less rest will be an advantage.

Still think we have the advantage as we're at home to FC Augsburg, and I think we can rest some players for that and there is no travelling.

City, on the other hand, must play away to Dynamo Kiev, and they are under pressure to do well in Europe and should field a full team in that and then have to travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Besides Allen's winning peno, the best bit was when Lucas put his penalty away and them whacked it in again to wind up the Stoke fans behind the goal who was giving him stick. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

flanagan at LB and Clyne at RB will help sure up the defence a bit. They wont offer a lot going forward but I think for now we need to try stabalise the back line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

murpho999 wrote: »
    Still think we have the advantage as we're at home to FC Augsburg, and I think we can rest some players for that and there is no travelling.

City, on the other hand, must play away to Dynamo Kiev, and they are under pressure to do well in Europe and should field a full team in that and then have to travel.

We'll probably have two penalty shoot outs that week :)

She probably thinks John's bringing her to a tennis tournament in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think Augsburg is a tough enough tie tbh. I wouldn't take anything lightly given the record of this group of players in European competition.

Well done on getting to final. Cup final is a Cup final at end of day.

Now feck off picking LVG to stay in United thread poll :pac:

Hope he gets the Hibs job next. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

martyos121 wrote: »
    I can't seem to find it, any sign of it?

Nope can't see it on the mobile site. Will check in work tomorrow. I did spot someone mentioning the results, looks like Pro F has one vote to be next manager !!

I think we all owe it to Pro F to get him the job. Lads if you get a moment kindly vote for him. If not LVG would be a good second choice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

We have a EL game on the Thursday. I don't think having a day less rest will be an advantage.

If it's Everton they'll have no midweek game at all so we'd have 5 days less rest than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

monkey9 wrote: »
    Besides Allen's winning peno, the best bit was when Lucas put his penalty away and them whacked it in again to wind up the Stoke fans behind the goal who was giving him stick. :D

Showing them who's Boss!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think Augsburg is a tough enough tie tbh. I wouldn't take anything lightly given the record of this group of players in European competition.

You could be right I would still make us favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Play some of the Academy kids against West Ham.

Ward
    Clyne--Lovren--Ilori--Smith
    Stewart
    Branagan--Allen
    -Ojo----Benteke----Ibe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No Tex?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

****ing great stuff. A cup final is fantastic. The team is in the ****e so we need to sort it out by then.

Any word on Coutinho and Origi?

Will be heading over for that final if anyone has ears of any tickets ")

****ing great stuff. A cup final is fantastic. The team is in the ****e so we need to sort it out by then.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's also possible City (if indeed we do play them) win the home leg comfortably and can afford to rest players while we have no breathing room to rest players v Augsberg. Actually that is more likely I'd say.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ward
    Stewart
    Branagan--Allen
    -Ojo----Benteke----Ibe

I'll be furious if we do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

gafferino wrote: »

Origi is due back in a couple of weeks (or about 5 games the way things are going), Coutinho a bit longer I think.

Liverpool fc have played more games than any other top level side in Europe - 36

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Delighted. Simple as that. Over 2 legs, we battered them away and were pretty poor tonight. But didn't concede a setpiece so i guess that's the silver lining - especially against a team designed to bomb high balls in.

War a poor game, we are lacking creativity, cutting edge, have trouble breaking down 9/10 players behind the ball. But bare in mind we are still missing a fit Coutinho. So **** it i'll take that for now.

Couple things that jumped out at me tonight :
    - Klopp eating Moreno alive on the sideline when he was slow to track back.
    - Flanagan had a bit of a mare really, only back from injury but badly needs games to get match fitness.
    - Can go on about Benteke all we like but the amount of times we get down the flanks quite easily and do not deliver the ball into the box after 5/6 more passes inside gets annoying after a while.
    - Ibe is our most frustrating player to me, doesn't quite know if he's a winger, keeps cutting inside, refuses to cross the ball, then was super lazy when tracking back allowing the left full to drift past him in the last 5 mins. Was lucky it didn't cost us. I'd love to see him with a bit more fire in the belly.

Of course, that aside, Cup Final on the cards ;))))
    I like Ibe. But he is too lazy & switches off way too much. Its as if he freezes at times. I get the feeling he gets very nervous during games.

Ward
    Stewart
    Branagan--Allen
    -Ojo----Benteke----Ibe

Emmm no. Let's try winning some trophies this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ya but it's better than Everton who presumably will have a week's rest before the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I dont mean to be a buzzkill but i think if everyone was honest they would say we need about 5 players and several exits. Things have fallen nicely over the last week but we lost at home to a sh1te United team and to Stoke over 90 minutes.

We also let Norwich score 4 against us, NORWICH.

This team needs an injection of experience, physical strength and a couple of natural leaders.

Now, as you were. Dont mind me, i just had to say the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Actually thought Benteke did well after he came on. Held the ball up well and brought others into play.

daithijjj wrote: »
    I dont mean to be a buzzkill but i think if everyone was honest they would say we need about 5 players and several exits. Things have fallen nicely over the last week but we lost at home to a sh1te United team and to Stoke over 90 minutes.

This team needs an injection of experience, physical strength and a couple of natural leaders.

Agreed. The team have been very poor of late and are hamming it together really. Some good individual stuff but no team cohesiveness. Coutinho, Origi and dare I say it, Sturridge would make a huge difference.
    Regardless a clear out and upgrading is needed come summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Actually thought Benteke did well after he came on. Held the ball up well and brought others into play.

His penalty was gorgeous aswell; so calm and confident. Honestly thought he would miss.

daithijjj wrote: »

Well yeah, we know that. You could have said that earlier today. Or yesterday. But you chose tonight to say it, just after we reach a cup final.

I think you DID mean to be a buzzkill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On a positive, if deluded note, there's a universe in which Lovren/Skrtel, Sakho, Origi, Sturridge and Coutinho all get settled into the first team after time off, refreshed fit and firing, and lead us to a great final few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Banner to put things into perspective

2q3n8u9.jpg

Sturridge to light up Wembley with a hat trick against the blues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

monkey9 wrote: »
    Well yeah, we know that. You could have said that earlier today. Or yesterday. But you chose tonight to say it, just after we reach a cup final.

I think you DID mean to be a buzzkill.

I did say it earlier today and yesterday actually, just not on boards. I must remember to qualify all my views on boards first and not just over a few scoops in the boozer. Sorry about that.

The only real highlight for me, apart from getting to the final, was Flanagan's return. Sooner Clyne gets fit we can play him on the left because Moreno is a 'looney tune' footballer. A tad harsh maybe but whats the lad doing in the center circle giving Bojan more real estate than NAMA to run into for their goal?!.

Anyway, would be nice to get Everton in the final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement