Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Does he say Liverpool at all in the interview......Teixeira that is. The subtitles say "it would be an honour to defend the Liverpool shirt" but I dont actually hear him say Liverpool............seems like a strange interview and probably a stitch up?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We've no reason not to get Teixeira now if the quotes are to be believed. Meet the asking price and take him. £38m is a lot for a player but he's got massive amounts of ability and it's not often we'll find a player this good who actually wants to join us.

We've no reason not to get Teixeira now if the quotes are to be believed. Meet the asking price and take him. £38m is a lot for a player but he's got massive amounts of ability and it's not often we'll find a player this good who actually wants to join us.

Plus Andy "If I was 5'8 I'd be on the dole" Carroll wont be our record signing anymore......for that reason alone we should go for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

if we dont sign him this window and he continues his form throughout the rest of the season then we have no chance. Can see us leaving this too late and making a desperate bid on deadline day and that being rejected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That interview tells me the move is even more unlikely to happen. He can confess his love to Liverpool as much as he wants, nothing will happen unless Liverpool pay up. £38m sounds like a huge chunk of change but when that PL deal kicks in next season you will be surprised how many clubs could meet that amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pay the money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It seems his weekly wage would be around £45k a week so like others have said pay the £38m we are not going to be killed on wages with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No appearances for Brazil at the age of 26, I suppose he'd have a lot of competition but still you would think he'd be capped in a friendly by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

It seems his weekly wage would be around £45k a week so like others have said pay the £38m we are not going to be killed on wages with this one.

Where are you getting that from? It seems odd to me that he would not command much higher wages elsewhere, if he is half as good as we hope he is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

How good is this chap? i know the aul youtube clips can make anyone look good. Has anyone actually seen him play a full game?

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    No appearances for Brazil at the age of 26, I suppose he'd have a lot of competition but still you would think he'd be capped in a friendly by now.

I thought the same but the players don't get any exposure in that part of Europe. Willian barely got a look in at Brazil till he moved to Chelsea, Douglas Costa same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

jones wrote: »
    How good is this chap? i know the aul youtube clips can make anyone look good. Has anyone actually seen him play a full game?

I've played a few games of FIFA as Shaktar extensively and obsessively scouted him down to every last detail, and I can confirm that he is indeed, boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Every transfer window passes and with each i become more and more bemused by FSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rob316 wrote: »
    I thought the same but the players don't get any exposure in that part of Europe. Willian barely got a look in at Brazil till he moved to Chelsea, Douglas Costa same.

Yeah maybe.

I'll have to watch a few youtube videos now and see what he's like.

garra wrote: »
    Where are you getting that from? It seems odd to me that he would not command much higher wages elsewhere, if he is half as good as we hope he is..
    To qualify automatically, Teixeira would need to have played 30 per cent or more of games for Brazil, ranked sixth in the world by Fifa, in the last two years. Having never played for Brazil, he fails in that regard.
    Were Liverpool to agree a deal for Teixeira, his application would go in front of the FA-appointed “Exceptions Panel”. That committee will make a decision largely based on a points system introduced by FA chairman Greg Dyke's taskforce to ensure that only the better standard of non-EU players are granted Home Office work permits

That means the higher his transfer fee and the higher his wages, relative to other Premier League players, the more points he will score – up to three in both categories. It is understood that Teixeira, a £25 million-plus player who would command around £45,000-a-week, should earn five points from a possible six in that regard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/12114069/Liverpool-hopeful-of-completing-Alex-Teixeira-transfer.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shakhtar have sold a few players around Europe last few seasons & they have nearky all been huge successes Willian,Mkhitaryan,Costa & Fernandinho.
    38m really isn't much considering we sold Sterling for 50m & the new TV deal.

If he continues to score others will be in for him in the summer and we wont stand a chance........if he eases off scoring he'll likely go for about 6-8m less anyway realistically.....I'd like to think if Klopp really wanted him we'd pay the money.....

1116_10205236755536831_7048357901556205148_n.jpg?oh=4cb86f6be0717ee2e9d03da06a47f020&oe=57274CE2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

If that's the case his agent should be shot. No way a player valued at €50m should be on half the wages Glen Johnson was on last year or Adebayor is on sitting on his ar$e in London.

The average wage throughout the entire PL is £44k a week (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-highest-earners-manchester-united-captain-wayne-rooney-leads-the-way-but-only-one-10496562.html) and at City the average is £95k a week.

No way he's signing for £45k a week and if he does it won't be long before he fires his agent and agitates for a wage in line with comparably valued players. Sterling is on £180k a week FFS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Didn't get my hopes up with this one. Ukrainian clubs are notoriously difficult to negotiate with and Shakhtar are wealthy enough to demand whatever they like and they rate the player himself as being on a par with Douglas Costa. Pity as the player wants to come. No doubt he'll be off to Chelsea or somewhere come the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ayre needs to get on that Harley pronto....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

If that is true 38mill could prove to be a snip. Over the course of a 5 year contract that would easily be a saving of over 10mill on a regular signing of that value and presumably he will only get a raise if has settled in well and is performing to a high level, at which point no one will care what his fee was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Story of our fcuking lives

BfY0CDRCMAAqxtk.jpg

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    1116_10205236755536831_7048357901556205148_n.jpg?oh=4cb86f6be0717ee2e9d03da06a47f020&oe=57274CE2

Is this pic gonna be a daily thing now or what? I mean you posted it 7 minutes late for the Angelus!! :confused:

mormank wrote: »
    If that is true 38mill could prove to be a snip. Over the course of a 5 year contract that would easily be a saving of over 10mill on a regular signing of that value and presumably he will only get a raise if has settled in well and is performing to a high level, at which point no one will care what his fee was.

Even if its out by £10/5k that's not killer wages and if turns out to be a rockstar like Suarez his wages will increase pretty quickly.

When Suarez first came to the club he started on very low wages compared to the rest of the squad.

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    Is this pic gonna be a daily thing now or what? I mean you posted it 7 minutes late for the Angelus!! :confused:

BONG :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Shakhtar are wealthy enough to demand whatever they like and they rate the player himself as being on a par with Douglas Costa.

They sold Costa for £23m-odd, they must rate Teixeira more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If this deal doesn't go through I'll be turbo pissed

8-10 wrote: »
    They sold Costa for £23m-odd, they must rate Teixeira more

Or they want to make up money they lost on that Costa deal :P

Even if its out by £10/5k that's not killer wages and if turns out to be a rockstar like Suarez his wages will increase pretty quickly.

When Suarez first came to the club he started on very low wages compared to the rest of the squad.

Agreed. People will only ever bring up the fee if he is a failure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City or Everton in the final? I'd prefer City even though it means one end of Wemberly will be largely empty :p I think it would suit Liverpool to be the underdog and City will try and play lots of football which suits Klopp whereas Everton even under Martinez will try to keep it tight I think - local pride and all that. City willl view the LC as the least important trophy this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Another team are gonna swoop in with a wad of cash and take him from under our nose.

It's the Liverpool way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

MD1990 wrote: »
    Shakhtar have sold a few players around Europe last few seasons & they have nearky all been huge successes Willian,Mkhitaryan,Costa & Fernandinho.
    38m really isn't much considering we sold Sterling for 50m & the new TV deal.

Forget Teixeira, sign Shakhtar's scouts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

While I'm sure there are game-theory related reasons to not want to be bent over a barrel for players, in the immediate future, spending an extra 6-7m on this lad will at worst cost us some irrelevant squad player and regardless, he'd probably be the difference between 7th and 5th and the extra prize money alone would nearly cover the extra expense.

If his wages really are that low, it's worth a bash.

Even if it doesn't work out, I really have no problem in wasting money in trying to buy proven goalscorers. Even Benteke, and his reasonably good goal tally prove the worth of it.

Milkers wrote: »
    Forget Teixeira, sign Shakhtar's scouts!

Isn't it true tho that Ukraine doesn't have the same restrictions on visas for players as England and therefore are more easily able to scoop up potential stars from South America than we would be able to anyway? So having their scouts wouldn't be as fruitful as you might think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Just had a look at our 15 most expensive signings ever there. http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ListTop15Bought.aspx

We could really do with a few more successes in the big money deals! Suarez, Torres, Mascherano all unqualified successes, Henderson became captain so we'll put that in the plus pile. Lallana and Lovren have a chance of success, Firmino is a likely success (IMO), Benteke and Markovic have an outside chance of success mainly because they're still on the books, and Keane, Downing, Balotelli, Aquilani and Carroll all failures. Im reluctant to put Glen Johnson in the failures bucket because he was a first team player for about 7 seasons, but he's not one i'll remember fondly!!

I'll confess to never having seen Teixeira outside highlights packages in Champions League round-up shows so I don't really have a place in this debate, other than the fact that it's always exciting to throw around lots of cash. Usually very exciting, then very disappointing actually...

Just had a look at our 15 most expensive signings ever there. http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ListTop15Bought.aspx

We could really do with a few more successes in the big money deals! Suarez, Torres, Mascherano all unqualified successes, Henderson became captain so we'll put that in the plus pile. Lallana and Lovren have a chance of success, Firmino is a likely success (IMO), Benteke and Markovic have an outside chance of success mainly because they're still on the books, and Keane, Downing, Balotelli, Aquilani and Carroll all failures. Im reluctant to put Glen Johnson in the failures bucket because he was a first team player for about 7 seasons, but he's not one i'll remember fondly!!

I'll confess to never having seen Teixeira outside highlights packages in Champions League round-up shows so I don't really have a place in this debate, other than the fact that it's always exciting to throw around lots of cash. Usually very exciting, then very disappointing actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

NukaCola wrote: »
    Does he say Liverpool at all in the interview......Teixeira that is. The subtitles say "it would be an honour to defend the Liverpool shirt" but I dont actually hear him say Liverpool............seems like a strange interview and probably a stitch up?....

He shortens it to "Liver" is what I hear.

Also he mentions Coutinho, seems genuine to me.

What else would he be talking about?

If Liverpool want him and he is as good as they reckon then they should just pay up. A successful transfer is a bigger return on investment than some of the poorer cheaper ones they have done.

He'll be signed by somebody else in the summer if he doesn't come now.

City or Everton in the final? I'd prefer City even though it means one end of Wemberly will be largely empty :p I think it would suit Liverpool to be the underdog and City will try and play lots of football which suits Klopp whereas Everton even under Martinez will try to keep it tight I think - local pride and all that. City willl view the LC as the least important trophy this season.

I'd prefer City as it would lead to more double gameweeks for players in Fantasy Football. ;)

I don't know why I'm even posting this but reports now he has unexpectedly left the training camp in florida to return to Brazil. Could be something in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If we don't get Tex, I think we'll regret not going for a loan move for Pato earlier in the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    If we don't get Tex, I think we'll regret not going for a loan move for Pato earlier in the window.

A loan deal is a no-brainer IMO........cuts out the risk completely..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

NukaCola wrote: »
    A loan deal is a no-brainer IMO........cuts out the risk completely..

Yeah, Chelsea have gotten a great deal there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Charlie19 wrote: »

Wouldn't be too worried about his lack of international caps, Dunga has lost the plot, he has Kaka in the squad ahead of Couthino. He seems afraid to give anyone a serious chance. Players are picked regardless of form.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

brevity wrote: »

Who the fúck is wizkhalifa who has over 23m followers?

5starpool wrote: »
    Who the fúck is wizkhalifa who has over 23m followers?

Wiz, a rapper, and Kanye West, another rapper, are having a "beef" on Twitter.

Barkley scores for Everton.

Merseyside final is on...

• Advertisement

Barkley scores for Everton.

Merseyside final is on...

Huge gap in the City defence for that goal. They are capable of such incredible highs and lows in that team. It must be incredibly frustrating to be a City fan sometimes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement