Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

there looking lively aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Barkley scores for Everton.

Merseyside final is on...

1-1 now on the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I do think we'd fare better against City in the final but I really want it to be a Merseyside final all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

1-1 now on the night

Merseyside final is STILL on...

Just about.

half empty stadium by the looks of it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Everton look up for an all Merseyside final...

half empty stadium by the looks of it too

I know they've a big stadium and it's mid-week, but its a semi-final against a pretty entertaining, decent opponent. Half empty stadium is odd...

I wonder if the Etihad should serve as a warning to a lot of other sides looking to massively jump to 60,000+ seaters? I think the slower development of Anfield will avoid a huge, empty stand, and Spurs seem to have enough fans to make a good go of their 60,000 ish plan, but where West Ham think they're going to pull 20,000 extra fans from is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

When Suarez first came to the club he started on very low wages compared to the rest of the squad.
    Suarez joined LFC for €26m and his wages were £40k a week.

No way Teixeira will cost almost twice as much and settle for the same wages as Luis was on in 2011!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Lots of empty seats at city this and last year. Apparently that is a record cup attendance tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I know they've a big stadium and it's mid-week, but its a semi-final against a pretty entertaining, decent opponent. Half empty stadium is odd...

I wonder if the Etihad should serve as a warning to a lot of other sides looking to massively jump to 60,000+ seaters? I think the slower development of Anfield will avoid a huge, empty stand, and Spurs seem to have enough fans to make a good go of their 60,000 ish plan, but where West Ham think they're going to pull 20,000 extra fans from is beyond me.

London presumably.

Not that big a number in the context of the population of London and the average income levels relative to those clubs from the Northern cities.

• Advertisement

Watching Aguero play off the ball really makes me jealous, we need a player who can make runs like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

but where West Ham think they're going to pull 20,000 extra fans from is beyond me.

You're underestimating the support West Ham have around the East End of London, and heading out towards Essex. They'll have no problem filling their seats.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    London presumably.

Not that big a number in the context of the population of London and the average income levels relative to those clubs from the Northern cities.
    daRobot wrote: »
    You're underestimating the support West Ham have around the East End of London, and heading out towards Essex. They'll have no problem filling their seats.

true enough - perhaps I am underestimating it. How this season ends could be a big factor for them, too. A lot of big clubs in London - if Arsenal or (god forbid) Spurs won the title, you'd expect a lot of casual fans to suddenly take note. But a strong finish from west Ham, European qualification, etc. could be a big factor in settling into the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Suarez joined LFC for €26m and his wages were £40k a week.

No way Teixeira will cost almost twice as much and settle for the same wages as Luis was on in 2011!!

Why not? Wages haven't increased THAT much in the past 5 years. Is he gonna argue that he is better than Suarez??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just had a look at our 15 most expensive signings ever there. http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ListTop15Bought.aspx

We could really do with a few more successes in the big money deals! Suarez, Torres, Mascherano all unqualified successes, Henderson became captain so we'll put that in the plus pile. Lallana and Lovren have a chance of success, Firmino is a likely success (IMO), Benteke and Markovic have an outside chance of success mainly because they're still on the books, and Keane, Downing, Balotelli, Aquilani and Carroll all failures. Im reluctant to put Glen Johnson in the failures bucket because he was a first team player for about 7 seasons, but he's not one i'll remember fondly!!

I'll confess to never having seen Teixeira outside highlights packages in Champions League round-up shows so I don't really have a place in this debate, other than the fact that it's always exciting to throw around lots of cash. Usually very exciting, then very disappointing actually...

I'd guess to be Keane in that analysis!

7 goals and five assists in five months but you are deemed as big a failure as someone who hangs around for years and is ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

noodler wrote: »
    I'd guess to be Keane in that analysis!

7 goals and five assists in five months but you are deemed as big a failure as someone who hangs around for years and is ****e.

I also liked Keane, I thought at the time that he was treated very unfairly but If you're not in the mangers plans, then Its time to make a decision and Fair play to Keane for moving on and we were able to recoup a large enough transfer fee.

City just scored after the ball went out of play and it wasn't spotted. That's two goals in two days that should be disallowed.

I liked Keane but he never got a fair crack of the whip here because he wasn't in Benitez's plans.

Has to be considered a failure of a signing if he was sold so quickly.

--

Everton being robbed here... Merseyside final is in the balance.

City just scored after the ball went out of play and it wasn't spotted. That's two goals in two days that should be disallowed.

awful on the toffees ,terrible by officials

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I liked Keane but he never got a fair crack of the whip here because he wasn't in Benitez's plans.

Has to be considered a failure of a signing if he was sold so quickly.

--

Everton being robbed here... Merseyside final is in the balance.

Boards really upping your postcount recently. Every post of yours is a double one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looks like City for the final, they are in euro competition like Liverpool during the week, so no advantage for them really.

5starpool wrote: »
    Boards really upping your postcount recently. Every post of yours is a double one!

No, I just thought that everything I wanted to say was worth repeating...

(seriously though - is there a way to stop this!??!)
    Looks like City for the final, they are in euro competition like Liverpool during the week, so no advantage for them really.

Merseyside final is off. :(

City play away to Dynamo Kiev on the Wednesday, so a longer rest than Liverpool, but huge distance to travel.

Interestingly, we play City the following Wednesday in the league too, and were set to play Everton on the Sunday but that will be moved now.

No, I just thought that everything I wanted to say was worth repeating...

(seriously though - is there a way to stop this!??!)

Has happened me a bit recently as well, but I'm anal enough to go and delete one of the double posts each time. It bothers me more than it should. Other people's double posts don't bother me (except when I read them twice before realising!) but my own ones upset my sense of OCD or something I think, so I have to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Apparently its a problem with the quick reply. If you quote or use the advanced post option it doesn't happen.

Edit: I posted this using the quick reply box & no duplicate post appeared so I havent a clue whats going on :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Has happened me a bit recently as well, but I'm anal enough to go and delete one of the double posts each time. It bothers me more than it should. Other people's double posts don't bother me (except when I read them twice before realising!) but my own ones upset my sense of OCD or something I think, so I have to fix it.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have never used the quick reply so it's not that with my double posts.

Although I am quite enjoying the double posts as the poster who keeps count of my posts must be going spare.

City in the final means Klopp has already got us into Europe doesn't it win or lose.

Have never used the quick reply so it's not that with my double posts.

Although I am quite enjoying the double posts as the poster who keeps count of my posts must be going spare.

City in the final means Klopp has already got us into Europe doesn't it win or lose.

Not the case - if the League Cup winner has already qualified for Europe through the league then the slot reverts to the next highest league position.

It is only the FA Cup runner up that goes straight into the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

City it is.

Hopefully Kompany won't make it, we're honestly fcuked if he's fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bring it on City....

Flights booked, half the battle - just need tickets to the Game now....

• Advertisement

City it is. We've beat them before, can do it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hope we fcuking stuff City
    And Sterling with his stupid mutton chops and mop on his head

He does look like a fool alright. Setting a bad example for his forty three young'uns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool through to the next round of the FA Youth cup having beaten Cardiff City 3-0 Nottingham Forest are next up.

thumb_15418_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Liverpool U18s: George, Alexander-Arnold (C), Owens, Masterson, Whelan (Johnston 62), Phillips, Kane, Ejaria (Gomes 76), Woodburn (Dhanda 86), Alves, Lennon.

FT 3-0, Woodburn, Whelan, Lennon

Here is Woodies goal - cheeky quality.

http://i.imgur.com/xsb3q4Y.gifv

edit - didn't spot your post Vicxas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

PA_12457266.jpg

He scored. HA
    We love to beat them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tough game obviously but we have a good record against City. Certainly no fear of them anyway. Would be nice if we had Coutinho and Sturridge fit and available for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tough game obviously but we have a good record against City. Certainly no fear of them anyway. Would be nice if we had Coutinho and Sturridge fit and available for it though.

I'd say Sturridge will be back for the final alright, then he'll be back on the treatment table to get ready for Euro 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'd say Sturridge will be back for the final alright, then he'll be back on the treatment table to get ready for Euro 2016.

I'd nearly take that at this stage.:D

Living in the playboy mansion would be nice too but let's get back down to earth here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Advertisement

:pac:

Right, you're on my list now.

What is that website that shows what channels worldwide are showing what football matches? I thought i had it bookmarked but can't find it, and google not helping either, or at least my search terms aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What is that website that shows what channels worldwide are showing what football matches? I thought i had it bookmarked but can't find it, and google not helping either, or at least my search terms aren't.

Liveonsat

rob316 wrote: »
    Liveonsat

Ta. Mainly wanted to see if we were on Setanta on the 6th vs Sunderland, and we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ta. Mainly wanted to see if we were on Setanta on the 6th vs Sunderland, and we are.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/subscribe/barclays-premier-league/ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Look at it.

evertons-english-midfielder-tom-cleverley-vies-with-manchester-citys-picture-id507096810

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Knex. wrote: »
    Look at it.

Invert him and you've got a mighty fine mop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mix of Sagna and Gervinho.

Because those two pillocks are who you want to emulate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Knex. wrote: »
    Look at it.

evertons-english-midfielder-tom-cleverley-vies-with-manchester-citys-picture-id507096810

I see Bony is letting the hair grow out !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've just been posting twice. I like the double thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement