Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So I watched Tom Segura last night. Funny enough but it seemed to me he ripped a ton of his content straight from Louis CK? Even some of his style, mannerisms and accents?! Seemed pretty blatant to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Vietto on loan could be a great move. He's not really getting much of a look in at athletico. Wonderful talent tho, not lightning quick but similar to Luis in that he makes clever runs and gets a yard or two that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So there is a path to follow but it's not Pato

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/686563653747896322?s=09

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Good news
    #LFC boost as Klopp says Toure, Sakho, Henderson and Ibe could all return for Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hopefully that puts an end to that link so. I never thought it made sense anyway, but am glad it has been addressed...

I've been racking my brains trying to come up with some potential striking targets. Have come up with this list - has varying degrees of talent and availability on it, but I reckon some of these might worth a shot.

Alvaro Morata
    Mauro Icardi
    Domenico Berardi
    Kevin Volland
    Odion Ighalo

If we had a lot of cash to spend, and CL qualification to back it up, then throw it all at Gonzalo Higuain or someone, but until then I'd be quite pleased to see one of those to add to our attacking options.

Add in a direct winger (Andre Schurrle, Mo Salah, Karim Bellarabi, etc) and I reckon we would see a transformation in our attacking output.

Now that said, I don't see us or many other clubs having a striker that scores 20+ in a league campaign in the next few seasons - there are just very few of them about. So that's why we need our attacking midfielders to really pick up the buck with goalscoring.

If all of Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Henderson, Milner and Ibe (+ my new direct winger) were scoring 6-10, and you had maybe 3 each from Moreno, Can and the centre-backs, we'd be in good nick. Provided the strikers don't completely go to **** which... Ah ****.

EDIT: All of this is presuming we're sticking to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 for the long term. Which I wouldn't necessarily advocate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

when are these cunce playing next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Clattenburg the ref for the utd game.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/referees/appointments/

5starpool wrote: »
    Good news

Wow.

That's be like a new team almost!!

I've forgotten what we look like when fully fit.

when are these cunce playing next?

Wednesday against the Arsenal cunce.

ta m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Good news

Problem would be rushing these guys back again and we'll not have much cover on the bench for subs etc.

Still plenty of games to come in January as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Problem would be rushing these guys back again and we'll not have much cover on the bench for subs etc.

Still plenty of games to come in January as well.

Oh absolutely, but we'll have to trust that those in charge of such things know what they are at. Hopefully anyhow.

If all of Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Henderson, Milner and Ibe (+ my new direct winger) were scoring 6-10, and you had maybe 3 each from Moreno, Can and the centre-backs, we'd be in good nick. Provided the strikers don't completely go to **** which... Ah ****.......

That's 48 to 72 goals from non strikers. Fairly impressive team scoring haul over a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Just got home not ed the ballon dor was on TV. What happened to that irish fellas head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sergi Canos is called up for the Spanish U19s for their game against Italy next week.

http://www.sefutbol.com/oficial-convocatoria-sub-19-encuentro-italia

It's good to see a Brentford player getting international recognition:)

Augeo wrote: »
    That's 48 to 72 goals from non strikers. Fairly impressive team scoring haul over a season.

It is a bit. I was thinking more on the lower scale, but revise it to something like this. I don't think it's unreasonable given what people have gotten before - obviously, I've taken totals from when players are in form, because that's what we're aiming for.

Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana - 20 total
    Milner, Henderson, Ibe - 10 total
    Can, Moreno, Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, Clyne - 6

36 from non-strikers. Probably be an own goal or two to add to that, and the odd surprise goal or youth player pitching in one or two. It leaves four to five attackers (if we added the winger and striker I wanted) scoring about 10 each.

--

Anyway, my original point may be lost a little - very few strikers that we will sign will score 20-25 goals a season. We need the other players to pitch in to make up this downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Regardless of your definition of a star player, we desperately need a few players from the top bracket. At the height of our powers we had five - Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano and Reina. Some would include Carragher in there but I think he was just below that level. We don't have any at the moment apart from maybe Sturridge, but he doesn't really count anymore.

Torres and Suarez may not have been superstars when we signed them but they were excellent players with big reputations and huge potential. We need more of that type of signing.

It's so frustrating when you consider how wrong we have got it with our big money signings - Carroll (£35m), Benteke (£32.5m), Firmino (£29m) and Lallana (£25m).

Firmino could still come good but I don't think it's going to happen for Lallana or Benteke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

bump 5 mins to KO

XI:

Fulton; Flanagan, Polgar, Maguire, Hart; Chirivella, Virtue, O'Hanlon; Wilson, Sinclair, Kent

Subs:

Firth, Whelan, Dhanda, Trickett Smith, Lennon

Oh absolutely, but we'll have to trust that those in charge of such things know what they are at. Hopefully anyhow.

anymore sunday roasts or dinners made?

• Advertisement

Exeter City /Liverpool v West Ham!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

At home against West Ham if we beat Exeter.

XI:

Fulton; Flanagan, Polgar, Maguire, Hart; Chirivella, Virtue, O'Hanlon; Wilson, Sinclair, Kent

Subs:

Firth, Whelan, Dhanda, Trickett Smith, Lennon

Yay!

He's still rusty, under Sotons pressure game.

Soton 1 - 0

Liverpool have a peno, Flanno bought down after a nice 1-2 with Wilson

Wilson takes and scores

1-1

anymore sunday roasts or dinners made?

On a health kick now m8, eating seaweed stuffed with grass, that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Didnt want West Ham.

Looks like Danny Ward will be the New Number 2 to Mignolet. I hope he gets a few matches in.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Harry Palmr, how good was Ward at Aberdeen, could he possibly challenge Mignolet if his form dips again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Harry Palmr, how good was Ward at Aberdeen, could he possibly challenge Mignolet if his form dips again?

He was an ever present in the first team, keeping 11 clean sheets in 29 matches.

No idea from watching him as I never did, but the Aberdeen forums are distraught!

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=39104&page=8

The Dons went on an amazing run of shut outs in the early part of the season.

No idea from watching him as I never did, but the Aberdeen forums are distraught!

We could send Bogdan the other way, but I doubt they'd go for it.

• Advertisement

LFC free kick on right edge of Soton area

Kent whips it straight in

1-2 GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

FT Soton 1 - 2 Liverpool Wilson (pen), Kent

Liverpool U18 v Manchester Utd U18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    panda
    saps
    sakho/cissohko
    that AVB article
    sturridge
    aresnal
    rarnes and mulitple accounts
    breakfast
    character
    spurs
    jinx
    next year/ our year irony
    anfield cat
    mada postathons
    slow internet and mike/harry
    running from the knees
    PPG
    unbeaten since
    3 games in a week
    suraez and minus 30 goals a season (or sometyhing along those lines)
    and one pound
    phoning in dead
    relentless
    galvanised
    hollow victory
    bittersweet
    roy hodgson
    breakfast club

pulling a doughboy
    shouldn't have sold
    Sakho and painting
    I wish him well
    Net Spend
    Andy Carroll horse gif
    The self portrait
    Colin Pascoe
    Best keeper in the world
    Ginger Mig
    We're signing Reus
    We're signing every good Dortmund player
    Roof truss
    That Shankly picture where he's telling Rodgers he's shîte
    Nervol
    rues as a left back
    Victory Moses and his 20 goals.
    Borini's movement
    Enricky and his few recurring jokes - a complete 180 etc
    Borini and his sisters lingerie
    Sturridge 4.6
    Knex hating Sturridge (I think you're lying here turty, we all know you hate him)
    Chandsome
    **** off Martin
    The Fowler/Ian Ayre piggyback pic.
    the whole 'thank ****' thing.
    leaning
    Stewie and his bins
    5starpool and being a loser
    Hit Der Wuudwurk
    Sterling and his babies
    Mignoletting
    Going OTT.
    Keeping <name> will be the best bit of business this summer
    Adam/Adams
    Doni
    Baboon heart
    combined first elevens
    Mike and being old
    Jay Spearing and Pointing
    Sturridge and not injury prone
    Sturridge and God
    Sturridge injury prone
    insertwordception
    this list
    Worse fans in the world
    "Football friends"
    Welsh Xavi is Pirlo
    Flanagan's Bowie-esque bulge
    Coutinho pulling a Gerrard trying to do it all himself
    Lucas is boss
    Klopp hugs
    Moreno wishes Klopp was his da
    Allen feels like the neglected middle child
    'Liverpool sign bent'
    Babelcopter
    Rafa "let's not go there again" debates
    Enrique in goal
    Hamstrungpool
    Southpoolhamptom
    That kid from the Humour thread

First...second, turtyturd
    Jive Turkeys
    Thanks whores
    Cliquety Clique
    Internet friends

No, we never reus(e) jokes on here.

He's a big boll1x to be honest.

i miss my postathons :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Shelvey has this habit of scoring 1 or 2 cracking goals, or having a string of games in a season where he looks the real deal. For the most part though, he is very ordinary. What's mad though is that he is still only 23!

He has most of the tools to be a good player - physically strong, good passer and good shot on him. Unforuntalely, he has poor attitude, concentration and work rate. Fortunately for him, he is only 23 and he could improve these three things. I've always said that I'd have him over Allen but he didnt want to stay on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Some disgusting comments on that thread

Typical unfortunately, they wouldn't have said a thing if he was still there of course. Angry fans are mainly **** on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reports that were in for beharino. I say its most likely bull****

martyos121 wrote: »
    We could send Bogdan the other way, but I doubt they'd go for it.

They deserve him given some of the comments on that thread.

Origi out for another month :(

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/633641/Liverpool-Reds-Divock-Origi-Injuries-Anfield-Jurgen-Klopp-Gossip-News
    The striker was at Melwood yesterday on crutches having returned to Belgium to undergo an operation last Friday.

The procedure, carried out by Dr Koen Lagae, was a minor clear-up of a problem, but is significant enough to rule him for up to four weeks.

Belgium physio Lieven Maesschalck helped Origi's recovery over the weekend.

Origi had already been out since Boxing Day when he sustained a hamstring strain against Leicester, and the situation comes with manager Jurgen Klopp's injury problems easing in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ricero wrote: »
    Reports that were in for beharino. I say its most likely bull****

Very good option - IF the price isn't too much. Given the standoff he's having with West Brom, his value right now is as low as it'll ever be anyway. The right style of player for us at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So? We're just spitballing here. Is that not the point of Transfer Window related discussion?

Just seems pointless. We're talking about a player that none of us have seen in years and are just saying "He's worth a gamble at 11m" when we haven't heard anything concrete about being linked with him or even an idea of how much he'd cost.

Speculate away but if you hadn't seen all the rubbish on Pato I really doubt you'd have mentioned him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Really could do a lot worse than Berahino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So I assume we're in the market for a striker now - either Pato or soemone else - with the Origi news? I mean we can;t risk having just one fit striker for the next month (not counting Firmino).

Maybe a 6-month load deal would be the way?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

tok9 wrote: »
    Just seems pointless.

Then you're very much in the wrong place, see thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah now... there is speculation and there is speculation.

Half the time I view the thread I see people moaning about unreliable links to players from twitter etc yet for some reason this extremely unreliable link on Pato has caused a few pages of discussions.

Just seems odd to me.

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah now... there is speculation and there is speculation.

Half the time I view the thread I see people moaning about unreliable links to players from twitter etc yet for some reason this extremely unreliable link on Pato has caused a few pages of discussions.

Just seems odd to me.

It was anything but unreliable until Klopp said anything about it. Plenty of sites and papers were running with it and it wasn't the first time he was linked with us either.

Besides, it'll make a nice addition to the list.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It was anything but unreliable until Klopp said anything about it. Plenty of sites and papers were running with it and it wasn't the first time he was linked with us either.

Besides, it'll make a nice addition to the list.

How was it reliable though? Most rags just copy each other at this stage!

So I assume we're in the market for a striker now - either Pato or soemone else - with the Origi news? I mean we can;t risk having just one fit striker for the next month (not counting Firmino).

Maybe a 6-month load deal would be the way?

I can't imagine we'd get anyone useful on loan to be honest.

I'm annoyed at how much we are missing a player (Origi) who really hasn't contributed that much, although his recent few performances were much improved.

I'm guessing there are two possible reasons why Sinclair isn't being used apart from the cup match, which are the Klopp doesn't think he is ready or good enough, or else the fact that the club can't reach agreement over a new deal so they aren't willing to play him much. I assume the former to be honest unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/686839156866183168

Caulker's last game was the 6-1 League Cup game vs Liverpool. Its only a stop gap until the end of the season but I had hoped we had learmed from the Bogdan fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/686839156866183168

Caulker's last game was the 6-1 League Cup game vs Liverpool. Its only a stop gap until the end of the season but I had hoped we had learmed from the Bogdan fiasco.
    Ah jasus were looking stingey. I honestly thought klopp would of been backed to the hilt in his first transfer window. Unless their keeping funds for the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Hope to god that Caulker rumour is false. Don't know how he keeps getting Premier League clubs. Awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement