Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

MD1990 wrote: »
    It would be best for everyone if the club could somehow stop these transfer leaks.

What leaks? The leak that we made an actual bid? Pretty sure we can't control the agents or the other team involved. Nobody even knew we were looking at him til the bid was made. In a world with the amount of available info at our fingertips thats a good as we'll ever get imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

MD1990 wrote: »

Palkin clearly thinks Ayre is a fanny, and is treating him like one.

Might be right, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I never have any confidence when it comes to dealing with Shaktar. Notoriously difficult. They have enough money that they don't need to sell, and with the amount of money in the PL, they have every right to demand ridiculous fees, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Nothing's changed IMO. The club were told £38m last week, now Shaktar have announced his buyout is £50m+. They're underlining that he's worth more than the asking price to try and make a deal.

It's like the RRP on SportsDirect. Except we're more likely to buy a few Slazenger polo shirts than a pair of Diesel jeans.

Nothing's changed IMO. The club were told £38m last week, now Shaktar have announced his buyout is £50m+. They're underlining that he's worth more than the asking price to try and make a deal.

It's like the RRP on SportsDirect. Except we're more likely to buy a few Slazenger polo shirts than a pair of Diesel jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

corwill wrote: »
    Palkin clearly thinks Ayre is a fanny, and is treating him like one.

Might be right, too.

Don't know how you conclude that but Ayre was right to walk away from this if the figures are correct.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't know how you conclude that but Ayre was right to walk away from this if the figures are correct.

He'll be pilloried. Shaktar want £38m, we've offered £28m. Shaktar disclose his release clause as £53m to put the fairness of their asking price into context, and now LFC/Ayre looks stingy for not paying it.

In many ways this makes paying the asking price more palatable to the club. Instead of being bullied into paying the asking price in full, £10 more than our initial offer, Ayre would look shrewd for getting a player for £38m that has a 'list price' of £53m. What Shaktar have done makes any deal on their terms more likey, even if it means a deal happening of any kind might be less so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

£38m+ the money for selling a couple of squad players + a bit of the summer transfer kitty would put you in the market for a Lewandonski or Benzema in a few months time so I'd prefer if they just passed up on the deal which, looking at it objectively, is about as likely to be a spectacular failure as a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sabat wrote: »
    £38m+ the money for selling a couple of squad players + a bit of the summer transfer kitty would put you in the market for a Lewandonski or Benzema in a few months time so I'd prefer if they just passed up on the deal which, looking at it objectively, is about as likely to be a spectacular failure as a success.

I don't think you buy either of those two players for £38m. Combine that with the fact they are both a teir above Liverpool they would be very unlikely to join us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't think you buy either of those two players for £38m. Combine that with the fact they are both a teir above Liverpool they would be very unlikely to join us.

And one is probably going to prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sappy404 wrote: »

TBF though those Slazenger polos are quite nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

DrumSteve wrote: »
    TBF though those Slazenger polos are quite nice.

They are in me hole, all those Slazenger/Dunlop/Lonsdale etc tat he sells on there is pure shíte!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I like the way some people actually think these players are going to want to come and play for us. Reality is that these players are never going to come down to what our level is at the moment. The best hope we have is bagging the next Suarez, Teixeira might just be that, albeit a he'll of a risk at the asking price being quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I like the way some people actually think these players are going to want to come and play for us. Reality is that these players are never going to come down to what our level is at the moment. The best hope we have is bagging the next Suarez, Teixeira might just be that, albeit a he'll of a risk at the asking price being quoted.

Too many lads think real life is like Championship Manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Liverpool's current line up on Fifa 10 to 16

http://imgur.com/a/5utWz

Consistent Milner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Consistent Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

kfallon wrote: »
    They are in me hole, all those Slazenger/Dunlop/Lonsdale etc tat he sells on there is pure shíte!!

Ah I won't be having that. Bought a few Kangol ones on there a while back; real noice.

That being said I also bought a sondico sheffield wednesday jersey for €12 at the same time. Can't beat sondico.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/693070485974835200

I'm actually starting to think Danny has lost the fight mentally. Doubting we'll see him again this season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'm actually starting to think Danny has lost the fight mentally. Doubting we'll see him again this season

corwill wrote: »
    Too many lads think real life is like Championship Manager.
    GiftofGab wrote: »

Consistent Milner.

Consecutive posts. Timing is everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It's a bizarre case. I've never seen anything like it. Even if he does come back, it's only a matter of time before he'll be gone again.

_87973093_sturridge-injuries_8.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Plus his half his staff are on 0 hour contracts and are treated like ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hendo out of the game tomorrow, Clyne marginal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

GiftofGab wrote: »

Consistent Milner.
    Boring Milner's rating barely changed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Hendo out of the game tomorrow, Clyne marginal.

Clyne can be rested with the Scouse Cafu back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Flano wasn't even running on as much as empty against Stoke after 105 minutes, it would be reckless to play another game this week. Could see him break down in some annoying muscle related fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

He'll be pilloried. Shaktar want £38m, we've offered £28m. Shaktar disclose his release clause as £53m to put the fairness of their asking price into context, and now LFC/Ayre looks stingy for not paying it.

In many ways this makes paying the asking price more palatable to the club. Instead of being bullied into paying the asking price in full, £10 more than our initial offer, Ayre would look shrewd for getting a player for £38m that has a 'list price' of £53m. What Shaktar have done makes any deal on their terms more likey, even if it means a deal happening of any kind might be less so.

I can't understand this logic at all. To follow your argument, if Stoke put a list price of £250m on Crouch and we negotiated a 40% discount it would be a god deal to spend £150m on him? You weren't in the room when we were buying Andy Carroll by any chance were you?

What someone wants for a player (or any other asset for that matter) is completely irrelevant. What matters is what similar quality assets actually sell for and/or what your next best option can be purchased for. If Shaktar are holding out for £38m for Tex and the nest best player on Klopps list who he believes is 95% as good is available for £25m why pay a 34% premium to secure a 5% better player?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I thought my post was pretty clear in the point I was making- they could not spend £38m on this guy, flog off Balotelli, Allen and Ibe, throw 10 or 20 million in and be able to at least bid for a world class player. How would you feel if Aubameyang was available for £70m this summer (not at all unlikely) but they couldn't bid because they spewed the cash on the Brazilian Andy Carroll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I thought my post was pretty clear in the point I was making- they could not spend £38m on this guy, flog off Balotelli, Allen and Ibe, throw 10 or 20 million in and be able to at least bid for a world class player. How would you feel if Aubameyang was available for £70m this summer (not at all unlikely) but they couldn't bid because they spewed the cash on the Brazilian Andy Carroll?

Better spending £38m on the Brazilian Andy Carroll than £38 on the Andy Carroll Brazilian.

I don't think Aubameyang would sign for us either as Dortmund would be on the same level as us if not slightly ahead. His next move will be upwards not sideways.

Tex is bit different as in he says he's a Liverpool fan so he actually wants to sign for us. If a player wants to sign for a club they in theory would take a lower wage than one signing for a club for the wages alone.

Now a player signing for €35m would not expect the same wage as a €70m signing either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I don't think Aubameyang would sign for us either as Dortmund would be on the same level as us if not slightly ahead. His next move will be upwards not sideways.

Tex is bit different as in he says he's a Liverpool fan so he actually wants to sign for us. If a player wants to sign for a club they in theory would take a lower wage than one signing for a club for the wages alone.

Now a player signing for €35m would not expect the same wage as a €70m signing either.

You don't actually believe this Robbie Keane-esque crap, do you?

mosstin wrote: »
    You don't actually believe this Robbie Keane-esque crap, do you?

Nope hence why I said 'he says he is' rather than 'he is'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I can't understand this logic at all. To follow your argument, if Stoke put a list price of £250m on Crouch and we negotiated a 40% discount it would be a god deal to spend £150m on him? You weren't in the room when we were buying Andy Carroll by any chance were you?

What someone wants for a player (or any other asset for that matter) is completely irrelevant. What matters is what similar quality assets actually sell for and/or what your next best option can be purchased for. If Shaktar are holding out for £38m for Tex and the nest best player on Klopps list who he believes is 95% as good is available for £25m why pay a 34% premium to secure a 5% better player?

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, I can't help but think that the last 5% is the most expensive 5% and the most important and is what we have been missing for so long now. But yeah I basically agree with your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

It's a lot simpler than that. They are just doing the same thing as sparks and plumbers were doing in the Celtic tiger days. If you had a small job needed doing and they weren't particularly interested, they would just quote a ridiculous fee. It's a win:win, either you feck off or you pay them a small fortune for the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Its a one stop shop for all your NUFC merchandising needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ush wrote: »
    Its a one stop shop for all your NUFC merchandising needs.

Jonjo Shelvey will be on sale there before the end of next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Jonjo Shelvey will be on sale there before the end of next season.

We'll finally be able to buy him back. Another brilliant deal between Liverpool and Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Don't you mean miles and miles ahead? Because they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Dortmund slightly ahead lol I wish. We are currently 7th in an average PL(decimated by injuries) which Dortmund would run away with if they were in the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

In a sporting sense, they're well ahead of us. Financially though, we would be ahead, and likely could offer higher wages with the new TV deal coming.

But yes, someone like Aubameyang will be going to someone who can offer those wages anyway, along with being a better team.

Don't you mean miles and miles ahead? Because they are.

Team wise yes. If we could field a team like them it would be brilliant.

Are Dortmund as well known internationally? I don't think so.

I'd still like to be in their situation though. Very strong team and challenging for a title for the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Lads Aubameyang has a contract until 2019 or 2020 in Dortmund. He has also been quoted as saying he is not planning on leaving anytime soon.
    The club chairman was asked recently by Bild if he would sell him for €100 million and his answer was a very simple NO.

Lads Aubameyang has a contract until 2019 or 2020 in Dortmund. He has also been quoted as saying he is not planning on leaving anytime soon.
    The club chairman was asked recently by Bild if he would sell him for €100 million and his answer was a very simple NO. Dortmund is one of the few clubs in Europe which is practically debt free and have a few 100 million in the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lovren should be back in the starting line-up tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to it.

Am l loosing my mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Lovren should be back in the starting line-up tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to it.

Am l loosing my mind?

Twelve months ago and my answer would've been definitely.

But like Joe Allen, Lovren has looked a different player since Klopp has arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Carraghers interview with Gerrard about the last time the Reds faced the Hammers in the FA Cup.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3423521/This-best-West-Ham-team-ve-seen-hope-way-2006-Jamie-Carragher-Steven-Gerrard-remember-classic-FA-Cup-final.html

How did Carra end up in front of Stevie for that wonder goal?

30AD08A200000578-0-image-a-1_1454100144604.jpg

Remember these days?

You'd nearly swear it was on loop.

And we all take the piss out of Mr. Glass, and rightfully so, but I don't think we get past Southampton without him that night. We were going nowhere before he turned the game on its head.

Its a pity he can't even remotely be relied upon, as when fit, he's comfortably our best player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The club chairman was asked recently by Bild if he would sell him for €100 million and his answer was a very simple NO.

while i dont think he's an achievable target for us, why would the club chairman answer anything other than no?

while i dont think he's an achievable target for us, why would the club chairman answer anything other than no?

Because Mr Watzke is probably one of the most honest chairmen in the football business. If there was any chance of Auba leaving or if his agents were pushing for it, he would never say no directly...he would tell it as it is....something like "every player has a price....or....the player wont want to play for us forever, will want to move to bigger things....or no comment" as was the case when Lewandowski was forcing his move and running down his contract.
    Add to the above comments Auba recently publically stated that he has no problem staying in Dortmund for the rest of his career, he actually said he wanted to stay as his family and child are very safe and well looked after. Its common knowledge that BVB sorted his older brother Willie out with a contract in the fourth division with FC Kray after he didnt make the grade in the BVB second team. That was key to helping him settle in after a difficult first year.
    Read a few of his comments on Gundogan...."we are working on it but cant force him to renew his contract.....his family are pushing for a move to earn from it(father is his agent)....."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement