Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Tues 9th or wed 10th. As things stand the derby can't be refixed until April. If we get through in the FA Cup there is going to be a serious fixture pile up as league games get postponed for FA Cup qf and sf.

If it takes 2 games each round in the FA cup, there'll be some amount of games this season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If it takes 2 games each round in the FA cup, there'll be some amount of games this season.

Well, to be fair, there are some amount of games every season.

We could play a maximum of 69 games this season if we get to the EL final and the FA Cup final with a replay in every round (no replays possible in the semi or the final though). Guaranteed at least 56 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

New fan?

12565391_1667361483503027_6765756340347671799_n.jpg?oh=97f047264facc0dc9c70125760d082d8&oe=573FBDB9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Need to go all out to win a trophy this season, not doing too bad a job of it so far. Winning something in Klopp's first season would be a serious boost.

We could do with the Rock in defence this season. Couldn't be any worse than some others. Might get sent off a lot, although I'd love to see him give a Rock Bottom to quite a few players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    We could do with the Rock in defence this season. Couldn't be any worse than some others. Might get sent off a lot, although I'd love to see him give a Rock Bottom to quite a few players.

Enrique deserves one for that free kick yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Enrique deserves one for that free kick yesterday.

It was a woeful free kick, but I question the decision to have him even taking it with his very first kick of the ball....seemed like it was asking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd be very confident if ings was fit he would score 15 league goals if played regularly. While at the same time contributing a whole lot more to our general play. It's hard to believe that so many on here last summer could see that benteke wasn't going to suit us and what the issues would be. Yet the powers that be were seemingly blind to it.

It's amazing how much we are expecting from Ings based on 6 or 7 weeks of better than expected performances.

He's pre Liverpool calibre pales in comparison to Benteke's for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Need to go all out to win a trophy this season, not doing too bad a job of it so far. Winning something in Klopp's first season would be a serious boost.

We should be going all out to win a trophy every season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looks like Cheryshev is the signing tomorrow, loads of tit-bits stacking up online. Presumably this would be a loan
    Rob Palmer
    @robbopalmer

Looking like Denis Cheryshev heading to PL with @LFC
    Pacy player of promise rather than distinction.
    Zidane: "Cheyshev could leave (to England) as it is important for him to play. We'll see tomorrow. I wish him the best."

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2016/01/liverpool-could-sign-denis-cheryshev-on-monday-report/

Meanwhile........

Andy Hunter (Guardian): "The club have not given up on another Teixeira, Alex, despite difficult talks with Shakhtar Donetsk"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A committee signing. Seems like Cheryshev has been signing since Rodgers took over.
    Would like to have seen a Klopp signing.
    I think he will do well though. I like him, hope a price is agreed to buy as his value will rise.
    He'll do great for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like they may go back for one more try at Teixeira as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

how much were they willing to pay for Texeira?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

35ze3t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

noodler wrote: »
    It's amazing how much we are expecting from Ings based on 6 or 7 weeks of better than expected performances.

He's pre Liverpool calibre pales in comparison to Benteke's for example.

I expected Ings to do well as Id have a keen interest in burnley as my dad supports them. Id seen him a fair few times live and was always impressed. He got little or no service at burnley in the PL but still managed a goal every 3 games. I think with better service he is a goal in 2 games striker but more importantly fits the style we want to play. Benteke is a very good player but its just not going to work with liverpool. Id prefer someone better than ings but I was more excited about his signing than bentekes in the summer.

Let's start price pool

I'll guess £33.3m.

Whoever gets it right gets all the Thanks for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Let's start price pool

I'll guess £33.3m.

£36m and is rejected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I was against the Ings signing in the summer. But he was impressive before injury great 1st touch,finishing,pace & movement.
    But there is a habit to expect too much from long term injured players coming backfrom injury . Lucas being one from 3 years ago.

• Advertisement

I was against the Ings signing in the summer. But he was impressive before injury great 1st touch,finishing,pace & movement.
    But there is a habit to expect too much from long term injured players coming back from injury . Lucas being one from 3 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It would be another dreaded potential signing, but I see that Moussa Dembéle Fulham to Spuds broke down because Fulham wanted a loan back. An auld sneaky hijack, maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

34.5m with add ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

37m with a new NCT .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Cheryshev could be a decent stopgap option.

Fast and strong, but without the close control you'd like to go along with those attributes...could see him touching the ball just a little too far ahead of himself on the run.

Decent cross on him though, which is useful for getting the most out of Benteke.

He's a bit of a placeholder for Markovic I think, similar players, though Marko's technique and awareness is a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Let's start price pool

I'll guess £33.3m.

Back in again with £32m+£1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

£50 million but we'll have borrowed United's fax machine so it won't go through.

Or £1 million under the current offer and everyone will pay Ayre on the back over wages saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Looks like Cheryshev is the signing tomorrow, loads of tit-bits stacking up online. Presumably this would be a loan

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2016/01/liverpool-could-sign-denis-cheryshev-on-monday-report/

Meanwhile........

Andy Hunter (Guardian): "The club have not given up on another Teixeira, Alex, despite difficult talks with Shakhtar Donetsk"

Cheryshev is rapidly turning into this year's Arda Turan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Let's start price pool

I'll guess £33.3m.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

37.5 with addons/bonus'

And it'll be rejected. So we'll sign Capoue from Watford....

Oh wait, this isn't the Rodgers era.....

37.5 with addons/bonus'

And it'll be rejected. So we'll sign Capoue from Watford....

Oh wait, this isn't the Rodgers era.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I reckon Ayre is the way for a last ditch bid. £32m a packet of banshee bones, a macaroon bar and the rest in penny sweets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I reckon Ayre is the way for a last ditch bid. £32m a packet of banshee bones, a macaroon bar and the rest in penny sweets

And an only half drunk tin of club orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A bit disappointing if our only acquisitions in January was a backup player on a loan deal and a young player that was loaned back to his old club until next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Balague (on Twitter) saying Cheryshev off to Sevilla on loan and Liverpool aren't in for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

8-10 wrote: »
    Balague saying Cheryshev off to Sevilla on loan and Liverpool aren't in for him

Nailed on signing for us then.....

NukaCola wrote: »
    Nailed on signing for us then.....

Have a feeling it'll be another boring day for SSN standing outside Melwood/Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Missed the second half so tried the anfield index show

Such a load of ****e

I listen to the under pressure one mostly because it's trying something different with the stats stuff. The rest of it is poor enough but I find the Anfield Wrap post match ones poor too, 606 with just Liverpool fans.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Icardi available for 19m according to reports in Italy. Dropped for the derby last night & fell out with Mancini. If its true we should go for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »
    Icardi available for 19m according to reports in Italy. Dropped for the derby last night & fell out with Mancini. If its true we should go for him.

Why?

Also, we have an awful record buying players from Italy.

It'll be another quiet day for Liverpool in terms of transfers. No cahnce we'll sign anyone I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We got Caulker, I don't wanna be greedy.

Grayditch wrote: »
    We got Caulker, I don't wanna be greedy.

And Grujic, what more could you want?

A couple of black jacks and fruit salads could just be the deal maker I know they would be for me :D

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why?

Also, we have an awful record buying players from Italy.
    :confused: Because he scores goals something we have struggled to do. He is a great finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »
    :confused: Because he scores goals something we have struggled to do. He is a great finisher.

Would have said the exact same thing about Benteke last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Panic buying at the end of the window has led to Carroll and Balotelli being bought.

Save the money and get Mr. Glass a pair of Rickety Cricket leg braces of a Professor X Shi'ar wheelchair.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Would have said the exact same thing about Benteke last year.
    Difference is Benteke isn't suited to our playing style. Icardi is as he plays on the shoulder of the last defender & has good movement. He is a better finisher than Benteke as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

We are buying nobody of any noted calibre today! Possibly some unknown 19 - 21 yr old who is set to be a star of the future though who will go straight into the youth team though.

I just don't see us getting anybody to be excited about today although there's rumours of a 180mil war chest for Klopp over the summer! That would be exciting, ship of Benteke for somewhere near what they paid for him and thats's a serious amount of cash for Klopp to build his own team!

Balotelli and Sturridge should be shipped also which makes some serious room in the wages dept too for persuading incoming talent!

Just get Neymar in the summer to complete our Brazilian front line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'd say if that 180m figure has any truth to it it'll include money raised from selling players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement