Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just get Neymar in the summer to complete our Brazilian front line.

Is he not going to United with 'Ronnie', Muller, Kroos, Bale, etc, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

This Teixeira saga looks like it's going to rumble on for another bit

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/693898189791981569

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MD1990 wrote: »
    Icardi available for 19m according to reports in Italy. Dropped for the derby last night & fell out with Mancini. If its true we should go for him.

He missed a peno 5mins after he came on as a sub too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yay, one more game of crushing disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

MD1990 wrote: »
    Difference is Benteke isn't suited to our playing style. Icardi is as he plays on the shoulder of the last defender & has good movement. He is a better finisher than Benteke as well.

He is absolute poison in the dressing room. In Argentine nicking your best mate's woman in more or less known as pulling an Icardi. He nabbed Maxi Lopez wife, fair enough you might say but he has been less than the gentleman about it and is constantly throwing it back in his face. His nutty glamour model wife (Wanda Nara) is his agent.

The pair of them are trouble. Even when Argentina had injury crisis up front he was kept away from the team as he is wildly unpopular. All off field stuff, but I dont think we need it. Good finisher, but a complete headcase / knacker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

He is absolute poison in the dressing room. In Argentine nicking your best mate's woman in more or less known as pulling an Icardi. He nabbed Maxi Lopez wife, fair enough you might say but he has been less than the gentleman about it and is constantly throwing it back in his face. His nutty glamour model wife (Wanda Nara) is his agent.

The pair of them are trouble. Even when Argentina had injury crisis up front he was kept away from the team as he is wildly unpopular. All off field stuff, but I dont think we need it. Good finisher, but a complete headcase / knacker.

Sign him up! Exactly what we need! we are far too nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

This Teixeira saga looks like it's going to rumble on for another bit

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/693898189791981569

Not sure if it was posted here but Teixeira was in Rio last night for Vasco da Gama's match:

http://espn.uol.com.br/noticia/574430_com-alex-teixeira-e-eurico-na-torcida-vasco-goleia-madureira-em-sao-januario

So presumably he's still in Brazil?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

8-10 wrote: »
    Not sure if it was posted here but Teixeira was in Rio last night for Vasco da Gama's match:

http://espn.uol.com.br/noticia/574430_com-alex-teixeira-e-eurico-na-torcida-vasco-goleia-madureira-em-sao-januario

So presumably he's still in Brazil?

As long as the paperwork is done before 11pm it'll be ok. I don't see it happening tho :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Sign him up! Exactly what we need! we are far too nice!
    Get him and Ballotelli playing together, there madness will cancel each other out and there football skills will shine. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just get Neymar in the summer to complete our Brazilian front line.

United are signing him and Ronnie so they can have a front three of Neymar, Martial, Ronaldo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Get him and Ballotelli playing together, there madness will cancel each other out and there football skills will shine. Fact.

what could possibly go wrong :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    United are signing him and Ronnie so they can have a front three of Neymar, Martial, Ronaldo
    I nearly hope they sign Ronaldo, 44% of his goals this season were against 2 opponents, Espanyol and Malmo

https://twitter.com/LucasNavarreteM/status/693898395476430848

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Knex. wrote: »
    Yay, one more game of crushing disappointment.

For this transfer window anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hmmmm
    Matt Hughes ‏@MattHughesTimes · 4m4 minutes ago
    #LFC reject improved offer of £1.5m rising to £3m from #Watford for Jerome Sinclair. #LFC want to use Sinclair as makeweight in other deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I nearly hope they sign Ronaldo, 44% of his goals this season were against 2 opponents, Espanyol and Malmo

https://twitter.com/LucasNavarreteM/status/693898395476430848

And yet is still joint top scorer in La Liga with 19 goals.
    That stat sounds worse than it really is.

killwill wrote: »
    And yet is still joint top scorer in La Liga with 19 goals.
    That stat sounds worse than it really is.

8 of the goals came in 2 games against Espanyol though. He scored 11 in the other 20 La Liga games......still decent anyway.....

NukaCola wrote: »
    8 of the goals came in 2 games against Espanyol though. He scored 11 in the other 20 La Liga games......still decent anyway.....
    Reading through a Real forum last night and there was a surprising number that think he is really on the wain and are looking for him to be replaced.

Reading through a Real forum last night and there was a surprising number that think he is really on the wain and are looking for him to be replaced.

Probably the same fans happy to bin a manager in short periods of time......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Have we signed Tex yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Pep confirmed as Man City manager for next season on a three year deal - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35461090

The PL just got a whole lot more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Stoke looking to get Imbula for 18m.
    Very good deal would like him at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Pep confirmed as Man City manager for next season on a three year deal - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35461090

Shame, I never had a problem with Pellegrini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

You can feel the heart break in the United thread after this news about pep to city.....

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Not really. It'll be city paying crazy cash to bring in high profile players and being in the title race season after season. It's been that way for a while now. I'd like to see Pep take on a challenge tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

You can feel the heart break in the United thread after this news about pep to city.....

They didn't want him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

john why wrote: »
    They didn't want him anyway.

Could of had him if they wanted I was told by many, club steeped in history, build a great united side bla bla bla bla

Oh the irony of it all, harping on about history when they mocked us for years.

Brother was convinced he was coming and that's why they hadn't sacked LVG yet, made my fcking day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its more annoyance of the way United have been operating over the last couple of years rather than anyone actually thinking Pep was ever going to join us.

If you look back through the threads since he announced he was leaving Bayern you would be hard pressed to find anyone that genuinely thought we would be an option for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd are just a bigger Liverpool now! :pac: ;)

Jaysus, there's about 700 mentions of Liverpool in that thread :D

Obsessed much? :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Vicxas wrote: »

Kess73 trying to rustle a few feathers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Chinese are a mad bunch...

Just because he has no caps for Brazil, they think he'll play for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

What a class act pelligrini is knows about it this month and carries on doing his job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I always felt Guardiola was going to City. I don't think Man U were ever in the equation for him. Mourinho will end up at Man U.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Shame, I never had a problem with Pellegrini.
    +1

He comes across as a gentleman, a rarity in football.

I came across this listing of net spending (:eek:) for last summer and the current transfer window, we have a net spend of £25m.

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/694136950102556672

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

What a class act pelligrini is knows about it this month and carries on doing his job

As opposed to leaving immediately and forgoing his remaining wages for the fixed term contract he is under?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Ronaldo did go back to utd in the summer then even in his reduced state (and he is past his peak now) he would still score 25 goals in all comps I reckon if he was fit for the majority of the season. I don't think he will go back there though, and even for utd it would use up a huge chunk of transfer budget with his fee and wages. I can't see them paying 60m+ for a 31 year old though.

James Pearce on twitter

Skrtel needs 2-3 more days before returning to training.
    Sturridge should return to training on Wednesday.
    Origi and Coutinho on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

James Pearce on twitter

All back on the physio table by Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

James Pearce on twitter

Dougal-Reaction.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Getting Sturridge back Wednesday will be the best bit of business God's done this Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Knex. wrote: »
    Getting Sturridge back Wednesday will be the best bit of business God's done this Spring.

Back in training Wednesday. 10 more days training before he is a selection option. No chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

And in other news, Pep is not going to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ebbsy wrote: »
    And in other news, Pep is not going to United.

Don't believe those stories going around. He's holding out for a club with history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Enrique in talks with NUFC. Please please please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sappy404 wrote: »

I knew this window would hold some positive.

Would he even pass a medical?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sappy404 wrote: »

I know he was only on the pitch acouple of minutes against West Ham, but his attempted free kick and then passing the ball to the opposition a couple of times should signal his end with us.

What a day if that goes through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

rob316 wrote: »
    I knew this window would hold some positive.

Would he even pass a medical?

Not if it involves kicking a ball. They'd diagnose partial lobotomy, judging by Saturday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement