Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Enrique to NUFC is the biggest deal of the day for me. SSN are going to go into meltdown when they heard about it in 2 hours time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Vicxas wrote: »
    What a day if that goes through!

Best transfer window this year if it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its off already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wait for it, he's not known as 360 for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The Chinese are a mad bunch...

Just because he has no caps for Brazil, they think he'll play for them.

Won't hear a word said against the Chinese - they're a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd imagine they choked when they heard he was £68k per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

rob316 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they choked when they heard he was £68k per week.

75k a week i thought.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

NukaCola wrote: »
    75k a week i thought.....

I heard Enrique went into a restaurant, and ate everything in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Enrique is deadwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Deadline day

DD7vM_f-maxage-0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mikeym wrote: »
    Enrique is deadwood.

Deadwood C0cksucker that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Icardi odds have been slashed to 4/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Deadline day

DD7vM_f-maxage-0.gif

Where's his yellow tie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Someone must have put €5 on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Augme wrote: »
    Someone must have put €5 on it.

They told me they keep silly bets secret.... :(

We signed Martins twin, that one slipped in under the radar...

https://twitter.com/IndigoLFC/status/694200881869393922

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

How do people feel about us not adding anyone in the January transfer window?

I am disappointed, we are basically standing still until the summer.....Klopp must know a bit about what he has to work with now and surely realises there is a lack of quality in a number of areas.

And Matip offered a new contract on double his previous wage so we probably won't see him this summer either:(

https://twitter.com/m_christenson/status/694162770363715584

I wonder is Wanda negotiating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

And Matip offered a new contract on double his previous wage so we probably won't see him this summer either:(

https://twitter.com/m_christenson/status/694162770363715584

Fine.

African players are a liability.

I'd rather not be guaranteed to lose lads for a quarter of every other season and the busiest quarter at that.

We've enough problems keeping the squad up and running as it is.

I know they've got the whole burning heat and equator thing going on, but South America manage to handle summer tournaments just fine.
    They need to sort their **** out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Some talk on twitter of Anfield prices being raised to £70. Incredibley foolish & selfish decision pricing out alot of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I am disappointed, we are basically standing still until the summer.....Klopp must know a bit about what he has to work with now and surely realises there is a lack of quality in a number of areas.

I'd rather us buy the right players than just settle for 3rd and 4th choice players. We already have a bloated squad. If we have to wait til the summer to get the higher priority targets then so be it. If we get Tex in the summer at half the price Shaktar are currently asking it'd be madness to make a deal now. The club clearly made efforts to make a big signing and you can't blame them for shaktar being insanely unreasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm disappointed but not surprised. We got Grujic and Caulker which is actually one more than I expected before the window opened. A promising player who is loaned back immediately is always expected. I just presumed we'd struggle on with what we had in defence.

What is disappointing is that Klopp has had quite a while to assess the squad and there are some glaring weaknesses in it. We have very few players in some positions, and our only back up in others are literally youth and reserve players with no top flight experience. Asking for trouble.

Plus, the chase after Teixeira at the very least acknowledged the issue with goalscoring at the club. They are aware of the issue and they are aware of the fact that we need to sign to solve it. But we haven't solved it and now have to limp to the end of the season with inadequate options. Signing an inferior secondary option wouldn't have been the answer, but that doesn't make it less disappointing to see our attack one man down for 4 more months does it?

However, I didn't expect mass upheaval in the side, and the return of all of the loan players means we actually have far more options at the end of the window than I would have expected. It certainly would have been nice to sign Teixeira, Matip and/or Cahill and get their bedding in period done and dusted between now and the end of the season so that we can hit the ground running next season, but it wasn't to be.

What it does do, too, though, is put substantially more pressure on the summer window to get it right. Rather than signing one or two first team players now, and two or three more in the summer, we'll be looking at 4, 5+++ in the one window instead. More bedding in time, more risk, more money to be spent all at once...

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    The club clearly made efforts to make a big signing and you can't blame them for shaktar being insanely unreasonable.

How very dare they not sell us their best player in the middle of a season.

Bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

MD1990 wrote: »
    Some talk on twitter of Anfield prices being raised to £70. Incredibley foolish & selfish decision pricing out alot of fans.

Just saw that. If that's true then FSG are proving themselves to be absolute shits of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd rather us buy the right players than just settle for 3rd and 4th choice players. We already have a bloated squad. If we have to wait til the summer to get the higher priority targets then so be it. If we get Tex in the summer at half the price Shaktar are currently asking it'd be madness to make a deal now. The club clearly made efforts to make a big signing and you can't blame them for shaktar being insanely unreasonable.

Maybe that'll happen, though I'd say its more likely that he goes for more than we were offering, to a better club than us.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Maybe that'll happen, though I'd say its more likely that he goes for more than we were offering, to a better club than us.

That's the real worry.

As nice as it would be to get him now, it wouldn't really have much practical use in the here and now.
    Cups are a crap shoot and we're too far gone in the league.

But for some reason he's been overlooked by Europe's top clubs up until now. We can't be anywhere near as confident that that'll still be true in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Personally expected nothing more. 2 players in....1 bought for the future, 1 loan for now and an attempt to get another that we know of.
    Caulker knows he is a stop gap and if he impresses he will be offered something by Klopp if QPR stay realistic with the price. The man is planning and getting to know what he has and how the land lies. He did the same in Dortmund in his first year....dont forget he said from day one it will take time.

On a positive note.....not getting players in means he may give youth a chance in the PL and we may discover that what we have will be up to the job. Lewandowski, Hummels, Subotic, Gotze, Schmelzer....all average in their first season with him and then he made them into champions. Rome wasnt built in a day....and we have to remember he is only in the job a few months.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ticket prices going up again. Well done club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

MD1990 wrote: »

Fsg out if thats the case. We should be treated as supporters not customers

Gbear wrote: »
    How very dare they not sell us their best player in the middle of a season.

Bastards.

Thats not what I mean. If he's not for sale he's not for sale. But even asking for the amount they are asking for is ludicrous. They can do it but it doesn't mean they aren't being unreasonable.

Gbear wrote: »
    That's the real worry.

As nice as it would be to get him now, it wouldn't really have much practical use in the here and now.
    Cups are a crap shoot and we're too far gone in the league.

But for some reason he's been overlooked by Europe's top clubs up until now. We can't be anywhere near as confident that that'll still be true in the summer.

Especially with the managerial merry-go-round that will occur in the summer - Chelsea, United and City will all have new managers. As will Munich, Valencia and potentially one or both of the Milan clubs. Atleti too, if one of the big boys makes a move for Simeone.

That's a lot of clubs with a lot of money who will be looking to bringing in playing staff to change things up and make their stamp, and I wouldn't be surprised if Teixeira ends up on quite a few 'wanted' lists. He's the style of player that's most popular right now, the aggressive winger-striker that can pop up and cause damage from anywhere.

Especially with the managerial merry-go-round that will occur in the summer - Chelsea, United and City will all have new managers. As will Munich, Valencia and potentially one or both of the Milan clubs. Atleti too, if one of the big boys makes a move for Simeone.

That's a lot of clubs with a lot of money who will be looking to bringing in playing staff to change things up and make their stamp, and I wouldn't be surprised if Teixeira ends up on quite a few 'wanted' lists. He's the style of player that's most popular right now, the aggressive winger-striker that can pop up and cause damage from anywhere.

Thats all true but we still can't spend the money they're asking for on him? It'd be madness. He's not worth it and I imagine it would handicap us severely in who we could bring in in the summer.

Thats not what I mean. If he's not for sale he's not for sale. But even asking for the amount they are asking for is ludicrous. They can do it but it doesn't mean they aren't being unreasonable.

I'd say a deal would have gotten done for 35m sterling.
    I know the owner was blustering about even more, but that's about normal in these things. We low ball with our 20something offer, he publicly counters with a ludicrously high offer - the result would have been somewhere between.

<edit>
    Quote from Lucescu (his manager) in December;
    "Alex is now worth more than €40m (£29m)," the Romanian said.

"I think at the end of the season, were he to continue his performance, his value is €50m (£36.3m)."

I'd say a deal would have gotten done for 35m sterling.

Based on? Thats just an opinion and Shaktar expressly stated that they wouldn't sell unless we matched their valuation, which is inflated due to the timing of the bid.

Based on? Thats just an opinion and Shaktar expressly stated that they wouldn't sell unless we matched their valuation, which is inflated due to the timing of the bid.

i edited my thing above with a quote. Also, just logic. As you said yourself the owners blustering was ludicrous, after our quite-low offer. This happens nigh on every transfer.
    'We'll give you this"
    "I want twice that!"
    "Ok lets settle in the middle".

Simply put, he'll leave, it won't be for 70m euros (their return play), it won't be for 35 million euros (our offer), it'll be between the 2 at about 50m euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

5starpool wrote: »
    Ticket prices going up again. Well done club.
    ricero wrote: »

**** move from FSG if its true. Certainly a lot of disillusionment among fans at the minute, even with Klopp and the cup final to come.

Green Scouser, an Irish LFC... tweeter I suppose? ... put it well: "As the squad gets worse, the tickets get dearer. #lfc"

It's an odd decision, though. Given the colossal amounts of money coming in through TV deals and the increase capacity coming by next season, the club would have been due for quite a major financial bump without having to even endure the negative PR they'll get from this.

Deloitte's Money League, issued in January, said our matchday revenue is currently €75m, with commercial €153m and broadcasting €163m.

The match day income is low, for sure, but that's because of the low capacity. This will be remedied with an increased capacity. Adding an extra demand onto each ticket is going to prompt protests from fan groups, bad PR and more unpleasantness.

Where we really fall behind is in our commercial ventures - PSG's commercial income is almost double ours, while Man United, Real, Barca are all €100million more.

T/L - yes we can make more money from gate receipts, but the real cash is there to be made in commercial ventures. THATS where LFC fall behind big time. Getting an extra 10-15m in gate receipts (if even?) won't put us anywhere near the top level again, but a few more savvy commercial deals would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Someone was asking about Luis Alberto a while back:

https://twitter.com/Musker_LFC/status/694247563231416320

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Certainly a lot of disillusionment among fans at the minute, even with Klopp and the cup final to come.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

It's been a long time since Liverpool fans were not treated like customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fsg don't give a **** about the local supporter, they want the overseas supporter who come to anfield a couple of times a year who doesn't care about the ticket price and is mugged for £200 in the club shop.
    Sad reality is they will continue to sell out every seat on the house.
    Supporters can boycott whatever they want someone else will gladly have your seat, -this is a multi billion pound business.

£70 to watch a football match is scandalous though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I now have serious question marks about FSG. They did save the club but we have sold our best players & not really spent that much when you consider how much our wage bill is behind Arsenal,Man Utd,Man City & Chelsea. We like overpaying for players brcause they have relatively cheap wages compared to the better players we miss out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Gary neville is after signing that pup from real Madrid. Cheriv or whatever his name is

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

magma69 wrote: »
    It's been a long time since Liverpool fans were not treated like customers.

The worst part of the clubs official ticketing policy is the Thomas Cook type official packages with hotel accommodation for 1 night (based on 2 sharing) and a normal match ticket of up to £300. That is absolutely scandalous. I've never bought them and have no intention of doing it, but get the official mails from the club.

Fans are only income and something they want to be able to point to in terms of atmosphere to make more people give them money, even when the atmosphere has been rubbish for years. It's all a total con, and while I know it's all about money, they should stop pretending they care. Charging people half the price of a match ticket for the opportunity to buy a match ticket is also disgraceful, and it all adds up to the reason why I didn't go to any games or renew my membership for this season despite having been to a lot of games in recent years.

• Advertisement

We're linked with 18yo James Maddison, an attacking midfielder surprisingly, from Coventry in the summer probably. Qualifies for Ireland through a grandparent as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is the £70 an increase in a season ticket or a standard price to watch a game (even from the terraces?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Personally I am not disappointed. If Klopp's targets are not available in this window then we can just wait for the next one. I didn't get my hopes up about Tex and am not deflated about his absence. The situation gives the club (Klopp + other TC members) more time to scout their targets, more choice in the summer, and more time for Klopp to work with what is available currently.

All that and we have avoided the annual "panic buy" too. It's unusual to try to verbalize satisfaction with a fruitless transfer window, but I'm happy we are taking a longer term / more strategic approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

We're merely keeping pace with the rest of the mafia when it comes to ticket prices. It's naive to expect a US based business to be thinking about low income local fans.

If we wanted that sort of club we'd need to have some sort of fan ownership structure which would probably mean financial restrictions on wages and transfer fees. That's the football business environment we live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

It won't impact us Irish based fans who travel over for the odd game, as much as a large contingent of the local supporters who would be regular match-goers.

In that respect, Klopp is going to have a real challenge to keep the atmosphere lively as tourists don't generally make as much noise or know the songs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement