Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Doumbia on a loan to Newcastle...would gave liked a piece of that!

The Pato one I won't apportion too much blame, he'd have likely picked Chelsea regardless, but Doumbia could have been very useful to have and surely we're a bigger draw than Newcastle. Good finisher, good in the air, and makes runs in behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The amount of players that will have to come back from injury\loan that will contribute to this team seem to be get forgotten.

Flanagan came back and he was excellent for a chap that was coming back after over a year out of the game.

We have Ings and Gomez to come back next year. Both of which will contribute to the team in some capacity. Markovic will make an impact next season -I have no doubt about this.

I think it was good to see us go for Tex but not go for some ****ty back up when we couldn't get him.

I think Klopp is getting a good read of the club but will ousting a lot players in the summer - lucas needs upgrading, so does

I think we need 5 quality players brought in -ter stegen, matip, grujic, tex and a another and we need to clear 10 players out -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Money has this game ruined, the pl is a farce and is only going to get worse, i myself am becoming more distanced from football as the seasons go on and its mainly down to how money is ruining the game from ticket prices, transfers, agents fees and wages, keep this going and in a few years i for one will no longer give a flying **** about pl football unfortunatly:(

May I interest you in your local League of Ireland club? Tickets cost no more than E15, the current record transfer fee is about 50k, an agent asking for a fee from the club would be laughed out the door, wages are pretty modest and the top end wouldn't exceed 2k a week. Who knows you might catch a glimpse of the next Seamus Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

garra wrote: »
    Most of the mistakes have been the signing of players who don't work out, or over-paying for middling players, this is what we have done "over and over again".

And they should stop making those mistakes as well.

This isn't the first time the club have failed to improve the first team when trophies were on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

May I interest you in your local League of Ireland club? Tickets cost no more than E15, the current record transfer fee is about 50k, an agent asking for a fee from the club would be laughed out the door, wages are pretty modest and the top end wouldn't exceed 2k a week. Who knows you might catch a glimpse of the next Seamus Coleman.

Jaysus. A non scorpy LOI post on the LFC thread. Fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Doumbia on a loan to Newcastle...would gave liked a piece of that!

The Pato one I won't apportion too much blame, he'd have likely picked Chelsea regardless, but Doumbia could have been very useful to have and surely we're a bigger draw than Newcastle. Good finisher, good in the air, and makes runs in behind.
    Doumbia is very injury prone though & looks about 40 as well. He was very poor at Roma too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Markovic will make an impact next season -I have no doubt about this.

How's he getting on out in Turkey btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I think Klopp is getting a good read of the club but will ousting a lot players in the summer - lucas needs upgrading, so does

Who who? I can't bear the suspense!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Looks like Ings could be back from his injury before Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In fairness, so will Stephen Hawking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thought we were on the box tonight. West Ham Villa who the hell do BT think will watch that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

paulie21 wrote: »
    West Ham Villa who the hell do BT think will watch that

David Cameron...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thought we were on the box tonight. West Ham Villa who the hell do BT think will watch that

On Sky Sports 1 apparently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fieldog wrote: »
    On Sky Sports 1 apparently...

Nope. Your brain must be Sturridged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ings back in light training, great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

David Cameron...

Who the hell are you? :) Name change or new to the thread? Either way, the new season of sunny is very good isnt it!

I'm happy enough with the transfer window and I'll share my secret why, you just gotta always expect a ****ty transfer window. Plus Klopp is our manager!! :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nope. Your brain must be Sturridged.

Apologies...

It's lined up on my err piracy thing as channel 2 which is SS1....

That may change by KO tonight though to that Premier League station thingy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Were on Premier League Pass. Get all the Premiership games there.

mormank wrote: »
    Who the hell are you? :) Name change or new to the thread? Either way, the new season of sunny is very good isnt it!

Name change, and no, not great sadly...

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Were on Premier League Pass. Get all the Premiership games there.

I get streams off that, how the hell do they get rights and Sky don't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Premier league pass is new Zealand I'm pretty sure. Users are using proxy's to watch the streams.

For $20 a month they get every game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Coz they're not in the UK.

I pay €10 every 2 months and I get everything, including those PL streams, haven't had an issue in years touch wood....

Thing is they won't take new sign ups, which is grand I'm sure it prevents server overload...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

________Mignolet___________
    Flanagan_Lovern_Sakho_Clyne_
    _________Lucas_____________
    _Milner______________Can_____
    _______Henderson___________
    ______Firmino_______________
    _________Benteke__________

I'd go with this. Would like to see both Firmino and Benteke
    Clyne better than Moreno, even on that side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

________Mignolet___________
    Flanagan_Lovern_Sakho_Clyne_
    _________Lucas_____________
    _Milner______________Can_____
    _______Henderson___________
    ______Firmino_______________
    _________Benteke__________

I'd go with this. Would like to see both Firmino and Benteke
    Clyne better than Moreno, even on that side.

no way lallana isnt starting. Klopp seems to fancy him due to his work rate and press. Expect a good game tonight could go either way i feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

2 up front away from home to the league leaders is madness

Firmino on his own up front please with Hendo, Milner, Can, Lallana and Allen pressing in midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mig
    Clyne---Lovren--Sakho--Moreno
    Lucas
    Can--Allen (Hendo?)
    ---Lallana--Firmino--Milner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Because broadcasters can only show each team a certain amount of times and have to show each team a certain amount of times

it's on NBC live stream tonight, which is free if you're in the US....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Benteke shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

It's the way the PL sells its matches in certain regions.

It's available in New Zealand and a few other countries.

But at $20 a month it is very cheap when compared to Sky Sports.

it's on NBC live stream tonight, which is free if you're in the US....

NBC you say? You getting that on Kodi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Good Article on Ticket Prices

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/02/liverpools-ticket-prices-a-missed-opportunity/

I will go into those questions. But, firstly, some clarification to the club’s announcement:
    • The club didn’t have the decency to send us a copy of their planned release. This despite an agreement throughout that we would all share planned releases on this. They were asked. They said they “hoped” they could share it with us. Hope. Instead, we are the only party that shared all our releases.
    • Yes, 64 per cent of season ticket holders will see prices decrease or freeze. The rest go up. At greater increments than the decreases
    • 45 per cent of match-day tickets see a decrease. The other 55 per cent? Same as above.
    • Yes, there is a £9 ticket. But it is available for just three matches a season, and just 527 of them a game. That’s 1,581 seats priced at £9 out of a possible 878,693 seats a season.
    • These local supporter tickets were introduced right at the end of the process, after we had asked for reductions to prices overall. This was their only “offer” with no consultation.
    • There are additional tickets for young supporters, a move we pushed for throughout and one we now welcome. We have fears on the long-term sustainability but this move should be applauded.
    • “13 months of consultation” is not a true reflection of what happened. We spent 13 months on it, but we haven’t been “consulted” — just presented with final plans and proposals.
    • The Ticket Working Group is not a sub-group of the Official Supporters’ Committee. The Ticket Working Group is made up of reps from SOS, Spion Kop 1906 and the Supporters’ Committee and came about following protests and a request to meet with the club, one acknowledged by John Henry. It has been independent of the Supporters Committee throughout. The club can’t even bring itself to acknowledge the other supporter groups involved.
    • The club have announced the highest match-day price to be £77. True, in their published prices. However the “Tier 1” proposals shown to us, have prices at: £175 for Category A matches, £100 for Category B and £85 for Category C. There are 834 of these tickets. The revenue for these seats was included in the £39million target for tickets set by the owners.
    • The club now say that these higher-price tickets are “low-level hospitality”. For those prices, they should be. But they have been included in discussions on “general admission” prices in all proposals presented. This only changed very recently, when they changed the name.
    • The club haven’t revealed yet what this “new” low-level hospitality will include. But in the same tier of prices where a season ticket costs £1,029, these prices are a 124 per cent mark up on average per match.
    • If people accept that these seats are now “hospitality”, the much talked about redevelopment and seat increase associated with the new Main Stand shifts. We were told half the new seats would be general admission (approximately 4,000) and the other half hospitality seats. This changes that to nearer 3,000 and 5,000 respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

6904__0444__match_day_prices_990px.jpg

9760__3775__2016-17_new_tier_stadium_map_ver_2-01.jpg

So they have split the stands up more to change different prices in different parts of the same stand

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rob316 wrote: »
    Premier league pass is new Zealand I'm pretty sure. Users are using proxy's to watch the streams.

For $20 a month they get every game!

Ya, I just signed up to that a couple of days ago, looking forward to seeing it in action tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Good to see some cheaper general tickets and for youngsters as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, I just signed up to that a couple of days ago, looking forward to seeing it in action tonight.

Are you down there or just 'fly' out regularly on VPN airlines?

NBC you say? You getting that on Kodi?

no, just here:

http://www.nbcsports.com/live-extra

I might give that a shot tonight and download the Cast plugin for Chrome and just cast the laptop to the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Can we watch that here using a VPN?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are you down there or just 'fly' out regularly on VPN airlines?

I'm a regular flyer all over the world.

gafferino wrote: »
    Can we watch that here using a VPN?

yes....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

yes....

Having not used VPN before.... any recommendations? Hola is fairly widely used.

tunnelbear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus. A non scorpy LOI post on the LFC thread. Fair play!

Haha I was never a fan of stereotypes! We all love the same game. I've been similarly disillusioned by the money and over indulgence of the EPL.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm a regular flyer all over the world.

Same as myself !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Don't go near Hola really stay away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Free VPN generally aren't great, I used to use tunnelbear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Apparently we've scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes in the PL. If we stop conceding so many in the first 15, that would be great.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

K-9 wrote: »
    Apparently we've scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes in the PL. If we stop conceding so many in the first 15, that would be great.

Where are all the "get sami/ steve clarke in" posts gone to ??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement