Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Where are all the "get sami/ steve clarke in" posts gone to ??

We need to get a settled CB partnership going for me. Good few players out of form too, Sakho, Lucas, Ibe anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Do you need an account for this or am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gafferino wrote: »
    Having not used VPN before.... any recommendations? Hola is fairly widely used.

Don't use Hola. They sell your bandwidth to other users who can then download whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rob316 wrote: »
    Free VPN generally aren't great, I used to use tunnelbear

Anyone recommend any free VPN just for the purpose of tonight rather than signing up with a fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't use Hola. They sell your bandwidth to other users who can then download whatever they want.

Aye, but apparently only when you're idle. So in theory, you can just disable it when not in use.

Knex. wrote: »
    Aye, but apparently only when you're idle. So in theory, you can just disable it when not in use.

True.

I use UnBlock US for Netflix and its great. Wouldnt risk Hola anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Do you need an account for this or am I doing something wrong?

I'm getting the same now, i've only used it to watch NFL before and never been asked before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I might give that a shot tonight and download the Cast plugin for Chrome and just cast the laptop to the TV.

Chromecast and VPN airlines do not mix well. Think about it, you are encrypting your data from your laptop/phone, meaning that the Chromecast device would need to decrypt it in order to stream your media.. but there is no method to install VPN airlines onto the Chromecast device. I learnt this the hard way so thought I would share :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Same as myself !!

indeed have a couple of paid options - 1 just as a back up.... needed!

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »
    Chromecast and VPN airlines do not mix well. Think about it, you are encrypting your data from your laptop/phone, meaning that the Chromecast device would need to decrypt it in order to stream your media.. but there is no method to install VPN airlines onto the Chromecast device. I learnt this the hard way so thought I would share :o

Ok.

I'll have to give my friend Valhalla a shout in Phoniex so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What are you all talking about? :confused:

Ok.

I'll have to give my friend Valhalla a shout in Phoniex so :)

or use HDMI cable from your laptop into your TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

So a clash between the league leaders and a team hoping for European quailification is exactly how I hoped this game would pan out. Not quite what I was hoping for though.

Be careful what you wish for, eh?:(

The club fleecing supporters next season in ticket prices for certain stands.

Sad state of affairs

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Aw shtop not another central midfielder fest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i'm guessing its something like;

Mig
    Clyne
    Lovren---Sakho----Moreno
    Lucas
    Hendo----Can
    ----Milner
    Lallana
    Firmino

Well...at least it's arguably our first choice back 5 for the first time in a while (weird saying that with Lovren in the team).

Doesn't make for a good looking game of football though...lots of Milner and Lallana getting it wide, then turning backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Someone messaged myself about Redit and soccer streams, so I googled it and its worked perfect since. Its kind of like a broker for streams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Someone messaged myself about Redit and soccer streams, so I googled it and its worked perfect since. Its kind of like a broker for streams.

Yep, there's always a hd link for every game too

• Advertisement

Why doesn't he do this more often?

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/694594269600854016

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Yep, there's always a hd link for every game too

Ye its brilliant.. I have an andriod box running kodi on beast mode but I much prefer the desktop and Redit.

Thanks X43r0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Come on Reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

CHRIST, If Moreno had a brain he'd be lethal. A Spanish Stewart Downing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

At this stage I'm fairly certain that Moreno won a 100m race where the first prize was a professional football contract. It's the only thing that makes season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

said by commentator: it seems to be a Liverpool maxim to give the ball to Moreno
    not said by commentator: it seems to be a Leicester maxim to let him have it cos he is **** and won't do a ****ing thing with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Was a shocking mess by moreno but he's been one of our best players today. One of the few causing any problems out there and threatening behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Was a shocking mess by moreno but he's been one of our best players today. One of the few causing any problems out there and threatening behind.

stop seriously. You don't cause problems by simply having the ball a lot. He has done absolutely nothing with it. Also took a throw in straight to one of their players and they nearly scored from it.

I don't rate him at all. I'd like to see Flanagan given an extended run at LB for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's causing problems because he's being allowed to.

They don't have any worries at all about him having the run of the left flank because if he can **** it up he will.

I'm doing a massive U-turn on Moreno.
    I was happy to dismiss the problems with his defending because **** defending.
    But you cannot succeed if you're that bloody stupid.

We've seen a fair few thickos in our time, particualrly at LB, but Alby may well be the worst of the bunch.

It's a pity. He's technically pretty sound and has got as much pace as you could ever need.
    Unfortunately I don't think stupid is something that can be fixed.

Gbear wrote: »
    He's causing problems because he's being allowed to.

They don't have any worries at all about him having the run of the left flank because if he can **** it up he will.

I'm doing a massive U-turn on Moreno.
    I was happy to dismiss the problems with his defending because **** defending.
    But you cannot succeed if you're that bloody stupid.

We've seen a fair few thickos in our time, particualrly at LB, but Alby may well be the worst of the bunch.

It's a pity. He's technically pretty sound and has got as much pace as you could ever need.
    Unfortunately I don't think stupid is something that can be fixed.

They're not letting him. He's creating the space with his pace. His final ball has been shocking tonight but if we're to score a goal I'd bet it's most likely to come down his side.

He's not brainless imo just playing with little confidence like the rest of them. He's shown he can put in great balls before. And strike it well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

That goal changes everyth.. Oh no wait it doesn't change a thing. Cups.

It was an insane goal. Sometimes they happen. Of course it won't stop people having a go at Lovren and Sakho but if a striker wants to take a pop there you have to let them. You can't risk them just knocking it past you if you go to block it. Its a mad goal and kind of sums up this season. We've played well enough in phases today but we just lack the killer ball or a winger who can take a man on and beat him. There's 3 players around Firmino every time he gets the ball. Very little he can do. How Lucas is having multiple shots i don't know.

We need to start giving Allen a shot in there imo.

It was an insane goal. Sometimes they happen. Of course it won't stop people having a go at Lovren and Sakho but if a striker wants to take a pop there you have to let them. You can't risk them just knocking it past you if you go to block it. Its a mad goal and kind of sums up this season. We've played well enough in phases today but we just lack the killer ball or a winger who can take a man on and beat him. There's 3 players around Firmino every time he gets the ball. Very little he can do. How Lucas is having multiple shots i don't know.

We need to start giving Allen a shot in there imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I'm just happy when we manage a shot on target these days or defend a ****ing corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Klopp has had no inpact on results at all it seems. Worse than Rodgers if anything.

I defend Moreno and Sakho a ton... they're not making it easy tonight.

But i'll focus on how bad Lalanna is... he's honestly the biggest problem we have. We're crying out for a winger who can commit a man. Its killing us... we have no penetration at all.

But i'll focus on how bad Lalanna is... he's honestly the biggest problem we have. We're crying out for a winger who can commit a man. Its killing us... we have no penetration at all.

*sighs*. 9 points from 4th place that fantasy is dead for even the deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

I hate our attack, constantly in the final third but I never feel like we're going to score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's probably been our best player.

Lallana isn't bad if he's not doing something that's not his job.

He's not direct, he's not a striker, he doesn't have pace.

He needs those players around him.

We don't have them.

There's a reason why Klopp picks him every single game and our win rate falls off a cliff when he's not there.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Klopp has had no inpact on results at all it seems. Worse than Rodgers if anything.

Manager in struggling to get players who he didn't choose and don't suit his system not making them world beaters shocker?!?

I've seen enough from Klopp to make me confident that he's the best manager we can hope to have. To be even posting sh*t like that is so irrelevant. Demanding miracles from a manager who has a bloated and ridiculously imbalanced squad to pick from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

**** sake jurgen please shake it up from here on out, sick of seeing the same useless showever do **** all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Once again Sakho gives away a goal. Wonder what the excuses will be tonight to defend him. He's absolutely one of the worst defenders we've had. He needs to go.

Gbear wrote: »
    He's probably been our best player.

Lallana isn't bad if he's not doing something that's not his job.

He's not direct, he's not a striker, he doesn't have pace.

He needs those players around him.

We don't have them.

There's a reason why Klopp picks him every single game and our win rate falls off a cliff when he's not there.

We must be watching a different game... he's been shocking imo. What does he offer? He never plays the killer ball, never makes a run behind and rarely makes a defender commit. I'll be shocked if he's starting next year. We just have no options since we have no wingers. Thats why we went for Tex.

I hate our attack, constantly in the final third but I never feel like we're going to score.

What attack? Until we get a striker fit and as long as well have slow, lumps at the back there is going to be no improvement.

I'd prefer to see the Academy players fill out several positions for the rest of this season.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    **** sake jurgen please shake it up from here on out, sick of seeing the same useless showever do **** all.

Who do we bring in? none of the kids outside of maybe Ojo look ready for a run in the team imo? I've no doubt that Origi, Coutinho and Sturridge (lol) returning to fitness will lead to changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A rarely spotted Arsenal fan in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I honestly dont think i have faith in any player in this squad, Coutinho perhaps... A truly shocking bunch of players, desperate times. Looks like the club didnt even bother their bollix getting anyone in this Jan either, par for the course really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Nicked from twitter but it sums up the current squad.
    Average goalkeeper. No good centre backs. A left back who has no brain. Midfielders who don't score and no fit strikers. We are Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Gonna be fun to see who gets player of the year for Liverpool. Who would even be nominated

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement