Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Klopp has had no inpact on results at all it seems. Worse than Rodgers if anything.

With the amount of games we've had since he came in has he even had more than 2 days to work with the players between games to work with them properly?

It must be very hard to get you methods across if your only doing light sessions between games because they are coming so soon after each other and no one has time to recover.

It's hard to know to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Klopp has some serious job to do with this side,there are so many who need to be shown the door it's crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We must be watching a different game... he's been shocking imo. What does he offer? He never plays the killer ball, never makes a run behind and rarely makes a defender commit. I'll be shocked if he's starting next year. We just have no options since we have no wingers. Thats why we went for Tex.

Play the killer ball?

To who?

One of our 4 CMs?

Lallana is playing up front for some reason.
    Next to him is a wing forward.
    The only fit CF we have is a vegetable.

We almost never have anyone in the box.
    We certainly don't have anyone making any runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Klopp has some serious job to do with this side,there are so many who need to be shown the door it's crazy

well just look at how many he got rid of in his first summer with dortmund. Klopp will have no problem shifting the dead weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who do we bring in? none of the kids outside of maybe Ojo look ready for a run in the team imo? I've no doubt that Origi, Coutinho and Sturridge (lol) returning to fitness will lead to changes.

Smith and allen for a start. Heck id even throw in a brannagan or a texeira too at this stage as the 'senior' players are playing so brutal i dont see why not tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I honestly dont think i have faith in any player in this squad, Coutinho perhaps... A truly shocking bunch of players, desperate times. Looks like the club didnt even bother their bollix getting anyone in this Jan either, par for the course really.

You miss the bid we made for Tex?? There's a TON to criticize the club for but thats not one of them imo. (giving Mignolet a 5 year contract is one)

doc_17 wrote: »
    Once again Sakho gives away a goal. Wonder what the excuses will be tonight to defend him. He's absolutely one of the worst defenders we've had. He needs to go.

He's not one of the worst defenders we have actually quite the opposite.

However he has been dog**** tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I wouldn't be disappointed if any single one of these players is sold on in the summer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not that this team are playing well, but we really should be playing whatever Klopp thinks is our strongest team in the cup replay and making changes for the Sunderland game if necessary.

Even if we won our last 11 games (lol) we'd finish outside the top 4.

Not that this team are playing well, but we really should be playing whatever Klopp thinks is our strongest team in the cup replay and making changes for the Sunderland game if necessary.

Even if we won our last 11 games (lol) we'd finish outside the top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I honestly dont think i have faith in any player in this squad, Coutinho perhaps... A truly shocking bunch of players, desperate times. Looks like the club didnt even bother their bollix getting anyone in this Jan either, par for the course really.

Given that the utter garbage we're playing tonight are top of the league, I'm not sure why you'd say that.

This league is appallingly low in quality.

Granted, I wouldn't like to see this squad take on Europe's heavyweights - heaven knows that could get embarassing - but the league is just poor and there's a reason why we're still 7th without any attack at all and possibly the worst keeper in the league and it's not because all of our players are awful.

At least not releative to the teams we're likely to be playing most weeks.

klose wrote: »
    Smith and allen for a start. Heck id even throw in a brannagan or a texeira too at this stage as the 'senior' players are playing so brutal i dont see why not tbh.

Allen i agree with but my feelings on Moreno are pretty clear. I think he's one of our best players and if we had anyone who could exploit the space he creates with his forward runs we'd be a lot better. But we don't have anyone who can do that. Nobody in this team outside of Firmino can force a defender to commit themselves and he's getting swamped by 3 players when teams to the clever thing and sit back against us.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Gonna be fun to see who gets player of the year for Liverpool. Who would even be nominated

Clyne should based on his performances to date.

Has been been our most consistent player this year by a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

emmetkenny wrote: »

Sakho has started letting balls bounce rather than attacking them. Never used to do that before but he's done it 2 or 3 times recently. That's defending 101.

flanzer wrote: »
    I wouldn't be disappointed if any single one of these players is sold on in the summer.

You'd want Firmino sold? Clyne? Can? Henderson?

ricero wrote: »
    well just look at how many he got rid of in his first summer with dortmund. Klopp will have no problem shifting the dead weight

I hope your right mate I really do,because this team will achieve **** all again this year and that includes the lc final where I expect us to get a hammering

Sakho has started letting balls bounce rather than attacking them. Never used to do that before but he's done it 2 or 3 times recently. That's defending 101.

He's in a poor run of form. Nobody could possibly deny that but i think he's shown enough to not write him off as sh*t. His confidence is clearly low and thats when players start doing stuff like that. Tbh he still doesn't look fit to me. He's very hesitant. Looks afraid to commit to a challenge and content to just try block it. The opposite of what he usually does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Manager in struggling to get players who he didn't choose and don't suit his system not making them world beaters shocker?!?

I've seen enough from Klopp to make me confident that he's the best manager we can hope to have. To be even posting sh*t like that is so irrelevant. Demanding miracles from a manager who has a bloated and ridiculously imbalanced squad to pick from.

Dont get your knickers in a twist. Merely saying I thought Klopp would of had more of an impact on results. I seem to recall many singing Klopps praises after thumping City and Chelsea but whe n yous arent getting the results suddenly its all Brendan Rodgers fault :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'm just going on the evidence of what I see when he's able to play for us.

I wouldn't be surprised if in two years we had a completely different starting 11 in a PL match.

• Advertisement

The only players I wouldn't like sold would be Clyne and continho,the rest can **** right off

I said I wouldn't be disappointed. And I wouldn't be

Edit: Can is headless. All the drive, but clueless in the top 1/3. Firminho is a bit like that too Henderson is not a top 4 player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Mig: Can't believe they've given the lad a 5 year deal! Sure extend his contract so you don't lose him on a free but 5 fooking years

Levron: ?

Joe Allen: For all I've given him stick earlier in the season deserves a start over some other players

Hendo: I've a lot of time for the Captain but with his injury he's becoming a bit-part player. Unfortunately we've Milner as VC

Benteke : the lads a walking ball of ****e that scores the odd goal

We should have made moves during the window, our team is missing alot on the pitch.
    But at this point the 4th place Arsenal trophy is out of contention so I'd play the the young guns in the league and focus on the cups

Gbear wrote: »
    Given that the utter garbage we're playing tonight are top of the league.

Leicester are far from utter garbage.

They've played very well this season and have been consistent, scored plenty of goals and havent conceded to many.

They've given a lot of the 'top' teams a run for their money this season and fair play to Raneiri and the team for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

He's not a bad defender but he's not a particularly great defender either. I don't think he (and neither Lovern nor Skrtel unfortunately) have the consistency or temperament to be the backbone of a top four team. Truthfully, those three are only good enough as 3rd choice CBs in a team with ambitions to be consistently top four. It pains me to say it but none of them have performed adequately this season. And Moreno (as many are saying) doesn't seem to have a brain in his head.

The two centre backs(no mater who we play there) are a bag of nerves and that's why they make mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They've played very well this season and have been consistent, scored plenty of goals and havent conceded to many.

They've given a lot of the 'top' teams a run for their money this season and fair play to Raneiri and the team for that.

He wasn't referring to Leicester City

Cups have to be prioritised now

They absolutely deserve to be where they are. Fearless, and play with balls of steel. I love watching them play. I hope they win the league

Sakho hasn't been at the races recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Its funny that even up to a few weeks ago lads in here were telling me that Leicester will not make top 4, that they are starting to slide and that they are this years Southampton and only a matter of time before they fall out of the top 4........i wonder what those lads are thinking now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The only players I wouldn't like sold would be Clyne and continho,the rest can **** right off

Clyne Gomez coutinho and ings everyone else can **** off

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Too busy painting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Sorry state. Lacking in direction and quality. No purpose in the attack and full of fear at the back. No wonder Jurgen was watching the Leicester warm up before hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Bouncing balls, instead of meeting them.

The entire team looks shagged and devoid of any inspiration.

I'd just play the best Academy players and bin the likes of Benteke and Moreno for good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

And these players were rested klopp needs to play strongest teams in the cup were ****ed in the league

Great day for the club to announce the ticket price changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Missed the game tonight.

Quite happy about that.

Obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Missed the game tonight.

Quite happy about that.

Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I haven't this angry in a long time. So frustrating to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sick of the whole fcking team,every fckin one of them,it will be a miracle if klopp has us challenging within his contract,a miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A Firmino, Lallana, Milner front 3 has all the cutting edge of a blunt butter knife.

Firmino has some promise with better players around him. As for the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sakho is in a bad run of form atm. If we had any even half decent CB, he would be rested for a game or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have to get rid of the transfer committee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lallana offered nothing in that game.....didn't do any pressing of any sort, yet another passenger performance....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Missed the game tonight.

Quite happy about that.

Obviously.
    Missed the game tonight.

Quite happy about that.

Obviously.
    Yeah, rub it in, why don't ya?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Any chance we could have Melwood nuked from orbit mid-training and just claim the insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Poor, just poor.

Moreno does nothing. Doesn't defend well, can't take a free kick (why is he taking free kicks??!!) and for all the balls he attempts to get in to the box none are of great quality.

I'd question bringing Lovren back for this game given the pace of Vardy and Mahrez.

I have absolutely no idea what Sahko was thinking in the build up to the second goal.

Can is a disappointment. For someone of his build and skill he should be bossing the midfield in nearly every game but he just seems to have no presence.

Firmino lacks consistency. I'm hoping he needs a season to under his belt to get going but I doubt it, it never happens for our players!!

Benteke unfortunately will end up being loaned out to someone with us paying his wages as no one will buy him for anywhere close to what we did.

Lallana could be a good squad player but he should not be a starting player for us anymore.

It really does look like a complete overhaul is needed.

The only good thing I can take from Klopp joining us in October is that he gets a proper look at how this league is and he should know the type of player is required to compete.

As people have been saying there is absolutely no pace in this team and that's what needs to be addressed most. Where so slow in joining an attack and so slow at getting back on counters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Poor, just poor.

Moreno does nothing. Doesn't defend well, can't take a free kick (why is he taking free kicks??!!) and for all the balls he attempts to get in to the box none are of great quality.

I'd question bringing Lovren back for this game given the pace of Vardy and Mahrez.

I have absolutely no idea what Sahko was thinking in the build up to the second goal.

Can is a disappointment. For someone of his build and skill he should be bossing the midfield in nearly every game but he just seems to have no presence.

Firmino lacks consistency. I'm hoping he needs a season to under his belt to get going but I doubt it, it never happens for our players!!

Benteke unfortunately will end up being loaned out to someone with us paying his wages as no one will buy him for anywhere close to what we did.

Lallana could be a good squad player but he should not be a starting player for us anymore.

It really does look like a complete overhaul is needed.

The only good thing I can take from Klopp joining us in October is that he gets a proper look at how this league is and he should know the type of player is required to compete.

As people have been saying there is absolutely no pace in this team and that's what needs to be addressed most. Where so slow in joining an attack and so slow at getting back on counters.

Clyne Gomez coutinho and ings everyone else can **** off

You'd keep Gomez and Ings who have played what 12 games between them for Liverpool?

Yet you'd ship out the likes of Henderson(good player obviously badly affected by this heel injury), Firmino (clearly a very good player still adapting to the league) and Sturridge (great scoring record when's he's not dead).

You sir should be awarded the most ridiculous post of the evening and its still early yet but I highly doubt your will be topped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm afraid klopp deserves heavy criticism here, he just can't keep picking the same players who contribute nothing.
    Henderson wad awful but he seems to be really struggling trying to play through this injury.
    Lucas, can, lallana, Milner, moreno all out the door in the summer please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement