Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I don't believe that.
    We compete with teams that are '' having great seasons'' yet we have endless injuries and no striker scoring goals.
    We should be applauded for competing under these circumstances.
    With a fit Sturridge we'd be 2 up by the time Leicester hit us on break with a wonder goal.

Deluded. What are you basing this on that Liverpool are better than a side just challenging for top 6? They have a dreadful squad and don't seem to play with any sort of a plan at all.

They were beaten last night by a team that have better quality players, more heart and look to be better coached also.

Last night was a classic case of a top of the table side disposing of a mid table team at home relatively comfortably. A run of the mill sort of win really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We've turned over the players, the manager, the revenue system, the sponsors, and all while expanding the stadium and getting increased money from the PL TV Deal.

The only constant in all of this has been the owners and the transfer committee.

I'm still annoyed at last night, as it was a culmination of things, in many ways, so perhaps I'm not at my most rational, but the issue clearly lies with the players now. Transfer committee needs to be totally hauled over.

Rodgers arguably lost his job due to the players signed, because lets face it, he's not a bad manger. Absolutely I'm happier to have Klopp at the helm, but jesus is there a lot of work to be done. I honestly can't say that performances have gotten better since he took over.

Its ridiculous to think that we still have this uncertainty around our transfers. When Rodgers got the boot, the committee likely should have too. Still relying on Sturridge is embarrassing for a club with our supposed ambition.

I thought Benteke would work out, but he's just playing like a shadow of himself. Last night was pathetic. He was worse than Carroll was for us. Genuinely. I did not think I'd say that about him.

I'd be inclined to give a pass to the club, considering we signed Benteke, Ings and Firmino last summer, and got Origi back, but they saw how it developed over the following few months, and did nothing to help the issue this window.

Disregard Sturridge as being a relevant player for us. Honestly. Yeah, when fit, he's our best player, but I had a higher success rate in the teenage discos back in the day, than he does of being fit, and I'm fucking ginger.

That leaves us with Benteke, who looks like he lost any confidence or chance to make it here. Ings, who while looked promising, blew his knee and is still unproven at this level. And Origi, who is as raw as WWE.

Goals boost confidence, and that masks the deficiencies of the rest of the squad. I honestly think the rest is largely irrelevant in comparison. Mignolet? Moreno? Lovren? Doesn't matter when we can score goals. The year we came 2nd proved that. Hell, Leicester prove it.

The league is absolute dog shit, and we're navigating our way through games like Stevie Wonder on speed. A lot of hustle and movement, but fuck all vision or end product where it matters.

I'm normally far more tolerant and patient of players, but I'm fed up now. Get Benteke out in the summer. Get Lallana out. Get in one fast, agile striker who can kick the ****ing ball into the net with their foremost thought, and think about it later, without feeling the need to turn in circles, and Cryuff myself into a meltdown. Or worse, someone staring into the box, 60 yards from the action, like a Melvin trainspotter looking at the tracks.

Klopp wants heavy metal football? We're still playing like a Japanese women's fucking pop band. Totally flat, with nothing going on up front.

The only saving grace for me, is I can only imagine how god dammed annoyed Klopp must be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, I just signed up to that a couple of days ago, looking forward to seeing it in action tonight.

Just wondering how it worked out for you? is it worth getting?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are people actually trying to blame Lovren for that Vardy goal?? LOL. Go home lads, you're drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I hope Klopp plays the same 11 but with Benteke in for Firmino against Sunderland and keeps the better players for the West Ham game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

dogbert27 wrote: »
    article-3428862-30D615B900000578-782_964x379.jpg

Vardy has only one thing on his mind and Lovren has already stopped his run.
    In fairness, Vardy could also feint the shot there and try to drag the ball inside Lovren. Lovren did nothing wrong.

Lovren dives in for the block, Vardy cuts inside, we all lambast Lovren for being a total ****wit, not knowing where in the pitch he is, and how Vardy would have to hit a one in a million shot to score from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are people actually trying to blame Lovren for that Vardy goal?? LOL. Go home lads, you're drunk.

I wish!!! :pac:

Ardent wrote: »
    In fairness, Vardy could also feint the shot there and try to drag the ball inside Lovren. Lovren did nothing wrong.

If I was Lovren, I'd actually be delighted to see him shoot. Go ahead son. It's just a wonder goal. People should enjoy football sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The squad was worse last season and we at least managed decent runs.

Hell, we even lasted til March in the league.

This has been a a seriously poor league season, new manager or no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Umaro wrote: »
    I have to agree with this. Lovren slows up because he's expecting Vardy to pull it back. Instead, Vardy volleys it from 30 yards on the corner of the box. On most other occasions thats sliced, or hitting Row Z.

Both of Vardy's goals reminded me of Suarez in his pomp. The first was the kinda goal he'd get against Norwich. The second was the typical run that Suarez would make as he expected the deflection/the bobble/the defensive blunder. Its so disappointing we don't have anyone like that anymore. Some of the garbage we played was infuriating. I threw a cushion across the room at one stage as Lallana skied yet another long-range shot over the bar.

(Sidenote: How depressing must it be for our CBs to head up for a corner, only for us to play it short and lose it... every ****ing time...)

Dont see short corners as a problem to be honest....how many have we scored from corners this season when we have just whipped it in.....I cant even recall a decent chance never mind a goal.....short corners are the least of our worries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whatever about Lovern if spoofer is not a mile off his line then it's a simple tip over at worst. Someone should tab up all the mistakes he has made which have resulted in us dropping points, would not be pretty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Whatever about Lovern if spoofer is not a mile off his line then it's a simple tip over at worst. Someone should tab up all the mistakes he has made which have resulted in us dropping points, would not be pretty

If Mig was on his line and Vardy cut inside Lovren but with a heavy touch we'd all be asking why was Mig stuck to his line and not in a position to close Vardy down quick enough.

It was a fantastic goal, it's not any players fault it happened bar Vardys. Sometimes you just have to hold your hand up and say, "well played"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Sakho leaves his man (who he was marking) chase a ball in behind him and Lovren gets the blame when he hits it first time from 30 yards. Ha ha. You couldn't make this sh*t up !! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Not normally a defender of Mig, far from it, but I expect that he was off his line to charge out to Vardy if he had rounded Lovren. I'd have to look at the replay again, but iirc the way Vardy got the ball up and down meant that Mig would have to have been pretty much on his line to have gotten to it. Again, if Vardy had taken a touch and got away, Mig would have left him the whole goal in which to pick his spot.

It was about as sweetly struck a volley as I've seen in nearly 4 decades of watching football, an absolute worldie. Sometimes all you can say is "chapeau".

Tbh Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel.....they're all as shíte as each other, people need to start realising this!

The hard on for Sakho here should now be nothing but a flacid, wrinkly, 2 inch flopper that not even a blue tablet could resurrect!

Tho at least he got us aroused, Skrtel and Lovren couldn't even turn us on in their finest lingerie.....and Moreno is the butt plug that wouldn't even tickle your prostate!

I'll just leave that mental imagery there! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I still think Sakho is the fastest horse in the glue factory yard that is our present herd of defenders, but he's been stink since he was rushed back from injury, truly dreadful.

The only problem with benching him for long enough for him to sort himself out is that the appalling vista of Nervol & Squirtle being reunited looms back into view. I'd give Caulker a run beside Nervol first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The Chinese league transfer window is still open til Feb 26th. Can we not just shift some of these spoofers for millions and play the kids for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, I still maintain Sakho is one to keep.

Some seem to be partial to the hyperbole everytime he plays badly in a pretty poor team with a pretty poor defence and goalkeeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The Chinese league transfer window is still open til Feb 26th. Can we not just shift some of these spoofers for millions and play the kids for the rest of the season
    I don't think Chinese Health&Safety would be very impressed if Balotelli turned up in the home country of fireworks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

We're so depressingly crap. The whole thing is crap really when you think about it.

Any other sports that I could get interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

brevity wrote: »
    We're so depressingly crap. The whole thing is crap really when you think about it.

I'm going to start watching Curling

ZTMLLcB.gif

I'm actually depressed that the NFL is finished after this Sunday. I'll have no sport alternative that I even remotely engage with, and that's bad, considering our current circumstance.

The optimist in me believes that if we win the Carling Cup, we can push on for the rest of the year. The rational, if somewhat cynical bastard side of me, believes we are in for a horrible end to the season.

I'm actually depressed that the NFL is finished after this Sunday. I'll have no sport alternative that I even remotely engage with, and that's bad, considering our current circumstance.

The optimist in me believes that if we win the Carling Cup, we can push on for the rest of the year. The rational, if somewhat cynical bastard side of me, believes we are in for a horrible end to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Nathaniel Clyne - Keep
    José Enrique - Keep for Fifa tournaments. He is gone though
    Kolo Touré - Release
    Dejan Lovren - I would keep him for another year shown some improvement
    James Milner (vice-captain) - Sell not good enough for his big wages
    Christian Benteke - Sell
    Philippe Coutinho - Keep
    Roberto Firmino - Keep
    Joe Gomez - Keep
    Jordan Henderson (captain) - Keep
    Daniel Sturridge - Sell if he barely plays again this season & if we get a 20m+ offer
    Mamadou Sakho - Keep . Off form atm but clearly not fully fit
    Alberto Moreno - Keep but we need a good defensive LB
    Steven Caulker (on loan from QPR) - Release
    Adam Lallana - Sell. Maybe he can turn around his career somewhere else.
    Lucas Leiva - Keep
    Simon Mignolet - Sell
    Emre Can - Keep. Needs to keep things more simple though
    Joe Allen - Keep. But will most likely be sold
    Tiago Ilori - Keep.Needs a good pre-season without injury
    Divock Origi - Keep
    Danny Ings - Keep
    Cameron Brannagan - Keep.
    Jordon Ibe - Keep. Klopp doesn't like loans but I would loan Ibe to a PL team where he would play every week.
    Ádám Bogdán - Sell
    Martin Škrtel - Sell
    Jon Flanagan - Keep
    Ryan Kent - Keep
    Jack Dunn - Sell not going to make it
    Ryan McLaughlin - Sell
    Brad Smith - Keeo
    Jordan Rossiter - Keep
    Jerome Sinclair - Sell
    Danny Ward - Keep
    João Carlos Teixeira - Sell . I like him but not quite good enough
    Sheyi Ojo - Keep
    Connor Randall - Sell
    Lazar Markovic - Sell. Maybe judge in pre-season but don't think he is suited to the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Here's the challenge for Klopp....at Dortmund he had a team of quick, intelligent players. Defensively solid, unselfish and motivated to attack quickly as a team and defend from the top as a team.

Can he adapt his system to cater for the collection of crackheads he has been presented with at Liverpool? Anyone would struggle with this lot. What can he do? He must be scratching his head now, wondering how he shines up this smelly turd of a squad.

I give up this year, I now expect us to lose. A clean sheet is a minor miracle. The Man U game seems to have knocked the stuffing out of us. What little enjoyment I can glean comes from seeing some of the younger lads getting a chance.

Hope Klopp works it out, hope next year is better. I'll be surprised if we dont have one of our worst league finishes in years. 8th? 9th?

Here's the challenge for Klopp....at Dortmund he had a team of quick, intelligent players. Defensively solid, unselfish and motivated to attack quickly as a team and defend from the top as a team.

Can he adapt his system to cater for the collection of crackheads he has been presented with at Liverpool? Anyone would struggle with this lot. What can he do? He must be scratching his head now, wondering how he shines up this smelly turd of a squad.

I give up this year, I now expect us to lose. A clean sheet is a minor miracle. The Man U game seems to have knocked the stuffing out of us. What little enjoyment I can glean comes from seeing some of the younger lads getting a chance.

Hope Klopp works it out, hope next year is better. I'll be surprised if we dont have one of our worst league finishes in years. 8th? 9th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Vicxas wrote: »
    Totally agreed, from the moment Thierry Henry grabbed Carraghers leg on Super Sunday i knew this season was going to be a writeoff.

The squad was in a shambles, Rodgers brought in young players hoping to emulate the older versions and it wasn't working.

What he's left us with is a broken, unbalanced squad that not even the greatest miracle worker could challenge the league with.

We need a good clean out in the summer, get players in quick and get a good pre-season.

Next year is our year ;)

Going to be a bad pre season with Euros, Copa America, and the Olympics

Argie league starts this weekend, Libertadores kicked off last night. I'm off to River vs Quilmes on Sunday....Super 18 kicks off in a few weeks, 6Ns too.

That lot will pass the time until optimism can return in August this year. 2016/17 Our year ;) ...ffs.

• Advertisement

Argie league starts this weekend, Libertadores kicked off last night. I'm off to River vs Quilmes on Sunday....Super 18 kicks off in a few weeks, 6Ns too.

That lot will pass the time until optimism can return in August this year. 2016/17 Our year ;) ...ffs.

Knex. wrote: »

Less than 6 weeks to Cheltenham lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

MD1990 wrote: »
    Mamadou Sakho - Keep . Off form atm but clearly not fully fit

How are you working that one out? He's played the last 8 league games in a row plus 120 minutes against Stoke in the cup!! (only 2 clean sheets in those 9 games btw) This idea that's he's 'only back from injury, not fully fit, needs a run in the team' is a complete and utter fallacy. I've said it on here before but people need to stop making excuses for poor performances. Klopp called our defending "rubbish" the other week and he was spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm going to start watching Curling

ZTMLLcB.gif

Rmy5gTP.gif

Yeah I think ill switch to curling too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Too many carrying the piano, nobody playing it. That's the problem.

I'm sure Klopp can get us playing better, especially with the likes of Origi and Coutinho coming back. In the meantime, he needs to stop playing Milner and Lucas in the same team, add a bit of width to try and create space in the final third, and play the only fit striker we have (who also happens to be the team's top scorer this season).

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    How are you working that one out? He's played the last 8 league games in a row plus 120 minutes against Stoke in the cup!! (only 2 clean sheets in those 9 games btw) This idea that's he's 'only back from injury, not fully fit, needs a run in the team' is a complete and utter fallacy. I've said it on here before but people need to stop making excuses for poor performances. Klopp called our defending "rubbish" the other week and he was spot on.

Somehow, in his convalescence he seems to have forgotten the "do not let the ball bounce over you" rule. If he's not fit now then he's having a sturridge-esque laugh.

Just another Liverpool defender who far too often forgets the basics. We really need someone to drill them...keep it simple, stay calm, compete for the 1st ball before it bounces, get to the 2nd...fcking basic stuff first.

Someone get on the phone to Hyppia, lets have him in sorting them out til the end of the season maybe. Somebody...anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »

Lego lads, just Lego.

I don't even care anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

5starpool wrote: »
    I probably put too much work into this, but this is what I think will happen in terms of the current squad for next season. Not necessarily what I think should happen, but what I think is likely. I have added some comments of my own too.

Name Here next season My Opinion
    Nathaniel Clyne Yes Deserves to stay
    José Enrique No Out of contract, gone
    Kolo Touré No Out of contract, gone
    Dejan Lovren Yes Depends if we can get a good central defender in
    James Milner (vice-captain) Yes He'll probably get kept. Wouldn't be too upset if not though.
    Christian Benteke No If we can get a decent price for him he's gone.
    Philippe Coutinho Yes Hopefully we can keep him.
    Roberto Firmino Yes I can't see us getting rid of him yet.
    Joe Gomez Yes Can't see us letting him go.
    Jordan Henderson (captain) Yes Doubt he'll be sold. Deserves another chance when not affected by injury.
    Daniel Sturridge Yes I can't see us being able to get a decent bid for him.
    Mamadou Sakho Yes Very inconsistent but I'd say we'll keep him.
    Alberto Moreno No I hope we get rid of him, not good enough at either end, despite his enthusiasm.
    Steven Caulker (on loan from QPR) No Loan won't be made permanent
    Adam Lallana Yes Probably still keep him.
    Lucas Leiva No I think this will be the summer he actually moves on. I'm still generally a fan though.
    Simon Mignolet Yes I hope we upgrade, but I have a horrible feeling we won't.
    Emre Can Yes Still time for him to be a very good player, needs to improve though.
    Joe Allen No I think he'll move on this summer.
    Tiago Ilori No Won't make it.
    Divock Origi Yes I can't see us selling him yet.
    Danny Ings Yes Can't see us letting him go. Deserves a chance.
    Cameron Brannagan Yes Not sure of his contract situation. Not first team starter though.
    Jordon Ibe Yes Inconsistent, but we;ll keep him I reckon.
    Ádám Bogdán No Gone unless no one wants im.
    Kevin Stewart No I think he'll move on.
    Martin Škrtel Yes Probably still keep him. I'd like to see us try to upgrade though.
    Jon Flanagan Yes Out of contract, but I reckon he'll get another one.
    Ryan Kent Yes Not sure of his contract situation. Not first team starter though. Promising though.
    Jack Dunn Yes Not sure of his contract situation. Not first team starter though. Promising though.
    Ryan McLaughlin No Hasn't progressed sadly.
    Brad Smith Yes Hopefully he can continue to improve. I'd like to see hium get more games this season.
    Jordan Rossiter Yes I think he's out of contract this summer, but I reckon he'll agree a new one.
    Jerome Sinclair No Out of contract, wants out.
    Danny Ward No I reckon we'll at least sign a new number 2 so he'll want out for game time probably.
    João Carlos Teixeira No Out of contract. I like him, but think he'll leave for game time.
    Sheyi Ojo Yes Can't see us selling him yet. Promising youngster.
    Connor Randall Yes Not sure of his contract situation. Not first team starter though.
    Joe Maguire Yes Not sure of his contract situation. Not first team starter though.
    Daniel Cleary Yes Not sure of his contract situation. Not first team starter though.
    Pedro Chirivella Yes Not sure of his contract situation. Not first team starter though.
    Conor Masterson Yes Not sure of his contract situation. Not first team starter though.

you want rid of Moreno but want to keep LOL ana ? hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

http://www.beinsports.com/en/premier-league/video/brendan-rodgers-talking-about-klopp/190329

According to Rodgers, he invited Klopp to his house after he was hired just to have a chat about Liverpool and help him settle in to England and the PL.

I'll admit I wanted Rodgers gone, but he's a top man and that's one thing nobody can fault him for. Fair play Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Beaten by a worldy from the team top of the table with 3 / 4 of our strikers injured. Not really worth losing sleep over. There's obvious deficiencies in the team but for the first time in a long while (since Rafa I would say) we will have a manager I trust to address them

Injuries definitely haven't helped with so many games on top of it.
    price690 wrote: »

Out should go: Bogdan, Vigouroux, Wisdom, Enrique, Skrtel, Toure, Caulker, Ilori, Lloyd Jones, Ryan McLaughlin, Joe Maguire, Lucas, Lallana, Allen, Jack Dunn, Kevin Stewart, Luis Alberto, Samid Yesil, Balotelli, Jerome Sinclair.

Love to see a squad of this calibre:

Keepers: Horn, Mignolet, Ward

Defenders: Clyne, Flanagan, Rodriguez, Moreno, Matip, Lovren, Sakho, Gomez

Midfielders: Henderson, Xaka, Can, Grujic, Milner

Attacking Midfielders: Firmino, Sane, Countinho, Markovic, Ibe

Strikers: Teixeira, Sturridge, Benteke, Origi, Ings

When you put it like that it really does show up the lack of quality in the squad, we've a lot of numbers but that's about it. I'd get rid of Benteke as well, just can't see him fitting in.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

K-9 wrote: »

When you put it like that it really does show up the lack of quality in the squad, we've a lot of numbers but that's about it. I'd get rid of Benteke as well, just can't see him fitting in.

Half of that list are loans and academy players though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Someone get on the phone to Hyppia, lets have him in sorting them out til the end of the season maybe. Somebody...anybody.

They should go one further and tell him to tog out ta fook!

This is the problem Liverpool fans still think we're better than we are
    The sooner they get it their heads the better we are not even a top 6 side in the premier league anymore
    We need to start playing to our abilities stop going toe to toe with teams who are better than us
    We would have been better of tonight conceding possession to Leicester and hope to hit them on the break

how can we hit them on the break ? we've no pace in that team....

We countered them numerous times last night and it went no where...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

http://www.beinsports.com/en/premier-league/video/brendan-rodgers-talking-about-klopp/190329

According to Rodgers, he invited Klopp to his house after he was hired just to have a chat about Liverpool and help him settle in to England and the PL.

I'll admit I wanted Rodgers gone, but he's a top man and that's one thing nobody can fault him for. Fair play Brendan.

Think you will find it was a house viewing.....Klopp is now living in the house and paying Rodgers for the pleasure ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Rodgers always had the height of respect for the club, always defended it and the players, one of the few managers in the recent past that "got" the club and it's traditions, not every manager does.
    I still think he'll be a success elsewhere and i hope he does make it, it was perhaps a bit too soon at LFC.

Who the hell is that curling one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Half of that list are loans and academy players though.

Still 9 experienced senior players that we wouldn't miss that much and Illori and Alberto who didn't work out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

corwill wrote: »
    I still think Sakho is the fastest horse in the glue factory yard that is our present herd of defenders, but he's been stink since he was rushed back from injury, truly dreadful.

The only problem with benching him for long enough for him to sort himself out is that the appalling vista of Nervol & Squirtle being reunited looms back into view. I'd give Caulker a run beside Nervol first.

sorry but Sakho gets all the excuses.. he cant even get up to head a ball and is a weakling... same as Lovern... i'd take Skrtel over them any day of the week

it seems the more Sakho doesnt play, the better he gets

He makes a decent point there, Rodgers. Players have no time to settle. There is so much pressure for instant success in the Premier League.

Out of all of our "long term bets" , I think Origi is going to come good for us.

He makes a decent point there, Rodgers. Players have no time to settle. There is so much pressure for instant success in the Premier League.

Out of all of our "long term bets" , I think Origi is going to come good for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Has had pretty heaving strapping on his hamstring during some of the games.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement