Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

corwill wrote: »
    Look, he's had a number of better than decent runs of games since joining the club, during which he was by a distance the club's best defender (which is not to say that he's the second coming of Hansen). People are making complete mammary glands of themselves coming on here claiming otherwise, notwithstanding he's been crap the last couple of weeks.

Oooh, if I could make a mammary gland of myself, I'd never leave the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It would be very interesting to hear what the real story is with Sturridge from someone in a position to tell it.

Daniel was unavailable for comment as his voice is breaking at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Twitter saying that we've signed Matip on a pre-nup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Twitter saying that we've signed Matip on a pre-nup

Good. There was talk of Schalke renegotiating with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Vicxas wrote: »
    Good. There was talk of Schalke renegotiating with him
    Apparently they offered him double the wages.

As he can play CB and DM, I wonder who will be under most threat from his arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Skrtel I'd imagine based on age and that he keeps dropping off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Skrtel I'd imagine based on age and that he keeps dropping off.
    I was wondering that, I hope he is good in the air.

Do you think Grujic will be taking over from Lucas over the year as a DM? Taller, more mobile and better passer than Lucas from the highlight clips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Do you think Grujic will be taking over from Lucas over the year as a DM? Taller, more mobile and better passer than Lucas from the highlight clips.

I'd imagine so. I can see Lucas, Toure, Benteke, Enrique, Bogdan all leaving in the summer. Maybe Skrtel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Klopp: Dafuq you doin?

CaUAlvlWwAA34zo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/Cynegeticus/status/694964519731355649

hopefully he turns down a move to China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Cynegeticus/status/694964519731355649

hopefully he turns down a move to China.

you would hope, Ramiers just killed his career and for what, a extra few quid. I would seriously question the players desire if he ended up in china

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I really think it can't be underestimated how much of an affect the lack of training time has had. As was said above, the ethos of pressing is all well and good, but without the touch and technique, it can only go so far.

Particularly when it comes to relationships and connections between players. Pressing quickly works at its best when as soon as you win the ball back you know where your teammates are, and likewise, they know where to run. As it stands, we tend to win possession, but then waste time with too many touches and not enough intelligent running.

One of the very very few times Klopp had some time with a few of the players was during the international break - and we saw the improvement in the performance after that against City, especially when it came to the relationships in the players. Coutinho and Firmino's interplay in that game was mesmeric, quickly winning the ball and getting the ball into dangerous areas, knowing where the other would be.

That's the type of thing that can only really be worked upon in training. Think we'll see a very different team - both in personnel and playing style - when it comes to next season.

As a sidenote, I really am ****ing annoyed that we didn't nip in and get that Doumbia loan deal ahead of Newcastle. Worst case scenario it costs his wages, and he doesn't work out - which leaves us where we are anyway without a striker like him.

More likely scenario, he does adequately, scores some goals, is a more mobile alternative to Benteke, a far more experienced alternative to Origi, and fills Ings place until he's back fit. Then we let him go back to Roma.

And of course best case, where he lights up the league with form like he's consistently shown in European competition and we keep him.

Really, it seems like a no-brainer. A risk with a very low-risk factor.
    (I'm also astonished Spurs didn't give him a try to be honest)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    As a sidenote, I really am ****ing annoyed that we didn't nip in and get that Doumbia loan deal ahead of Newcastle. Worst case scenario it costs his wages, and he doesn't work out - which leaves us where we are anyway without a striker like him.

More likely scenario, he does adequately, scores some goals, is a more mobile alternative to Benteke, a far more experienced alternative to Origi, and fills Ings place until he's back fit. Then we let him go back to Roma.

And of course best case, where he lights up the league with form like he's consistently shown in European competition and we keep him.

Really, it seems like a no-brainer. A risk with a very low-risk factor.
    (I'm also astonished Spurs didn't give him a try to be honest)

I not astonished we didn't sign Doumbia. Given our long term injuries, our failings in goal. Defending set pieces , no pace in middle, blunt up front and creating little or nothing worthwhile Im absolutely flabergasted that we failed to sign ANYONE other than Caulker.

It's absolutely outrageous .

The sickening part is had we signed some quality early in the window we could be still in contention for top 4, FA Cup and Europa League.

Now our hopes pin on catching Man City on am off day in a few weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Watching Suarez for barca here think we got a bit shafted on the fee we received

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Despite everyone giving out about how poor the squad is and how bad X, Y & Z are, I don't think we have many players who are truly terrible. It's interesting to see peoples posts of what positions they think we need strengthening in most urgently, everyones opinion varies so much. If we had an entirely fit squad (including Sturridge) I honestly can't decide what one position I would sign a first team player for. It feels as if we have a squad full of decent players but we have no world class players anymore.

Look at CB for example, Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren.. I wouldn't class any of them as terrible defenders but none of them are top class either. The same with midfield - Henderson, Can, Milner, Lucas, Allen.. Again all useful players but all of a similar standard (give or take). Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino you could argue the same, although Coutinho has shown to be top class at times. It feels as if all of our squad is of a very similar standard to one another.

The squad is full of good players IMO but it is missing real top quality. If we threw a Gerrard or a Suarez in there I have no doubt the team would improve dramatically and we would probably be in and around the top 4. I'm not expecting us to sign a player of that caliber this summer unfortunately but unless we do it's hard to see us getting anywhere, I'm sure big money will be spent on a few players in positions we do need to strengthen in but as we have seen in the past big money doesn't equate to top class players.

I am in no way getting on Klopps back and I believe he was the best appointment we could have made, but I was also expecting him to get a bit more out of the players. He has been incredibly unlucky with fixtures and injuries but I don't think anyone can safely say performances have improved. I'm sure they will, but I was expecting a bit more so far. This season will be a big learning curve for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Despite everyone giving out about how poor the squad is and how bad X, Y & Z are, I don't think we have many players who are truly terrible. It's interesting to see peoples posts of what positions they think we need strengthening in most urgently, everyones opinion varies so much. If we had an entirely fit squad (including Sturridge) I honestly can't decide what one position I would sign a first team player for. It feels as if we have a squad full of decent players but we have no world class players anymore.

Look at CB for example, Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren.. I wouldn't class any of them as terrible defenders but none of them are top class either. The same with midfield - Henderson, Can, Milner, Lucas, Allen.. Again all useful players but all of a similar standard (give or take). Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino you could argue the same, although Coutinho has shown to be top class at times. It feels as if all of our squad is of a very similar standard to one another.

The squad is full of good players IMO but it is missing real top quality. If we threw a Gerrard or a Suarez in there I have no doubt the team would improve dramatically and we would probably be in and around the top 4. I'm not expecting us to sign a player of that caliber this summer unfortunately but unless we do it's hard to see us getting anywhere, I'm sure big money will be spent on a few players in positions we do need to strengthen in but as we have seen in the past big money doesn't equate to top class players.

I am in no way getting on Klopps back and I believe he was the best appointment we could have made, but I was also expecting him to get a bit more out of the players. He has been incredibly unlucky with fixtures and injuries but I don't think anyone can safely say performances have improved. I'm sure they will, but I was expecting a bit more so far. This season will be a big learning curve for him.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

finno wrote: »
    Just wondering how it worked out for you? is it worth getting?

Thanks

I like the features. You can have a main game on and another one in a smaller window if you want. You can also have 4 games on at once if that floats your boat.

However, I don't know if it was just last night, but it went offline for a while (officially, we apologise for loss of service thing) and it was quite a jumpy picture before that when connected to my TV via HDMI. The resolution looks great, but it was hard to watch despite that, perhaps not a great frame rate or something.

Maybe last night was an exception though. In terms of using my VPN (overplay that I already subscribe to) there were no problems though. I'll see how it behaves at the weekend again.
    mada999 wrote: »
    you want rid of Moreno but want to keep LOL ana ? hmmmmm

As I said in my post, that was what I thought the club would do, not what I would do if I was in charge. I'd get rid of both ideally (along with many others) but Moreno would be one of the first out the door. His desperate decision making is one of the most frustrating things to watch, and there are many frustrating things to watch with this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It would be very interesting to hear what the real story is with Sturridge from someone in a position to tell it.

I think story is he has not completed 10 days training without nagging over something. It's always interrupted . He might do 5 days and then nag about a pain and miss next day. Klopp then tells him to start at zero again and get in 10 days training. He does 4 and nags again and ends up at ZERO again.
    So he will not play him as there is no point.
    If he completes 10 full days without an issue he will consider him. So we might never actually see him pull on shirt again.
    Sturridge is not feeling the Klopp love. Klopp is being very stern on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

5starpool wrote: »
    I like the features. You can have a main game on and another one in a smaller window if you want. You can also have 4 games on at once if that floats your boat.

However, I don't know if it was just last night, but it went offline for a while (officially, we apologise for loss of service thing) and it was quite a jumpy picture before that when connected to my TV via HDMI. The resolution looks great, but it was hard to watch despite that, perhaps not a great frame rate or something.

Maybe last night was an exception though. In terms of using my VPN (overplay that I already subscribe to) there were no problems though. I'll see how it behaves at the weekend again.

As I said in my post, that was what I thought the club would do, not what I would do if I was in charge. I'd get rid of both ideally (along with many others) but Moreno would be one of the first out the door. His desperate decision making is one of the most frustrating things to watch, and there are many frustrating things to watch with this team.

PL pass was acting up last night. Seemed to get hammered with all the games on last night and all kicking off at the same time.

I think story is he has not completed 10 days training without nagging over something. It's always interrupted . He might do 5 days and then nag about a pain and miss next day. Klopp then tells him to start at zero again and get in 10 days training. He does 4 and nags again and ends up at ZERO again.
    So he will not play him as there is no point.
    If he completes 10 full days without an issue he will consider him. So we might never actually see him pull on shirt again.
    Sturridge is not feeling the Klopp love. Klopp is being very stern on him

It's the right approach to take I think alright though. Seems this week is his first time training with the team since early December. Would hope he might have a bit of hunger now to actually want to play.

So annoying though...theoretically we could have a totally different looking outfit with Coutinho, Sturridge and Origi back, and Allen looking fit too.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    PL pass was acting up last night. Seemed to get hammered with all the games on last night and all kicking off at the same time.

But why pay.
    I watch all the games on USA GOALS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

But why pay.

Just get Kodi look at You Tube Video about how to use it and and you're sorted. Very easy. Way better quality than any stream.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just get Kodi look at You Tube Video about how to use it and and you're sorted. Very easy. Way better quality than any stream.

What add on do you use?

But why pay.

Is that a free site?

Does anyone pay for streams, if so, where and what is the quality like.

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »
    What add on do you use?

PM sent as I'm not sure if we're allowed talk about this here.

But why pay.

I don't pay. There are a few Kodi add ons that have PL Pass included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If anyone feels like hurting themselves deep down inside, Suarez is currently mauling Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

kfallon wrote: »
    Lets see the 'highlights' we can look forward to.....

De Goede
    eva-de-goede-dutch-field-hockey-player.jpg

Ellen Hoog
    500561926-ellen-hoog-of-the-netherlands-is-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXppLAuCs3gdMV%2FpNw2s6tku58mFMlFYra6O8Cg6MWl4c0SJd8lbrAoOZI5qoW5UL6w%3D%3D
    Dutch players Ellen Hoog And Eva De Goede

161502456-swimsuit-issue-2013-field-hockey-players-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQb2t%2FhbGvD3dQUYs0Oz%2BTTnMP%2BtTyECuEr8G3Zw6obWx2fOwUnUFdCgnPQCuZq0ijnHKK%2FFcIInDJCEePdlz7k%3D

Argentina Luciana Paula Aymar = Maradonna of Hockey in Argentina

luciana%20aymar%202.jpg

1716dcad1bac5cb711f1f78a67a17a32.jpg

Aussie Casey Eastham
    casey_eastham.jpg

casey_eastham_eastham_main_420x0_sQTpt2M.sized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

D6EleB9.gif

Don't mention the streaming sites !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

PM sent as I'm not sure if we're allowed talk about this here.

Oooh me too, please! Can you PM me as well? Thanks!

De Goede

Ellen Hoog
    500561926-ellen-hoog-of-the-netherlands-is-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXppLAuCs3gdMV%2FpNw2s6tku58mFMlFYra6O8Cg6MWl4c0SJd8lbrAoOZI5qoW5UL6w%3D%3D

161502456-swimsuit-issue-2013-field-hockey-players-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQb2t%2FhbGvD3dQUYs0Oz%2BTTnMP%2BtTyECuEr8G3Zw6obWx2fOwUnUFdCgnPQCuZq0ijnHKK%2FFcIInDJCEePdlz7k%3D

luciana%20aymar%202.jpg

Aussie Casey Eastham
    casey_eastham.jpg

Contender for post of the year early on !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Gbear wrote: »
    If anyone feels like hurting themselves deep down inside, Suarez is currently mauling Valencia.

4 goals, 1 assist, two other chances given to Messi and Neymar on a plate that they missed.

He'll be 32 or so when his contract finishes and I reckon he'd still be the absolute tits then and still well capable of demolishing the premier league.

We'd have to replace Gary Mc as our mascot for older signings that were class but I'm sure nobody will mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Contender for post of the year early on !!

Well I was asked for some highlights as to why to watch field hockey this summer and that is just a couple lol

Well I was asked for some highlights as to why to watch field hockey this summer and that is just a couple lol

Beach volleyball gives better views on the tv though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bring Louie home tbh

klose wrote: »
    Bring Louie home tbh

4 goals against Gary Neville. To think some Utd posters said here that Suarez wouldn't get into Utd's side.:rolleyes:

T-K-O wrote: »
    Is that a free site?

Does anyone pay for streams, if so, where and what is the quality like.

Yea totally free
    All the games are on there. Just click football and scroll
    Usually an hour off on the time, one hour ahead.
    No login no nothing.
    Just need a adblocker for those annoying ads, which I have.
    So no issue but for my slow net.

Valencia should of hired the Chuckle Brothers not the Neville brothers.
    They would be way better off, great passing football
    To me to you to me to you......goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That Neville chap will get his p45 in the morning, agent Luis doing well! Always said 75m was cheap we should have stuck for 100m.

I don't know what was more fustrating last night, watching us play or channel hopping for most of the game to get a decent "picture", i'm going to google this Kodi business now to see what it's all about.
    I will have many questions in the coming hours, standby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

This double posting is getting old, rapidly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nice too see Sturridge is in back in full pre injury training

De Goede

Ellen Hoog

luciana%20aymar%202.jpg

Aussie Casey Eastham
    casey_eastham.jpg

One needs no reason to quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Remind me not to check this thread in front of my mot again. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Too many hockey stick puns to mention.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

That Neville chap will get his p45 in the morning, agent Luis doing well! Always said 75m was cheap we should have stuck for 100m.

I don't know what was more fustrating last night, watching us play or channel hopping for most of the game to get a decent "picture", i'm going to google this Kodi business now to see what it's all about.

Download it on your laptop to play around with it and see how you get on.

This double posting is getting old, rapidly!

You wouldn't be saying that if citytilidie had a double post a little while ago ;)

I sent you a PM earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

4 goals against Gary Neville. To think some Utd posters said here that Suarez wouldn't get into Utd's side.:rolleyes:

He is one of the best players to have played in the PL. That wouldnt get into the utd side stuff really belonged in the humour thread. Comical stuff.

• Advertisement

Suarez brings a team together
    His will to win is highly contagious
    Everyone looks to him and follows

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement