Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I remember Neville with Sky often downplayed how good Suarez was. Said he thought Aguero was better but Suarez is a class above him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

murpho999 wrote: »
    I sent you a PM earlier.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

MD1990 wrote: »
    I remember Neville with Sky often downplayed how good Suarez was. Said he thought Aguero was better but Suarez is a class above him.

Listening to tim vicery on wfp ? He said mesi vored for suarez over neymar in the balon d'or .

It would be a massive shame were Suarez never to win at least 1 Ballon d'or.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Will be an even bigger shame if Jamie Vardy ends up with more premier league medals than 'Louie'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Don't buy that. He's a great player but there's one or two ahead of him. It's the Ballon d'or not the community games where everyone gets a medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Don't buy that. He's a great player but there's one or two ahead of him. It's the Ballon d'or not the community games where everyone gets a medal.

At this stage, his only competition for the Ballon d'Or is in the same team as him, and that's a very tough judgement to make. Messi is Messi, and has a huge status that just comes with his name, but on a game by game basis, every time I see barca, Suarez is more central to what's going on.

They make an absolutely amazing team though, and i think it's quite telling that Messi plays with him like an equal, where everyone else he's played with as someone to support him and nothing more. It's really an incredible partnership the three of them have got going on there.

(Also, don't get me wrong, Ronaldo is still a terrific footballer, but I think that trio is just a nudge ahead of him since his slight decline).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    At this stage, his only competition for the Ballon d'Or is in the same team as him, and that's a very tough judgement to make. Messi is Messi, and has a huge status that just comes with his name, but on a game by game basis, every time I see barca, Suarez is more central to what's going on.

They make an absolutely amazing team though, and i think it's quite telling that Messi plays with him like an equal, where everyone else he's played with as someone to support him and nothing more. It's really an incredible partnership the three of them have got going on there.

(Also, don't get me wrong, Ronaldo is still a terrific footballer, but I think that trio is just a nudge ahead of him since his slight decline).

I say this all the time.

Friends have decided I'm a biased Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Michael Owen won one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Luis Suarez did win one.
    Fact
    ;)

• Advertisement

Luis Suarez did win one.
    Fact
    ;)

What you did there, i seen it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Michael Owen won one.

Not really. He won the old European player of the year award before they merged the European and World player of the year awards in 2010, and the European's were always more 'liberal' with who won the award, not always a very accurate depiction of who in fact was the best player that entire season as they were very heavily swayed by 6 week tournaments like the European championships where a player having 5 or 6 great games could eclipse the achievements of another player having a great season, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What's your favourite poem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There once was a boy named Gimme-Some-Roy... He was nothin' like me or you,
    'cause laying back and getting high was all he cared to do.

As a kid, he sat in the cellar...sniffing airplane glue. And then he smoked banana peels, when that was the thing to do. He tried aspirin in Coca-Cola, he breathed helium on the sly, and his life became an endless search to find the perfect high.

But grass just made him wanna lay back and eat chocolate-chip pizza all night,
    and the great things he wrote when he was stoned looked like **** in the morning light.
    Speed made him wanna rap all day, reds laid him too far back, Cocaine-Rose was sweet to his nose, but the price nearly broke his back.

(rest of it can be found here)
    http://www.subgenius.com/updates/5-99news/X0028_The_Perfect_High.html

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Always liked Mirror in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The Spanish top division is like the Premier League's greatest hits and the premier league is like the latest Neil Young record. Entertaining and a bit mad but lacking the quality of earlier efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Always liked Mirror in February.

I think the mirror looks good every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I think the mirror looks good every day.

My mirror called me fat this morning, so we're not talking...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

klose wrote: »
    Watching Suarez for barca here think we got a bit shafted on the fee we received

if you offset with the fee for who he replaced in Sanchez at £30m, a net transfer cost of £35m is ridiculous value for money:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Just need a adblocker for those annoying ads, which I have.
    So no issue but for my slow net.

I have Adblock Plus installed but the site you referred to doesn't like the fact there is an Adblocker in use says the stream will remain dark and small unless the Adblocker is turned off.

How do you get around that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

5starpool wrote: »
    I like the features. You can have a main game on and another one in a smaller window if you want. You can also have 4 games on at once if that floats your boat.

However, I don't know if it was just last night, but it went offline for a while (officially, we apologise for loss of service thing) and it was quite a jumpy picture before that when connected to my TV via HDMI. The resolution looks great, but it was hard to watch despite that, perhaps not a great frame rate or something.

Maybe last night was an exception though. In terms of using my VPN (overplay that I already subscribe to) there were no problems though. I'll see how it behaves at the weekend again.

Thanks for the update, I'm thinking of setting this up as it seems quite good
    in theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I have Adblock Plus installed but the site you referred to doesn't like the fact there is an Adblocker in use says the stream will remain dark and small unless the Adblocker is turned off.

You turn off adblocker. TANSTAAFL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Vicxas wrote: »
    My mirror called me fat this morning, so we're not talking...

Fat with a PH

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not my favourite, but feck it, here's some Luke Kelly/Patrick Kavanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Bonnie and Clyde,
    Went to see their Granny,
    They kicked her in the fanny,
    She nearly died.

corwill wrote: »
    You turn off adblocker. TANSTAAFL.

Funny guy Corwill and I do agree TANSTAAFL but BTW specifically said he was able to avoid the adverts by using an Adblocker and I'm interested to know how he did that as it doesn't work for me.
    Yea totally free
    All the games are on there. Just click football and scroll
    Usually an hour off on the time, one hour ahead.
    No login no nothing.
    Just need a adblocker for those annoying ads, which I have.
    So no issue but for my slow net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

There is a good podcast about the ticket prices issues and discussions with LFC over the past 15 months on TAW.
    If anyone would like a listen let me know and I'll upload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

you want to be moving to uBlock Origin, it runs a bit faster than AdBlock Plus.
    http://lifehacker.com/ublock-is-a-fast-and-lightweight-alternative-to-adblock-1625246461

Bonnie and Clyde,
    Went to see their Granny,
    They kicked her in the fanny,
    She nearly died.

Reminds me of the first poem that I ever learned, aged four, in my first week of Junior Infants:

My Granny played for Scotland, she nearly scored a goal.
    Did the splits burst her tits, and the ball went up her hole.

Didn't go down a treat in the Knex household later that day.

• Advertisement

Funny guy Corwill and I do agree TANSTAAFL but BTW specifically said he was able to avoid the adverts by using an Adblocker and I'm interested to know how he did that as it doesn't work for me.

Sure Toby is mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thinking about it its a a wilfred owen poem . Not sure of the name of though !
    Googled it and i think its 'strange meeting'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I think story is he has not completed 10 days training without nagging over something. It's always interrupted . He might do 5 days and then nag about a pain and miss next day. Klopp then tells him to start at zero again and get in 10 days training. He does 4 and nags again and ends up at ZERO again.
    So he will not play him as there is no point.
    If he completes 10 full days without an issue he will consider him. So we might never actually see him pull on shirt again.
    Sturridge is not feeling the Klopp love. Klopp is being very stern on him

I wonder hasa Sturridge got some 'games played' bonus' in his contract ?

you want to be moving to uBlock Origin, it runs a bit faster than AdBlock Plus.
    http://lifehacker.com/ublock-is-a-fast-and-lightweight-alternative-to-adblock-1625246461

Cheers Chardee, I'll give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

finno wrote: »
    I like the features. You can have a main game on and another one in a smaller window if you want. You can also have 4 games on at once if that floats your boat.

However, I don't know if it was just last night, but it went offline for a while (officially, we apologise for loss of service thing) and it was quite a jumpy picture before that when connected to my TV via HDMI. The resolution looks great, but it was hard to watch despite that, perhaps not a great frame rate or something.

Maybe last night was an exception though. In terms of using my VPN (overplay that I already subscribe to) there were no problems though. I'll see how it behaves at the weekend again.

Thanks for the update, I'm thinking of setting this up as it seems quite good
    in theory.

Just an FYI, if you planning on getting a VPN for PLP, bare in mind when you are choosing you VPN subscription length that PLP won't be back next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Looks like they'll be a 77th minute walkout in the next home game judging by Twitter in protest over ticket prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

As I said in my post, that was what I thought the club would do, not what I would do if I was in charge. I'd get rid of both ideally (along with many others) but Moreno would be one of the first out the door. His desperate decision making is one of the most frustrating things to watch, and there are many frustrating things to watch with this team.

I have used Premier League Pass all season and this was the first time I have ever seen this error.

However the last few weeks the stream has been extremely poor: constantly buffering and poor quality. I stream directly to my Samsung Smart TV, in fact I have the app installed (I've clanged my app store to New Zealand).

I have since tried on my laptop and the same issues with stream quality. My internet is 240mb and I a receiving the full amount when connected directly to my router so I can only guess the issue is with Premier League Pass.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

No Flanagan or Bodgan in the squad.

Bogdan is no surprise (his LFC career is over I'm guessing) but Flanagan certainly is. Leaves Smith and Randall as the full back back-ups. Not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sturridge is named in it someone at the club must be the eternal optimist.

• Advertisement

No Flanagan or Bodgan in the squad.

Bogdan is no surprise (his LFC career is over I'm guessing) but Flanagan certainly is. Leaves Smith and Randall as the full back back-ups. Not ideal.

Iirc correctly, there are limits on the numbers you can swap in and out of the squad at this stage of the competition. But yeah, not super for Flanno.

monkey9 wrote: »

Football in the PL is becoming gentrified. International marketing is creating huge fan bases around the world many of whom are prepared to visit Anfield once over few years and don't mind paying £77 for a ticket as it's a fraction of the cost of flights, hotel etc. Unfortunately greater demand from this section of the fanbase (some of whom are Irish and on this very thread) creates a situation where ticket prices can be pushed up but the stadium will still be full. There will be a loss of local/regular fans who are priced out but that will be more than made up for (in purely financial terms) by the "trip of a lifetime" type fan who will not only pay the increased ticket price but will also spend significantly on merchandise, the museum, stadium tour etc etc.

From a pure financial perspective it makes sense to up prices if you can still fill the stadium and generate more income from ancillary sales but the danger is if you alienate your local/regular fan base to the extent they actually stop supporting the club the owners may and up killing the goose that lays the golden egg. It's a tricky balancing act.

I recall being in Manchester 15 years ago where local City fans hated the way Man U had lost their soul and local support and were supporting City was "their" club supported by real Mancunians etc etc. Fast forward 15 years and City are not outstripping Man Utd in terms of selling out to big money although to be fair the City owners seem to be working hard to retain local support, have built impressive youth facilities etc in the area.

If the PL clubs end up eroding their original fanbase the upside may be a more level playing field for smaller local teams e.g. Tranmere, Bolton, LOI teams etc who disgruntled fans from the "big" clubs gravitate to because they are more affordable to support and value your custom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Flanagan not being included makes no sense at all tbh. Surely Europa is the number 1 priority now. Play kids in the league from here on out as long as we are challenging on other fronts is the sensible option now. The league is a complete write off at this stage. I honestly would rather we didn't qualify for the Europa next season being perfectly honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

corwill wrote: »
    Iirc correctly, there are limits on the numbers you can swap in and out of the squad at this stage of the competition. But yeah, not super for Flanno.

There are limits but IMO it would have made more sense to bring in Flanagan than either Caulker or Ward. The full-back options are pretty lightweight atm, whereas even without Caulker we have plenty of CBs.

For Ward, is it really necessary to replace Bogdan with him? Barring an injury, neither will play anyway so gamble? Mignolet wont be tired and rested ahead of a league game, whereas Clyne or Moreno might need to be. That's when Flanagan would be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

We are allowed 3 changes, and seems we went for close to a 1 for 1 switch

Liverpool
    In: Steven Caulker, João Carlos Teixeira, Danny Ward
    Out: Joe Gomez, Danny Ings, Ádám Bogdán,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

When is 'Meh' expected back?

Know someone said recently he had started/was due to start light training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Sturridge completed 10 consecutive days of Klopp's "pre-season training" so now he's back training with the team. Until he gets injured again.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    When is 'Meh' expected back?

Know someone said recently he had started/was due to start light training.

Not expected back at all this season, really.

Knex. wrote: »
    Not expected back at all this season, really.

Thought he was ahead of schedule and might sneak back in before the end of the season.

Still more likely to make a contribution than the other f*cking joke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement