Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No Flanagan or Bodgan in the squad.

Bogdan is no surprise (his LFC career is over I'm guessing) but Flanagan certainly is. Leaves Smith and Randall as the full back back-ups. Not ideal.

Flanno is on the youth list no? edit - too old :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Flanno and Stewart too old.

Youth list has the likes of Ibe and Randall though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another new signing today.

LFC launches partnership with DraftKings
    Liverpool FC has signed a global partnership deal with fantasy sports platform DraftKings, making the brand LFC's Official Daily Fantasy Sports Partner.

The three-year deal comes as part of DraftKings’ global expansion strategy, which begins in the UK and will see the brand launch its daily fantasy sports platform where fans can test their sports expertise against each other.

The deal sees DraftKings benefit from Liverpool FC’s reach through digital marketing and social media channels, as well as offering supporters the chance to win signed merchandise and VIP experiences through daily fantasy football contests.

Liverpool FC's chief commercial officer, Billy Hogan, added: “DraftKings’ daily fantasy platform brings a whole new dynamic to the fantasy football we’re all familiar with. They have a partnership with the Red Sox at Fenway Park so we’re excited to have them extend their relationship with FSG to Liverpool FC as well. We’re delighted to be leading the way in becoming one of DraftKings first football partnerships and we look forward to a long and successful relationship.”

DraftKings' chief executive officer Jason Robins said of the partnership; “We are really excited to be partnering with one of the biggest clubs in English football. Their world-renowned passionate fanbase provides us with a great opportunity to engage with new audiences. DraftKings is an innovative way to play fantasy football and fans are going to love it.”

With over 200,000 players currently taking part in daily fantasy football games in North America on DraftKings, it is officially the biggest daily fantasy sports football provider in the world.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/205957-lfc-launches-partnership-with-draftkings

If people don't know anything about DraftKings I'd say to watch John Oliver explain what Draftkings really is about.

How awkward to hear Oliver using American pronunciation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He's homegrown though. I think if Rodgers had have had him on the squad list at the start of the season he would still be eligible now. There were only 21 squad members initially and you can have up to 25 if you have enough homegrown players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Meh, Flanagan improved tenfold while he was out. This can only continue to improve him.

FA Youth Cup away at Forest from 7PM

LFC u18s starting XI vs Notts Forest: George; Alexander-Arnold, Masterson, Parker, Owens; Phillips, Kane; Lennon, Alves, Ejaria; Woodburn (twitter.com)

Kelleher, Johnston, Coyle, Dhanda, T Gomes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Someone posted a while back that the LFC u21's were playing Sligo in February, on the LFC site it says the 10th but i thought the post on here said something like the 24th Feb, can anyone confirm what date it's on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Love is in the air, boys and gals. Just click on the link and find your perfect match;)

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

• Advertisement

:(

Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Kerrigooney
    K-9
    Buford T. Justice V
    Charlie19
    J Mysterio
    livinginkorea
    Glico Man
    Go Harvey Go
    Luckycharms_7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Love is in the air, boys and gals. Just click on the link and find your perfect match;)

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

You're 5th on my list :eek:

Turty
    Knex
    Kerrigooney
    frazzledhome
    Harry Palmr
    Coulson
    Owayn
    Whelan2
    kowtow
    Charlie19
    Greengrass1

Fecks sake, that's only 2 forums:rolleyes:

I need to get out more:)

Looks like Turty is everyone's friend............the slag! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Knex. How you doin'? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I bet I know someone....oh never mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mmh4WCt.png

Hairy Japanese bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Kerrigooney
    K-9
    mada999
    RoboKlopp
    Gbear
    Grayditch
    Sir Gallagher
    expectationlost
    Calibos

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Kerrigooney
    K-9
    RoboKlopp
    Glico Man
    KevIRL
    OwaynOTT
    livinginkorea
    Dub13

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Kerrigooney
    K-9
    RoboKlopp
    Glico Man
    KevIRL
    OwaynOTT
    livinginkorea
    Dub13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Turd is such a dirty filthy whore....

Username Compatibility

Turtyturd
    K-9
    Knex.
    Kerrigooney
    Skid X
    Welsh Megaman
    LuckyLloyd
    RoboKlopp
    grey_so_what
    Glico Man
    dublinman1990

• Advertisement

J Mysterio
    Dozen Wicked Words
    SlickRic
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Harry Palmr
    Kerrigooney
    Buford T. Justice V
    Charlie19
    RoboKlopp
    Luckycharms_74

Truty slips off the top but is still good for making top4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Knex.
    Turtyturd
    Shankly Gates
    Glico Man
    Kerrigooney
    K-9
    massdebater
    livinginkorea
    RoboKlopp
    Sir Gallagher
    Benzino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Knex.
    Turtyturd
    Shankly Gates
    Glico Man
    Kerrigooney
    K-9
    massdebater
    livinginkorea
    RoboKlopp
    Sir Gallagher
    Benzino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Truty slips off the top but is still good for making top4

Fitting that it's the arsenal position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I dunno has it been mentioned but it looks like Teixeira is going to some Chinese shower.

€50m. 200k a week.

Farcical decision, but I guess it beats sticking around somewhere he's made himself persona non grata.
    On the plus side we won't have to see what could've been because nobody is going to pay attention to the Chinese league.

Be interesting to see who else is on the radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I dunno has it been mentioned but it looks like Teixeira is going to some Chinese shower.

€50m. 200k a week.

Farcical decision, but I guess it beats sticking around somewhere he's made himself persona non grata.
    On the plus side we won't have to see what could've been because nobody is going to pay attention to the Chinese league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gbear wrote: »

€50m. 200k a week.

Surely he would have got a move in the summer to a top European club. Fair enough, he's raking in the wages, but you could do that at the end of your career with moves like that. It's a waste of a career, football wise. But of course, it's hard to turn down that mad money that sets you up for life.

This Chinese thing has just come out of the blue. I remember Anelka going over and then Drogba in a trickle type movement, now the tap is starting to flow freely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Delighted the lfc supporters are doing this protest at saturdays game. Fsg are fleecing us. Ive become very suspect of fsg in the past year or so especially during the summer window when we got back into the champions league. They have made their money yet made us mediocre on the pitch

monkey9 wrote: »
    Surely he would have got a move in the summer to a top European club. Fair enough, he's raking in the wages, but you could do that at the end of your career with moves like that. It's a waste of a career, football wise. But of course, it's hard to turn down that mad money that sets you up for life.

This Chinese thing has just come out of the blue. I remember Anelka going over and then Drogba in a trickle type movement, now the tap is starting to flow freely.
    Anelka and Drogba didn't stay long, iirc?

On Teixeira, there is an offer made and the transfer deadline is the end of this month, I think, but I think Teixeira was looking to stay in Europe from a few sites but who knows what the reality is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I have Adblock Plus installed but the site you referred to doesn't like the fact there is an Adblocker in use says the stream will remain dark and small unless the Adblocker is turned off.

How do you get around that?

Really , on USA GOALS.
    That is weird as I use adblock plus, no mention of screen staying dark if it's not turned off. Never had that issue.
    I know what you mean though. I have that issue on this site> http://cricfree.sx/ < if a game is on tv one can watch the channel here.
    But you need adblock off , but after a few attempts at closing ads they stay closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

monkey9 wrote: »

Yeah Tim Vickery was talking about it on The World Football phone in, saying that there has been a huge influx of money into the chinese game and that alot of players playing in the Brazilian league were headed that way for the money. Pato was linked to a chinese club before his move to Chelsea if reports are to be believed. Anyway, you can expect more and more players heading to china over the next few windows.

Fitting that it's the arsenal position

If I was ever worried that I was stuck inside some Inception type dream machine Arsenal being in 4th place would be my totem to know I was back in the real world.

Potential Underachiever
    Kerrigooney
    Hangballlouie
    Buford T. Justice V
    Washington Irving
    Knex
    Nuka Cola
    Glico Man
    Shankly Gates
    5starpool
    Grayditch
    Harry Palmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turty
    Knex
    Kerrigooney
    frazzledhome
    Harry Palmr
    Coulson
    Owayn
    Whelan2
    kowtow
    Charlie19
    Greengrass1

Fecks sake, that's only 2 forums:rolleyes:

I need to get out more:)

I made a list! Excelsior!

Weirdly not on my list and we always says thanks to each other.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    If I was ever worried that I was stuck inside some Inception type dream machine Arsenal being in 4th place would be my totem to know I was back in the real world.

Reality is a dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Gbear wrote: »

€50m. 200k a week.

If that's true, Liverpool have dodged a bullet. Anyone that has moved to Ukraine and potentially China has no real ambition, and is only chasing handy money. If this is the thinking he was never going to excel in one of the big leagues in Western Europe.

Kerrigooney
    CiDeRmAn
    Washington Irving
    o1s1n
    RoboKlopp
    Myrddin
    googled eyes
    Buford T. Justice V
    5starpool
    Glico Man
    Hangballlouie

Way out in front is kerrigooney and I'm not particularly fond of that aging lothario. I dunno even know who Glico Man is and how many of those are Rarnes?
    And where's the two major saps?
    My faith in boards had been shoke lately but it's all but crumbled now.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I made a list! Excelsior!

Weirdly not on my list and we always says thanks to each other.

Reality is a dream.

Friends don't show up pal.

Coulson is a surprising omission from my list but at least it highlights how much rubbish Doughboy is spouting.

Friends don't show up pal.

Coulson is a surprising omission from my list but at least it highlights how much rubbish Doughboy is spouting.

Thanks buddy.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Thanks buddy.

No worries guy.

FA Youth Cup away at Forest from 7PM

LFC u18s starting XI vs Notts Forest: George; Alexander-Arnold, Masterson, Parker, Owens; Phillips, Kane; Lennon, Alves, Ejaria; Woodburn (twitter.com)

Kelleher, Johnston, Coyle, Dhanda, T Gomes

Liverpool win 1-2 and will play either Arsenal or Coventry in the quarter final.

No worries guy.

giphy.gif

Cheers kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That's mine.

I love Lloyd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That's mine.

I love Lloyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Big money in China

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/anfield-stadium-development-wont-raise-8228244 (4 DEC 2014)

Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre has said the club won't raise ticket prices to pay for the new-look Anfield.

In a week when ticket prices to watch games at Anfield have been very much in the news, he said: “On ticket prices, the building of this and construction of this doesn’t change anything.

“We have the same attitude to pricing as we have with or without the new main stand.

“We are really trying to create a solution that provides more of the good products that we have and better facilities, a more modern solution.

“We’ve been trying to do that in other areas of the stadium before this. We’ve improved and renovated many of the lounges in the Centenary Stand and we’ve done a lot of work in some other parts of the stadium. And this is no different.

I know the article was back in 2014 but the new stand has not been completed yet and local fans are disillusioned with the way the tickets are being sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

J Mysterio
    Dozen Wicked Words
    SlickRic
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Harry Palmr
    Kerrigooney
    Buford T. Justice V
    Charlie19
    RoboKlopp
    Luckycharms_74

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Agent Coulson 
    Knex. 
    Harry Palmr 
    brevity 
    Kerrigooney  
    RoboKlopp 
    Charlie19 
    Buford T. Justice V 
    rob316 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Big money in China

Am I the only one adding the word 'little' in my head here before the word China? I can't be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Finally see my name on others love list

Ken-Doll-Gets-Ready-To-Romance-In-Toy-Story-3.gif

Kerrigooney
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Agent Coulson
    OwaynOTT
    livinginkorea
    Shankly Gates
    Washington Irving
    RoboKlopp
    Glico Man
    Hangballlouie

Not surprised to see Tex head to China. Crazy wages.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement