Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

^ Anyone else think that looks like Jan Arne Riise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I never make any of the lists. I feel like Michael Owen would on a stag do. :(

Username Compatibility
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Kerrigooney
    Zero-Cool
    Buford T. Justice V
    Glico Man
    mada999
    Harry Palmr
    Charlie19
    x43r0
    Loughc

Turty waaaaay out in front, I think he's hacked the site. How many thanking bots you got running Turts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Knex.
    Buford T. Justice V
    Kerrigooney
    J Mysterio
    K-9
    Turtyturd
    Charlie19
    Augeo
    Harry Palmr
    Sir Gallagher
    mada999

Where's Toby, I thought we were soul mates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mormank wrote: »
    Am I the only one adding the word 'little' in my head here before the word China? I can't be...

I was going to post an 'all in the reflexes' gif but then I think this is relevant to the thread.

zPGR2iW.gif

Turty feeling a little contemplative there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I was going to post an 'all in the reflexes' gif but then I think this is relevant to the thread.

zPGR2iW.gif

Turty feeling a little contemplative there.

I don't know how to add gifs and other such things, I would have done otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

ricero wrote: »
    They have made their money yet made us mediocre on the pitch
    Please explain? How have they made their money? Dividend payments? I'm also curious how FSG have made us mediocre on the pitch. When the owners get involved in football matters like coaching, buying the players and selecting the team they are (rightly) castigated and now it seems when all they do is stabilise the sinking ship they bought from H&G, open the purse strings to buy players, hire one of the most sought after managers in world football and finance the redevelopment of Anfield WITHOUT interfering with football matters they are blamed for making us mediocre. Hilarious logic. It takes all sorts I guess.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sturridge wants to leave as he is upset people are questioning his desire to actually play. It'd be nice to show us on the pitch how much he wants to play.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3432528/Daniel-Sturridge-set-quit-Liverpool-striker-fumes-injury-criticism-putting-Arsenal-Manchester-United-alert.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

:D Yeah right.

5starpool wrote: »
    Sturridge wants to leave as he is upset people are questioning his desire to actually play. It'd be nice to show us on the pitch how much he wants to play.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3432528/Daniel-Sturridge-set-quit-Liverpool-striker-fumes-injury-criticism-putting-Arsenal-Manchester-United-alert.html

"Go ahead Daniel. Leave. All you have to do is walk out that door..."

And that's how you get him to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

noodler wrote: »
    That's mine.

I love Lloyd.

You and my mother, that's about it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sturridge mustn't be into the whole hugging crack, either that or Klopp made fun of his dance.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You and my mother, that's about it :pac:

Top of my list too Lloydy baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'He believes a clean break is needed.' A new injury for the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Sell him to China for a squillion yen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Footage has emerged of Daniel Sturridge attempting to leave Anfield:

tumblr_mwwt48jPy81r33mkqo1_400.gif

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'He believes a clean break is needed.' A new injury for the list?

Tearaway from Liverpool...
    Straight through the revolving door...
    Mr. Glass' ceiling finally shatters...
    Strained relationship means Sturridge limps away...

So many headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Knowing the club's luck they'd sell him and he'd turn into iron man barely missing a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Won't even bother reading that link, but if Sturridge is happy to give away his huge wages he has at the moment at Liverpool for a pay as you play deal with another club whilst we get a very good transfer fee, then off you go.

In reality, just start playing football ffs.

Knowing the club's luck they'd sell him and he'd turn into iron man barely missing a game.

Knowing Sturridge he'd turn into Iron Man and end up rusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seems like the sketchiest of articles. They didn't even bother with a "sources close to the player say...", instead they just waffle on without any attempt to attribute it to anyone but themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That's what i'd be afraid of if we sold him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Two stories by complete guff-merchants seemingly fabricated out of a sense of impatience and uncertainty and published on a slow news day just as he's pictured back in training. It's almost certainly a fiction.

Also, since when would he be in a position to look for a move? He's barely played and earns more than anyone else at Liverpool bar maybe Milner with his signing fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Knex
    Turtyturd
    RoboKlopp
    Grayditch
    Je Suis Mario
    5starpool
    Kerrigooney
    Washington Irving
    Monkey9
    ~Rebel~

I will freely admit I didn't recognise my name in those lists, and felt down... then remembered I'm no longer a 007 :o:rolleyes:

Hairy Japanese bastards.

I'm the only hairy Japanese bastard thank you very much :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

None of ye saps like me anymore :(

Knex.
    Grayditch
    Zero-Cool
    Turtyturd
    Kerrigooney
    Xenji
    johnny_ultimate
    Otacon
    Washington Irving
    RoboKlopp
    Captain Chaos

martyos121 wrote: »
    "Go ahead Daniel. Leave. All you have to do is walk out that door..."

And that's how you get him to stay.

The door will hit him on the way out and he'll absent for six months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not to sound like an abusive ex boyfrined, but if Sturridge leaves who would take him....

His injury career is longer than his playing career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not to sound like an abusive ex boyfrined, but if Sturridge leaves who would take him....

His injury career is longer than his playing career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Some cheek if he wants to leave given how well the club have looked after him.

If we got a decent offer we'd have to listen.

He's not reliable.

No way Klopp is going into next season with fingers crossed that Sturridge might stay fit for the season.

Cut him loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kirby
    Turtyturd
    RoboKlopp
    Knex.
    Lamposts
    Parawind
    Mr Moon
    Grayditch
    Sir Gallagher
    joe123
    Kerrigooney

Definitely rigged in Turtyturd's favour! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It would be madness to let him go. We bought him for 12 million. His wages are not that astronomical in the great scheme of things and he is the only world class player we have. In case anyone is wondering we haven't had a great record of replacing our world class players as of late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Let China have him for 50 mill

Bowlardo wrote: »
    It would be madness to let him go. We bought him for 12 million. His wages are not that astronomical in the great scheme of things and he is the only world class player we have. In case anyone is wondering we haven't had a great record of replacing our world class players as of late

He doesn't play. There's not much to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mormank wrote: »
    Am I the only one adding the word 'little' in my head here before the word China? I can't be...

Ha, was only watching that film last night. Classic :D

Top of my list too Lloydy baby.

I love you too Dom

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Bowlardo wrote: »

He's on £150,000 a week

Not much point having a 'world class player' if he misses most of the season

Fair enough if he comes back in the next few weeks and stays fit for the rest of the season, scoring loads in the process.

Otherwise I'd be quite happy to let him go try his luck somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Go on so, ye hoors. I'll join the love boat.

cki7Pi7.png

I like how the love hearts have been replaced with question marks. It resemblances my total uncertainty towards all ye saps.

OwaynOTT is seriously slacking off these days.

Rega wrote: »
    He's on £150,000 a week

Not much point having a 'world class player' if he misses most of the season

Fair enough if he comes back in the next few weeks and stays fit for the rest of the season, scoring loads in the process.

Otherwise I'd be quite happy to let him go try his luck somewhere else

I think people are stuck with the memory of the guy from the first 18 months of his time at the club than the guy we have now.

I'd be happy to see him wheeled out of the club this summer, given his injuries and reliance on his pace we will most likely only get 2-3 years more out of him anyway, and they will be the same stop/start pattern as the last 18 months. If someone else is willing to spend money and risk signing him we should be happy to take it from them.

The article is most likely rubbish, I can't see him walking away from 150 grand a week to another club offering less, but you can also see why it's not that much of a leap to believe it could be true given the way he carries himself on the pitch, Gerrard and 'The Rodgers' comments about him, the questions about his mentality, and Klopp taking a hardline with him.

I am also beginning to think it's no coincidence that the season he declared himself fit for most games was one involving a title race.

It doesn't look good for Sturridge, that's the bottom line. There's very few positive noises.

There is also the possibility that the article is a face saving exercise. He has to know that Klopp/the owners are pissed off with how unreliable he is and are willing to offload him and he's trying to get there first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There is also the possibility that the article is a face saving exercise. He has to know that Klopp/the owners are pissed off with how unreliable he is and are willing to offload him and he's trying to get there first.

"YOU CAN'T FIRE ME! I QUIT!"

No one who you would trust as a sauce has an article about Sturridge today -until the names Joyce, Barrett, Hunter and Pearce start appearing I'm happy to believe this is a non story story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It doesn't look good for Sturridge, that's the bottom line. There's very few positive noises.

Yeah it sounds that way. Ever since Klopp came in he seems to be taking a firmer line and that's probably based on what he's hearing from the medical staff. I'd love for him to just play the 38 league games next year. If we're gonna sell him I'd sell him to a foreign club if possible/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I think people are stuck with the memory of the guy from the first 18 months of his time at the club than the guy we have now.

I'd be happy to see him wheeled out of the club this summer, given his injuries and reliance on his pace we will most likely only get 2-3 years more out of him anyway, and they will be the same stop/start pattern as the last 18 months. If someone else is willing to spend money and risk signing him we should be happy to take it from them.

The article is most likely rubbish, I can't see him walking away from 150 grand a week to another club offering less, but you can also see why it's not that much of a leap to believe it could be true given the way he carries himself on the pitch, Gerrard and 'The Rodgers' comments about him, the questions about his mentality, and Klopp taking a hardline with him.

I am also beginning to think it's no coincidence that the season he declared himself fit for most games was one involving a title race.

I posted here a little while ago that I thought that Klopp's requirement for 10 days of consecutive training was about a contest of wills, rather than actual fitness. I reckon we're entering the end game for Sturridge now, if he pulls up with yet another hard to diagnose ailment that "baffles" the medical team, that will be that. Could end up in a pretty radical situation like a contract termination for non-performance or the like. Hopefully it won't come to that, and some other club will take a punt on him. Even at that, the message sent out is terrible, the club has allowed itself to be humiliated by players, agents and others too many times in the last few years.

I pretty vehemently took a number of posters on here to task earlier in the season for suggestions that he was malingering.

Sorry lads, I suppose I was a bit naive.

No one who you would trust as a sauce has an article about Sturridge today -until the names Joyce, Barrett, Hunter and Pearce start appearing I'm happy to believe this is a non story story

Stop killing our hopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I'm going to thank every single post from now on even if I don't agree with them I want to top the love chart next year.

The first question Klopp will have to respond to is Strurridge isn't it? Expect him to laugh it off. If he doesn't.....

corwill wrote: »
    I pretty vehemently took a number of posters on here to task earlier in the season for suggestions that he was malingering.

Sorry lads, I suppose I was a bit naive.

It was confused at the time by the fact that he actually presented himself on the pitch the following week against Southampton. I don't think it's a negative for people to want to see the best in our players. Do think the writing has been on the wall with regards to Sturridge for some time however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

It's official

The Chinese transfer record has been broken for the third time in 10 days after Jiangsu Suning spent £38.4m on Alex Teixeira. - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35500020

Can't blame him. It's a short career. Play for whoever pays the most, retire at 35 and spend the rest of your life playing football with your mates in local leagues where you can win all the silverware you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's official

The Chinese transfer record has been broken for the third time in 10 days after Jiangsu Suning spent £38.4m on Alex Teixeira. - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35500020

Can't blame him. It's a short career. Play for whoever pays the most, retire at 35 and spend the rest of your life playing football with your mates in local leagues where you can win all the silverware you want.

So much for him wanting to get into the Brazil side.

Crazy money and I think Liverpool were right to walk away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement