Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

murpho999 wrote: »
    So much for him wanting to get into the Brazil side.

Crazy money and I think Liverpool were right to walk away.

Seemed like he just wanted away from Shaktar.

Think we dodged a bullet there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He could be planning for the future. Get out of Shaktar, get some money, then be at a club that might accept a reasonable transfer for him later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Vicxas wrote: »
    Seemed like he just wanted away from Shaktar.

Think we dodged a bullet there.

Absolutely,

Best bit of business Klopp has not done this Winter, lol....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He could be planning for the future. Get out of Shaktar, get some money, then be at a club that might accept a reasonable transfer for him later.

How would that happen? Chinese team have paid top money for him, so how would they get a reasonable fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Gbear wrote: »
    "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME! I QUIT!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

How would that happen? Chinese team have paid top money for him, so how would they get a reasonable fee?

That whole market is bonkers, look at Jackson Martinez, Athletico actually made a profit on the transfer fee, and he's been stink since joining from Porto. Second Captains had an entertaining chat on it on yesterday's pod. They infer that there's two factors: Chinese clubs actually overpaying to "make a statement"; and Jorge Mendes is up to his balls in the whole thing. Ergo; sh!t be crazee.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sorry, maybe I should say they may be more willing to negotiate in the future rather than Shaktar are willing to negotiate.

I think Chinese clubs in the past have sacrificed huge amounts of money to shift players on, I'm pretty sure they did with Anelka and Drogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sorry, maybe I should say they may be more willing to negotiate in the future rather than Shaktar are willing to negotiate.

I think Chinese clubs in the past have sacrificed huge amounts of money to shift players on, I'm pretty sure they did with Anelka and Drogba.

Anelka cost Shanghai £12m, Drogba was a free transfer. Neither returned a transfer fee when leaving, but that was at the very start of the Chinese clubs splashing cash (or not in Drogba's case).

With a £50m outlay on Teixeira, there's no way he'll be moving on from there if it isn't for a similar fee. Why would they? It doesn't make any sense to do it.

There's a decent sized Brazilian community in the Chinese league now too - this will be a real status symbol for the clubs and Teixeira will be the jewel in that crown, purely based on his fee.

--

As for LFC's role in all of this, it seems like his agent was just trying to use to either a) push up the offer from China, or b) he didn't care where he went, once it wasn't Shakhtar.

He can say goodbye to his chances of playing for Brazil now anyway I'd say.

Anyway, now I can go back to not knowing anything about Teixeira...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

it's all a bit grim

RoboKlopp
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Agent Coulson
    Grayditch
    murpho999
    Kerrigooney
    5starpool
    Harry Palmr
    Charlie19
    NukaCola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Finally see my name on others love list

Ken-Doll-Gets-Ready-To-Romance-In-Toy-Story-3.gif

Kerrigooney
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Agent Coulson
    OwaynOTT
    livinginkorea
    Shankly Gates
    Washington Irving
    RoboKlopp
    Glico Man
    Hangballlouie

Not surprised to see Tex head to China. Crazy wages.

is that what Riise is doing now ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

So much for him wanting to get into the Brazil side.

Crazy money and I think Liverpool were right to walk away.

Yep. His wages alone puts things in perspective for those who were quick to jump on the "bash the club" bandwagon when the move did not materialize. We could not, and certainly should not, be matching those wages.

On a general note, football is getting bat-sh1t mental, money-wise. I can't help feeling it's all going to blow up in a few years, the money invested in PL players seems to be inversely proportional to the effort expended on the pitch and the quality of the football. When it all goes wallop we are going to be ruminating about FIFA / Qatar / the abolition of transfer fee limits / ticket prices going above £100 / sky subscriptions .. and wondering where it all went wrong!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A
    With a £50m outlay on Teixeira, there's no way he'll be moving on from there if it isn't for a similar fee. Why would they? It doesn't make any sense to do it.

Euros. Not pounds.

Big difference these days.

They paid what we wouldn't - £38m or so.

Between his age (too old to have much sell on value or be given time to get up to speed.. **cough** Lallana... **cough**), his record in an unfashionable league (and only 1 truly excellent season in that) and the price I can see why we were hesitant to pull the trigger.

If it's true that Klopp was the one to hold fire, that gives me a large degree of confidence in the decision.
    He's not desperate, like Rodgers was in getting Benteke because we just needed goals (as it turns out, mayhaps a caretaker with a less ambitious summer window would've been best?). He knew we'd either get another crack at Teixeira in the summer or have time to find someone else up to snuff, and not pregressively more panicky choices after our 1st and 2nd options piss off elsewhere (although, of course, that could happen again in the summer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

From Melissa Reddy's article on TAW:

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/02/liverpool-klopp-doesnt-want-someone-else-neither/
    But if we all agree that quality is what the club are missing, getting someone else in is the easy, but not the most effective answer. Teixeira was a priority because he was the best option on Liverpool’s shortlist. Attempting to bring in number two or three or five just to have another body in the squad is doing the same thing over and over and then pleading against insanity.

Klopp has already stated that simply growing the squad without properly enhancing it is not for him. Not for me either, thanks.

I endorse this message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mada999 wrote: »
    it's all a bit grim

RoboKlopp
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Agent Coulson
    Grayditch
    murpho999
    Kerrigooney
    5starpool
    Harry Palmr
    Charlie19
    NukaCola

You should have given each name it's own post.

mada999 wrote: »
    it's all a bit grim

RoboKlopp
    Turtyturd
    Knex.
    Agent Coulson
    Grayditch
    murpho999
    Kerrigooney
    5starpool
    Harry Palmr
    Charlie19
    NukaCola

PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just on the Sturridge thing.

At the end of the day I love him and think he is by far our best player and one of the best strikers in the league when fit.

When fit is the appropriate phrase here though. At the end of the day I just think Liverpool can not afford to pay a guy £150k a week to not even train.

Yes if your Chelsea, City or United with billionaire owners/financial powerhouse that wouldn't be a lot of money to pay a guy in the hope he would regain fitness. Because if he does regain his fitness he will get 20/30 goals a season and could be the reason you win a league.

For us, if Sturridge wasn't here we would have an extra £150k in wages to offer to new signings. A lot of the players signed from abroad do sign smaller contracts and we could easily pay two top class guys £75k each a week with a zero increase in our wage fee each week, or 100k each with only an increase of £50k to the overall budget.

These two guys you would hope would also add to the team and bring something more and be an improvment over what we already have, whereas Sturridge offers us nothing at the moment.

Saying that I hope he stays, gets fit and manages to play 60-70% of games from now(conservative estimate to make sure no more injury break downs) on and score quite a few goals for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I think I'm going to thank every single post from now on even if I don't agree with them I want to top the love chart next year.
    'That's why I'm eeeeasy, easy like Sunday morning..'

Quick question, lads.

I just got a PM from someone who is looking for 3 tickets for the Sunderland game. He is bringing his kids over and has flights booked but found out last night the tickets are forgeries. What is his best option to get tickets now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

personally delighted not to get him now.

I think it shows an awful lack of ambition because I dont buy into the whole 'this is the start of something big in china talk' that some may think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I think it shows an awful lack of ambition because I dont buy into the whole 'this is the start of something big in china talk' that some may think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FC Barcelona - Masia @FCBmasia · 20h20 hours ago
    View translation

Visita al desierto del Cadete A. Mañana final del Torneo de Abu Dhabi contra el Liverpool (15.30 horas).
    #FCBMasia
    CaY5zE3WEAAyxh6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Iang87 wrote: »

Same here, shows a complete lack of ambition.

Quick question, lads.

I just got a PM from someone who is looking for 3 tickets for the Sunderland game. He is bringing his kids over and has flights booked but found out last night the tickets are forgeries. What is his best option to get tickets now?

Slim chance of getting any unfortunately unless he fancies outside the ground sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Quick question, lads.

That's terrible hope he gets sorted. If all else fails he might get in for the last 13 minutes when everyone else leaves. Bringing my son myself tomorrow for the first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Skrtel has re-injured himself. Needs another 2 to 3 weeks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Skrtel has re-injured himself. Needs another 2 to 3 weeks off.

Perhaps he's sacrificing himself in oder to give Sturridge two days of fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its great news about Sturridge he could be playing against West Ham. I'll continue to remain hopeful he can make a comeback while he remains at the club, that sort of quality is incredibly difficult to find on the transfer market at a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

garra wrote: »
    Yep. His wages alone puts things in perspective for those who were quick to jump on the "bash the club" bandwagon when the move did not materialize. We could not, and certainly should not, be matching those wages.

On a general note, football is getting bat-sh1t mental, money-wise. I can't help feeling it's all going to blow up in a few years, the money invested in PL players seems to be inversely proportional to the effort expended on the pitch and the quality of the football. When it all goes wallop we are going to be ruminating about FIFA / Qatar / the abolition of transfer fee limits / ticket prices going above £100 / sky subscriptions .. and wondering where it all went wrong!!!

Agree. In particular I cant understand how tv money keeps increasing given everyone is streaming matches for free, even to auld ones. The bubble will burst.

rob316 wrote: »
    Its great news about Sturridge he could be playing against West Ham. I'll continue to remain hopeful he can make a comeback while he remains at the club, that sort of quality is incredibly difficult to find on the transfer market at a good price.

No way - Villa will be his first game and a good one to come back for I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Teix choosing China for the money. No Champions League no meaningful trophies probably no hope of getting in Brasil squad. just money. PLus I hated the way he acted when linked with Liverpool, he showed no respect to his club, he did everything but pose in a Liverpool shirt. If Coutinho acted in such a way he would be slaughtered by our fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Teix choosing China for the money. No Champions League no meaningful trophies probably no hope of getting in Brasil squad. just money. PLus I hated the way he acted when linked with Liverpool, he showed no respect to his club, he did everything but pose in a Liverpool shirt. If Coutinho acted in such a way he would be slaughtered by our fans.

Would he have much hope of any of those things at Liverpool?

Can't fault a guy for going where there's most money. It's virtually all of our first consideration when changing employer so don't see why a footballer wouldn't be the same

He'd be picked for Brazil no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Same here, shows a complete lack of ambition.
    Really depends how you define "ambition". Plenty of players followed the orthodox definition of ambition, joined clubs who they thought would win things but ended up winning nothing, were quickly forgotten about and are now in middle age wishing they'd played for the money.

He'd be picked for Brazil no question.
    So what? If that was important to him he'd have made a different decision, it clearly isn't important to him and that's ok. There are plenty of players who got picked for Brazil last year who wish they hadn't been!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

5starpool wrote: »
    Sturridge wants to leave as he is upset people are questioning his desire to actually play. It'd be nice to show us on the pitch how much he wants to play.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3432528/Daniel-Sturridge-set-quit-Liverpool-striker-fumes-injury-criticism-putting-Arsenal-Manchester-United-alert.html
    just when he was getting back to full fitness, he injures his pride. Typical.

• Advertisement

So what? If that was important to him he'd have made a different decision, it clearly isn't important to him and that's ok. There are plenty of players who got picked for Brazil last year who wish they hadn't been!!!

So what nothing! I was responding to a question that all! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

just when he was getting back to full fitness, he injures his pride. Typical.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Anyone tempted by Sunderland @8/1
    Not an awful lot between the two sides we haven't scored in over 5 hours and don't look like scoring
    I know Sunderland are crap but they will keep it tight and the crowd will be on our backs looks a bit of value to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone tempted by Sunderland @8/1
    Not an awful lot between the two sides we haven't scored in over 5 hours and don't look like scoring
    I know Sunderland are crap but they will keep it tight and the crowd will be on our backs looks a bit of value to me

Why you such a miser ?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not sure what you are talking about. He wanted to join it seems, but Shaktar wouldn't sell him for what was offered, so instead he decided that if he was going to play in a weird country far away from home he might as well get paid far more for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He was willing to take 45k a week to play for us. I wouldn't be so quick to disregard him as a player/person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ricero wrote: »
    Why you such a miser ?

Hope he remembers to cash out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

We could have dodged a bullet there. It seems like he doesn't want to further his career as a footballer. He would be happy to just play and collect his pay package. No desire to get into Brazil squad and no desire to win trophies. Hope he enjoys his money.

ricero wrote: »
    Why you such a miser ?

Based on form those are good odds. I find it difficult to bet against LFC but find the winnings help cushion the disappointment of losing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

GiftofGab wrote: »
    We could have dodged a bullet there. It seems like he doesn't want to further his career as a footballer. He would be happy to just play and collect his pay package. No desire to get into Brazil squad and no desire to win trophies. Hope he enjoys his money.

The reason he's not at Liverpool has more to do with the two clubs than him .
    He couldn't have tried harder to go.

Knex. wrote: »
    He was willing to take 45k a week to play for us. I wouldn't be so quick to disregard him as a player/person

Not in a month of Sundays would a player we were paying £24m (or more for) accept less than the league average wages. I don't believe it and if it's true 2 things would happen. 1. His agent would soon get fired and 2. His new agent would agitate for wages on a par with the other players we have in that value bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

GiftofGab wrote: »

Do they not play for trophies in China?

Novel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ok that didn't last long I don't need to be top of the love table here next year so I'm stopping liking all posts...

I'm joining another love league in China for bigger loves and Thanks!

CaY5zE3WEAAyxh6.jpg

FC Barcelona - Liverpool (4-3). Liverpool's bash street kids only slightly worse than the the Masia students

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement