Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Do they not play for trophies in China?

Novel.

They play for the glory of the people's republic of China and the love of the merciful leader. And counterfeit phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Quick question, lads.

I just got a PM from someone who is looking for 3 tickets for the Sunderland game. He is bringing his kids over and has flights booked but found out last night the tickets are forgeries. What is his best option to get tickets now?

worse feeling ever... got stung in Madrid years ago too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Ok that didn't last long I don't need to be top of the love table here next year so I'm stopping liking all posts...

I'm joining another love league in China for bigger loves and Thanks!

I'd avoid the love league in Thailand, totally different, em, ball game, so to speak.

Unless that's your game, which is totally grand #nophobo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Iang87 wrote: »
    personally delighted not to get him now.

I think it shows an awful lack of ambition because I dont buy into the whole 'this is the start of something big in china talk' that some may think.

It's all relative. No one is saying that Chinese football is about to take over the world. However what is happening right now in china is massive, for china. I believe the Chinese transfer record has been broken 3 times in the current window alone. So yeah, this is the start of something big in Chinese football.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

mormank wrote: »
    It's all relative. No one is saying that Chinese football is about to take over the world. However what is happening right now in china is massive, for china. I believe the Chinese transfer record has been broken 3 times in the current window alone. So yeah, this is the start of something big in Chinese football.

I think it was on CNN where it was said that China wants sports in the country to be worth $800 billion a year to the country in 10 years, and to be larger than the US sports market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Also when you look at the rules, it's not so crazy...they can only have 5 foreigners - so the rest of your squad is going to be on a tiny fraction of those wages, bought for more nominal fees. It makes sense that if they only get 5, they'd go for the best five they could afford.

What doesn't make sense is the prices paid for some of them though...Ramirez and Jackson could have been gotten for 20% less than was paid you'd imagine. Teixeira's fee is more understandable under the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    Go on so, ye hoors. I'll join the love boat.

cki7Pi7.png

I like how the love hearts have been replaced with question marks. It resemblances my total uncertainty towards all ye saps.

OwaynOTT is seriously slacking off these days.

I was temporarily unemployed since leaving college, so hadn't as much time to post.
    I'm started my new job on Tuesday, so will be raring to go then.

Woo hoo public service!
    Do they not play for trophies in China?

Novel.

They play for novels?

How queer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I was temporarily unemployed since leaving college, so hadn't as much time to post.
    I'm started my new job on Tuesday, so will be raring to go then.

Woo hoo public service!

They play for novels?

How queer.

Civil?

Which dept /grade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I see someone has put a false headline in the humour thread for likes

Bit like the Gary Neville one

Cadq2SDXEAA-fVz.jpg

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Civil?

Which dept /grade?

Library services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

_____Mignolet______

Clyne_Lovren_Sakho___

_Milner_Henderson_Can

__Ibe_Firmino_Lallana____

_______________Moreno___

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

_____Mignolet______

Clyne_Lovren_Sakho___

_Milner_Henderson_Can

_______________Moreno___

Kill em that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

_____Mignolet______

Clyne_Lovren_Sakho___

_Milner_Henderson_Can

_______________Moreno___

Mig as lone striker...suppose he can't do any worse in front of the oppo goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Turty & Knex top my chart...
    The pair of tramps:p

Kerrigooney
    Agent C
    Harry P
    Corvus M
    Buford T
    Owayn
    LivinginK
    5starpool
    Mada999

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Turty & Knex top my chart...
    The pair of tramps:p

Kerrigooney
    Agent C
    Harry P
    Corvus M
    Buford T
    Owayn
    LivinginK
    5starpool
    Mada999

Fcuk! I'm only one spot above the regelation. Unless it's a Scottish premier league, is it Scottish Charlie?
    Kinda hope it isn't, do t want to seeing kerrigooney that much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fcuk! I'm only one spot above the regelation. Unless it's a Scottish premier league, is it Scottish Charlie?
    Kinda hope it isn't, do t want to seeing kerrigooney that much.

Well here I am baby so shut your face :)

On another note... we've been laughing at Chelsea all season and now they're 5 points behind us with us going in the wrong direction and them going in the right direction. Depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I see someone has put a false headline in the humour thread for likes

Bit like the Gary Neville one

Cadq2SDXEAA-fVz.jpg

The 'humour' thread is a waste of a thread. It could have been decent, but the nonsense of that Ayre post sums it up. I don't get what's meant to be funny about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Library services.

7babfa28475c41e24f6136ab8b963800142ec9f437f513fe0e9d1e68c4f17a3a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

monkey9 wrote: »
    The 'humour' thread is a waste of a thread. It could have been decent, but the nonsense of that Ayre post sums it up. I don't get what's meant to be funny about it.
    It's playground humour, my-daddy-is-bigger-than-your-daddy type stuff where any possible reason to make fun of the opposition has to be taken.

The Humour thread is a godsend. It takes most of the almost trolling and moves it into one easily accessed or ignored thread.

It's way better there than clogging up the superthreads with he-started-it-first when the mod hammer comes down.

what is happening right now in china is massive, for china. I believe the Chinese transfer record has been broken 3 times in the current window alone. So yeah, this is the start of something big in Chinese football.

Is that you Michael Owen ?

• Advertisement

7babfa28475c41e24f6136ab8b963800142ec9f437f513fe0e9d1e68c4f17a3a.jpg

God no, hate books to be honest. And people. And working.

Match thread up ye saps! It's me first so go on about supporting it.

you where doing it wrong chief !:pac:

mada999 wrote: »
    you where doing it wrong chief !:pac:

Boards is full of employed people posting whilst they should be working. Why else would there be almost daily social welfare bashing threads in after hours.
    Place dies at the weekend as well and does be booming on a Monday morning.

12662603_1034029233309423_731622108321694904_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6e86ed49977252e0844bd90838743497&oe=57305FE8

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    12662603_1034029233309423_731622108321694904_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6e86ed49977252e0844bd90838743497&oe=57305FE8

injured watching celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Klopp won't be at the match today, reportedly due to appendicitis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Klopp won't be at the match today, reportedly due to appendicitis.

All the recent questions about Sturridge probably caused it ;-)

Hope he recovers ok....gonna be a weird atmosphere at Anfield today..no Klopp and fan protest at 77 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Protesting about 200 seats in new stadium designed for the elite who would find 77.00 a cheap seat.
    Why is the average supporter so concerned with saving the 200 well off supporters a few pound.
    So weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Protesting about 200 seats in new stadium designed for the elite who would find 77.00 a cheap seat.
    Why is the average supporter so concerned with saving the 200 well off supporters a few pound.
    So weird.

Unfortunately a lot of our fans don't seem to want to read the full story, just looking for a reason to be mad at FSG, who've done a great job tbh. It's pathetic, and it's making us look bad. Ticket prices are actually going down for this set of supporters, and this £77 ticket doesn't affect the average fan in any way at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

martyos121 wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of our fans don't seem to want to read the full story, just looking for a reason to be mad at FSG, who've done a great job tbh. It's pathetic, and it's making us look bad. Ticket prices are actually going down for this set of supporters, and this £77 ticket doesn't affect the average fan in any way at all.

Wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

So weird.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-fan-solidarity-led-10850205
    Yes, 64% of season tickets will decrease or freeze but the reductions are minor in comparison to the increases others are facing. It’s the same with matchday tickets where 45% are going down but 55% are going up.

Yes, there aren’t many £77 tickets and it’s possible there may even be none come August as that area of the Main Stand could end up being filled solely by season ticket holders. However, the fact remains there are thousands of other ticket prices from £75 to £62 - all in excess of the current highest priced ticket of £59.

jenno86 wrote: »

Fair play to him for siding with the fans on this.

Rega wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-fan-solidarity-led-10850205
    Yes, 64% of season tickets will decrease or freeze but the reductions are minor in comparison to the increases others are facing. It’s the same with matchday tickets where 45% are going down but 55% are going up.

Yes, there aren’t many £77 tickets and it’s possible there may even be none come August as that area of the Main Stand could end up being filled solely by season ticket holders. However, the fact remains there are thousands of other ticket prices from £75 to £62 - all in excess of the current highest priced ticket of £59.

All the tickets should be affordable to all who want to go the match. It really is that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wishing Klopp a quick recovery

All the tickets should be affordable to all who want to go the match. It really is that simple.

So lads on the scratch long term should be able to afford tickets no bother ?
    Right, £2 in for all so.

Augeo wrote: »
    So lads on the scratch long term should be able to afford tickets no bother ?
    Right, £2 in for all so.

Exactly what I'm saying. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sturridge on the bench, banker to come on the 77th minute!

Mignolet
    Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno
    Hendersom Can Allen
    Lallana Milner
    Firmino

Ward Toure Benteke Sturridge Lucas Ibe Flanagan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah dull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

No width again today. I'd give Kent and/or Ojo a chance today, Milner and Lallana are not dangerous enough to support a functioning attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Would have sooner replaced Can, Henderson or Milner but glad Allen starts.

Sturridge on the bench?! He'll probably fall off it and miss another 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

CaiacOvW4AEC6Ib.jpg
    CaiaP_PWIAAblSW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sturridge to come on at the 76th min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Haha Sterling... 3-0 you little bollocks!

Sturridge to come on at the 76th min

So will the fans limp out instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Haha Sterling... 3-0 you little bollocks!

He left to win trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ugh. I would hate to live in a world as black and white as you! What about people who want to go but can't afford 5 pounds for a ticket? Should tickets be made affordable for them? Give over with childish naivety will you.

Fair play to Leicester, doing a brilliant job of challenging for the title:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement