Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Gods sake. I cant remember a time when there so many Liverpool games to watch - maybe two a week. Shame the football is so pedestrian, I can't enjoy it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

mormank wrote: »
    Ugh. I would hate to live in a world as black and white as you! What about people who want to go but can't afford 5 pounds for a ticket? Should tickets be made affordable for them? Give over with childish naivety will you.

Yes sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Gods sake. I cant remember a time when there so many Liverpool games to watch - maybe two a week. Shame the football is so pedestrian, I can't enjoy it. :(

Should be the same again next year, and hopefully we won't be ****e then.

We're already qualified for the EL aren't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fair play to Leicester, doing a brilliant job of challenging for the title:)

Fair play indeed, their "challenge" has been inspired and makes a mockery of the moneyed clubs beneath them. I can't understand some posters on here who would rather see Arsenal, City, Tottenham etc win the league, on the basis that we have thrown it away this season and therefore it would somehow hurt more if a lowly team like them were to win it. Such a churlish attitude to sport in general.

And besides, the grand from PaddyPower would help with my Ireland supporting fund in the summer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

GET IN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

We did a goal

garra wrote: »
    Fair play indeed, their "challenge" has been inspired and makes a mockery of the moneyed clubs beneath them. I can't understand some posters on here who would rather see Arsenal, City, Tottenham etc win the league, on the basis that we have thrown it away this season and therefore it would somehow hurt more if a lowly team like them were to win it. Such a churlish attitude to sport in general.

And besides, the grand from PaddyPower would help with my Ireland supporting fund in the summer. :D

City and Chelsea can't really get much better. They and Utd have fairly limited room for growth because they can attract the best players in the league already.

The weaker the team that wins it, the further we get from the top of the table.

Arsenal or Spurs winning the league would give them a great platform to permanently join the top with the other 3 in Arsenal's case, or get to Arsenal's level in Spurs' case.

Leiscester's stature is such that they'd be more likely to get their players poached than anything, but at the very least the money they'd get to reinvest would make them a more permanent fixture towards the top of the table and less reliant on just having 2 good attackers.

Bigger walkout then I anticipated. Lots gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bigger walkout then I anticipated. Lots gone.

Fair play to them.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Fair play to them.

Why? Its ridiculous... most of the tickets won't go up much and the demand is there for them. The local fans already have the benefit of not having to pay travel and accommodation costs to go to the games. The days of the club being a local club are long gone. We're now a club based in liverpool representing the obsession of millions world wide.

Its such a small time act and to think it wouldn't have a negative impact on the team is insane.

• Advertisement

And there it is... **** THIS ****.

Ah ****

AAAAAH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Were are spineless.

Nothing more to be said.

I was happy 5 mins ago. A win, its been a while. Hendo off with 5 mins to go, bam equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Gbear wrote: »
    City and Chelsea can't really get much better. They and Utd have fairly limited room for growth because they can attract the best players in the league already.

The weaker the team that wins it, the further we get from the top of the table.

Arsenal or Spurs winning the league would give them a great platform to permanently join the top with the other 3 in Arsenal's case, or get to Arsenal's level in Spurs' case.

Leiscester's stature is such that they'd be more likely to get their players poached than anything, but at the very least the money they'd get to reinvest would make them a more permanent fixture towards the top of the table and less reliant on just having 2 good attackers.

Analysis paralysis.. Leicester winning the PL this season is not going to impact our chances next season. Getting our own house in order is the imperative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jesus. So much wrong with Liverpool right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pussys the lot of them

Thats a load of complete and utter sh*t. Mignolet can **** off. How many points as he cost us. Sakho was awful for their goal. I think he;s out best cb by a mile but he needs to be dropped... of course we have no other cbs so that can't happen.

This is the most frustrating season in a long time. I'm actually dejected about a meaningless match.

And the fans that left are just being completely misled. Its actually madness. Protest if you want but abandoning the team hurts them not the owners.

Thats a load of complete and utter sh*t. Mignolet can **** off. How many points as he cost us. Sakho was awful for their goal. I think he;s out best cb by a mile but he needs to be dropped... of course we have no other cbs so that can't happen.

This is the most frustrating season in a long time. I'm actually dejected about a meaningless match.

And the fans that left are just being completely misled. Its actually madness. Protest if you want but abandoning the team hurts them not the owners.

• Advertisement

Sunderland are obscenely terrible.

A good attack puts you 3-0 up at half time against this kind of muck and stops the question even being asked of our defence.

Even if your keeper is a blind baby goat and can't even do the basics it won't matter.

You need the capacity to do that.

You don't build belief and confidence by magic. You need to be able to relax sometimes.

We never can when we can't build an unassailable lead and our keeper throws one in every other week.

Sunderland are obscenely terrible.

A good attack puts you 3-0 up at half time against this kind of muck and stops the question even being asked of our defence.

Even if your keeper is a blind baby goat and can't even do the basics it won't matter.

You need the capacity to do that.

You don't build belief and confidence by magic. You need to be able to relax sometimes.

We never can when we can't build an unassailable lead and our keeper throws one in every other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Supporting Liverpool has been pretty joyless. Very little to inspire from this collective of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well that walkout went well.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Roll on summer, sweet FCUKING jesus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

There has never been a worse Liverpool side fact
    Every player and manager included need to take a long hard look at themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bunch of ****ing turkey's the lot of them,utterly hopeless,sakho is like a newborn giraffe,and mignolet dives like a ****ing hippo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I bet that dressing room is silent too now. We used to have leaders all over the pitch, now we have not a single one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I know we need to score goals but Christ almighty Sign a keeper!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Did'nt see the game, how did we play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have to question Klopps judgement if he thinks mignolet is good enough.

That walkout didn't help the team a bit, Sunderland perked up as soon as it happened. Cruising until then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Should be the same again next year, and hopefully we won't be ****e then.

We're already qualified for the EL aren't we?

We haven't qualified for anything unless you mean this season's last 32.

Not one leader in the pitch today when we gave up the first soft goal. Lets sit back and give a team hope that have been hopeless all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Should be a tribunal set up to find out how we gave Mignolet a new contract. Criminal.

Sakho was rubbish for Defoe's goal as well. Hasn't recovered his form at all. Needs taken out of the side for a bit.

You cannot say that a large amount of fans getting out of their seats and walking out wouldn't have affected our already mentally week team.

I'm all for protesting against the price of seats but I think that this type of walk out is the wrong type of protest and only damages the moral of the team rather than effecting the higher ups of the club

I think we've found our new fan splitting argument

We haven't qualified for anything unless you mean this season's last 32.

Not one leader in the pitch today when we gave up the first soft goal. Lets sit back and give a team hope that have been hopeless all game.

Don't we get it by default because City can't get the place from the League Cup?

You cannot say that a large amount of fans getting out of their seats and walking out wouldn't have affected our already mentally week team.

I'm all for protesting against the price of seats but I think that this type of walk out is the wrong type of protest and only damages the moral of the team rather than affecting the higher ups of the club

I think we've found our new fan splitting argument

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Has Mignolet got some hold over the club? Absolute useless cnut. How they can give him a new contract baffles me. He is the weakest link out of an already porous defence, which no one at the club seems to find a problem as they're doing nothing to address it. Massive clear-out in the summer - I hope.

rob316 wrote: »
    I have to question Klopps judgement if he thinks mignolet is good enough.

That walkout didn't help the team a bit, Sunderland perked up as soon as it happened. Cruising until then

The walkout had zero effect on the result, we fell apart once our keeper made a howler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Klopp backing of mignolet will eventually lead to his downfall
    Not good enough simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Club's a joke from top to bottom. Fans leaving did nothing to the team, theyre just shìt.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Only one reason we didn't win that game and that's the keeper. They had two shots on target and scored two. The free kick he let in was pathetic.

The walkout will be used as an excuse but it's all down to that fraud in goals.

• Advertisement

Don't we get it by default because City can't get the place from the League Cup?

No you have to win it, otherwise it goes to the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

To top it all off,Everton are now ahead of us, btw where was klopp today?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That's never been the case for the league cup, only the FA Cup, and even that is gone as of last season.

shamrock55 wrote: »

Appendix. Will miss the midweek game as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm completely with the people that walked out. Fans are getting ripped off at every turn...costs a fortune to go to the game...tat in the club shop is obscenely priced...new kit every year...its bull****. Where do you draw the line? Champions league prices for mid table rubbish. Fair play to them.

shamrock55 wrote: »

Being manager of LFC has broken him

Being manager of LFC has broken him

And his appendix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Joke of a result. They are possibly the worst team I've seen this season. Complete dirt. 80 percent possession. Unforgivable to draw that.

Then we have Kolo and sahko. Sahko should be shot for that goal. He messed up the other night too allowing the ball to bounce for the second goal. I was a fan of his before he got injured but he's been really poor since returning.

Mig will get slaughtered and rightly so. New contract worries me if we really think this guy is our #1 for the future.

Incredible to realise how we just drew that game.

Mignolet is taking the piss. If the club want someone who will let in soft goals every second game I'll do it for a quarter of his wage.

• Advertisement

Migs should be dropped he's cost us so many points this season

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement