Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That had nothing to do with the management team. That's just the players being spineless.

Mig gives us the jitters with some customary shíte, then we just buckle.

I'm past angry now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Of the last 19 shots on target Mignolet has faced. He's conceded 12 goals.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool prices this season.

Category A games: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Man City, Man United, Tottenham Hotspur

2602__6426__cat_a_prices_-_picture_table.png

Category B Games: Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Newcastle, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom, West Ham

0182__4475__cat_b_prices_-_picture_table.png

Category C Games: AFC Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford

8590__1534__cat_c_prices_-_picture_table.png

5255__4022__stadium_plan_-_picture.jpg

2016/17 Ticket prices.

Not many Cat C games as can be shown from above, 3/19, so almost irrelevant. The below doesn't include hospitality prices as you can see from below.

6904__0444__match_day_prices_990px.jpg

6133__3635__2016-17_new_tier_stadium_map_ver_2-01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I can't say I understand where all the anger is coming from.

This is hardly a surprise, is it?
    And it's not really some sort of gradual decline either.

We know what the problems with the squad are (either end of the pitch).
    We know that the management knows what the problems in the squad are (ok.. the 5yr contract is puzzling, but he also brought Ward back, so hopefully they're trying to figure something out).

We are where we are and it won't be fixed until there's a chance to do so.

If we were playing like this with everyone available, I'd be deeply concerned.
    If Sturridge actually comes back and we're still apalling, then panic should start to set in.
    If we fail to sign not just 2 attackers, but two very good ones, I'll be advocating a full scale invasion of the city of Liverpool.

But before that happens, and when we've had the same problems, pretty much since the get go, I don't understand why this feels like a fresh wound to people.

Failures in the league should be like water off a duck's back at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We're just going to have to endure watching this crap until the summer it seems. Coutinho and Origi coming back may help the attack, maybe we'll even get a few minutes from Sturridge, our defense isn't going to improve though. Big changes are needed in the summer, whether that's personnel or tactics, something needs to be done. We've been one of the worst defensive teams for around five years now.

Until then maybe we could show even the smallest amount of backbone and win a trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Never mind buying attackers,we need defenders and a keeper first, if we could only buy 4 world class players in the summer for me it would be 2 cb's, a lb and a keeper

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Never mind buying attackers,we need defenders and a keeper first, if we could only buy 4 world class players in the summer for me it would be 2 cb's, a lb and a keeper

If you expect us to buy ANY world class players this summer you are sadly mistaken, although I'm never sure how world class can be categorised. I'd put them as players who could get into pretty much any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Even if we had a reliable keeper and a reliable striker and most of the injured players available I think it would solve a lot of problems fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Just ****ing awful.

Literally awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Just ****ing awful.

Literally awful.

• Advertisement

• SlickRic wrote: »
    That had nothing to do with the management team. That's just the players being spineless.

I'm past angry now.

In all fairness, giving mignolet a new contract was a poor decision from the management team. He's been piss poor for you for years

We don't need to spend big, look at Leicester sure. Set up a team that makes sense, players that will benefit from those around them. Play to a system.

I'll never understand why we bought both Firmino and Benteke, they're two players who were never going to suit eachother's style, they were never going to work in the same team.

We don't need to spend big, look at Leicester sure. Set up a team that makes sense, players that will benefit from those around them. Play to a system.

I'll never understand why we bought both Firmino and Benteke, they're two players who were never going to suit eachother's style, they were never going to work in the same team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

SlickRic wrote: »

I'm past angry now.

Management entrusted Mignolet with a 5 year deal that's hardly inspiring confidence in the future

The Spine of the team need some ripping out and rebuilding.

The sight of Jordan Henderson labouring in midfield whilst supposedly being our long term hope in midfield is extremely depressing. The lad is a glorified water carrier

Why management persevere in playing Can, Milner, Henderson and Lucas/Allen in the same midfield is baffling. Lallana is powder puff and shouldn't ever be relied on as an attacking threat.

Time for our owners now to front up, dip into their own pockets (rather than their usual tactic of selling our highest valued player in order to buy 5-6 more) and buy some quality. Don't insult these genuine quality players with derisory offers of pittance wages, pay them what they will get to real top clubs and f*cking walk the walk. Afraid to pay top,wages yet will pay Sturridge and Milner 150k per week.

Liverpool fc and Ian Ayre like to talk like we are a football superpower but it's all bluff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

too many clowns in that team... no pace or guile..

LOLana poor.. moreno poor. Sahko poor.... Hendo poor... Ibe brain dead.

They cant even pass the ball to each other properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

too many clowns in that team... no pace or guile..

LOLana poor.. moreno poor. Sahko poor.... Hendo poor... Ibe brain dead.

They cant even pass the ball to each other properly

Carra was there and left after 77 minutes as well apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's disturbing reading this thread of late but especially so today. I can't imagine why anyone could object to today's demonstration. The counter argument seems to be that they shouldn't be demonstrating because it's only the cost of the most expensive tickets being raised? I've also read a few state that it won't affect them as much because lots of people have to travel to watch the match, stay in hotels etc.
    For real? Football is a ridiculously expensive sport to watch. It's predominantly the locals who buy the season tickets. The cost of a season ticket next season for the main stand ranges from £1,029 to £919. That you need your loyal local supporter is unquestionable and that they're being priced out of it at a time when what's on offer on the pitch is, frankly, embarrassing is ill-judged by the club at best.
    To cap it all off, apparently the departing fans were to blame - claimed by several - for throwing away a two goal lead. Jesus wept. We threw away a two goal lead because we have a goalkeeper who's barely good enough for the Belgian league and because Sakho has been generally inept since his return from his last injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Sunderland were dead and buried, they had given up until Mig has his usual ****up and then from no where they had something to play for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LFC Stats ‏@LFCData

Of the last 19 shots on target that Mignolet has faced in PL, he's conceded 12 goals. 63% of shots on target = goal

Mignolet is a fucking disgrace of a keeper.

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ these double posts are bloody annoying.

mosstin wrote: »
    It's disturbing reading this thread of late but especially so today. I can't imagine why anyone could object to today's demonstration. The counter argument seems to be that they shouldn't be demonstrating because it's only the cost of the most expensive tickets being raised? I've also read a few state that it won't affect them as much because lots of people have to travel to watch the match, stay in hotels etc.
    For real? Football is a ridiculously expensive sport to watch. It's predominantly the locals who buy the season tickets. The cost of a season ticket next season for the main stand ranges from £1,029 to £919. That you need your loyal local supporter is unquestionable and that they're being priced out of it at a time when what's on offer on the pitch is, frankly, embarrassing is ill-judged by the club at best.
    To cap it all off, apparently the departing fans were to blame - claimed by several - for throwing away a two goal lead. Jesus wept. We threw away a two goal lead because we have a goalkeeper who's barely good enough for the Belgian league and because Sakho has been generally inept since his return from his last injury.

Well said.

Jesus Christ these double posts are bloody annoying.

Well delete one of them then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lets all unite in our hatred of Mignolet... well hate is a strong term but he fills me with Anger that is usually only reserved for when playing mobas with idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well someone needs a good kicking! :pac:

He is at the club three and a half years, he cost 8 million most of his fee has already been written down through the books - SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think it's just quick-replies that create double posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

price690 wrote: »
    Management entrusted Mignolet with a 5 year deal that's hardly inspiring confidence in the future

The Spine of the team need some ripping out and rebuilding.

The sight of Jordan Henderson labouring in midfield whilst supposedly being our long term hope in midfield is extremely depressing. The lad is a glorified water carrier

Why management persevere in playing Can, Milner, Henderson and Lucas/Allen in the same midfield is baffling. Lallana is powder puff and shouldn't ever be relied on as an attacking threat.

Time for our owners now to front up, dip into their own pockets (rather than their usual tactic of selling our highest valued player in order to buy 5-6 more) and buy some quality. Don't insult these genuine quality players with derisory offers of pittance wages, pay them what they will get to real top clubs and f*cking walk the walk. Afraid to pay top,wages yet will pay Sturridge and Milner 150k per week.

Liverpool fc and Ian Ayre like to talk like we are a football superpower but it's all bluff.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the only positive from today is firmino who looks a quality player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

That team won't finish in the top half. They're dreadful. Gone backwards since Rodgers left if anything.

• Advertisement

Liverpool have conceded 10 goals in the last 15 mins of games this season. Joint highest in the league. The walk out had nothing to do with it...we're just shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

While my opinions of the ticket protest may differ to many here, I'm fully united with ye all in getting rid of Mignolet out of this club ASAP.

How did he go from being the best keeper in the league to the worst in just one year?

martyos121 wrote: »
    While my opinions of the ticket protest may differ to many here, I'm fully united with ye all in getting rid of Mignolet out of this club ASAP.

How did he go from being the best keeper in the league to the worst in just one year?

When was he the best keeper in the league? I must have missed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Feel sorry for Firmino playing with such poor players. The second reminded me of Suarez, tireless chasing down a defender to win the ball and teeing up a tap in for someone when most would take a wild shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lets hope some Chinese club comes in with some stupid offers for some of our players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/696025384274501632

SoS folks. From ticket prices to yanks out in no time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Gbear wrote: »
    I think it's just quick-replies that create double posts.

Type slower so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

mosstin wrote: »

Local fans would gladly throw us "Wools" or out of towners under the bus and see us fleeced in terms of tiered tickets prices in order to subsidise cheaper tickets for themselves.

The same fans would no doubt bemoan our lack of competitiveness in the transfer market. Liverpool fans always get prickly when the significance of support is brought into question. Simple economics suggest the club has enough of a fan base to fill the stadium a couple of times over, its the times we live in.

The fact old trafford or Stamford bridge has been packed to the rafters and having a graveyard atmosphere whilst still having a succession of league titles under their belt shows that quality on the pitch is what matters most.

With that proviso, the powers that be better act like a big club and start buying proper quality players and not scrimping on transfer feels/wages, if indeed they wish to charge the fans/consumers for top end product they think is worthy of €77.

When was he the best keeper in the league? I must have missed that.

When he was saving all the shots that were fired straight at him last season. According to that other crowd in red, that makes you the best keeper in the league.

https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/696025384274501632

SoS folks. From ticket prices to yanks out in no time

Will people finally realise how idiotic this protest is now then? Any fan that wants FSG gone is plain and simply, a monumental idiot. There might be a slight divide in opinions of the reasoning behind the protest, but this clip is beyond disgraceful IMO. Our club might not exist as Liverpool FC today had FSG not stepped in to save it. We were on the brink of administration and they turned the club right around in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

SoS are cretins who think they are the club.

• Advertisement

Will people finally realise how idiotic this protest is now then? Any fan that wants FSG gone is plain and simply, a monumental idiot. There might be a slight divide in opinions of the reasoning behind the protest, but this clip is beyond disgraceful IMO. Our club might not exist as Liverpool FC today had FSG not stepped in to save it. We were on the brink of administration and they turned the club right around in no time.

There were hardly thousands singing in that clip, were there now? I don't agree with saying they should 'get out of our club' as we would not be sold to anyone better, but that is not to say that their ticketing policy is all wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Local fans would gladly throw us "Wools" or out of towners under the bus and see us fleeced in terms of tiered tickets prices in order to subsidise cheaper tickets for themselves.

The same fans would no doubt bemoan our lack of competitiveness in the transfer market. Liverpool fans always get prickly when the significance of support is brought into question. Simple economics suggest the club has enough of a fan base to fill the stadium a couple of times over, its the times we live in.

The fact old trafford or Stamford bridge has been packed to the rafters and having a graveyard atmosphere whilst still having a succession of league titles under their belt shows that quality on the pitch is what matters most.

With that proviso, the powers that be better act like a big club and start buying proper quality players and not scrimping on transfer feels/wages, if indeed they wish to charge the fans/consumers for top end product they think is worthy of €77.

The top price in old trafford is 53 quid though and they have been winning leagues for the last 20 years.

Also, in order to buy tickets at all, you have to pay around £30 to be eligible to buy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I must agree with this as I was charged £250 by a local fan for use of his season ticket for the Real Madrid game at Anfield last season. He only needs to do that 4 times a season and he is watching Liverpool for free. So my heart bleeds. Local fans have it pretty good when it comes to watching games if you ask me, only problem is they have to live in Liverpool!! :P

If me not getting a ticket meant a local supporter getting a ticket, even a cheaper one, I cannot see any problem with that. I think what I consider LFC and lots of others consider LFC are two completely different things.
    There are so many things - not least tradition - being trodden on in the rush to be successful in the PL era. What I find hard to believe is that posters on a forum like this sound more like Ian Ayre and his anodyne corporate horse**** than they do actual supporters of the club.

When he was saving all the shots that were fired straight at him last season. According to that other crowd in red, that makes you the best keeper in the league.

Right now with Mignolet I would happily settle for him just saving shots fired straight at him, you know, if it meant he would save shots fired straight at him!

And it's £77 which is a neat €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

While I don't think FSG are the white knights others might think they are, they certainly aren't the worst so singing "get out of our club" is a bit myopic.

Regarding the game, it was the dog****e I expected it to be. There are about 8 players on that team that should not be starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/696021782155948032
    Jurgen Klopp has undergone surgery. The operation to remove his appendix is said to have been a success.

Finally, we've achieved some success this season!!! :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement