Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

For what it's worth the tea lady has been blabbing
    Spion Klopp ‏@Jay_78_ · 41 mins41 minutes ago
    Heard at the game today that #LFC & Klopp will push hard for Granit Xhaka this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Whatever about wanting him gone, there's no excuse for abusing Mignolet.

He's not trying to fail.

That kind of childish bull**** pisses me off to no end.
    Fair enough if they're a lazy **** or they're disrespecting the club or whatever, but not being good enough isn't a crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's not trying to fail.

Fair enough if they're a lazy **** or they're disrespecting the club or whatever, but not being good enough isn't a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

dfx- wrote: »

Not content with the division between club and fans, that sort of attitude creates a split between fans with one calling themselves the greater good and the other ignorant.

There is already a split between the fans - those who left on 77mins and those who were happy to stay till the end and then have the audacity to boo when the full-time whistle went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

vi_BMc_N2.jpg

What a wall
    Embarrassing .

by the looks of a few of them in the wall, they were afraid of the ball actually hitting them which is the purpose of a wall..

Did you see Leicester vs Us and Vs City? Yer man Huth must blocked about 4 full force shots with his stomach/chest... that is what you want....

I cant believe Lol an a just stood and watched that tame shot go past him in the wall...

They are a bunch of pússies

SlickRic wrote: »
    Football is so fúcking simple really.

Liverpool 13/14 and Leicester 15/16. In many ways, they're remarkably similar.

Pace and power up front, and relentless work rate. If you have that, you'll trouble most.

What we've done, is pack ourselves full of skilful, but tippy-tappy, flimsy players who've little pace, power or killer instinct.

1000000 % agree with this...It really is that simple.. You need to have pace in a team to have a chance... The wrong players were bought and more heads should have rolled for it..

We are very slow at pinging the ball around...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

NukaCola wrote: »
    I dont dislike Mignolet because he is limited, I dislike him because he makes lazy mistakes. Yesterday the team done really well to break down a defensive Sunderland team. He didn't have a lot to do, but when it came to it he couldn't organise his wall and couldn't get his angles right and switched off completely. Players busting a gut pressing and trying to make things happen and Mignolet just got lazy. This happens a lot and its scary how much we get away with it at times.

A competent keeper, not spectacular or amazing, but a keeper who does the simple things well will be a huge improvement on him. Whether he isn't mentally strong enough or lacks ability/confidence he is without question worse now than he was when he joined and while we can get away with players outfield putting in sub par performances our GK cannot behave the same way.

I am sick of the sight of him bluffing his way through games, an absolute liability at this moment in every area of his game.

Mig was a decent keeper before he arrived and he remains an OK keeper, he's made some really top saves recently and that shouldn't be forgotten - BUT - it is as simple as the nose on your face that when a keeper loses confidence, has a blip and drops in standards in a season they usually either show their mental strength by coming back stronger and then kick on - or they fall apart. Take Joe Hart when dropped by Pellegrini - he was left out of the side for Willy Cabalero - who is a woeful backup especially considering City's money. He was dropped for 4-5 games then came roaring back. Look at him now, despite guys like Butland and Forster chomping at the bit he is still their #1. Make no mistake about it, had he come back and still made the same mistakes he'd be long gone.

When BR dropped Mig for Bogdan and he then came back into the side he was a far better keeper for a few games. But now, you can almost sense that he's a broken man. Its pretty sad to see. We are supposed to be fans and in fairness although i cursed him to the high heavens yesterday i still feel for him.

Klopp should have made his search for a keeper #2 priority (Behind striker issues) as soon as he realised what he was dealing with. He could take him out of the limelight and give the young keepers a chance - save him from the constant embarrassment. He seems stubborn on this one though.

Liverpool U21 14 : 00 Manchester City

Should be a good game to watch, is it on LFC TV?

Liverpool U21 14 : 00 Manchester City

Should be a good game to watch, is it on LFC TV?

LFC team:-

Bogdan; Alexander-Arnold, Cleary, Maguire, Hart; Virtue, O'Hanlon; Lennon, Kent, Wilson; Sinclair

Subs: Firth, Brewitt, Trickett-Smith, Phillips, M. Gomes

its at Anfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gbear wrote: »

He's not trying to fail.

Football turns us all into children at times, and a lot of stuff gets said in the heat of the moment......if I was at the game i wouldn't boo him or shout abuse at him but I'm sure we've all said or thought a few things about him that wasn't the most mature when he does something completely stupid.

The thing with him is he should be better than he is, i cant understand how he could just completely switch off at key moments in the game. I have no faith in him whatsoever and to see him get rewarded with a 5 year contract really disappoints me. He is performing far below what he's capable of IMO, which could be down to a lot of things but he needs to sort himself out. Some people will obviously get annoyed and vent at this which isn't a crime either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mig was a decent keeper before he arrived and he remains an OK keeper, he's made some really top saves recently and that shouldn't be forgotten - BUT - it is as simple as the nose on your face that when a keeper loses confidence, has a blip and drops in standards in a season they usually either show their mental strength by coming back stronger and then kick on - or they fall apart. Take Joe Hart when dropped by Pellegrini - he was left out of the side for Willy Cabalero - who is a woeful backup especially considering City's money. He was dropped for 4-5 games then came roaring back. Look at him now, despite guys like Butland and Forster chomping at the bit he is still their #1. Make no mistake about it, had he come back and still made the same mistakes he'd be long gone.

When BR dropped Mig for Bogdan and he then came back into the side he was a far better keeper for a few games. But now, you can almost sense that he's a broken man. Its pretty sad to see. We are supposed to be fans and in fairness although i cursed him to the high heavens yesterday i still feel for him.

Klopp should have made his search for a keeper #2 priority (Behind striker issues) as soon as he realised what he was dealing with. He could take him out of the limelight and give the young keepers a chance - save him from the constant embarrassment. He seems stubborn on this one though.

Has he made some great saves recently? 1 or 2 in the last 10 or so games maybe? But yea, i agree with most of this......i suppose it is important to also point out that he's had zero competition since he came into the club and I think that has really taken an edge off his development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I read somewhere that out of 19 shots on target Mignolet has let in 12.

That's absolutely abysmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

John W. Henry in 2012: “Can Liverpool as a community afford Chelsea or Arsenal prices? No.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02/john-w-henry-in-2012-can-liverpool-as-a-community-afford-chelsea-or-arsenal-prices-no/

John W Henry is a spoofer. Watch as FSG hike up ticket prices and still be skinflints in the transfer market by signing mid table players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Vicxas wrote: »

And cost the team 15 points

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Vicxas wrote: »

I already mentioned this to someone else but I hate that stat. We all know Mignolet is doing badly, we don't need a sensationalist stat to tell us that.

-The stat tells us nothing about the shots on goal. Should he have saved some of those 12. Absolutely. Should he have saved all twelve, no chance.

-Why limit it to 19 shots on target?

I know we're all in great Mignolet bashing mood but that stat really bothers me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

tok9 wrote: »
    I already mentioned this to someone else but I hate that stat. We all know Mignolet is doing badly, we don't need a sensationalist stat to tell us that.

-The stat tells us nothing about the shots on goal. Should he have saved some of those 12. Absolutely. Should he have saved all twelve, no chance.

-Why limit it to 19 shots on target?

I know we're all in great Mignolet bashing mood but that stat really bothers me.

See, I don't get this. No-one's Mignolet bashing per se, just highlighting the obvious and alarming truth that our keeper is not up to the job. There's, unfortunately, ample evidence of this fact from the past 2-3 seasons. It's hard to highlight one positive about the guy in the past while.
    It's what happens when your shot stopper stops stopping shots. (Try saying that with a hangover)

Dub13 wrote: »
    The worst kind are the people who don't go the games giving out online telling us that we should just shut up and pay.

To be honest, in my opinion i'd rather 70-75% of tickets to go to local supporters at a fair price and the rest to out of towners for an extra £10-£30

I'd love to go to games and i'd try and go to as many as I could. But unfortunately, it's very difficult to get hands on a ticket.

I was very fortunate a few times to go on Irish Kop trips where tickets were provided and that was great. Other times I got tickets for double the price from local supporters.

Maybe local Liverpool fans would prefer that there were no 'wools' coming over to take their seats and tickets and contribute to the local economy. That's fair enough, Liverpool would no longer be a big club anymore.

Would it make the atmosphere better? I dont know, I'd have to ask the two Scousers a couple of rows in front of me who were telling another supporter to stop singing and clapping and then they walked out around 15 mins to go.
    I was a bit taken a back and questioning whether us out of towners were actually part of the Liverpool football family. A club that I have supported financially in many ways from I was 8 years of age.

The fact of the matter is that Liverpool FC is no longer a parochial football club. It relies on other sources of income from all around the world, sponsorship, TV deals, merchandise and subscription to their website and TV channel.

In the future, with the pull and attraction of living in London and the rise of Spurs and West Ham, Liverpool are going to have to pay a little over the odds to get the best players in. More money will need to come in from somewhere. Maybe it needs to be done a fairer way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I really think Klopp is giving mig a chance to regain his confidence back, ide say that's what the 5 year contract was about.

I think he will be given to the summer and if there is no real improvement then he will be replaced. If he is not then I will be seriously worried about Klopps judgement.

mada999 wrote: »
    To be honest, in my opinion i'd rather 70-75% of tickets to go to local supporters at a fair price and the rest to out of towners for an extra £10-£30

I'd love to go to games and i'd try and go to as many as I could. But unfortunately, it's very difficult to get hands on a ticket.

I was very fortunate a few times to go on Irish Kop trips where tickets were provided and that was great. Other times I got tickets for double the price from local supporters.

Maybe local Liverpool fans would prefer that there were no 'wools' coming over to take their seats and tickets and contribute to the local economy. That's fair enough, Liverpool would no longer be a big club anymore.

Would it make the atmosphere better? I dont know, I'd have to ask the two Scousers a couple of rows in front of me who were telling another supporter to stop singing and clapping and then they walked out around 15 mins to go.
    I was a bit taken a back and questioning whether us out of towners were actually part of the Liverpool football family. A club that I have supported financially in many ways from I was 8 years of age.

The fact of the matter is that Liverpool FC is no longer a parochial football club. It relies on other sources of income from all around the world, sponsorship, TV deals, merchandise and subscription to their website and TV channel.

In the future, with the pull and attraction of living in London and the rise of Spurs and West Ham, Liverpool are going to have to pay a little over the odds to get the best players in. More money will need to come in from somewhere. Maybe it needs to be done a fairer way.

It already is. The PL bubble will soon bust - that is inevitable. The club's name itself is worth millions.
    It'd help too if we were better at recruiting. People say to forget about Lallana's price tag etc but when you look at, say, Mahrez who cost £400,000 or Leicester's squad overall, it's hard to forget the cost of players who just aren't putting it in, not least a £32 million striker who doesn't seem arsed more than half the time.
    It's the laziness of this approach, of once again asking the fans to put their hands in their pockets to fund an already well funded club that gets me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't think the 12/19 stat is too sensationalist. It's the reality of the situation with him.

Leaving aside any personal feelings he should be moved on, he has completely lost his confidence and it's gone to a point where he is unlikely to get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I would be surprised if Mignolet was still a Liverpool player come the start of next season. The guy has had 3 years, so it's not like we haven't been patient with him, or given him a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

mig_3569231b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

ricero wrote: »
    John W. Henry in 2012: “Can Liverpool as a community afford Chelsea or Arsenal prices? No.”

But Scandinavia and Ireland can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mosstin wrote: »
    It already is. The PL bubble will soon bust - that is inevitable. The club's name itself is worth millions.
    It'd help too if we were better at recruiting. People say to forget about Lallana's price tag etc but when you look at, say, Mahrez who cost £400,000 or Leicester's squad overall, it's hard to forget the cost of players who just aren't putting it in, not least a £32 million striker who doesn't seem arsed more than half the time.
    It's the laziness of this approach, of once again asking the fans to put their hands in their pockets to fund an already well funded club that gets me.

How many £400,000 players can we fill the team with to see if they are the next Mahrez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

The Mignolet 5 year contract is just the club protecting assets. As Klopp said “I always say with players that I don’t sign contracts but it’s a contract for one year – a very good season the player can leave, a very bad one and the club will let the player leave."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ush wrote: »
    But Scandinavia and Ireland can.

But that doesn't make it right. West Ham could have raised their prices for next year and easily filled the stadium but they decided not to because all it would mean is an extra 5 million and decided not to upset their fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

mosstin wrote: »

Klopp is a master at identifying cheap players who become world class - his Dortmund team in particular. He may have already got one of these players in Grujic, lets wait and see.

How many £400,000 players can we fill the team with to see if they are the next Mahrez?

You've missed my point. We've bought expensively and cheaply over the years and have the squad we've ended up with. We are where we are because we've recruited appallingly. Leicester have shown the benefits of good scouting and smart signings. We do neither.

Bit disturbed to see how the protest is like a civil war among fans, turning brother against brother.

I understand the grievance and agree with it to an extent but i think some cold rationality is also needed in the face of OTT sensationalism and passion rised by SOS.

Seems to me the owners are keeping tickets cheaper for locals? The expensive tickets are likely those which will be bought by out of towners etc. and there doesnt appear to be a rake of them. Looking at the pricing scheme posted a few pages back, most ofnit really does not seem unreasonable though I agree cheaper tickets and structure ala the Bundesliga is probably the model to follow.

To see fans trying to turn other fans against FSG seems incredible to me when they have been a godsend when you consider where the club was under Hicks and Gillet. They stabilised the club, invested a reasonable amount of money and have redeveloped the stadium over the worrisome alternative of building Stanley Park, and really losing the spiritual home of LFC. They brought in an exciting young manager in Rodgers who had great ideas for us and great respect for the club and almost won us the league. They have now brought in Klopp who was at the time in the top 3 hottest managers in world football.

I imagine that some of the prices were risen to be able to cover the expansion while retaining competitiveness in the transfer market. No one can say they have not put money into the club. Its just a shame that we ****ed 32M towards a player like Benteke who was never going to work.

Finally, its kind of upsetting to see a 'rebellion' of sorts as it will only affect the team in the long run. Klopp was trying to get the fans going again by clapping the fans after matches etc. but things have now gone very far backwards in terms of what this event will have done for match day atmosphere. Some will say this is due to prices but I dont buy that - its probably due to results - but these events dont help when they create a 'honest fan' VS 'greedy club' paradigm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Klopp is a master at identifying cheap players who become world class - his Dortmund team in particular. He may have already got one of these players in Grujic, lets wait and see.

Michael Zorc played the biggest part in that. Klopp simply signed off on the players he chose based on his own opinion of them, so while he was partly responsible for a lot of those great signings, Zorc did the groundwork to identify them in the first place.

The difference a good DOF makes is incredible, just look at Dortmund and Sevilla, they have two of the very best and consistently win trophies. If we could scrap the committee and coax Michael Zorc over to Liverpool, there'd more than likely be a league title in the years to follow. That's how highly I rate him in the transfer market.

• Advertisement

Bit disturbed to see how the protest is like a civil war among fans, turning brother against brother.

I understand the grievance and agree with it to an extent but i think some cold rationality is also needed in the face of OTT sensationalism and passion rised by SOS.

Seems to me the owners are keeping tickets cheaper for locals? The expensive tickets are likely those which will be bought by out of towners etc. and there doesnt appear to be a rake of them. Looking at the pricing scheme posted a few pages back, most ofnit really does not seem unreasonable though I agree cheaper tickets and structure ala the Bundesliga is probably the model to follow.

To see fans trying to turn other fans against FSG seems incredible to me when they have been a godsend when you consider where the club was under Hicks and Gillet. They stabilised the club, invested a reasonable amount of money and have redeveloped the stadium over the worrisome alternative of building Stanley Park, and really losing the spiritual home of LFC. They brought in an exciting young manager in Rodgers who had great ideas for us and great respect for the club and almost won us the league. They have now brought in Klopp who was at the time in the top 3 hottest managers in world football.

I imagine that some of the prices were risen to be able to cover the expansion while retaining competitiveness in the transfer market. No one can say they have not put money into the club. Its just a shame that we ****ed 32M towards a player like Benteke who was never going to work.

Finally, its kind of upsetting to see a 'rebellion' of sorts as it will only affect the team in the long run. Klopp was trying to get the fans going again by clapping the fans after matches etc. but things have now gone very far backwards in terms of what this event will have done for match day atmosphere. Some will say this is due to prices but I dont buy that - its probably due to results - but these events dont help when they create a 'honest fan' VS 'greedy club' paradigm.

So you are saying its ok for them to charge me 75 quid for a ticket. There is a whole stand full of 70 pound tickets. The opposite stand will all be 64 to 67 pound tickets. Top price now is 59 pound.

niallo27 wrote: »
    So you are saying its ok for them to charge me 75 quid for a ticket. There is a whole stand full of 70 pound tickets. The opposite stand will all be 64 to 67 pound tickets. Top price now is 59 pound.

No, that is not what I am saying, I am mostly on the fence and trying to be a realist.

Also, those prices quoted will be for the biggest games where demand is huge: against City, Chelsea, Man U etc.

No, that is not what I am saying, I am mostly on the fence and trying to be a realist.

Also, those prices quoted will be for the biggest games where demand is huge: against City, Chelsea, Man U etc.

The Cat B games are all in the 60s or high 50s as well though.

The Cat B games are all in the 60s or high 50s as well though.

Looks like its the main stand which is the dearest, that which is being redeveloped. The other three sections are competitive.

Might be wrong but I dont think they went OTT with corporate boxes or the like?

Apparently the most expensive ticket at Arsenal is £97 and their most expensive season ticket is over £2000. Im not saying this to justify the Liverpool prices but for perspective.

Looks like its the main stand which is the dearest, that which is being redeveloped. The other three sections are competitive.

Might be wrong but I dont think they went OTT with corporate boxes or the like?

Apparently the most expensive ticket at Arsenal is £97 and their most expensive season ticket is over £2000. Im not saying this to justify the Liverpool prices but for perspective.

The Centenary stand is also in the 60s which is up 10 to 15 quid. Why not compare it to united whose top price is 53 and they managed to redevelop.

The Centenary stand is also in the 60s which is up 10 to 15 quid. Why not compare it to united whose top price is 53 and they managed to redevelop.

Valid point and really ticket prices should not be more expensive than 53 but they mave have been doing better financially with the success they were enjoying?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

An increase of 81% on a ticket in the lower Annie road in just 16 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Out of interest sake, whats that compared to other clubs in the top 6 of the premier league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

For the 3 tickets i have this season, next season same 3 tickets cost me £9 more over all

Ticket going from £52 to £55

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Out of interest sake, whats that compared to other clubs in the top 6 of the premier league?

They all seem to be going up, they are old numbers from 2 seasons ago but gives you an idea how much they have gone up.
    In the 1989-90 season, for example, there were thousands of tickets in Old Trafford’s standing accommodation where fans could watch Manchester United against top opposition for £3.50. Adjusted for retail-price inflation in the 24 years since, that ticket would now cost £6.94, just under a 100% increase. United’s lowest-priced ticket for this season, of which there are very many fewer than in the days of standing, will be £31.
    At Liverpool, where prices have been increased significantly since the 2010 takeover of the then financially-troubled club by John Henry’s Boston-based Fenway Sports Group, the 1989-90 cheapest ticket price, accommodating thousands of fans on the Kop, was £4. This season, Liverpool’s cheapest matchday ticket will be £46, an increase of 1,150%.

And remember, Thanks to this new broadcasting deal, clubs will receive around £40 more per seat, per match at every single game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I know it's the London factor but Arsenal average ticket prices up 117.6% since 2000.
    From £21 to £45.69

zxIC47s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Find a ground in any of the top leagues in Europe, even right down to Netherlands, or ****, just any entertainment event in Europe at all, that doesn't have a similar increase.

16 years ago is a ridiculously long time for you to be putting the word "just" in front of it. Our entire economy has changed two or three times in that time period.

It is hard to justify price hikes given the TV money but there are two major factors which stop me from flipping out.

1. The hikes offset the redevelopment.
    2. There will be reinvestment in the playing squad.

I'm also not sure that the protest was done in the right manner and lead by the right elements.

I think the disputes RE: flag flying etc (which was a bit small minded by management) did a lot to aggrieve the fan groups and set a bad foundation for relationships between them and the club hierarchy.

It is hard to justify price hikes given the TV money but there are two major factors which stop me from flipping out.

1. The hikes offset the redevelopment.
    2. There will be reinvestment in the playing squad.

I'm also not sure that the protest was done in the right manner and lead by the right elements.

I think the disputes RE: flag flying etc (which was a bit small minded by management) did a lot to aggrieve the fan groups and set a bad foundation for relationships between them and the club hierarchy.

All for the sake of a few million though. These price increases will have zero affect on transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ticket prices are ahead of inflation because transfer fees from 2016 bear little comparison with fees 25 or even 20 years ago. They are up probably 500% or so.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I know it's the London factor but Arsenal average ticket prices up 117.6% since 2000.
    From £21 to £45.69

zxIC47s.jpg

sure 'London factor' doesnt matter if it's a percentage increase. 'London factor' applies to previous and current price.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    Find a ground in any of the top leagues in Europe, even right down to Netherlands, or ****, just any entertainment event in Europe at all, that doesn't have a similar increase.

16 years ago is a ridiculously long time for you to be putting the word "just" in front of it. Our entire economy has changed two or three times in that time period.

Without doing any research into it, Bundesliga prices are far, far cheaper than in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

The club f*cked up with this price increase, if they had spent big in the transfer window to solve some of the huge deficiencies in the squad I really don't think the price increase would have led to a walk-out. Every fan can see the lack of star players in this squad and the poor quality of football week in, week out, yet to put up the price of even one type of ticket is going to infuriate fans, already unhappy at the price rises over the years. Fans are sick of promises that have been broken over the years, and the great club we all love falling further down the table.

The price increase doesn't affect me one bit, hell if the tickets were free I probably still wouldn't be able to see them play. But I completely understand how frustrating it is to regular match going fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Does anyone know exactly how many seats are being sold for 77 quid

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly how many seats are being sold for 77 quid

Not many, something like 200 in 6 matches, but there are lots of tickets being sold at other prices in the 60's and 70's for plenty of matches.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement