Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

So what's our transfer set up? Is the TC still in place, Is Caulker a TC or Klopp signing, any info on this out there or just speculation?
    If he's good, he'll be a Klopp signing.

If he's bad, he'll be a Rodgers signing:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Would Caulker have been a Klopp signing. Would of thought he's never heard of him before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Don't care about young players. Good players stop being considered 'young' very quickly - i.e. they just start producing and that's that. Stones is a good player, not a young player. Ilori has been looked at by three coaching regimes over the past season and a half that have concluded he isn't good enough. Next. Rack 'em, pack 'em, stack 'em. Get the next young body in as a project in the summer and see if he actually pans out and can do it.

I'm not sure this applies to young centre backs as much as other positions, especially when on loan at struggling PL teams as it is so hard for the manager of that struggling PL team to throw a young centre back into the team, even more difficult if you don't even own said centre back and whatever he learns from the mistakes he WILL make will be to another team's benefit in the future. John Stone's mistakes would alot harder to forgive for everton fans I'm sure if he was on loan from another club with no prospect of a future at everton.

At the risk of reopening the '3 matches in a week' discussion, Liverpool are averaging 2.9 days between games while Arsenal average 4.1 days between games for the months of December and January.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-liverpool-fc-less-rest-10722237

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

At the risk of reopening the '3 matches in a week' discussion, Liverpool are averaging 2.9 days between games while Arsenal average 4.1 days between games for the months of December and January.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-liverpool-fc-less-rest-10722237

League cup and Fa cup replay making the difference then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Shelvey gone to Newcastle. Apparently Liverpool get an extra 3.5M on the sell-on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Klopp did say everyone was going down the wrong path with Pato.

I took that as there is another player/path being looked at.

Tim Vickery has been talking about Pato for weeks on The World Football Phone In. He was basically saying that Corinthians are desperate to get rid of him as he is currently on loan at and scoring goals for one of their biggest rivals, Sao Paula, and that there are two agents basically knocking on doors in England looking for any club to buy him. With our injury crisis it's very easy to create a 'believable' link there to create some buzz about the player. My guess is he ends up at Stoke or somewhere like that. Personally I would love to sign him for ~11mill with wages of ~50k/week, imo would be a much better gamble than Benteke was at 32mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Caulker might prove to be half decent, 3-5 years ago he looked to have a big future,Eng cap and all. its a gamble alright but nothing to lose,PS, WE REALLY NEEDED A CB:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I was seriously pissed off hearing the news we signed Caulker, but that was simply because it meant we were not going to buy a defender that was better than anyone we have at the moment. Its got nothing to do with Caulkers talent. After thinking about it is not a bad signing, a tall strong defender that we are not risking too much on. If the injuries clear up he will be back up, and if we are stuck for a few more weeks with so few defenders fit, I'd be a lot happier with Caulker in defence than Lucas, or having to play some kids back there.

On another note 10 years ago
    https://twitter.com/DanielAgger/status/686971872374845440

League cup and Fa cup replay making the difference then?
    League cup game and Europa league game, I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rob316 wrote: »
    How many times does it need to be said. Twitter is a medium not a source. Plenty of good sources on twitter and plenty of bad.

True, Joyce must have been briefed.

I suppose the problem is when the thread gets clogged up with stuff like Pato.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think Caulker is a decent loan signing, plus the fact that we got it done so quickly. If he was to be used as rotation/cover for the next few weeks and then come the end of the season we were to sign someone like Matip on a free transfer you'd have to think that was good business.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hopefully we won't need to use him at all with the exception of the cup replay coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hard to blame the injuries on Klopp's training methods if they are playing a game every 2.9 days.

They don't have enough time to train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The Liverpool Under 21s are playing a friendly against Sligo Rovers in The Showgrounds on Feb 10th. Think I'll go to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This was me seeing Liverpool had signed Steven fúcking Caulker

klopp-facepalm.gif

Why do we do such bad business even when we don't spend money. Surely we had targets for centre half its not as if we have Baresi, Costacurta and Madini there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

ERG89 wrote: »
    Why do we do such bad business even when we don't spend money. Surely we had targets for centre half its not as if we have Baresi, Costacurta and Madini there.

We do bad business when we spend money anyway, so I'm happy that at least we didn't waste money on another defender who isn't that great.

As it stands, we need a CB desperately in the next few weeks and it'd be nuts to fork out money on another CB when we'll likely have a major CB surplus when Sakho, Lovren and Skrtel are fit again.

If we were to go after a top CB, we'd need to cut one of the above 3, so best to wait until the summer for that to happen imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It good business because it had become necessary
    He can walk and he is a center half, he is young and just maybe will progress into something under Klopp. And I assume he is not cup tied, which must have been part of the thinking.

The clubs latest sponsorship deal is with Skype and Skype now has Liverpool emoticons

Boss Emoticons

Sign-04.jpg

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-sign-partnership-deal-10721598

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It good business because it had become necessary
    He can walk and he is a center half, he is young and just maybe will progress into something under Klopp. And I assume he is not cup tied, which must have been part of the thinking.

He's cup tied in the capital one cup because he played against us when we hammered Southampton. I don't see how Klopp is meant to magically help him become a good player as we have a load of turkeys he's trying to improve now. We currently have poor options at centre half & we didn't improve on them. We panicked & picked him up as a body tbh.
    I don't know how people can't see the opportunity at getting a champions league place or are we expecting those above us to decline even further next season to catch up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

This was me seeing Liverpool had signed Steven fúcking Caulker

klopp-facepalm.gif

Whilst January has proven fruitful for Liverpool in the past for transfers it's by a large a difficult window to shop on, that and the fact the euros this summer so any players from participating nations might be a bit sceptical about moving. Caulker is really only back up from the looks, if he does well that's great and if not its thanks and good bye. With you're moving on and hopefully skrtel getting binned if imagine we will see 1 or 2 incomings defence wise in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

He's cup tied in the capital one cup because he played against us when we hammered Southampton. I don't see how Klopp is meant to magically help him become a good player as we have a load of turkeys he's trying to improve now. We currently have poor options at centre half & we didn't improve on them.
    I don't know how people can't see the opportunity at getting a champions league place or are we expecting those above us to decline even further next season to catch up?

Being honest dont think we will get top four this season as i think its beyond us with this squad especially without sturridge. Like to see us win the league cup and go far in europe. Then for klopp to ship and bring in who he wants in the summer

Cannot believe Newcastle are shelling out 12 million for shelvey btw, fcuking hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm starting a campaign to get Ayala back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Don't know why people are upset about Caulker...sure his hamstring will probably explode 10 mins into his debut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

klose wrote: »
    Cannot believe Newcastle are shelling out 12 million for shelvey btw, fcuking hell.

Not sure we are in a position to throw stones at Newcastle. Shelvey had a great season last year and looks to be continuing his form this year. Hard to argue with that business. Current PL values are ridiculous right now and £12m is probably about right for a AM of middling ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Damien360 wrote: »
    Not sure we are in a position to throw stones at Newcastle. Shelvey had a great season last year and looks to be continuing his form this year. Hard to argue with that business. Current PL values are ridiculous right now and £12m is probably about right for a AM of middling ability.

And age. He's only 23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm starting a campaign to get Ayala back.

I'll start one to get Roberto Ayala. Was a mountain in his Valencia days.

Even at 42, he'd do a job I reckon.

jurgen-klopp-manager-of-liverpool-throws-big-to-joe-allen-during-a-picture-id504679672

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Find it funny how so many people are not happy with the Caulker signing. 3 things spring to mind:

1. A loan player means more money to spend in the summer...he is only there to fill in if needed.
    2. How many of you followed Klopp at Dortmund....he signed Hummels on loan and turned him into a superstar. Maybe he spotted something in Caulker that we have missed. (doubt it)
    3. Did or didnt Klopp say it would take time when he got the job?? I suspect he hasnt got a lot of money to spend, the right player isnt available at the moment or he isnt as involved in the signings as we are lead to believe.

Personally thing Caulker is a good stop gap player and will do a better job if needed than Lucas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

United Newcastle game is a cracker. Newcastle have some good footballers we should try raid.

Nice of United remembering how to play football just before our game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads I wouldn't mind having a cheeky bid for Sissoko and Wiljumudium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Lads I wouldn't mind having a cheeky bid for Sissoko and Wiljumudium.

Werent we in for wijnaldum a couple of years go?

Vicxas wrote: »

I bought him in Fifa 14 and he turned into a 97 rated player. Couldn't go wrong with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Vicxas wrote: »

Would have ended up out on loan without having played a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/michael-owen-insists-liverpool-can-7164444

Michael Owen believes Liverpool can still qualify for the Champions League this season.

“It’s going to be quite tough but you couldn’t really want it any easier," says the BT Sport pundit.

“Chelsea, for me, I don’t think they are going to get top four. You’d have expected them to be nailed on, but they are out of it. If Liverpool finish a place under 3rd and a place above 5th they will have a good chance of 4th ''

LOL!

David Wagner is having some impact at Huddersfield, maybe we got the wrong BVB coach! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I like Caulker tbh. Lost his way a but but a good loan signing. No point spending €10mil + on a player now that Klopp doesn't really want.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    LOL!

That's the bit you LOLd at !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

League cup game and Europa league game, I imagine.

Nothing to do with Europa League considering Arsenal also played in December in the champions League.

They will fell the extra Europa League game in Feb, and if they get knocked out of the Cup before that then they will have the Europa games back to back with a free weekend.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's the bit you LOLd at !! :D

Yeah, the whole shìt is ridiculous, that has to be made up. :pac:

£500k not £4m
    The former Charlton player arrived at the Liberty Stadium in July 2013 from Liverpool - who will receive about £500,000 because of a sell-on clause - for an initial fee of £5m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35290127

Happy enough with the Caulker signing. He will give his all for Klopp and I expect him to do well. Expect that there is also a set fee agreed for him if Liverpool want to exercise the option to keep him.

Hopefully Sakho is back soon as I think the defence should be built around him. His sliding tackling is excellent, he is very good at direct forward passes to feet and he is a leader.

I grudgingly admit Lovren has improved but I still dont really trust him and would need another CB available ahead of him. He's not first XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Is Caulker predominantly right sided? We could do with more naturally right sided guys anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Still so tight in the top 8
    Palace lose
    Man U drop 2pt
    Win tomorrow and it's game on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Vidic had his contract cancelled by inter... get him in before the weekend and sit him on the bench in liverpool kit for the lulz

retalivity wrote: »
    Vidic had his contract cancelled by inter... get him in before the weekend and sit him on the bench in liverpool kit for the lulz

Ewww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

retalivity wrote: »

He'll get a red card just warming up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Still so tight in the top 8
    Palace lose
    Man U drop 2pt
    Win tomorrow and it's game on

Is there any chance we can ban this sort of talk?

Any time I see anyone say "it's game on" or "we're just a win of..." we f*cking lose the next game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement