Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Listen to the radio for the action while enjoying the atmosphere! Does Anfield have a blind persons audio facility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We paid so much money for Benteke, I don't think we can just walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Listen to the radio for the action while enjoying the atmosphere! Does Anfield have a blind persons audio facility?

Radio would have a delay.

Excuse my ignorance but is blind person audio facility at games a thing? And again, not trying to be smart or anything but do blind people pay to go to Anfield? £77 would be a bit steep for that experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think Mignolet is using that now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've put my season unbeaten record on the line again tonight creating the match thread. I couldn't risk Harry doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Happy about this. Oliver is the best ref in the PL by some distance.

8-10 wrote: »
    Radio would have a delay.

Excuse my ignorance but is blind person audio facility at games a thing? And again, not trying to be smart or anything but do blind people pay to go to Anfield? £77 would be a bit steep for that experience!

Euro 2012 tournament used it and Leicester City have it. Dunno about anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    I've put my season unbeaten record on the line again tonight creating the match thread. I couldn't risk Harry doing it.

Even if we lose it won't be as bad as Owaynn's attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Even if we lose it won't be as bad as Owaynn's attempt.

The shockwaves are still being felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Makes sense to rotate tonight, gotta keep them fresh in the race for the top 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Think we are seeing Klopp having a closer look at younger players in the cup games to see what he has for next year and what he needs.
    Wouldnt be suprised if we see a few of them in the first team or at least getting starts in the PL next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Think we are seeing Klopp having a closer look at younger players in the cup games to see what he has for next year and what he needs.
    Wouldnt be suprised if we see a few of them in the first team or at least getting starts in the PL next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We are so far gone in the league maybe now is the ideal time to see what the youngsters are made of....I'd start picking a few of them to start every few games in the League at this point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What's the bet coutinho will be muck on his return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Liverpool are the first club this season to play 40 games.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/697101439139590144

NukaCola wrote: »
    We are so far gone in the league maybe now is the ideal time to see what the youngsters are made of....I'd start picking a few of them to start every few games in the League at this point...

That's the obvious thing isn't it? Unless Klopp really thinks its important to finish as high as possible. I'd sooner give everything to win a couple of cups this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Excited to see Teixeira playing, should benefit from playing with Coutinho. Still can't wait for Phil and Firmino to get back on the pitch together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Surprised ojo ain't involved at all.

Vicxas wrote: »

Hard to see him being able to do much after quite a while off. Hopefully we're wrong though.

• Advertisement

We paid so much money for Benteke, I don't think we can just walk away.

He might want to start off by learning the offside rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That felt like a real suckerpunch. We're playing a lot better than I thought we would. Still no bite up front.

Time for the return of himself, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Vicxas wrote: »

Don't think so :D

How did we not score there!

Coutinho and Benteke off for Sturridge and Origi I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

LIVERPOOL U21s v SLIGO ROVERS
    Wednesday February 10th.
    Kick-off 7pm.
    The Showgrounds, Sligo
    Tickets are on sale now at €10 for adults and €5 for kids.
    Tickets on sale at the gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5starpool wrote: »
    Coutinho and Benteke off for Sturridge and Origi I assume?

Trekkers stayed on, Coutinho and Teixeira went off.

I'd have rathered what you suggested though.

Whatever happens from here on the Academy players can be very happy with their contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sturridge is so comfortably on a different level to the rest of our players. In a way, its depressing.

The two lads signed in Jan '13 for 21m total, are absolutely still our main attacking hope.

Harsh on Firmino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Harsh on Firmino.

True, he's definitely on his way there. Hopefully we can get all three on the pitch more often. Then we may actually get places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This team will be fine once we've consistent pace up front to stretch teams. I'm sure of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well tits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

SlickRic wrote: »
    This team will be fine once we've consistent pace up front to stretch teams. I'm sure of it.

Not until we learn to defend from set pieces....not that this is new to Klopp's tenure. Same nonsense during Rodger's time.

Robbed by the ref.

Falling for that sh!te from Valencia all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I suppose it's nice that they're handing the referring jobs for the FA cup to random ***** off the street.

****ing hate watching benteke play for us, waste of fcuking space the useless sod. Feel bad for lucas after his good shift but that was one of his trademark stupid frees he gave away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Robbed by the ref.

Falling for that sh!te from Valencia all night.

*cough* Ilori pull down *cough*

Week didn't deserve to win missing all those chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

No point moaning about the ref. We had plenty of opportunities to score and we wasted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Benteke shouldn't be allowed play for Liverpool ever again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

flanzer wrote: »
    *cough* Ilori pull down *cough*

A dive among about 50 others all night.

West Ham deserved **** all from that.

Half their team would've been booked instead of the ref handing them soft free kick after soft free kick if he wasn't utterly ****ing useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

West Ham should have had a penalty, yes. That doesn't excuse the ref from allowing Valencia to play him all game. Every single header he went for he just threw himself to the ground, and got a free kick every time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Thought we were the better team and were unlucky to go out. I am not complaining though. I want to see us have a proper crack at the Europa League, so we can do without this distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Moreno is still a numpty.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

Delighted to see Sturridge get on. He really seems a class apart. I was a bit distracted watching it, but his passes are so much more accurate and strong than most the rest of the team.

It's funny, I thought he was indicating shortly after he came on that he was injured, but I think he was referring to the West Ham player on the ground. At least I hope that's what it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It was a good performance.......Benteke takes one of his chances and we win.....he has cost us dearly, we are much better up top with Firmino....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

On the plus side Sturridge looked class, almost every touch was good and he was at the heart of every good move..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

So close to getting to pens, which given our record, we would have had a great chance of going through.

Even from his cameo, the difference Sturridge makes is depressing, thinking what a fully fit Sturridge could do for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Game should have been killed off with those missed chances regardless. Good effort by the young lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement