Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Boards is still available in China.

Dunno...hasn't been a word from Kess since he went there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Dunno...hasn't been a word from Kess since he went there.

I also live there and it works but not great and very slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Glico Man wrote: »
    Up your own arse apparently
    Augme wrote: »
    Given how restricted people's internet access is in China we all wished you lived there as well.

Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.

Oh Niallo, it's that's brilliant x3, I see you're easily entertained.

Oh Niallo, it's that's brilliant x3, I see you're easily entertained.

Come on man, they were good in fairness. You have to admit that. Its only a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So no new injury reports on Sturridge might be time to do the lotto.

Come on man, they were good in fairness. You have to admit that. Its only a laugh.

The first one was okay, not really funny but an okay 'dig', not something I'd say but whatever, the second one doesn't really make sense since I do live in China but whatever each to their own.

So I wasn't the only one expecting to hear he'd broken down in training today?

Tomorrow I suppose.

The first one was okay, not really funny but an okay 'dig', not something I'd say but whatever, the second one doesn't really make sense since I do live in China but whatever each to their own.

Well i laughed and that's all that is important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, to be honest i'm really pleased with the way Klopp has handled Sturridge's return. Previously, we've been so eager to put him straight back into the team once he's recovered from injury, only to see him pick up another niggle of some kind. It's great that in spite of our problems up front, Klopp stayed patient and stuck to his plan of a required number of injury free days before he was allowed to play. With a bit (or more likely a lot) of luck, we might actually get spell of games from him.

I'd be interested if we were this patient when he was out for 8 weeks or so in 13/14. We were still winning games in his absence then, with Suarez on fire, so I wonder if he was given all the time his brittle body needed to heal then too. We got the rest of the season out of him then, from around this point in the year, so hopefully we can get similar this time. (hoping against hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, im guessing this has to be a key part of their deal when they join. A reasonable release clause or something. Could see players effectively putting their careers on hold for a year or two in exchange for insane wages, as long as there was a way out at that stage.

I don't see any club in the world (who will all have access to the same contract formats etc) agreeing to allow a player they just signed for €50m to leave for €25m at any time during the contract, especially for a player who has yet to reach his prime.
    I daresay if you're stuck there for your entire 4 or 5 year contract, the benefits of excessive money get outweighed by the negative of a decent portion of your life spent living where you don't want to, given that the 70-100k a week you'll earn in Europe doesn't exactly leave you short either.
    Don't forget that for Latin American players European cities are just as "away from home" as Chinese cities.

I lived for a few years in SE Asia and saw how a lot of guys with significant disposable income got over their homesickness or lack of professional career progression fairly easily ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well i laughed and that's all that is important.

image.png?w=480&c=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Need to get those Brazilian players before they end up in Europe.
    Buy direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Don't forget that for Latin American players European cities are just as "away from home" as Chinese cities.

I lived for a few years in SE Asia and saw how a lot of guys with significant disposable income got over their homesickness or lack of professional career progression fairly easily ;)

Not really...Latin Americans tend to have strong ties to European cities. Brazil - Portugal. Argentina - Italy and Spain provides a mix of the two.

There is a huge difference between Messi in Barca and Messi in Beijing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Need to get those Brazilian players before they end up in Europe.
    Buy direct.

Work permits probably make it pretty hard to do that.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »

Porto! We should buy Porto

T-K-O wrote: »
    Not really...Latin Americans tend to have strong ties to European cities. Brazil - Portugal. Argentina - Italy and Spain provides a mix of the two.

There is a huge difference between Messi in Barca and Messi in Beijing

So why do so many Brazilians settle down so well in Russia?? :eek: These guys live in a personal bubble regardless of what city they are in. A massive house, sports cars, groupies and being treated like royalty when you go out to bars, restaurants etc is pretty much the same everywhere and the more cosmopolitan the city in terms of choice of entertainment, restaurants, hotels etc the easier it is to find what you need to keep you happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I also live there and it works but not great and very slow.

Same as Ireland so.........

So why do so many Brazilians settle down so well in Russia?? :eek: These guys live in a personal bubble regardless of what city they are in. A massive house, sports cars, groupies and being treated like royalty when you go out to bars, restaurants etc is pretty much the same everywhere and the more cosmopolitan the city in terms of choice of entertainment, restaurants, hotels etc the easier it is to find what you need to keep you happy.

There are south American players particuallry Brazilians all over the world. If they are leaving their country, Europe is the detination of choice but of course they will earn anywhere possible.

T-K-O wrote: »
    There are south American players particuallry Brazilians all over the world. If they are leaving their country, Europe is the detination of choice but of course they will earn anywhere possible.

That's exactly my point. Europe (particularly Spain or Portugal) may be their preferred destination but with a short overseas career their focus is on earning as much cash as possible before returning home financially secure for the rest of their lives and potentially spending a couple of decent years aged 33-36 playing for their home town club again. It doesn't take much to get over earning 50% more and being treated like royalty in Beijing rather than in a European city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Augme wrote: »
    Given how restricted people's internet access is in China we all wished you lived there as well.

:D Just seen this. They're still picking pieces of Oranananange's pride up in Tesco bags throughout the thread. Bravo sir.

mosstin wrote: »
    :D Just seen this. They're still picking pieces of Oranananange's pride up in Tesco bags throughout the thread. Bravo sir.

Ha, I have no words, :P the delusion Is strong in you.

That's exactly my point. Europe (particularly Spain or Portugal) may be their preferred destination but with a short overseas career their focus is on earning as much cash as possible before returning home financially secure for the rest of their lives and potentially spending a couple of decent years aged 33-36 playing for their home town club again. It doesn't take much to get over earning 50% more and being treated like royalty in Beijing rather than in a European city.

China is still a strange move for the ambitious football player. There are certain "retirement' leagues that should be avoided during the peak years. Do I blame the guy for cashing in? No but it says a lot about their ambition in the game. We're taking about guys who earn a fortune regardless.

It's a good financial but awful career move imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

You've been torn so many new holes on this thread and its predecessors, it would take a consultant proctologist to figure out which one's the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

monkey9 wrote: »

Then what we need is some lovely Liverpool ladies for all those up and coming Brazilians. Mail order footballers .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are you Chinese or of Chinese descent, or are you just travelling over there at the moment?

5starpool wrote: »
    Are you Chinese or of Chinese descent, or are you just travelling over there at the moment?

I don't like giving out personal information

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's not like I asked for your passport number, but whatever.

I'll just pretend that you work nightshift overseeing a factory of child workers who make phone covers, and in between making sure they don't take more than 90 seconds on each toilet break you like to pop in here and torture us.

You just like giving out about Liverpool.

5starpool wrote: »
    It's not like I asked for your passport number, but whatever.

I'll just pretend that you work nightshift overseeing a factory of child workers who make phone covers, and in between making sure they don't take more than 90 seconds on each toilet break you like to pop in here and torture us.

He is teaching English over there. Just trying to get a positive location now.

• Advertisement

Should be pretty easy from a recent post in soccer.

Birthday 19 of November which you use for your password.

Why the secrecy so if you posted it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The Chinese are fcuked so.

Birthday 19 of November which you use for your password.

Ha no, no secrecy just don't want to give out to much information freely, I'm just a sip lean man that likes the simple things in life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm from Venus. I'm tall depending on the position of the sun. I don't like Tuesdays (the new Monday if you ask me) and I do not like green eggs and ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I don't know....that's quite a sweeping statement on a guy we know next to nothing about.

It's bound to be an immensely difficult decision. Like every Brazilian kid, he's doubtless spent his entire career thus far praying to get into the national squad. When he's at his closest, with a move to a bigger european team almost guaranteed in the next 6 months, an offer comes in that more than quadruples what he's on now, and doubles whatever he's likely to get elsewhere.

What do you do? On the one hand, you really want to play football for your country. On the other, taking the money ensures the security of your family for generations. I mean, lets look at this from entirely his own POV - in his career he's earning more money than he could ever spend in his lifetime anyway, so going to China for a few years is almost entirely negative. But the longterm security it brings for his family - collage education for grandchildren, and maybe even their grandchildren.

You could easily look at it and say the selfish thing to do is to take his European move in the summer, get into the Brazil squad and achieve all his footballing ambitions. Instead, after being stuck in the Ukraine, he's now going to be stuck in China, but with generations of financial security.

I dont think waiting a few months and moving to Europe for 60/70/80k a week would preclude him from building a nest egg and finding financial security.

Each to their own. I'm just saying if money is his motivation in football, i'm glad we haven't signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dont think waiting a few months and moving to Europe for 60/70/80k a week would preclude him from building a nest egg and finding financial security.

Each to their own. I'm just saying if money is his motivation in football, i'm glad we haven't signed him.

It could be down to the fact that he wanted to get the hell out of Ukraine as quickly as he possibly could, which nobody could blame him for and the only club willing to pay the asking price happened to be in China, and he was offered astronomical wages to go there. Maybe he sees it as a very short term stopgap with a view of moving to a top European club within the next year?

I hate this crap of well he moved to China so has no ambition, thank god we didn't sign him. He's in top form and we have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes or his thought process in choosing to go there. We could do with more people who can put the ball in the back of the net regularly and he's definitely good at doing that these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

punk_one82 wrote: »
    It could be down to the fact that he wanted to get the hell out of Ukraine as quickly as he possibly could, which nobody could blame him for and the only club willing to pay the asking price happened to be in China, and he was offered astronomical wages to go there. Maybe he sees it as a very short term stopgap with a view of moving to a top European club within the next year?

I hate this crap of well he moved to China so has no ambition, thank god we didn't sign him. He's in top form and we have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes or his thought process in choosing to go there. We could do with more people who can put the ball in the back of the net regularly and he's definitely good at doing that these days.
    He has no chance of playing in Europe inside the next 2 to 3 years (he has a 4 year contract). Considering he's 26 that will possibly put his best days behind him. The only hope he has is if the club stop paying him. Who's going to spend £38m plus £185k/week in wages to bring him back to Europe? He's good but he's not that good. If Real, Bayern, City, PSG and Barca (some of the only clubs that could afford him) go into the market for an attacker there will be better options for that money. Harry Kane would more than likely be signed for that kind of outlay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Crazy Robbie Keane and Gerrard clownacting in L.A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Well, that was a pretty rubbish prank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

2 minutes of my life I lost watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

punk_one82 wrote: »

Exactly. He's just joined up with 2 fellow Brazilians in the same team, Jo and Ramires.

There's nearly a Brazilian in every team in China so it's not like he's gone there on his own and will get homesick.

Scolari is respected in Brazil and he's managing over there.

Jackson Martinez is another big name who's made the move in January. It could happen that the South American players will see the Chinese league as as a serious option to playing in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ronjo wrote: »
    Is it true that they changed it also so that all games will now be at highest category or is that bull?

There is a mix of prices per stand ranging from the old cat A price to the going to a little lower than the old cat C price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brazilian players have always traveled to the far flung regions of the football world they went to Japan before they went to Russia now they will go to China

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

So I wasn't the only one expecting to hear he'd broken down in training today?

Tomorrow I suppose.
    Pics inside Melwood below.

http://www.footballtraininggrounds.com/liverpool.html

I want that pool table:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rob316 wrote: »
    2 minutes of my life I lost watching that.

Didn't click - I knew if Gerrard and Keane were involved that it would be rubbish :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well, that was a pretty rubbish prank.

The Orange2 of "banter".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So are we gonna see Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge all starting on Saturday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

kfallon wrote: »
    So are we gonna see Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge all starting on Saturday??

If he can make it through the warm up, there's a chance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement